Forums

Future Fears with AI generated imagery in animation and manga

New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Dec 27, 2023 6:29 AM

Mar 2008
Reply to DreamingBeats
@Lucifrost
imagine butchering the translation so hard that they turn a series into a completely different genre.

by the way, it's not fully AI translation. Rather it's AI-assisted translation. Meaning that there's still people doing quality check and making sure the translation is at least passable. it's worth noting that AI is not google translate. it's a much more powerful tool.
@DreamingBeats
Then why do i see so many subs lately with messed up subs? Like doubled lines, sloppy illegible placement, wrong names being said and even italics brackets.
Dec 28, 2023 10:34 PM
Jun 2016
LSSJ_Gaming said:
Art is defined as "the expression or application of human creative skill and imagination"

I consider art, after a lot of careful thought, as "asynchronous asymmetrical emotional communication". You have one person carving their emotions in stone and sharing them with you across time. A machine fundamentally can't do that. A machine can't understand the human experience.

The only way AI can generate art is by the human curation being the art itself, or by plagiarizing the work of others directly.

With the animation industry in it's current state, I don't think it's sustainable without AI. But I also don't want to watch AI-generated anime. As it happens though, I also don't really find myself wanting to watch anime at all anymore. The obnoxious quantity they put out lately has been eroding any joy I had from a new release. Now when I see a new release I just think "add it to the backlog".

I guess I'll touch grass from now on.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» Anime that you started watching because of Social Media

ST63LTH - 3 hours ago

13 by ProGoddess »»
3 minutes ago

» Do you have any special memories from the anime fandom?

RobertBobert - 2 hours ago

1 by Zettaiken »»
5 minutes ago

» Criticism You Don't Understand.

Alpha_1_Zero - 10 hours ago

22 by pk8list »»
7 minutes ago

» Why do people complain about "rapey" characters in anime?

Alpha_1_Zero - 10 hours ago

15 by Nirinbo »»
8 minutes ago

» Do you wish your culture was more represent in anime?

Spunkert - 23 minutes ago

2 by Maou_heika »»
11 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.