Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
Nov 6, 2023 1:13 AM
Aug 2021
What do People love abt the code geass ending that they didnt love of the aot ending
Nov 6, 2023 1:31 AM
May 2016
The conclusions were completely different between the 2 shows.
ktgNov 6, 2023 1:36 AM
Nov 6, 2023 1:34 AM

Jan 2009
its not a code geass ending because eren just rationalize the visions he is following all along and the visions are manipulated by the true mastermind that is ymir

eren said it himself hange and sasha died and he is suppose to give them long life too but he failed and eren claims in the manga that even if his friends did not stop him he will still do the genocide and when armin ask why he simply said i do not know in the manga but in the anime he said im an idiot and implied power corrupted him
Nov 6, 2023 1:50 AM
Apr 2022
The reason is that according to AIT everything everybody did never actually had any effect on the future. We are watching the antithesis of an organic story where characters actually have agency and their choices steer the direction of conflicts and resolutions.
Nov 6, 2023 2:10 AM

Jan 2021
1. I suppose a big part of that would be Lulu being at peace with his death and putting on a brave face even at the very end, while Eren essentially broke character and whined.
2. A lot of explanations were underwhelming.
3. Code Geass gave a bittersweet ending where world peace was achieved (possibly) forever because of Lulu's sacrifice, but Isayama decided to flash forward 20,000 years and show us the carpet bombing of Paradis to prove a point. The only silver lining in this regard was that everybody we knew got to live long lives, but their descendants not so much.
Nov 6, 2023 2:35 AM
Jun 2020
Code Geass got a fairytale ending of there will be no conflicts and war while AoT got a realistic ending of humanity's ability to continuously perpetuate wars.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Nov 6, 2023 3:32 AM
Mar 2021
i literally finished rewatching all of code geass 20 seconds before starting this final episode of aot; the first 30minutes felt like it was just sloppy as in it didn't grab you in, at least that's what I thought, it picked up somewhat around after 30 minutes and I'm glad that they made the infamous chapter better, but I felt that it just wasn't enough; I just felt this whole ending was anti-climactic and only made sense in the sense of everything happening as it should have like Eren saw it in his memories, but that doesn't mean that it was interesting or meaningful for me to watch it; Code Geass managed to establish the mc so well by defining his true self throughout the show right until the end, the ending embodied his meaning in the show as he was the biggest liar and only wanted a gentle world so he accomplished that, but not in the way he wanted to; I felt like the excuse for Eren that he wasn't able to change the future because he already had tried that just makes for a fairly half assed of an excuse if you asked me, the fact that he wasn't actually able to do anything just lowers the value of his character and it's rather just a puzzle piece in the bigger picture; aot ending is rather just the story doing what it needs to in order to find the result while CodeG ending showed what Lelouch was truly capable of and how he solved the situation resting on his shoulders; I wouldn't give Code Geass r2 a rating of a masterpiece tho as it had some moments which could have been made to make more sense storywise

that said, in my opinion Attack On Titan is an amazing series, but its ending pales in comparison to that of Code Geass and actually to the whole aot series itself
Nov 6, 2023 4:04 AM
Dec 2022
DerpySven said:
What do People love abt the code geass ending that they didnt love of the aot ending

Uh the fact that Code Geass thread doesn’t need to compare its ending to any other series in their own thread? But seriously Code Geass is better written overall and the ending just suits the entirety of the series itself while aots ending is a major shift from what the plot was leading to it for past 3-4 seasons and the result isn’t cathartic simply put.
Nov 6, 2023 4:11 AM
Dec 2022
sammymahesh said:
Code Geass got a fairytale ending of there will be no conflicts and war while AoT got a realistic ending of humanity's ability to continuously perpetuate wars.

