Forum Settings
Forums

Do you guys think I need to revive this RP club in 2024?

New
Dec 22, 2023 9:04 AM

Dec 2013
Do you guys think I need to make efforts to revive this RP club in 2024?
https://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=82819

Dec 23, 2023 11:14 AM

May 2021
Well, I remember thinking that it was very cool back when you created it, but I'm not interested in RP. I still think it's worth the effort, though :) maybe enough people will join eventually. It'd be a shame for such an interesting and nice-looking club to go to waste, at least in my opinion.
Dec 23, 2023 11:18 AM

Apr 2012
Reply to -YaoiBoy-
Well, I remember thinking that it was very cool back when you created it, but I'm not interested in RP. I still think it's worth the effort, though :) maybe enough people will join eventually. It'd be a shame for such an interesting and nice-looking club to go to waste, at least in my opinion.
@-YaoiBoy- Hey babe <3 fancy meeting you here.
Dec 23, 2023 11:23 AM

May 2021
Reply to Spinnerweb
@-YaoiBoy- Hey babe <3 fancy meeting you here.
@Spinnerweb lol hey :3 yeah, it seems that I'm using the forums quite a bit these days :p but I'll be starting my next BL VN soon, so you probably won't be meeting me here too often lol at least for the remainder of this year. Fancy meeting such a rare guest as you here as well :P
Dec 23, 2023 4:20 PM

Dec 2013
Reply to -YaoiBoy-
@-YaoiBoy- MAL clubs are generally dead, let alone RP club. RP club takes a lot of thinking for the user to post, let alone to moderate. Why do you think any RP club can have hopes for it to survive in MAL?

But at the same time I am also curious why users also want to spend time debating about random things extensively in some anime forum

Dec 23, 2023 4:51 PM

Aug 2021
woah didn't know there was clubs like this
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 23, 2023 5:18 PM

Dec 2013
Reply to YanYan
woah didn't know there was clubs like this
@yaawwwnnnn there are many RP clubs in MAL. But that club is the last RP club made for MAL hitherto, and also the best one IMO

Dec 23, 2023 9:26 PM

May 2021
Reply to philtecturophy
@-YaoiBoy- MAL clubs are generally dead, let alone RP club. RP club takes a lot of thinking for the user to post, let alone to moderate. Why do you think any RP club can have hopes for it to survive in MAL?

But at the same time I am also curious why users also want to spend time debating about random things extensively in some anime forum
@philtecturophy well, I don't know if you have the time or desire for it, and how enthusiastic you are about it in general :) if you're extremely tired of it not working out, and the evidence shows that it won't succeed, then maybe it makes sense to abandon it. I'm just looking at it from this angle: "If it's very important to him, and he doesn't mind spending some time on it, then why does it matter if the chance of success is low?". I don't think about whether it can survive on MAL or not, I hope that it can :) so, my main purpose here is to encourage something that I thought was very nice, even if it's not particularly in my sphere of interest, with a hope that success will eventually find it. I just thought that maybe if there was a way to constantly advertise it in a non-intrusive way, all the time, some people (like yaawwwnnnn above) would take interest, which would lead to some of them staying indefinitely and even taking on themselves the responsibilities of moderating it as well. I definitely don't have any kind of evidence that says it'll succeed :) but if it suddenly becomes the RP club of MAL, then it very well may be successful. I've seen a specific niche clubs (or similar things) thrive in communities that weren't too populated to begin with, simply because of the high quality and lack of competition working in their favor. In any case, it's true that it's hard to know how many active MAL users would want to spend their time on RP because of how time-consuming it can become. I don't know. I can only speak for myself :) I don't mind the "a lot of thinking" part, but I'm just not interested in the process of RP itself.

A simple and quick way to satisfy one's social needs? I don't know about others, but sometimes I just have some thoughts or feelings that I want share randomly and not with any specific friend/acquaintance. Someone makes a topic like "What does an anime you rated a 5 mean to you?", and it suddenly ignites something inside of me. I start to remember how much of pain and thought went into trying to define those numbers for myself, and I just feel the desire to put some aspect of it into words and post about it. A lot of times I don't even care if people read it or not, since it's just an outlet, and I understand that reading long and personal posts can be pretty boring and tiresome if you don't care about the poster specifically. As for debating, I like when it's done in good faith and aimed at solving some problem, no matter how insignificant it is. Coming to mutually beneficial terms with a person who has different views on things is very satisfying and can create a potentially harmonious atmosphere, especially if you meet that person on the forums again and again. That said, I never thought that I'd be writing long posts on some anime forum either :) I don't mind it, as long as doesn't interfere with more important things too much, especially since it's the only place on the internet where I'm socially active among strangers. I will get tired of it soon enough and will tune out for another half a year or so anyway.

Oh, and it's your 10th anniversary on MAL soon! Congratulations :p
Dec 24, 2023 5:15 AM

Jul 2022
I used to be really into roleplaying back some 5 years ago. I roleplayed for roughly 10 years I think? it is pretty time consuming and considering that a lot of people don´t even put effort in their forum replies, I am not sure whether roleplaying would ever become too popular on MAL. but if you are fine with about like 10 active members who post regularly that could work. if you are looking for a successful club that would be artistically thriving I wouldn´t bother. Roleplaying is a bit of a 2010s thing. same for blogs.

as for clubs being dead, true for the majority of them, but I am in two of them and they are pretty lively.
I am out with lanterns looking for myself.

-- emily dickinson --

More topics from this board

» Hottest non Hollywood actor on YouTube?

scarydragon - 2 hours ago

3 by LoveYourEyes »»
12 minutes ago

» What sort of education did you get? ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Dec 23, 2019

50 by DesuMaiden »»
19 minutes ago

» whats your shoe size ?

sussybakagirl420 - Mar 22

28 by elgatosaika »»
22 minutes ago

» Who is the most perverted person you irl ?

Thy-Veseveia - Apr 26

10 by MalchikRepaid »»
23 minutes ago

» Does knowing how MAL user looks like change how you see/treat them?

barababas - 1 hour ago

6 by elgatosaika »»
24 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.