Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
Nov 5, 2023 4:02 AM

Oct 2015
I just finished watching Attack on Titan and the ending was absolutely amazing. I genuinely think it is better than the Code Geass Ending (Code Geass is my favourite anime btw). The Eren and Armin scene genuinely brought me to tears and as seeing Eren cry made me sad bro. And I love the message AoT send to the viewers, how humans are always evil and the cycle of hatred will continue with new conflicts, its just like real life!
Thank you Isayama-sensei for this great ending 10/10..
What do you guys think?
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Nov 5, 2023 4:09 AM
Mar 2021
you have a respectable opinion but I can see some 13 year old manga readers ready to attack you for saying the ending is good
Nov 5, 2023 4:12 AM

Aug 2020
Hell no. CG has its own problems with the last 1/4 but Aot's ending is nowhere near it.
Nov 5, 2023 4:13 AM

Oct 2023
Eren being a cuck brought me to tears as well. The fall of a man, really sad.
Nov 5, 2023 4:16 AM
May 2022
Lernaean said:
I just finished watching Attack on Titan and the ending was absolutely amazing. I genuinely think it is better than the Code Geass Ending (Code Geass is my favourite anime btw). The Eren and Armin scene genuinely brought me to tears and as seeing Eren cry made me sad bro. And I love the message AoT send to the viewers, how humans are always evil and the cycle of hatred will continue with new conflicts, its just like real life!
What do you guys think?

i agree with the message part. people say the anime is garbage because isayama promotes garbage message. just because the anime has a bad value doesnt mean its a trash anime
Nov 5, 2023 4:20 AM
Jun 2023
goaTMaru said:
Eren being a cuck brought me to tears as well. The fall of a man, really sad.

how is eren a cuck? pls learn what that word means before using it LMAO
Nov 5, 2023 4:21 AM
Dec 2020
No. The ending has some problems. Though I still liked it.

And Code Geass is basically known for it's ending so it's hard to top that.

But I will say that there is one thing this ending did better in my opinion.

And it's to make it clear how wrong Eren's choice was.

The Uniting people against a common enemy is no justification for atrocities.

I think Code Geass ending doesn't make it that clear.
It kind of implies that Lelouch was right to do what he did because he united everyone.

Which is a bit of a iffy message to give in my opinion.
Nov 5, 2023 4:22 AM
Dec 2020
Khushal_v said:
you have a respectable opinion but I can see some 13 year old manga readers ready to attack you for saying the ending is good

to each their opinions but yea people simply bash the ending because the author didn't make the genocidal man live
Nov 5, 2023 4:23 AM
Dec 2020
Fuhrer_Wrath said:

It kind of implies that Lelouch was right to do what he did because he united everyone.

so true! code geass actually united everyone!
Nov 5, 2023 4:35 AM
Dec 2022
Lernaean said:
What do you guys think?

Definitely not better than Code Geass ending in anyway, as the aot ending has too many crucial plot based problems unlike CG. To say the message you described is “just like in real life” is bit untruthful. Glad you loved it tho.
Nov 5, 2023 4:35 AM
Dec 2022
TRC_Randy said:
Hell no. CG has its own problems with the last 1/4 but Aot's ending is nowhere near it.

What problems does CG have?
Nov 5, 2023 4:41 AM

Apr 2012
Can they be compared? They have different goals, narratives and even genres. Lelouch wanted to create a better world for his loved ones at any cost, while Eren wanted to be the one who would finally resolve the rotten conflict.
Nov 5, 2023 4:43 AM
Dec 2022
Fuhrer_Wrath said:

I disagree with the point that you think aot did something better.

Aot didn’t make it as clear that what eren did was wrong as much as code geass did with Lelouch’s choices. Prime proof for this is that over 80% of aot fans say eren did nothing wrong. Absolutely asinine, on top of that CG never once argues uniting people against a common enemy justifies any action. It in fact proves the contrary showing much wrong and evil was done by Lelouch to the point that he is globally deemed evil and that it becomes almost universally omnipresent in the world of CG. Even Lelouch says what he is doing and will go on to do in result spills more blood than a national genocide could ever do. If that doesn’t make it clear to you how much Cg and Lelouch are establishing what he is doing is wrong then idk what to say other than question what do you think is wrong considering that genocide is seriously one of the worst acts in all existence. So to say CG ending doesnt make it clear how wrong Lelouch’s doing morally compared to aot just writing off eren as a tragic love desperate and in his own words “idiot” and thats why he desired all this chaos then idk. No where in CG is it ever implying that what Lelouch did was right to do what he did, and if you got that message then your interpretation is twisted plan and simple much like aot fans who argue eren wasnt wrong. Plus that isnt even the message of Cg.
Nov 5, 2023 4:43 AM
Jun 2023
i think AOT and code geses mc did the same thing,the difference is AOT mc suffered so much compared to code geses mc. and AOT is a apocalypse world so, it felt different and in AOT fmc killed mc , that felt kind of sad. i was thinking she should have rejected more in terms of killing mc. and in AOT everyone tries to kill mc to save the world but in code geses, mc makes that dicision himself. they both wanted to die for their loved ones and they had same resolve like" they will bring fear in this world , become enemy of everyone and die by giving them freedom and stopping wars ".
Nov 5, 2023 4:44 AM
Dec 2022
RobertBobert said:
Can they be compared? They have different goals, narratives and even genres. Lelouch wanted to create a better world for his loved ones at any cost, while Eren wanted to be the one who would finally resolve the rotten conflict.

Except eren argues he wanted to wipe out humanity and when asked why he says idk
Nov 5, 2023 4:45 AM
Apr 2023
Did anyone stayed till the end of the credits?
U can see a glimpse of Mikasa, she was also buried next to Eren under the tree with her scarf.
Nov 5, 2023 4:45 AM

Jan 2021
I agree, but to be fair, I never liked Code Geass. I had a lot of problems with Attack on Titan, most notably in S4 Part 2, but the ending's theme of 'history repeating itself' is pretty dope.
I suppose you could dislike it for the same reason because it tantamounts to the whole story being for nothing, but it embodies the cyclical nature of life itself, and that's quite objective.
Also, Linked Horizon coming back and singing about history repeating itself as a futuristic Paradis gets nuked was so poetic.
Nov 5, 2023 4:46 AM

Apr 2012
Reply to itzswxzy
RobertBobert said:

Except eren argues he wanted to wipe out humanity and when asked why he says idk
@itzswxzy These stories may have a common "someone has to do the dirty work" vibe, but overall Lelouch and Eren become and experience their downfall as anti-heroes for their own reasons.
Nov 5, 2023 4:47 AM
Community Mod
Undead

Mar 2022
Thread locked for being a random X vs Y thread.

Anime Discussion Rules 2: Please refrain from creating threads that do not encourage discussion; e.g. random "xx vs. yy", picture collecting, etc.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season - Kanketsu-hen Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Koito91 - Mar 3, 2023

1050 by wibugar »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season - Kanketsu-hen Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Nov 4, 2023

1459 by MrNobodyFN123 »»
May 1, 11:35 AM

» Why is this so ugly??? ( 1 2 )

kizumi91 - Nov 5, 2023

59 by Akuya »»
Apr 25, 7:19 AM

» What would the characters favorite anime be?

TASM18 - Apr 5

25 by kush_void »»
Apr 7, 6:13 PM

» about episodic version of final chapters

taru_otaku - Nov 19, 2023

8 by Adrena »»
Apr 5, 7:04 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.