Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

"Blue Archive the Animation" - Staff Information & Message + Character Art of Arona & Shiroko

New
Jul 23, 2023 3:56 AM
Jan 2009
Revealed during their 2.5th Anniversary Livestream

https://twitter.com/Blue_ArchiveJP/status/1683067446998228992

XanekJul 23, 2023 4:17 AM
Jul 23, 2023 8:24 AM
Nov 2020
As expected Yostar would be animating with the help of Candy Pictures. Shiroko and Arona’s character design look really good, very excited

The only thing I’m worried about is how their gonna do Sensei’s design.
DarkHomieCJul 23, 2023 8:33 AM
Jul 23, 2023 8:26 AM

Jan 2023
Oh by Yostar? Sweeet. 

I’ve been interested ever since I listened to “Target for love”.

"You win this round. You doggies."
Jul 23, 2023 12:36 PM

May 2013
DarkHomieC said:
As expected Yostar would be animating with the help of Candy Pictures. Shiroko and Arona’s character design look really good, very excited

My wild guess is that they will 1) not be showing the Sensei and 2) choose a Main character (here Shiroko).
Just like we never saw the Admiral in Azur Lane and Kancolle and picked a main character(s) in both animes.
I'm not expert in "Gacha game turned anime" so those are the only example I have.

Arona could also be the link between the Sensei and the rest of the cast.
Jul 23, 2023 1:18 PM
Nov 2020
DlynK said:
DarkHomieC said:

My wild guess is that they will 1) not be showing the Sensei and 2) choose a Main character (here Shiroko).
Just like we never saw the Admiral in Azur Lane and Kancolle and picked a main character(s) in both animes.
I'm not expert in "Gacha game turned anime" so those are the only example I have.

Arona could also be the link between the Sensei and the rest of the cast.

Kancolle newest season with the Shigure being the MC you do end up seeing the admiral.

Sensei in Blue Archive is to much of an MC, for him to not be apart of the animation wouldn’t make sense since he’s apart of every event that happens and communicates with students.

Arona being the mediator wouldn’t make sense, because most of the characters don’t actually know about her (as of Chapter 1 of the Final in global).
Jul 23, 2023 6:24 PM
Feb 2020
[quote=DarkHomieC message=69585508]As expected Yostar would be animating with the help of Candy Pictures. Shiroko and Arona’s character design look really good, very excited

The only thing I’m worried about is how their gonna do Sensei’s
DarkHomieC said:

Would be funny if they put him in and he just has the funny drawing
Jul 24, 2023 5:30 AM

Feb 2015
Both Arona and Shiroko's anime design's are great! Especially Arona's... she's very cute and funny as always. They really nailed their designs and I can't wait to see the rest of the cast.

Sensei's design or whether they show up or not depends on what the anime is about. I haven't researched much about it but if it's not an adaptation of the main game's story but an original one then they don't need to show up. It could be like the last 2 OVAs and it would be just fine but if it's an adaptation... then a lot of scenes won't work without Sensei being present.

Though what kind of design they would go with if they do end up showing up makes me curious as well... would they look like a normal human male since they are heavily implied to be one? Or Arona's doodle (I'll take a cameo lol)? Or manga Sensei? Or would they go out of their way and surprise us with a completely androgynous design? I can't wait!

DarkHomieC said:
Arona being the mediator wouldn’t make sense, because most of the characters don’t actually know about her (as of Chapter 1 of the Final in global).

Agreed, I was very surprised after finishing that chapter to learn that not many people know about the Shittem Chest and I thought it would've been common knowledge given how much time Sensei spends with the students. So if Arona ends up being a mediator then it's going to be interesting seeing what kind of story they come up with.
Jul 24, 2023 10:01 AM
Jan 2019
Hopefully they'll take Arknights's approach of the playable character. Sensei is just too important of character to be not present in the story (unless they decided to make a completely original story)
Aug 9, 2023 4:27 PM

Oct 2007
Sep 28, 2023 8:07 PM

Jan 2014
I hope they will use the manga design, because I think that's really good. Though seeing the "usual" design for him (with the Arona doodle taped to his face) would be kind of funny. Don't think people not part of the BA community would appreciate it as much though.
Nov 1, 2023 7:03 AM
Feb 2019
Reply to Friddan
I hope they will use the manga design, because I think that's really good. Though seeing the "usual" design for him (with the Arona doodle taped to his face) would be kind of funny. Don't think people not part of the BA community would appreciate it as much though.
Pretty much, that Sensei is pretty well-designed and doodle Sensei could easily be inserted into goofier parts.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Blue Archive the Animation Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Xanek - Apr 21

50 by Smol_Rufi »»
Yesterday, 12:34 PM

Poll: » Blue Archive the Animation Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Xanek - Apr 14

69 by Smol_Rufi »»
Yesterday, 12:30 PM

» Is this anime for someone who has never played the game?

Adizcool - Apr 18

23 by Ba-Cii10 »»
Apr 26, 3:37 PM

Poll: » Blue Archive the Animation Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

YuudachiFR - Apr 7

242 by yhagni »»
Apr 24, 1:07 PM

» Sensei.. That's literally us fr 😭😭😭

T_Reza - Apr 7

13 by shit_and_cum »»
Apr 22, 11:00 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.