Forum Settings
Forums
New
Nov 4, 2023 2:17 AM

Dec 2013
I went to chripractor today for spinal adjustment for my chronic pain at sacrococcygeal joint and hamstring. Got an xray again for my spine. Here is me with Xray gown:

So tired with this treatments process.
Also have a future appointment next February for stem cell.

Not sure when this will end.
Its killing me slowly.

Nov 4, 2023 2:43 AM
Dec 2022
I woke up for water and I am greeted by this.

Hope you do well in terms of physical health.
Nov 4, 2023 3:17 AM

Mar 2008
Interestingly enough I had a video on YouTube pop up talking about how chiropracty doesnt really work very well even for things youd think it would. Have you ever gone through rehabilitation therapy? I dont recall. It is more gentle than chiropracty which is way too rough for the kind of pain you're usually in but has a similar goal.

I already told you about cryoablation therapy but that is more a last resort as alternative to surgery and fairly minimal from what i read. Im not sure stem cell would solve your issue but maybe it could.
traedNov 4, 2023 3:20 AM
Nov 4, 2023 4:15 AM

Dec 2013
Reply to traed
Interestingly enough I had a video on YouTube pop up talking about how chiropracty doesnt really work very well even for things youd think it would. Have you ever gone through rehabilitation therapy? I dont recall. It is more gentle than chiropracty which is way too rough for the kind of pain you're usually in but has a similar goal.

I already told you about cryoablation therapy but that is more a last resort as alternative to surgery and fairly minimal from what i read. Im not sure stem cell would solve your issue but maybe it could.
@MalchikRepaid thank you for the wish

@traed yes, multiple times for years, after PRP+prolo injection (which add new area of pain around upper thigh and butt) on January, I went through PT and physiotherapy (ultrasound, laser treatments, TENS, massage), for my sacrococcygeal joint and hamstring, all not working.

A friend of my mom has similar pain (difficult to sit, although the cause of the pain may be different), got cured by the same chiropractor I went today. Thats why I tried today. It will be multiple sessions.

Nerve ablations (RFA, cyro, or with chemical) are temporary. For RFA and chemical, it may provide temporary relief up to 6 months, but since the nerve regrow and there is scar due to burning or venom, the pain return at higher level. Even with cold cyro, as long as the cause of the pain is not treated, only damaging the nerve will not resolve the problem, it is just temporary pain management.

Regenerative meds are experimental, yes, also there are risks such as what I experiencing now (new pain at upper thigh), but the premise is that if successfull, it should treat the cause of the pain such as if there is ligament tears, it could slowly heal it.

Surgery the risk is very high, amputation of coccyx, pain may persist plus new pain or infection may develop, said the doctor I visited 2 weeks ago. He said this chronic pain is persistence, and difficult to treat, thus the only way he could do is RFA, for temporary pain management.

I am so confused about which treatments I should take. All I feel now is I am so terrified and traumatic for doctors etc since all they do so far is making everything worse.

Nov 4, 2023 4:23 AM

Oct 2013
I wish one day i could post my pic on internet confidently like u
Nov 4, 2023 5:26 AM

Mar 2008
Reply to philtecturophy
@MalchikRepaid thank you for the wish

@traed yes, multiple times for years, after PRP+prolo injection (which add new area of pain around upper thigh and butt) on January, I went through PT and physiotherapy (ultrasound, laser treatments, TENS, massage), for my sacrococcygeal joint and hamstring, all not working.

A friend of my mom has similar pain (difficult to sit, although the cause of the pain may be different), got cured by the same chiropractor I went today. Thats why I tried today. It will be multiple sessions.

Nerve ablations (RFA, cyro, or with chemical) are temporary. For RFA and chemical, it may provide temporary relief up to 6 months, but since the nerve regrow and there is scar due to burning or venom, the pain return at higher level. Even with cold cyro, as long as the cause of the pain is not treated, only damaging the nerve will not resolve the problem, it is just temporary pain management.

Regenerative meds are experimental, yes, also there are risks such as what I experiencing now (new pain at upper thigh), but the premise is that if successfull, it should treat the cause of the pain such as if there is ligament tears, it could slowly heal it.

Surgery the risk is very high, amputation of coccyx, pain may persist plus new pain or infection may develop, said the doctor I visited 2 weeks ago. He said this chronic pain is persistence, and difficult to treat, thus the only way he could do is RFA, for temporary pain management.

