Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Dec 9, 2023 8:56 AM
Dec 2023
Is this one THAT bad?

Also, incredible how many memes Umineko has.
Dec 9, 2023 9:39 AM

Jun 2021
Now, I haven't read the source (it was either manga or visual novel) but a lot of people want an another adaptation for many anime out there. I wouldn't say it's that bad that requires another adaptation, yet that's just my opinion and based purely by anime. So, I say, go watch it and form your own opinion, that would be the most healthy way.
Remember what Master Oogway told us:

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the present.
Dec 9, 2023 10:55 AM

Apr 2015
The visual novel I've heard is immaculate and the best version of the story but it is quite long and understandably not many people can read that. While this anime does a good job of introducing us to the world of Umineko , Wish it was longer.

The best way to experience Umineko would be
Visual novel > Manga. The manga is splendid and finished as well and I am planning to read it sometime soon.
Dec 9, 2023 2:10 PM
Nov 2017
Visual novel is the best. If for whatever reason you refuse to read a visual novel the manga is a great adaptation but does weaken a few things and cut stuff. I personally recommend to read the visual novel then the manga afterwards if you want more.

For the love of god don’t watch the anime it straight up butchered the source material. Judged on its own I could see people enjoying it in the same way you enjoy a mediocre horror movie but watching it first is not the play as you will ruin good moments of the manga and visual novel by seeing them first in anime form.
Dec 9, 2023 4:44 PM

Jan 2021
Umineko anime is literally one of the worst adaptation out there because of the minimum budget and studio having financial issues.

Original source material is visual novel but if you are not a vn person go read manga its as good as vn, they both have original things to it but its a good adaptation.

Also the writer of Umineko aka:Ryukishi07 currently working on a New Silent Hill project to earn some many for a New Umineko anime adaptation, but god knows when, i would suggest manga for a good adaptation of Umineko.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did i become a boomer or new seasonals animes are not hitting the spot anymore ?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dec 9, 2023 5:54 PM
Sleepy

Feb 2023
Please read the visual novel, it’s a million times better than the anime adaptation. The anime rushes and cuts many things and butchered the first half. The anime doesn’t adapt the rest of the visual novel either, so if you want to experience the full story, please read the visual novel. There’s also a manga which apparently many people like, so you can read that as well.
Jan 9, 3:20 PM

Feb 2021
This anime almost made me miss out on the best piece of fiction I ever consumed, and I'm not even exaggerating.
I HATED this anime, and I see good in everything; even the shittiest harem. But this one wasn't it.

I then picked up the visual SOUND novel (which was my first visual novel ever) and wow. It's one of (if not) the longest visual novel(s) in existence, so incredibly rewarding, and even more difficult to recommend to others. I don't want the adaptation to replace the VN, but I want it to make it more popular.
It pains me that only 1 guy recognized my Battler cosplay in my countless times I went to my local comic con, and only 1 of my friends started reading it (after buying it for her as a present, but even she only played for half an hour and probably only did it to shut me up).

I just hope they don't go the Higurashi Gou/Sotsu route in terms of art. It was way too cutesy and removed all the horror and grittyness of the original Higurashi anime (which was an amazing adaptation imo). Umineko should have a more mature and gothic artstyle.

Why is the anime so bad?

• The art and animation is DEEN
  • It tries to cram 100 hours of a visual novel into 26 episodes
  • It released at the same time as the vn was being developed, so it skipped important clues
  • Thanks to that, it has an anime-original ending and only adapted half of the VN - missing some INCREDIBLE characters and plot

The only good thing about the anime is the opening. But the music in the VN are eargasms anyway.
If you still refuse to read the VN but want to give the manga a shot (altough it's highly, HIGHLY recommended to read the VN): there is a rumor about a website that syncs the music with where you at in the manga. Of course not automatically, but it adds so much and it's a crime to miss out on its godlike OST.
miblanJan 9, 3:31 PM

This is a cartoon site, you clown. Elitism in general is cringe enough already. Let people enjoy stuff.
Reminder to stay hydrated and read Umineko No Naku Koro Ni

More topics from this board

» What is this and why do people say this is a sequel to Higurashi?

Asudox - Nov 26, 2023

12 by miblan »»
Jan 18, 5:07 AM

Poll: » Umineko no Naku Koro ni Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Trineas - Jul 1, 2009

348 by Asudox »»
Dec 10, 2023 1:13 PM

Poll: » Umineko no Naku Koro ni Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Rail_Tracer - Dec 22, 2009

665 by Jonas-K »»
Oct 5, 2023 12:56 PM

Poll: » Umineko no Naku Koro ni Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

francismeunier - Nov 25, 2009

125 by Jonas-K »»
Oct 5, 2023 9:30 AM

Poll: » Umineko no Naku Koro ni Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

LunarEmerald - Oct 7, 2009

237 by Jonas-K »»
Oct 4, 2023 9:09 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.