Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Dec 5, 2023 12:58 PM
Jul 2023
A bit confused seeing the 200 episode show, and the several seasons of it which are much smaller. Which one should I watch?
I heard this show has good comedy but I’m curious what style comedy is used and how it’s aged since it first released. I just wanna know more about this show because it’s rated so high
Dec 5, 2023 1:10 PM
Oct 2020
For watch it you have only to follow the release order
Dec 5, 2023 1:24 PM
Oct 2008
Bolona07 said:
A bit confused seeing the 200 episode show, and the several seasons of it which are much smaller. Which one should I watch?
I heard this show has good comedy but I’m curious what style comedy is used and how it’s aged since it first released. I just wanna know more about this show because it’s rated so high

Start with Gitama itself. First 20-30 eps are mid at best, than ut is 10/10. Humor Vary from characters in it.
Dec 5, 2023 1:27 PM
Sep 2021
Skip first two episodes if you want, they are filler.
Dec 5, 2023 1:30 PM

Jul 2016
I would say just go your own pace. Show is something you can watch on and off and doesn’t need to be binged. It’s pretty funny and the more anime you have seen the funnier the show gets since you will understand more references.
Dec 5, 2023 1:39 PM
Aug 2020
it's a lot of reference humor and parodies. I like it a lot but I'd say to avoid it until you've seen a lot more anime, since you seem to be pretty new. just a few series they reference off the top of my head: Dragon Ball, One Piece, Bleach, Naruto, Ashita no Joe, Assassination Classroom, Jojo, Hunter x Hunter, Doraemon, Monster Hunter (not anime but they reference it a lot), Evangelion, Fist of the North Star, Nausicaa, Castle in the Sky, just to name a few. obviously you don't have to know all of these to like the series but it's definitely an anime made for fans of anime
Dec 5, 2023 1:51 PM
Feb 2022
Bolona07 said:

easy answer watch by the release date and the comdy age is starting from 13 to 21 and there is some jokes that if you are kid you will understand it in way and the teen in another way and adult is the bigger way
Dec 5, 2023 7:39 PM
Dec 2022
ratliker63 said:
it's a lot of reference humor and parodies. I like it a lot but I'd say to avoid it until you've seen a lot more anime, since you seem to be pretty new. just a few series they reference off the top of my head: Dragon Ball, One Piece, Bleach, Naruto, Ashita no Joe, Assassination Classroom, Jojo, Hunter x Hunter, Doraemon, Monster Hunter (not anime but they reference it a lot), Evangelion, Fist of the North Star, Nausicaa, Castle in the Sky, just to name a few. obviously you don't have to know all of these to like the series but it's definitely an anime made for fans of anime

my thoughts exactly
Dec 5, 2023 9:00 PM

Aug 2022
watch rumbell and holysubs from nyaa si
Dec 5, 2023 9:08 PM

Apr 2021
just watch the release order. My advice would be to watch porori hen before shogun assasination arc. Just as a heads up, the show its a comedy, there are a lot of references and parodies, i would advise you to watch other popular shows before so you can understand the jokes better. Also the show starts very episodic, which depending on what you like you may like this or not.
Dec 6, 2023 4:52 AM

Oct 2016
Watch it chronologically, if you like the 200 ep season you'll love the rest. It's peak humor plus you can watch it on and off since the show is more episode based.
Dec 7, 2023 11:15 AM
Jul 2023
ratliker63 said:

Alright
Probably won’t finish watching Naruto but I can try to finish some of the other ones before I watch gintama

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gintama Episode 130 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Randomnamechange - Apr 13, 2009

109 by DigiCat »»
Yesterday, 11:12 AM

Poll: » Gintama Episode 188 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

garfield15 - Dec 17, 2009

167 by Clooooooooooo »»
May 27, 7:44 PM

Poll: » Gintama Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 )

smokes - Oct 30, 2009

68 by Pitto_ »»
May 26, 6:35 PM

Poll: » Gintama Episode 30 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Zerachroma - Jun 23, 2008

82 by Seraschi »»
May 26, 1:54 PM

Poll: » Gintama Episode 29 Discussion ( 1 2 )

TechDragon - Aug 12, 2008

85 by Seraschi »»
May 26, 1:40 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.