Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jan 4, 10:55 AM
Is a Hidden Gem

Aug 2007
Ibara no Ou [King of Thorn]
"Medusa," a deadly virus becomes a worldwide epidemic. To escape from this deadly virus, a handful of people are chosen to be put into a cold sleep, lying in a capsule hoping for a future cure. Kasumi, a teenage girl is one of the 160 chosen for this procedure and is guided to a Cold Sleep Capsule Center (CSCC) inside an ancient castle. Understanding that it is hardly possible, Kasumi goes to sleep still anticipating a reunion with her twin sister Shizuku, who also is infected with the virus. As Kasumi and the others awake, they notice that the CSCC is not as they remembered. Just like the story of "Sleeping Beauty," the castle is covered with thorns, and the awaken are attacked by unknown creatures and monsters! How long were they asleep? Where did the monsters come from? What has happened to the world?

Abandoned amid an enigma, the escapade of the seven survivors begins...

Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Jan 4, 12:58 PM

Aug 2011
Cool! Will be checking it out.
desu desu binches
Jan 4, 7:19 PM
Jul 2020
King of thorn is a favorite of mine. I like the anime but the manga had much more impact in six volumes over the anime's one hour. Give it a watch to see if you're interested further, and if so check out the book!
Jan 4, 11:31 PM

Nov 2012
I hadn't seen any of the anime in the polling this time, and I know you shouldn't judge something by it's cover or whatever, but I often look at the pages of the ones I haven't seen and look at a few reviews and general responses. To gauge my general interest in them.
But I noticed the results disproportionately didn't seem to match the opinions I was reading. I mean to me personally as well, that scifi series by the saint seiya mangaka looked more interesting.
So I thought is it possible most people voted for this due to the lower time investment it requires? Which seemed an unfair metric to judge it's hidden gem status by. I've never noticed a disparity like this before, so maybe this one was just a outlier and more people generally had enjoyed this movie. Just thought I'd mention it anyway, if it continues to look like it's skewing results, maybe it might be worth considering keeping all series in a months voting around a similar length?
I have a third testicle that gives me psychic powers
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

Poll: » Vote for the Hidden Gem of Anime - June 2024

Brand - May 19

6 by Brand »»
May 20, 5:18 PM

» May 2024 - The Hakkenden: Legend of the Dog Warriors

Brand - May 5

0 by Brand »»
May 5, 11:03 AM

Poll: » Vote for the Hidden Gem of Anime - May 2024

Brand - Apr 21

0 by Brand »»
Apr 21, 4:44 PM

Sticky: » Suggest a Hidden Gem of Anime of the Month! ( 1 2 3 )

Brand - May 2, 2017

113 by saaim_ »»
Apr 4, 12:16 AM

» April 2024 - Skull Man

Brand - Apr 3

0 by Brand »»
Apr 3, 5:55 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.