Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Nov 20, 2023 6:19 PM
May 2020
After watching the first season i liked the premise and read the LN i dont remember if i've watched the season 2 when it came out but since it came out only in 2022 i am pretty sure i would have remembered watching it but just now after watching a couple episodes i felt like i was rewatching something i've watched quite a long time ago like way before the 2nd season even came out. is this a curse of reading the light novels?
Nov 20, 2023 8:32 PM

May 2022
Probably because The anime skipped so many things from the LN that you kinda forgot about it if you even watched S2 or not.
π’Ÿπ‘œπ“ƒ'𝓉 𝓁𝑒𝓉 π’Άπ“ƒπ“Žπ‘œπ“ƒπ‘’ 𝒹𝒾𝒸𝓉𝒢𝓉𝑒 π“Žπ‘œπ“Šπ“‡ 𝐿𝒾𝒻𝑒.
Nov 21, 2023 7:55 AM
Nov 2018
I found a lot of times reading the Light Novel first before watching the anime only leads to disappointment. Start thinking to yourself that you wish they added certain parts of the novel in the anime that they didn't. Like for Tearmoon Empire series not as cheerful as the anime. I haven't read the LN to Arifurta but I heard the novels were more depressing than the anime
Nov 21, 2023 9:52 AM
May 2020
Reply to Moppit
I found a lot of times reading the Light Novel first before watching the anime only leads to disappointment. Start thinking to yourself that you wish they added certain parts of the novel in the anime that they didn't. Like for Tearmoon Empire series not as cheerful as the anime. I haven't read the LN to Arifurta but I heard the novels were more depressing than the anime
i think this is the first time i watched an anime that i had read the light novel first i ll go watch a few others to see if its just about reading the LN or if its because this anime scenes feeling repetitive with ecchi garbage and same jokes over and over

anime is like a bunch of grade schoolers going to amusement park also all the ecchi??? come on LN didnt even have the slightest hint of ecchi i have no idea how they thought this would somehow represent the LN which has a serious tone and gets very depressing at times

dont get me wrong i am not hating ecchi just because its ecchi it just doenst fit the tone of the story which is basically a bunch of kids stuck in hell like most of them cry to sleep all the time how did they think throwing lighthearted ecchi in there made sense
Nov 21, 2023 5:14 PM
Oct 2022
Moppit said:

It’s literally the polar opposite. The anime adaptation cuts out like 80% of the dorky comedy bits in favor of a slightly more edgy tone, which actually kinda works. Because as is explained in the After Story, Hajime looks relatively aloof throughout most of the story but he was seriously sweating it and on edge 24/7. And the anime’s current tone matches that more than Shirakome’s own writing at times

(Main thing being the “Bell lineage” manly womenly menwomen whatevers. All those moments are just straight up weird and I’m glad we haven’t seen any of them in the anime)
Nov 21, 2023 5:34 PM
Nov 2018
@asalkur @Franklr_D I'm glad I didn't read the LN then. He was betrayed by his class and then found out the world just as bad. I can't see something like that having a silly tone.
Nov 22, 2023 8:04 AM
Sep 2023
You should always read the LNs right after watching the anime, or you will most likely be disappointed. The source material is always better than the anime itself, usually.
Nov 22, 2023 3:03 PM
Oct 2022
Moppit said:
@asalkur @Franklr_D I'm glad I didn't read the LN then. He was betrayed by his class and then found out the world just as bad. I can't see something like that having a silly tone.

Because it’s like vet humor. They’re all in a dark and shitty situation together, so best you can do is just try to laugh it off
Nov 22, 2023 3:08 PM
Oct 2022
asalkur said:
i think this is the first time i watched an anime that i had read the light novel first i ll go watch a few others to see if its just about reading the LN or if its because this anime scenes feeling repetitive with ecchi garbage and same jokes over and over

anime is like a bunch of grade schoolers going to amusement park also all the ecchi??? come on LN didnt even have the slightest hint of ecchi i have no idea how they thought this would somehow represent the LN which has a serious tone and gets very depressing at times

dont get me wrong i am not hating ecchi just because its ecchi it just doenst fit the tone of the story which is basically a bunch of kids stuck in hell like most of them cry to sleep all the time how did they think throwing lighthearted ecchi in there made sense

How does ecchi not fit the tone when Yue and Shia’s initial shtick is centered around who can make the most sexually implicit passes at Hajime? The whole harem element, and everything related to it, is kept deliberately lighthearted throughout almost the entire story. It’s only in the Ice Caves labyrinth that the tone finally shifts because everyone comes face to face with their darkest parts
Nov 22, 2023 6:01 PM
May 2020
Reply to Franklr_D
asalkur said:

How does ecchi not fit the tone when Yue and Shia’s initial shtick is centered around who can make the most sexually implicit passes at Hajime? The whole harem element, and everything related to it, is kept deliberately lighthearted throughout almost the entire story. It’s only in the Ice Caves labyrinth that the tone finally shifts because everyone comes face to face with their darkest parts
i was talking about the tone of the light novel. mind you i dont remember it all that well but i dont remember any sexual joking or the like as far as i can remember there are a few sex scenes but thats pretty much it as far as sexual content and that certainly cant be considered ecchi and anime decided to add lighthearted ecchi and it feels very much out of place, but then again i might have forgotten more of the LN than i think i have

edit: i should add i only read 8 novels rest wasnt out yet
asalkurNov 22, 2023 6:08 PM
Nov 23, 2023 9:14 AM
Oct 2022
asalkur said:
i was talking about the tone of the light novel. mind you i dont remember it all that well but i dont remember any sexual joking or the like as far as i can remember there are a few sex scenes but thats pretty much it as far as sexual content and that certainly cant be considered ecchi and anime decided to add lighthearted ecchi and it feels very much out of place, but then again i might have forgotten more of the LN than i think i have

edit: i should add i only read 8 novels rest wasnt out yet

You should definitely read the rest of the LN. The last 3/4 volumes show the clear difference in tone, though the lighthearted jokes remain a constant even in the darkest moments. Like in the Demon King’s castle

For a better extra perspective there’s also the Tortus Travel Journal series from the WN which is basically a more concise retelling of key events with part of the Returnee faction and their parents present for reflection

More topics from this board

Poll: » Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2022

84 by MarcosJesus »»
Apr 18, 1:34 PM

Poll: » Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 13, 2022

109 by o_ob6o_o »»
Apr 7, 2:56 PM

Poll: » Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 31, 2022

116 by R2Doucebag »»
Mar 27, 8:15 PM

Poll: » Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 3, 2022

31 by Karva1 »»
Feb 11, 2:45 PM

Poll: » Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou 2nd Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 10, 2022

66 by Karva1 »»
Feb 10, 10:38 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.