Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jan 21, 7:36 AM
Sep 2021
According to the title it implies rishie is a villainess, but after watching 3 episodes, i didn't get it like how/in what way she is a villainess. Can anybody clarify it, you can also give a spoiler relating to this topic for me
Jan 21, 7:57 AM
Nov 2018
@AnimeSrk In the first episode, they had the whole otome type scene. Where the prince denounced her for being evil to take up another bride. I honestly don't think she did anything bad. The prince wanted her out of the way for another woman, so he claimed she was abusing the other woman. I am kinda confused about her being a villainess she was framed.
Jan 21, 8:01 AM
Sep 2021
Moppit said:
@AnimeSrk In the first episode, they had the whole otome type scene. Where the prince denounced her for being evil to take up another bride. I honestly don't think she did anything bad. The prince wanted her out of the way for another woman, so he claimed she was abusing the other woman. I am kinda confused about her being a villainess she was framed.

Yes i get it she was framed but why is "villainess" included in the title, is it to attract people to watch this show or something else entirely
Jan 21, 8:07 AM
Dec 2022
AnimeSrk said:
Moppit said:

Yes i get it she was framed but why is "villainess" included in the title, is it to attract people to watch this show or something else entirely

anime is now click bait oh my god.

but to be honest the guy made a valid claim and your argument is justifiable
Jan 21, 8:20 AM
Aug 2020
I thought the same thing. honestly I think the whole "villainess" thing is just a buzzword. last season had "I'm in love with the Villainess" but the titular Villainess was more just a spoiled tsundere and not actually evil. so it's probably just to drum up interest and cash in on a trend
Jan 21, 8:24 AM
Jul 2022
Aren't villainess trope with reincarnation trending nowadays maybe because of that title have 'villainess' other wise the main villain is the prince not the mc
Jan 21, 9:17 AM
Sep 2022
I think it is a trend sort of thing. Many manhwas I have read so far always have this word villainess in them and most of the time FL was a villainess but I think this one just correlated it with this time travel stuff and just added villainess
Jan 21, 9:43 AM

Jul 2013
The word "villainess" was so far only relevant at the beginning of the story. Not an anime classic "villainess" definition, as in an antagonist of a story, but just as in a "vile woman".
Society of that period would paint you as a horrible person if your engagement is broken thinking you must have done something awful for that to happen. That's it.

Rishe isn't a part of some novel or game or something else for her to actually be a villainess in that context anyway. At least the current novel story doesn't hint at anything like that happening or being the case.
Noir… It is the name of an ancient fate. Two sisters who watch anime. The peace of the newly born, their black hands protect.
Jan 21, 10:31 AM

Feb 2010
I've only seen the anime but I think a twist could be her role in whatever started the loops and possibly the war too

But something like that might not happen
Jan 21, 10:57 AM
Oct 2022
AnimeSrk said:
Moppit said:

Yeah, I think it's almost become the name we use for the genre. For games, Roguelikes, Soulslikes, and Metroidvania will tell you about some aspects of the game without having anything to do with the games the terms stem from. Maybe Villainess shows are those with a female protagonist navigating romance issues, sometimes/often with knowledge others don't have. usually from seeing it as a game in a previous life, but this time through the loops 🤷🏾‍♂️
Jan 21, 11:21 AM
Nov 2018
@AnimeSrk Maybe just the fact she was forced into the role of a villainess for the title of the anime. Villainess in the title sounds better than "The Lady Enjoys a Carefree Life Married to Her Worst Enemy." So they had to portray her as the enemy even if she wasn't one.
Jan 21, 11:36 AM
Sep 2021
Moppit said:
@AnimeSrk Maybe just the fact she was forced into the role of a villainess for the title of the anime. Villainess in the title sounds better than "The Lady Enjoys a Carefree Life Married to Her Worst Enemy." So they had to portray her as the enemy even if she wasn't one.