BS

Code Geass got the most realistic ending possible from all that occurred since the start to finish. Its never stated that there will be no wars or conflict in the future and Code Geass established the message of never ending cycle of war and hatred in humanity sufficiently better than aot ending did. Aot ended in a edgy manner compared to this by unnecessarily moving time to centuries after all to put us back to this un cathartic loop of failure making the entire journey pointless. Both CG and aot established that peace isnt eternal and had the realistic theme about it, but aot is more spoon fed and edgy about the idea while Cg was more subtle and nuanced and shows that you don’t literally need to show that wars happening after centuries later to prove this point but aot failed to grasp that.
Nov 6, 2023 4:14 AM
Nov 2015
If you think this wasn’t a code geass ending you’re goofy and delusional. The whole message is basically the same, the buildup is basically the same, the scene of him talking to armin explaining his plan is the same as lulu talking to suzaku, and the ending where mikasa gives a monologue about how erens plan was so good and then they allude to him still being alive somehow is the damn same lmao
Nov 6, 2023 4:16 AM
Nov 2015
itzswxzy said:
sammymahesh said:

BS

Code Geass got the most realistic ending possible from all that occurred since the start to finish. Its never stated that there will be no wars or conflict in the future and Code Geass established the message of never ending cycle of war and hatred in humanity sufficiently better than aot ending did. Aot ended in a edgy manner compared to this by unnecessarily moving time to centuries after all to put us back to this un cathartic loop of failure making the entire journey pointless. Both CG and aot established that peace isnt eternal and had the realistic theme about it, but aot is more spoon fed and edgy about the idea while Cg was more subtle and nuanced and shows that you don’t literally need to show that wars happening after centuries later to prove this point but aot failed to grasp that.

I’m sorry but Code geass isn’t that good bro. It didn’t age well tbh
Nov 6, 2023 4:23 AM
Dec 2022
IAmVento said:
itzswxzy said:

BS

This doesn’t counter anything I said, whats the point of this? Are you purposely tryna express your feeling to me that you have been holding in or something? You don’t even posses a single reason for anything you said, what does “it didnt age well” mean? Statistically I mean thats wrong, Generally even CG is still much more popular than 90% of new gen animangas the release yearly. It aged better than anything that came out around the same time it did including likes of Death Note which just became memed out in the community tho ofc its deemed good but in truth it isnt seen seriously as CG is to this day. Regardless whether you personally want to believe that Cg isnt good and didnt age well to this date then knock urself out and all power to you, but genuinely didnt make a point here. I mean I think the fact we are comparing an anime released 10 years ago to CG which nearly came out 2 decades ago seemingly shows what aged well and what didnt.
Nov 6, 2023 4:24 AM

Nov 2020
dude you couldve avoided putting the name of Code Geass in the title. I mean it is kind of a spoiler afterall
"The only ones who should kill, are those who are prepared to be killed." ~ Lelouch vi Britannia
Nov 6, 2023 4:36 AM
Jul 2023
aot is more realistic.
code geass is more grand.

both endings were great.
Nov 6, 2023 4:49 AM
Nov 2015
itzswxzy said:
IAmVento said:

This doesn’t counter anything I said, whats the point of this? Are you purposely tryna express your feeling to me that you have been holding in or something? You don’t even posses a single reason for anything you said, what does “it didnt age well” mean? Statistically I mean thats wrong, Generally even CG is still much more popular than 90% of new gen animangas the release yearly. It aged better than anything that came out around the same time it did including likes of Death Note which just became memed out in the community tho ofc its deemed good but in truth it isnt seen seriously as CG is to this day. Regardless whether you personally want to believe that Cg isnt good and didnt age well to this date then knock urself out and all power to you, but genuinely didnt make a point here. I mean I think the fact we are comparing an anime released 10 years ago to CG which nearly came out 2 decades ago seemingly shows what aged well and what didnt.

Hey dude, chill out. Code geass has WAY too much fan service. There are several really stupid plot holes and plot contrivances such as them just letting lelouch go back to school after they find out he’s Zero. It’s a good show don’t get me wrong, but you’re really giving it way too much fellatio
Nov 6, 2023 7:59 AM
Aug 2020
well well AoT got the similar ending as code geas but AoT ending is more realistic than code geass
Nov 6, 2023 9:08 AM
Dec 2022
OrewaBakemono said:
well well AoT got the similar ending as code geas but AoT ending is more realistic than code geass

Cg ending is more realistic than aot
Nov 6, 2023 9:21 AM
Dec 2022
IAmVento said:
itzswxzy said:

