Forum Settings
Forums

Manga 'Youkai Gakkou no Sensei Hajimemashita!' Gets TV Anime in 2024

New
Dec 15, 2023 7:23 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
An official website opened for a television anime adaptation of Mai Tanaka's Youkai Gakkou no Sensei Hajimemashita! (A Terrified Teacher at Ghoul School!) manga on Friday. An illustration (pictured) drawn by Tanaka was also revealed to commemorate the announcement. The anime is scheduled to premiere in 2024.

Tanaka began serializing the school comedy manga in Monthly GFantasy magazine in November 2014. Square Enix shipped the 15th volume on June 27 and will release the 16th volume on December 27.

Yen Press licensed the manga in English in 2017 and shipped the 13th volume on July 18.

Synopsis
Rookie teacher Haruaki Abe is as cowardly as they come. It's hard enough for him to handle human students without whimpering-and now he's going to be teaching at a school full of monsters?! It's a classroom of horrors for Haruaki, as his mischievous students use every means at their disposal to prank him! Will this poor teacher be able to get his group of ghouls under control, or is this class destined for failure? (Source: Yen Press)

Official site: https://youkaigakkou.com/

Source: Comic Natalie

Youkai Gakkou no Sensei Hajimemashita! on MAL
DatRandomDudeDec 15, 2023 4:40 PM
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Dec 15, 2023 7:39 AM

Aug 2021
Hehehehehe, that's good news.

Dec 15, 2023 8:08 AM

Apr 2016
This seems like one of those stories where the teacher will be in an illicit relationship with his students ...

Or like one of those were the mangaka wish it was ...
Dec 15, 2023 8:43 AM

Apr 2012
A version of Demi-chan with more gag humor and less science fiction?
Dec 15, 2023 11:14 AM

May 2021
I think this will be one of the rare times where I am gonna like the anime version better than the manga . We'll see
Dec 15, 2023 11:50 AM

May 2020
The teacher looks anything but terrified tho.
Dec 15, 2023 2:57 PM
Jul 2016
Hooray for another correct prediction for my interest stack for predicting future anime adaptations! I read about 99 chapters of this manga, and it's a fun little comedy.

Dec 16, 2023 2:33 AM
Feb 2016
A good news indeed!
I hope the Drama CD casts will return to reprise their role
Feb 28, 9:23 AM

Jan 2019
Reply to erikkamirs
Hooray for another correct prediction for my interest stack for predicting future anime adaptations! I read about 99 chapters of this manga, and it's a fun little comedy.

@erikkamirs is this kind of similar to Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei?
Feb 29, 4:32 PM

Aug 2010
Imagine being a fan waiting ten years for an anime.
Bum Bum Dum Dum

Mar 7, 10:31 PM
Sep 2020
This is my favorite manga! I’m really excitedto see the characters animated!!!
Mar 28, 6:54 PM
Jul 2023
@Swagernator
This seems like one of those stories where the teacher will be in an illicit relationship with his students ...

I've been a big fan of this manga, and I can assure you that there will not be any illicit relationship with his students! It's more on him trying to become a better teacher for himself and his students! I hope this reply will pique your interest for this anime!
-----

@RobertBobert
A version of Demi-Chan with more gag humor and less science fiction?

Yup! There may be similarities in terms of the monster part but it's mostly different from Demi-Chan.

I would say Youkai Gakkou no Sensei Hajimemashita is more accurate on the Youkai's powers and weaknesses, and instead of having only specific students to be involved in the show, this anime has involvement of all the students in the class and the most common students that interacts with the teacher has their own arcs which is unique. In other words, everyone is a freak in this anime with different personality for each character and has character developments for all of them as Tanaka Mai, the author, has lots of love for the manga.

I would recommend checking it out when it drops!
-----

@Softhenic03

The author, Tanaka Mai was very happy when they drew this, and Haruaki Abe is what I could call a cinnamon roll! Don't worry though! Haruaki Abe will be very cowardly and terrified at the beginning to the point that even little grade school children can make him cry! >w<
-----

@arne0
is this kind of similar to Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei?

