Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (20) « First ... « 18 19 [20]
Dec 16, 2023 8:06 AM
Jun 2020
Absolute trash. Oda killed One Piece...Such a letdown..
Dec 17, 2023 10:51 PM

Feb 2018
Is this a horrible joke? Please let this be an april fools gone horribly wrong. Decades of watching this show, seeing it grow more epic each year. And Luffy's transforms into The Mask?
Dec 21, 2023 6:51 AM

Aug 2018
OMG, this is the greatest thing in Anime I ever have seen!

Simply Amazing!! Love it.
Dec 21, 2023 6:37 PM
Oct 2017
The best silliest overpower character you'll have enjoy watching, AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH.
Dec 22, 2023 3:01 AM

Apr 2013
Okay, that was definitely one of the most interesting One Piece episodes recently and I really wanna put my thoughts on the whole thing here.

First of all the elephant (pun intended) in the room: Gear 5. I think the Awakening ability is really cool, it works just like Doffy's and turns everything around in the element of the fruit. The relation to Joyboy is still not quite clear, for now it seems like Joyboy might've been multiple people in the past who all owned the Gum-Gum fruit and one point, that would be an interesting twist. The cartoonish fighting style though is something I don't really enjoy, looks very childish. One thing I absolutely hate is, that Luffy has this special fruit now. Before he had a rather normal or even useless fruit, which he turned into a powerful one. Now he has that legendary fruit and it diminishes his efforts he put into it in over 1000 episodes before. He already had the will of D and conqueror's haki, no reason to make him even more special...

They upped the animation for this episode as expected, but the art was beyond ugly. They used that weird fluid animation style which sacrifices all pretty art for good animation. And while it fits the new fighting style of Luffy, I think it's just not nice to look at.

Also One Piece has an ending again after I don't know how many years. Wonder why, I thought it was kind of special for it not to have an ending.
GatorDec 22, 2023 3:27 AM
Jan 1, 12:50 PM
Aug 2022
no matter what others may say about the animation, I think they did great job. I came from reading the mangas and stupid anime only fans have no idea, gear 5 is portrayed cartoonish in manga as well. that's how it it supposed to be, just glad animators chose unique style for gear 5 loved it.
Jan 14, 1:09 PM
Mar 2022
Monkey "AHHAHAHAHAHAH" D. Luffy
Jan 27, 5:32 AM
Aug 2020
absolute peak fiction no other episode in any other piece of media like this one
Jan 27, 3:59 PM
Oct 2021
SO EPIC :D

Gear 5 is finally here! Luffy looks amazing! Glad to have finally caught up T_T
hi
Feb 1, 3:14 PM
Aug 2019
Goated anime believe it broo
Feb 11, 5:56 AM

May 2015
My favourite thing about this episode was seeing the anime going back to normal length openings and getting endings back.
Feb 21, 7:15 PM
Aug 2018
ABSURDOOO DE BOMMMM
Feb 25, 11:28 PM
Aug 2019
Gear 5 is a best gear 🥶🥶
Feb 25, 11:29 PM
Aug 2019
Gear 5 is a best gear 🥶🥶
Feb 26, 8:37 AM
Feb 2021
Reply to LarryHangman
good white man win
@LarryHangman pluh
Mar 20, 11:01 PM
Dec 2022
Made me smile throughout the whole episode.
Apr 11, 10:14 AM

Jan 2019
Reply to Dashiva761
Is this a horrible joke? Please let this be an april fools gone horribly wrong. Decades of watching this show, seeing it grow more epic each year. And Luffy's transforms into The Mask?
@Dashiva761

Haha, I was wondering what it reminded me of.

The Mask.

This transformation was so underwhelming after all of the hype from Manga fans. It didn't help that they kept resusing same animations and scenes after his transformation to (as always) create filler.

If this anime wasn't addicted to filler content, it would be less annoying in moments like these.

Anyway, at this point, I just want to fucking fight with Kaido to be over. Ridiculous how long they are stretching it. The stupid 5th Gear just made it worse, as if Luffy wasn't annoying enough already in some areas before.
Apr 14, 9:26 PM
Mar 2020
I just watched a cartoon, and I loved it
Pages (20) « First ... « 18 19 [20]

More topics from this board

» Egghead's pacing has been spectacular!

GoatPieceLuffy - 4 hours ago

5 by camisblessed »»
11 minutes ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Joe1991 - Sep 19, 2008

112 by TheStarscream759 »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 992 Discussion ( 1 2 )

FMmatron - Sep 18, 2021

83 by Yubisoft »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Would you some day completely rewatch OP?

Zimmu - Mar 13

41 by GoatPieceLuffy »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 357 Discussion

Darkreaper70 - Jun 12, 2008

45 by bakakisima »»
6 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.