OK, that is also valid point
Jan 21, 1:56 PM
Nov 2020
In my opinion, She’s qualified as the villainess in the original story because she was accused of treason and lies against the prince and the girl he actually loves
Jan 21, 2:32 PM
Nov 2018
myouud said:
In my opinion, She’s qualified as the villainess in the original story because she was accused of treason and lies against the prince and the girl he actually loves

In the original story, Rishe and the prince were engaged. Then the prince fell in love with someone else. To get out of the engagement, the prince made up a whole bunch of lies about Rishe. So she was never a villainess to begin with. She is more of a victim of a loveless relationship.
Jan 21, 4:37 PM
Oct 2020
Moppit said:
myouud said:

In the original story, Rishe and the prince were engaged. Then the prince fell in love with someone else. To get out of the engagement, the prince made up a whole bunch of lies about Rishe. So she was never a villainess to begin with. She is more of a victim of a loveless relationship.

From most of the stories I've read, the "villainess" is indeed the villain in the context of the original story. But from the perspective of the current/new "villainess", you learn very quickly that in truth, they were completely a victim of the people around them and became a villainess as a result.
XylathothJan 21, 8:43 PM
Jan 21, 4:43 PM
Oct 2020
From most of the stories I've read, the "villainess" is indeed the villain in the perspective of the original story. But from the perspective of the current/new "villainess", you learn very quickly that in truth, they were completely a victim of the people around them and became a villainess as a result. This series follows the same formula.
Jan 21, 5:00 PM
Nov 2018
@Xylathoth No, it doesn't. Marie, the prince, new fiance, is the one who causes all the rumors. The prince was never in love with Rishe, so he took advantage of the rumors to get away from her. In every one of her lives, Rishe never cared for revenge. Instead, used them to learn new skills that interest her. I don't see how you can call her a villainess.
Jan 21, 5:34 PM
Oct 2020
Moppit said:
@Xylathoth No, it doesn't. Marie, the prince, new fiance, is the one who causes all the rumors. The prince was never in love with Rishe, so he took advantage of the rumors to get away from her. In every one of her lives, Rishe never cared for revenge. Instead, used them to learn new skills that interest her. I don't see how you can call her a villainess.

I realized this thread is not talking about the anime I thought it was, for some reason the app showed the image for the other villainess anime this season.

That aside, she still was made the "villainess" by those characters but the title is really stretching the use of the term since that plays little emphasis on the story except for that being the starting point of her loops.
Jan 21, 6:44 PM
Nov 2018
@Xylathoth Actually, I am talking about the anime. I have never read the LN or the manga. Everything I mention is in the first 3 episodes. The person in the thread is wondering how Rishe is considered the villainess in the title when she did nothing wrong. They weren't talking about who in the anime said she is a villainess. What did she do that was horrible enough to call her a villainess.
Jan 21, 7:52 PM
Oct 2020
Moppit said:
@Xylathoth Actually, I am talking about the anime. I have never read the LN or the manga. Everything I mention is in the first 3 episodes. The person in the thread is wondering how Rishe is considered the villainess in the title when she did nothing wrong. They weren't talking about who in the anime said she is a villainess. What did she do that was horrible enough to call her a villainess.

I am talking about the anime too, I never mentioned the LN, and I am inferring what happened before the story for her to be called the villainess. I believe I explained my reasoning already. The villainess can be completely innocent but because of other characters blaming her for things she didn't do, she can still be called a villainess. But like I already said, I think this show is stretching the use of "villainess" since that plot point seems to barely affect the story outside of starting her loop. So like other people have said, the author seems to be using the term for click bait.
XylathothJan 21, 7:57 PM
Jan 21, 10:13 PM
May 2023
ratliker63 said:
I thought the same thing. honestly I think the whole "villainess" thing is just a buzzword. last season had "I'm in love with the Villainess" but the titular Villainess was more just a spoiled tsundere and not actually evil. so it's probably just to drum up interest and cash in on a trend

For the most part, most "Villainesses" in Villainess Isekai are just Mean Girls that never do anything truly evil.