I wouldn't say it is similar to Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei but more of the opposite. This anime focuses more on the positivity side of things and is more lighthearted. However, there are some serious, yet comedic arcs so look forward to it!
-----

I truly recommend people to watch when it drops or even read the manga for now as this manga is one of the best (and loved by the author) that I have seen! The character design and developments, the comedic and the plot twists are what drew me to this manga!
Mar 28, 7:01 PM

Apr 2012
Reply to saeforlifee
@Swagernator

I've been a big fan of this manga, and I can assure you that there will not be any illicit relationship with his students! It's more on him trying to become a better teacher for himself and his students! I hope this reply will pique your interest for this anime!
-----

@RobertBobert
A version of Demi-Chan with more gag humor and less science fiction?

Yup! There may be similarities in terms of the monster part but it's mostly different from Demi-Chan.

I would say Youkai Gakkou no Sensei Hajimemashita is more accurate on the Youkai's powers and weaknesses, and instead of having only specific students to be involved in the show, this anime has involvement of all the students in the class and the most common students that interacts with the teacher has their own arcs which is unique. In other words, everyone is a freak in this anime with different personality for each character and has character developments for all of them as Tanaka Mai, the author, has lots of love for the manga.

I would recommend checking it out when it drops!
-----

@Softhenic03

The author, Tanaka Mai was very happy when they drew this, and Haruaki Abe is what I could call a cinnamon roll! Don't worry though! Haruaki Abe will be very cowardly and terrified at the beginning to the point that even little grade school children can make him cry! >w<
-----

@arne0
is this kind of similar to Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei?

I wouldn't say it is similar to Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei but more of the opposite. This anime focuses more on the positivity side of things and is more lighthearted. However, there are some serious, yet comedic arcs so look forward to it!
-----

I truly recommend people to watch when it drops or even read the manga for now as this manga is one of the best (and loved by the author) that I have seen! The character design and developments, the comedic and the plot twists are what drew me to this manga!
@saeforlifee So, could this be described as a more "teacher anime" version of Demi-chan?
Mar 28, 10:33 PM
Jul 2023
Reply to RobertBobert
@saeforlifee So, could this be described as a more "teacher anime" version of Demi-chan?
@RobertBobert Yup yup!

If you are interested in this and wish to know more, you can start on the manga first! The first chapter's art might not be everyone's type of art, but it gets better from chapter 2 onwards!

There is both an official and non-official translation of the manga but both of the translation is cleaned and consistent!

Sorry if I'm sort of ranting/promoting this manga as I really love the story a lot due to the small details shown in every reread. I hope this will help you pique your interest in the manga or your anticipation for the anime! >w<
Mar 28, 10:35 PM

Apr 2012
Reply to saeforlifee
@RobertBobert Yup yup!

If you are interested in this and wish to know more, you can start on the manga first! The first chapter's art might not be everyone's type of art, but it gets better from chapter 2 onwards!

There is both an official and non-official translation of the manga but both of the translation is cleaned and consistent!

Sorry if I'm sort of ranting/promoting this manga as I really love the story a lot due to the small details shown in every reread. I hope this will help you pique your interest in the manga or your anticipation for the anime! >w<
@saeforlifee I don't think, that this is some kind of problem until you use it to promote some resources or third-party stores.
Mar 28, 10:52 PM
Jul 2023
Reply to RobertBobert
@saeforlifee I don't think, that this is some kind of problem until you use it to promote some resources or third-party stores.
@RobertBobert Thank you for confirming! This is my first time commenting on a post on MyAnimeList!
Mar 29, 2:36 AM

Apr 2012
Reply to saeforlifee
@RobertBobert Thank you for confirming! This is my first time commenting on a post on MyAnimeList!
@saeforlifee I can't "confirm" such things. But I think that if you just praise your favorite manga in the article about the announcement of the adaptation without any spam or advertising, then that's fine.

More topics from this board

» '2.5-jigen no Ririsa' Reveals Additional Pair of Cast, Two Consecutive Cours

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

6 by DarkDooM2 »»
25 minutes ago

» 'Yuri!!! on Ice: Ice Adolescence' Anime Movie Cancels Production ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Apr 18

98 by RobertBobert »»
3 hours ago

» 'One Piece' Anime Gets Remake by WIT Studio ( 1 2 )

Hyperion_PS - Dec 17, 2023

81 by ExtremeT »»
8 hours ago

» Manga 'Oniichan wa Oshimai!' Gets TV Anime

Vindstot - Apr 21, 2022

44 by Lenoksu »»
Yesterday, 3:24 PM

» 'Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou' Season 3 Unveils Additional Cast, First Promo

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

3 by ToyaMochizuki »»
Yesterday, 12:20 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.