Forum Settings
Forums

Second Season of 'Ao no Orchestra' Announced

New
Oct 8, 2023 9:26 AM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013

The 24th and final episode of the Ao no Orchestra (Blue Orchestra) television anime ended with announcement on Sunday that a second season is in production.

The anime series produced by Nippon Animation debuted on NHK-E on April 9. Aniplus Asia simulcast the anime in Southeast Asia.

Ao no Orchestra adapts Makoto Akui's musical drama manga, which she launched on the MangaONE application in April 2017 and in Ura Sunday magazine the following month. Shogakukan released the 11th volume on March 31. Ao no Orchestra has a cumulative 4 million copies of its volumes in circulation.

Synopsis
Once a prize-winning violin prodigy, Hajime gave up on music after his father, professional violinist Ryuuji Aono, was involved in a scandal that led the media to harass his family. Now living alone with his mother and entering his final year of middle school, Hajime struggles to find a new career path. However, the sound of his classmate Ritsuko Akine playing the violin inspires Hajime to dream of a musical career once more.

With the help of Ritsuko, Hajime prepares to take the entrance exam for the prestigious Umimaku High School. But if he wishes to join Umimaku's orchestra, Hajime must overcome his past trauma and open himself up to new musical horizons. [Written by MAL Rewrite]

Source: Comic Natalie

Ao no Orchestra 2nd Season on MAL

Oct 8, 2023 10:52 AM

Apr 2012
Was it so popular that it got a second season even after two seasons of the first?
Oct 8, 2023 4:15 PM
Dec 2020
Reply to RobertBobert
Was it so popular that it got a second season even after two seasons of the first?
@RobertBobert It was commissioned by the NHK, it doesn't matter how popular it is.
They tend to comm multiple seasons anyways.
Oct 8, 2023 4:46 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Reply to RobertBobert
@RobertBobert Not really, these days NHK just seems to like to adapt fully the source when they can. There are exceptions of course but more often than not, they seem to try to give the go to adapt everything.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Oct 8, 2023 4:54 PM

Apr 2012
Reply to DatRandomDude
@RobertBobert Not really, these days NHK just seems to like to adapt fully the source when they can. There are exceptions of course but more often than not, they seem to try to give the go to adapt everything.
@DatRandomDude Do you think the producers were going to give this a chance beforehand?
Oct 9, 2023 3:28 AM

Feb 2021
Reply to RobertBobert
@RobertBobert, maybe, I watched 3 episodes, then dropped. I like music series, but this one became dull and repetitive for me, also these monotonous dialogues and reflections in characters.
Oct 9, 2023 7:46 AM
Oct 2023
Oh yesssss i want !! ^^
Oct 9, 2023 10:30 AM

Aug 2023
Reply to RobertBobert
@RobertBobert I feel like it wasn't, I watched the whole thing but it got repetitive quickly.
Oct 11, 2023 2:20 AM

Oct 2017
If it's another 24 episode season (I hope it is) then probably gonna take a while.
Oct 11, 2023 4:39 PM

Aug 2010
I wonder if there is any chance of this being dubbed one day...
Bum Bum Dum Dum

Oct 12, 2023 7:42 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Reply to malvarez1
I wonder if there is any chance of this being dubbed one day...
@malvarez1 It needs to be picked up by someone to begin with. For some reason, no one wanted to touch it with a ten-foot pole. A rare case for a full TV series in 0 streaming services in North America these days. (France and South Korea seems to be the only places it streamed legally)
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Oct 14, 2023 12:46 PM

Feb 2011
I liked this anime!! I'm going to wait for the new season!! :)
Apr 29, 10:06 AM
Apr 2022
The first season scored 7.16 as of this typing.

Very much SOL compared to character driven and much more popular Hibike EUphonium.

With Hibike's 3rd season airing at episode 4 as of this typing, people already complaining about the pace being fast, they should hop over to watch this show.

More topics from this board

» Manga 'Hanazakari no Kimitachi e' Gets Anime

DatRandomDude - May 14

31 by jumbosan »»
32 minutes ago

» Smartphone Game 'Garena Free Fire' Gets Anime Project

Hyperion_PS - May 12

42 by Azka_jp »»
4 hours ago

» 'Zatsu Tabi: That's Journey' Reveals Main Cast, Staff, Teaser Promo for 2025

Hyperion_PS - 5 hours ago

0 by Hyperion_PS »»
5 hours ago

» 'Megami no Café Terrace Season 2' Reveals Additional Cast, First Promo

Hyperion_PS - May 14

15 by Ricky16 »»
6 hours ago

» Winners of the 48th Kodansha Manga Awards

Snow - Yesterday

8 by Rinrinka »»
8 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.