It's why I pass on a lot of them, because being reincarnated as Regina George isn't as interesting to me as being reincarnated as a Demon Queen or Maleficent type character. It's why I have been loving this new season with "Maho Ako" (the protagonist gets a chance to pretty much be Queen Beryl with a BDSM kink) & "Villainess Level 99" (the protagonist is reincarnated as a hidden boss more powerful than the Demon Lord)because they get to be more like the traditional fantasy Villainess, & they have fun with it.

I was going to pass on this initially because of the Villainess part of the title, but Rishe isn't any kind of Villainess. Not even a Mean Girl, & I love how she just decides to live her life however she sees fit when freed from the shackles of a noble.
Jan 22, 12:06 AM

Apr 2021
Reply to Moppit
@Moppit Thank you for showing that some of us actually pay attention and follow the anime’s actual story and plot by watching the episodes.

Most the questions on MAL are from people that don’t have a clue what is going on, because they watched the least amount of episodes possible or watched the whole series and didn’t follow anything at all.

It is refreshing to have someone answer clearly.

They will also attack the anime as bad, but I’m enjoying it.
Note: I don’t lazily watch 3-5 episodes, biasedly compare to other anime, or unfairly judge by surface level similarities. With every anime I start, I watch the entire series and judge each based on what they present, to give an honest and fair rating.

Jan 22, 12:23 AM

Jul 2015
Seems like a lot of author's have figured it out, that this "villainess" subgenre sells, which is why we have an abundance of it lately, so they put it in the title and excuses it by fabricating some accusation against the protagonist and the prince being cartoonishly unlikable just so we would synpstise with Rishe.
Still, after first episode the "villainess" in the title loses all meaning if it even had any.

Jan 22, 2:19 AM
Aug 2023
They didn't properly show her past Villianess side yet.
Jan 22, 3:08 AM

Oct 2020
I agree that villainess shouldn't really be in the title as Rishe isn't one in the way you'd expect, however I believe it in fact refers to her plan to live a lazy and indolent life, staying at home and doing as she pleases while not even allowing her husband to touch her. The fact that she invests huge amounts of time into trying to stop the war (and other interfering you'll see in later episodes) is an irony apparently lost on her! 😂
Jan 22, 8:59 AM
Nov 2018
@ejleon I enjoy the air of mystery in the anime. Plus, Rishe has so far been a great protagonist. If it keeps up easily, it's my favorite anime this season.
Jan 22, 3:04 PM
Nov 2019
it's implied as she never allows the Prince to do the character assassination speech when he dumps her.....

it's basically a timeloop isekai/reincarnation where she ends up stuck with the person responsible for her death the other 6 loops...
Jan 22, 5:19 PM

Apr 2021
Reply to Moppit
@ejleon I enjoy the air of mystery in the anime. Plus, Rishe has so far been a great protagonist. If it keeps up easily, it's my favorite anime this season.
@Moppit • I would agree with you. This anime has been the one that peaked my interested the most.

Another has been…

Gekai Elise

“Doctor Elise: The Royal Lady with the Lamp”
Note: I don’t lazily watch 3-5 episodes, biasedly compare to other anime, or unfairly judge by surface level similarities. With every anime I start, I watch the entire series and judge each based on what they present, to give an honest and fair rating.

Jan 22, 5:28 PM
Nov 2018
@ejleon I'm watching Doctor Elise also.
Jan 22, 6:59 PM

Nov 2009
It's a common plotline in nearly all Otome Games.

Where the Protagonist (female) meets Bishounens, and usually have a "high class" (male) that falls in love with the Protag, but 80% of the times in Otome, these males already have Girlfirends and thus they dump the GF in order to get with the Protag.

