Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Sep 9, 2023 8:00 PM
Apr 2022
EPISODE 11 SPOILERS WILL BE DISCUSSED HERE

So in season 1 at the end of the flashback explaining what happened to Byakuya and the other astronauts, Senku mentions off hand that he and Byakuya "Aren't related by blood". Later near the end of episode 11

But I think we can all agree that Senku and Byakuya are SO SIMILAR to the point that even Gen comments about this at the end of episode 11. So what is the true nature of their relationship???? I have a theory that may explain:
Byakuya's best friend was a woman around his age, and one night they ended up sleeping together (I once read that in Japan casual sex isn't very taboo in society but this needs fact checking). A few months pass and Byakuya's friend tells him that she is pregnant, but doesn't tell him that he's the father. Byakuya doesn't realize it either (Mans gives off strong "I'm incredibly smart but also a Certified Dumbass" vibes) but wants to remain close to his friend and be a part of the child's life. A couple months after Senku is born the woman passes away, and Byakuya takes the Senku in, raising him as his son but never knowing that he was his biological father as well.
I have another theory but if I wrote it here it would be a major spoiler for future things and I honestly don't even like it as much as this one.
Sep 9, 2023 10:55 PM
Jul 2020
doesnt matter anyways so this is a pointless discussion
Sep 10, 2023 12:58 AM

Jun 2023
Mate this isn't a theory by any means it's a fanfiction🗿

"To the boy who once sought freedom, goodbye." 🕊️
Sep 10, 2023 1:08 AM

Jan 2019
I don't think the mangaka gave it that much thought, the father/son dynamic is meaningful regardless of whether they're actually related or not.

The reason it's stated they're not related by blood is simply because of the incest implications it would have between Senku and Byakuya's descendants.

Sep 10, 2023 3:22 AM
Jul 2023
ForeverTraitor said:
I don't think the mangaka gave it that much thought, the father/son dynamic is meaningful regardless of whether they're actually related or not.

The reason it's stated they're not related by blood is simply because of the incest implications it would have between Senku and Byakuya's descendants.

I mean there's more than plenty of generational separation there anyway and either way the descendants themselves are kinda incestuous if you think about it
Sep 10, 2023 10:24 AM
Nov 2022
A child who is raised by a person who inspires them and whom they aspire to be like, is likely to behave in a similar way as that person, even if they do not share any genetic relation. This is answer to that question. It is not like you have to be biologically related to someone to have similar phycological pattern as them.
Sep 10, 2023 10:30 AM
Apr 2022
Reply to TokenTigerMD
A child who is raised by a person who inspires them and whom they aspire to be like, is likely to behave in a similar way as that person, even if they do not share any genetic relation. This is answer to that question. It is not like you have to be biologically related to someone to have similar phycological pattern as them.
@TokenTigerMD I agree with this completely. I also think that Senku and Byakuya look very similar as well
Sep 10, 2023 10:50 AM
Jul 2023
Byakyuya and Senku look way too similar to not be related by blood.
Sep 10, 2023 11:39 AM
Sep 2021
Kitsune_Corr said:

people who lead similar lifestyles wind up looking similar, many couples start to look like each other after a few years
Sep 10, 2023 11:42 AM
Jul 2023
Smashmazing951 said:
Kitsune_Corr said:

people who lead similar lifestyles wind up looking similar, many couples start to look like each other after a few years

bro their eyes are almost the exact same, they have similar features that don't change by choice
Sep 11, 2023 3:26 PM
May 2022
Senku's blood type is AB and Byakuya's 0. So that means, they cannot be related by blood.
It was said in 19 volume btw
Sep 11, 2023 4:04 PM
Apr 2022
I have also been made aware that in the official Dr.Stone encyclopedia it states that Senku was 2 years old when his parents passed away so yeah my theory is probably fan fiction ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. I’m okay with that
Also if anyone knows how to get this encyclopedia in English (as far as I can tell it’s only available in Japanese) please post a link because I very much want a copy

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dr. Stone: New World Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 15, 2023

188 by profesor_0 »»
Yesterday, 6:08 AM

Poll: » Dr. Stone: New World Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 8, 2023

95 by Kotoseru »»
Aug 9, 9:16 AM

Poll: » Dr. Stone: New World Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 25, 2023

98 by BlueSnow93 »»
Jul 19, 6:49 AM

Poll: » Dr. Stone: New World Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 20, 2023

194 by bikerswan »»
Jul 3, 8:28 PM

Poll: » Dr. Stone: New World Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 13, 2023

150 by santiagoasa »»
Jun 9, 8:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.