I am so confused about which treatments I should take. All I feel now is I am so terrified and traumatic for doctors etc since all they do so far is making everything worse.
@philtecturophy
I would question the TENS at any level too high it fires off muscles and that causes them to develop unevenly which can cause pain. PRP doesnt last long for more chronic conditions it is better to heal a problem similar to how corticosteroids are used.

Oh I see.

Yes nerves can regrow unless you are taking a medication to reduce effect of nerve growth factor which i think can have side effects.

I would think an MRI or an electromygraphy would be more useful for getting more detailed information. Xray only is for bones and somewhat joints.
Nov 4, 2023 4:10 PM

Dec 2013
Reply to traed
@philtecturophy
I would question the TENS at any level too high it fires off muscles and that causes them to develop unevenly which can cause pain. PRP doesnt last long for more chronic conditions it is better to heal a problem similar to how corticosteroids are used.

Oh I see.

Yes nerves can regrow unless you are taking a medication to reduce effect of nerve growth factor which i think can have side effects.

I would think an MRI or an electromygraphy would be more useful for getting more detailed information. Xray only is for bones and somewhat joints.
@traed my MRI only shows slightly more bent coccyx, but no fracture.
The proper tool to diagnose coccydenia is dynamic sitting vs standing xray which can detect hypermobility, which is about 75% coccydenia sufferers have to endure.
My symptom is pain increased even more during transition from sitting to standing, which match that of hypermobility.
Unfortunately the machine is very rare, and most doctors do not know the machine even exist, let alone analyze the result from the procedure.

Nov 4, 2023 4:16 PM

Mar 2008
Reply to philtecturophy
@traed my MRI only shows slightly more bent coccyx, but no fracture.
The proper tool to diagnose coccydenia is dynamic sitting vs standing xray which can detect hypermobility, which is about 75% coccydenia sufferers have to endure.
My symptom is pain increased even more during transition from sitting to standing, which match that of hypermobility.
Unfortunately the machine is very rare, and most doctors do not know the machine even exist, let alone analyze the result from the procedure.
@philtecturophy
If it were hypermobility then youd need to strengthen muscles surrounding the joints to help keep them in place
Nov 4, 2023 4:21 PM

Dec 2013
Reply to traed
@philtecturophy
If it were hypermobility then youd need to strengthen muscles surrounding the joints to help keep them in place
@traed I tried routine yoga, pilates, swimming every day (no missing), all not workin. Hypermobility may indicate there is tear on the ligaments. But I don't understand why my body does not want to heal it over time and become chronic for 7 years until now, as if the body's healing mechanism is dead. Ligaments may take long time to heals, but months should heal itself, not years. Thats why I'm thinking regenerative meds. But the last prp+prolo not quite working but adds more area of pain at hamstring

Nov 4, 2023 4:42 PM
Jul 2018
Sounds more than awful, I'm sorry you're dealing with all of this. Hopefully someone can find a positive diagnosis and get you on the right treatment plan soon!
Nov 4, 2023 4:57 PM

Mar 2008
Reply to philtecturophy
@traed I tried routine yoga, pilates, swimming every day (no missing), all not workin. Hypermobility may indicate there is tear on the ligaments. But I don't understand why my body does not want to heal it over time and become chronic for 7 years until now, as if the body's healing mechanism is dead. Ligaments may take long time to heals, but months should heal itself, not years. Thats why I'm thinking regenerative meds. But the last prp+prolo not quite working but adds more area of pain at hamstring
@philtecturophy
An MRI should have shown if there was damage to the ligaments.
Nov 5, 2023 4:25 AM

Dec 2013
Reply to removed-user
Sounds more than awful, I'm sorry you're dealing with all of this. Hopefully someone can find a positive diagnosis and get you on the right treatment plan soon!
@_N-o-b-o-d-y_ I really hope so. I just want to be healthy physically, can sit without pain, don't have to endure pain every second, that's all my simple wish, no more no less

More topics from this board

Poll: » Do you care about your native culture?

Kamikaze_404 - Apr 9

49 by MalchikRepaid »»
7 minutes ago

» which country would you NOT want to visit? ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Mar 27

73 by MalchikRepaid »»
22 minutes ago

» Is English your native language? ( 1 2 )

DesuMaiden - Apr 16

79 by dreamingneon »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » Are you mentally ill? ( 1 2 )

Ejrodiew - Apr 24

55 by dreamingneon »»
1 hour ago

» Do you think there should be an age limit on friendship?

Thy-Veseveia - Feb 28

48 by TheMechaManiac »»
1 hour ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.