And the Girlfriend in this case are the "villainess"

As thus females that have been "dumped" in Otome games are called Villainess because they're "against the Protag", where the Protag are "good" in 90% Otome games. And the GFs that got dumped are "evil". Thus "Villainess"

So in this series, the random girl next to the Prince we saw at the beginning when the Prince dumped Rishe. That random Girl by Otome Games is the "Protag" (the good, the savior, the main character, etc etc). And Rishe is the "dumped GF" that will take revenge against the Prince and the random girl. (the evil, the darkness, the last boss, etc etc)

But villainess series takes on a "reverse setting" where the Protag and GF's aspects are swapped around, thus making the GF the good, while the Protag the evil. (however some series makes both the good and friends)
amlgJan 22, 7:09 PM
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Jan 24, 2:16 PM

Jul 2010
I thought the same. I guess it was just that one part where she was framed as one.
Senjougahara: Don't call me "this chick"
Araragi: Then what should I call you?
Senjougahara: Senjougahara-sama.
Araragi: SEN - JOU - GA - HAA - RAA - SAA - MAA
Senjougahara: I don't like the way you say it. Say it properly.
Araragi: Senjougahara-chan~
Jan 24, 2:22 PM

Jun 2012
Web-novels use long and descriptive if inaccurate titles to attract clicks, just like articles and videos do. In an online market competition for your readership is fierce.

Akuyaku Reijou (villainess) is a common trope in these titles.
Jan 25, 6:32 AM
Mar 2021
Good question - if I had to make a total guess; probably because she's marrying the most "evil" guy in the world? Therefore she probably has evil intentions that only the audience knows is not true...
Jan 26, 8:34 AM

Jan 2020
I don’t hate this genre necessarily as there are some good villainess anime, but don’t you think this genre is beat to death now?
Jan 27, 12:07 AM

Mar 2011
Reply to Animillion
I don’t hate this genre necessarily as there are some good villainess anime, but don’t you think this genre is beat to death now?
@Animillion Actually... I would love to see one of these where the supposed "villainess" messes up so much in the beginning that she has a lot of work to get things going in her favor again. Bonus points if she doesn't fall for the stereotypical (dark/mysterious) male main character but for the male supporting character she always found annoying and hated for some reason. More points even if it has a shocking plot-twist.

Don't get me wrong... I love this story in particular but they all follow the same pattern (which there is nothing wrong if you like stories like this) without trying something refreshing. Also the overpowered MC which is kind of overused at this point. At least in my opinion. But at least in Rishe's case it makes sense since it's her 7th attempt and if you didn't learn some skills along the way then I don't know but that would be a hopeless case.
You're the light shining over The black and gloomy nights
So long I've been waiting To run into your arms
Oh, my only one desire You're the one I need
Through the thousand years ~ Evermore

"Midnight Sun" by AleXa

Mar 21, 3:43 PM

Jan 2020
‘Cause 悪役令嬢 is like a set phrase.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Loop 7-kaime no Akuyaku Reijou wa, Moto Tekikoku de Jiyuu Kimama na Hanayome Seikatsu wo Mankitsu suru Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 24

73 by azumachi »»
Apr 24, 7:23 PM

Poll: » Loop 7-kaime no Akuyaku Reijou wa, Moto Tekikoku de Jiyuu Kimama na Hanayome Seikatsu wo Mankitsu suru Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 7

122 by GavrocheN7 »»
Apr 20, 3:30 PM

Poll: » Loop 7-kaime no Akuyaku Reijou wa, Moto Tekikoku de Jiyuu Kimama na Hanayome Seikatsu wo Mankitsu suru Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 17

31 by pansz »»
Apr 7, 12:25 PM

Poll: » Loop 7-kaime no Akuyaku Reijou wa, Moto Tekikoku de Jiyuu Kimama na Hanayome Seikatsu wo Mankitsu suru Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 10

35 by pansz »»
Apr 7, 12:06 PM

Poll: » Loop 7-kaime no Akuyaku Reijou wa, Moto Tekikoku de Jiyuu Kimama na Hanayome Seikatsu wo Mankitsu suru Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 3

43 by Jagerbars »»
Apr 4, 8:54 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.