Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Nov 26, 2023 8:43 AM

Oct 2021
What exactly is this anime about? I've seen this anime being mentioned alot in the Higurashi forums, some even say somewhat of a not-so sequel.
Should I watch it? I just finishes Higurashi's last season. And btw is Frederica Rika? Is this some sort of a different universe Higurashi??

Edit: Thanks guys, I started with the VN.
AsudoxDec 7, 2023 9:38 AM
yes.
Nov 26, 2023 8:56 AM

Jan 2017
Asudox said:
What exactly is this anime about?

A battle of logic between reality and magic , with a murder mystery setting.
You can read the synopsis , or watch the first few episodes for more details.

I think it's the type of series that you need to watch to understand what it really is about.

Asudox said:
Should I watch it?

The Anime adaptation doesn't have a very good reputation...
Going for the Mangas or the Visual Novel might be a better idea.

Asudox said:
Is tuis some sort of a different universe Higurashi??

Well , "yeah". I don't think there is an official and clear answer ?
It's done by the same creator , and is in the same series.
"Genius lives only one storey above madness."
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

"Stupidity is a talent for misconception."
– Edgar Allan Poe.

"I'm tired... & hungry."
– Alexioos95.
Nov 26, 2023 9:03 AM

Jul 2015
It's not. It takes place in the same universe and there are some references to eachother like that Rika looking witch, but that's it.
Overall, anime is wildely considered as garbage adaptation, while VN is pretty good.
OP is a banger tho.
PiromyslNov 26, 2023 1:46 PM

Nov 26, 2023 9:15 AM

Feb 2016
Umineko anime doesn't cover the whole story, so you won't get a satisfying ending even if you like the rest.
その目だれの目?
Nov 26, 2023 11:14 AM
Apr 2020
Up to you, the VN is way better than the anime, but if you watch the anime and like it then you’d definitely love the VN thats how I got into it at least

Nov 26, 2023 12:57 PM

Apr 2015
The anime was enjoyable but the VN and manga are superior from what I hear.
Still its a good watch imo.
Nov 30, 2023 8:06 AM

Jan 2021
Anybody that says Umineko is sequel to the Higurashi doesn't know anything about both.

They are literally two diffrent story
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did i become a boomer or new seasonals animes are not hitting the spot anymore ?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nov 30, 2023 8:14 AM
Jul 2018
Umineko and Higurashi are related to each other in the same way all those Fate spin-offs are related to each other, so don’t worry about it.
Dec 7, 2023 10:08 AM

Oct 2021
Now that I am about at episode 1 chapter 5 in the VN, I can really see how much they cut from the anime.
My 6 hours in the VN is literally proportional to 11 minutes in the first episode of anime. They cut lots of stuff.
yes.
Jan 9, 3:35 PM

Feb 2021
Reply to DoctorKebab
Anybody that says Umineko is sequel to the Higurashi doesn't know anything about both.

They are literally two diffrent story
@DoctorKebab Eh, debatable. At their core they're wildly different stories that can be consumed separately but I probably don't have to explain to you that they can perfectly exist in the same universe and that it's pretty much proven that its indeed a sequel; with their links only strengthened further in Higurashi Rei, Higurashi Gou/Sotsu,...

This is a cartoon site, you clown. Elitism in general is cringe enough already. Let people enjoy stuff.
Reminder to stay hydrated and read Umineko No Naku Koro Ni
Jan 9, 3:46 PM

Feb 2021
Reply to Asudox
Now that I am about at episode 1 chapter 5 in the VN, I can really see how much they cut from the anime.
My 6 hours in the VN is literally proportional to 11 minutes in the first episode of anime. They cut lots of stuff.
@an_intruder How're you doing so far? I hope you still have the strength to keep reading!
The first 2 "episodes" are really rough reads, especially the first one. They have highest dropoff rates. But persist, it gets better exponentially.
From the middle of episode 2 it starts to get more interesting and the mindfucks begin from episode 3 and onward.
Steep mountain, I know, but you'll climb it very fast at some parts.

This is a cartoon site, you clown. Elitism in general is cringe enough already. Let people enjoy stuff.
Jan 9, 10:01 PM

Oct 2021
miblan said:
@an_intruder How're you doing so far? I hope you still have the strength to keep reading!
The first 2 "episodes" are really rough reads, especially the first one. They have highest dropoff rates. But persist, it gets better exponentially.
From the middle of episode 2 it starts to get more interesting and the mindfucks begin from episode 3 and onward.

yeah well, I am currently at episode 2 and yes, they are like you said. though I try to read it whenever possible.
yes.
Jan 18, 5:07 AM

Feb 2021
Reply to Asudox
miblan said:

yeah well, I am currently at episode 2 and yes, they are like you said. though I try to read it whenever possible.
@Asudox
I have no idea how people can read it in one sitting. I had to take some breaks as well, but I tried to make at least the tiniest bit of progress every so often so I didn't lose motivation; and it really paid off.
I wish you the best! I'd do anything to experience it for the first time again.

More topics from this board

» Googled a bit Umineko... A lot of people want another adaptation.

Uburero - Dec 9, 2023

6 by miblan »»
Jan 9, 3:20 PM

Poll: » Umineko no Naku Koro ni Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Trineas - Jul 1, 2009

348 by Asudox »»
Dec 10, 2023 1:13 PM

Poll: » Umineko no Naku Koro ni Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Rail_Tracer - Dec 22, 2009

665 by Jonas-K »»
Oct 5, 2023 12:56 PM

Poll: » Umineko no Naku Koro ni Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

francismeunier - Nov 25, 2009

125 by Jonas-K »»
Oct 5, 2023 9:30 AM

Poll: » Umineko no Naku Koro ni Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

LunarEmerald - Oct 7, 2009

237 by Jonas-K »»
Oct 4, 2023 9:09 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.