Hey dude, chill out. Code geass has WAY too much fan service. There are several really stupid plot holes and plot contrivances such as them just letting lelouch go back to school after they find out he’s Zero. It’s a good show don’t get me wrong, but you’re really giving it way too much fellatio

Code Geass doesnt have a lot of fan service unlike aot did. Code Geass has no plot holes or plot contrivance, Lelouch going back to school is not a contrivance or a plot hole what are you yapping about and the only people who knew he was zero was Charles, Suzaku, and special secret organization? while aot has several stupid plot holes and contrivances such as ackerman being affected by founding titans power, aot is a good show dont get me wrong but its not comparable to perfect writing in CG.
Nov 6, 2023 11:28 AM
Nov 2015
itzswxzy said:
IAmVento said:

Code Geass doesnt have a lot of fan service unlike aot did. Code Geass has no plot holes or plot contrivance, Lelouch going back to school is not a contrivance or a plot hole what are you yapping about and the only people who knew he was zero was Charles, Suzaku, and special secret organization? while aot has several stupid plot holes and contrivances such as ackerman being affected by founding titans power, aot is a good show dont get me wrong but its not comparable to perfect writing in CG.

You’ve gotta stop crying buddy. You look like an idiot
Nov 6, 2023 11:57 AM
Apr 2022
sammymahesh said:

I think the only reason people fight is over space and resources. War and hatred is not an inevitability. Isayama is small minded.
Nov 6, 2023 1:59 PM
Dec 2022
IAmVento said:
itzswxzy said:

You’re got to stop bitching lil man. You look pathetic
Nov 6, 2023 2:37 PM
Nov 2015
itzswxzy said:
IAmVento said:

Lmaoo you’re literally an adhd kid whose hyper fixation is code geass. Stop riding a mediocre shows dick
Nov 6, 2023 3:00 PM

Mar 2017
Lelouch vi Britannia commands you: "make peace and kiss!!"

Nov 6, 2023 4:33 PM
Nov 2015
Reply to thunderkitten13
sammymahesh said:

I think the only reason people fight is over space and resources. War and hatred is not an inevitability. Isayama is small minded.
@thunderkitten13 Yeah Isayama is small minded and defeatist. (Solution to make peace is via genocide? Yikes) A loser basically like his main character.
Nov 6, 2023 10:48 PM
Apr 2022
raffyzita said:
@thunderkitten13 Yeah Isayama is small minded and defeatist. (Solution to make peace is via genocide? Yikes) A loser basically like his main character.

Genocide is such an immature and childish resolution. It’s also extremely primitive and inhuman, which is really odd and bewildering why Isayama would place that as a central theme in one of the most popular franchises of all time. It’s almost as if he is co-signing it’s practicality.
Nov 7, 2023 4:08 AM
Dec 2022
IAmVento said:
itzswxzy said:

Lmaoo you’re literally an adhd kid whose hyper fixation is code geass. Stop riding a mediocre shows dick

You’re literally posses by a medieval devil little man and you physically can’t perceive anything graceful as CG. Stop riding a series you havent seen and seek god
Nov 7, 2023 8:54 AM
Nov 2015
itzswxzy said:
IAmVento said:

You’re literally posses by a medieval devil little man and you physically can’t perceive anything graceful as CG. Stop riding a series you havent seen and seek god

You’ve entered the realm of delusion
Nov 7, 2023 11:49 AM
Dec 2022
IAmVento said:
itzswxzy said:

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season - Kanketsu-hen Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Nov 4, 2023

1460 by PhattCluck »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season - Kanketsu-hen Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Koito91 - Mar 3, 2023

1050 by wibugar »»
Yesterday, 2:49 PM

» Why is this so ugly??? ( 1 2 )

kizumi91 - Nov 5, 2023

59 by Akuya »»
Apr 25, 7:19 AM

» What would the characters favorite anime be?

TASM18 - Apr 5

25 by kush_void »»
Apr 7, 6:13 PM

» about episodic version of final chapters

taru_otaku - Nov 19, 2023

8 by Adrena »»
Apr 5, 7:04 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.