Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jul 10, 2023 6:41 AM
Sep 2020
So I watched this special and it's pretty clear that this timeline is connected to Fate/Zero and with Lord El-Melloi II Sei no Jikenbo: Rail Zeppelin Grace Note. Basically what I am saying, in this universe, the fourth holy grail war happened but not the fifth holy grail war. So Waver knows Iskandar and Gray made a cameo. BUT, what happened to Gilgamesh and Kirei? If the fourth holly grail war happened, Kiritsugu won and Gilgamesh met Angra Mainyu. So, in Fate/Strange Fake, does it have twoo Gilgamesh living on the same time?
Jul 10, 2023 6:43 AM

Apr 2016
It is its own thing.
Jul 10, 2023 6:45 AM

Jan 2017
It's a completely different timeline.
It's just that like almost every Fate Spin-Offs , it use some elements that were shown in the Main Story.

If you want a complete "timeline" of the Nasuverse : https://www.reddit.com/r/fatestaynight/comments/94xmmv/the_complete_timeline_of_the_nasuverse_fate_kara/
Alexioos95Jul 10, 2023 6:49 AM
"Genius lives only one storey above madness."
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

"Stupidity is a talent for misconception."
– Edgar Allan Poe.

"I'm tired... and hungry."
– Alexioos95.
Jul 10, 2023 7:01 AM
Sep 2020
Alexioos95 said:
It's a completely different timeline.
It's just that like almost every Fate Spin-Offs , it use some elements that were shown in the Main Story.

If you want a complete "timeline" of the Nasuverse : https://www.reddit.com/r/fatestaynight/comments/94xmmv/the_complete_timeline_of_the_nasuverse_fate_kara/
Ok, fine, it's a different timeline but not a complete different timeline. It's pretty clear that the fourth holy grail war happened and Waver had Iskandar has his servant. And Gary made a cameo. So, this timeline was exaclty the same has the "main timeline" but at some point it chenged. So, my question is, what happened to Gilgamesh, Kirei, Kiritsugu and Shirou in this timeline.
Jul 10, 2023 7:03 AM
Sep 2020
Swagernator said:
It is its own thing.
Wow, thanks for not reading what I wrote and just responding some stupid shit. I know that I can watch this without watching Fate/Zero. I spended to much hours of my life on the nasuverse to know this. BUT, Fate has a big lore and I just wanted to know how Fate/Strange Fakes connects to the others "timelines" and stories.
KinobergJul 10, 2023 7:07 AM
Jul 10, 2023 7:09 AM
Feb 2022
I think it’s one of those „don’t worry about the details” stories in the sense that it’s set after fate zero but it ignores there already being one gilgamesh
Jul 10, 2023 7:11 AM

Apr 2016
Kinoberg said:
Wow, thanks for not reading what I wrote and just responding some stupid shit. I know that I can watch this without watching Fate/Zero. I spended to much hours of my life on the nasuverse to know this. BUT, Fate has a big lore and I just wanted to know how Fate/Strange Fakes connects to the others "timelines" and stories.

Well, your favorite anituber is Gigguk, so i thought a simpleton answer would be enough for you.
Jul 10, 2023 7:15 AM
Sep 2020
Swagernator said:
Kinoberg said:

Well, your favorite anituber is Gigguk, so i thought a simpleton answer would be enough for you.
Ok, you gave me a simple answer but apparently you know a more complex one. Can you explain to me if there is twoo Gilgamesh in the Fate/Strange Fake timeline? Can you explain what happened to Kirei in this timeline?
Jul 10, 2023 7:15 AM
Feb 2022
baby this is american timeline
Jul 10, 2023 7:26 AM

Mar 2019
It's in a different timeline, but some variation of the events in Fate Zero happened in the timeline of this anime. It's probably safe to say that Gilgamesh wasn't summoned in the 4th holy grail war. And most other servants and master characters aside from Iskandar, Wawer, Kayneth and Saber didn't appear, as those characters are the bare minimum for Wawer's story in this timeline to make sense. Some variation of the Edelfelt family, Tohsaka family and Makiri/Matou faimly exist here as well, but I guess that doesn't mean that the characters from Fate Stay Night or Fate Zero automatically exist here. 

Unless the series states otherwise at some point (I wouldn't know, only watched this episode) there's no reason to make larger assumptions on whether Shirou or any other character ever even existed in this timeline. I guess Ayaka Sajou being there would kind of support Emiya Shirou not existing in this timeline, because she was supposed to inhabit the role that Shirou had at some point during the concept stages of making Fate Stay/ Night. Kirei doesn't really need to exist here.
Jul 10, 2023 7:28 AM

Jan 2017
Kinoberg said:
So, this timeline was exaclty the same has the "main timeline" but at some point it chenged.

Not necessarily.
For instance , Zero happen in a different timelines from the 3 Routes.
And Strange Fake absolutely can not take place in any timeline relatively close to Fate because of the Dead Apostle.

Kinoberg said:
So, my question is, what happened to Gilgamesh, Kirei, Kiritsugu and Shirou in this timeline.

We know that the Gilgamesh present here is not the same as the one of the previous Holy Grail Wars.
But that's all , as for the others , they are mentionned a few times , but nothing is said about their situations.

You are not supposed to ask yourself such questions , as it's officially a completely different universe.
"Genius lives only one storey above madness."
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

"Stupidity is a talent for misconception."
– Edgar Allan Poe.

"I'm tired... and hungry."
– Alexioos95.
Jul 10, 2023 7:30 AM
Jul 2020
Kumiveneella said:
It's in a different timeline, but some variation of the events in Fate Zero happened in the timeline of this anime. It's probably safe to say that Gilgamesh wasn't summoned in the 4th holy grail war. And most other servants and master characters aside from Iskandar, Wawer, Kayneth and Saber didn't appear, as those characters are the bare minimum for Wawer's story in this timeline to make sense. Some variation of the Edelfelt family, Tohsaka family and Makiri/Matou faimly exist here as well, but I guess that doesn't mean that the characters from Fate Stay Night or Fate Zero automatically exist here. 

Unless the series states otherwise at some point (I wouldn't know, only watched this episode) there's no reason to make larger assumptions on whether Shirou or any other character ever even existed in this timeline. I guess Ayaka Sajou being there would kind of support Emiya Shirou not existing in this timeline, because she was supposed to inhabit the role that Shirou had at some point during the concept stages of making Fate Stay/ Night. Kirei doesn't really need to exist here.

Why would you assume Gilgamesh wasn’t summoned in the 4th war? Because he doesn’t remember it? That’s normal, servants who get summoned multiple times never remember their previous summonings, except for Saber in Stay Night because of complicated reasons
Jul 10, 2023 7:38 AM
Oct 2020
Jul 10, 2023 7:38 AM

Mar 2019
Austin_Bale said:
Kumiveneella said:

Why would you assume Gilgamesh wasn’t summoned in the 4th war? Because he doesn’t remember it? That’s normal, servants who get summoned multiple times never remember their previous summonings, except for Saber in Stay Night because of complicated reasons
It makes the most sense for him to just not be there, because it gets kind of convoluted if he is. Most of this is just me looking at this from a perspective of functionality. Although I guess it makes sense for him to be there, because Wawer. I guess I was wrong. But most of the other stuff I said probably makes sense. Just look at the person above me for more on this matter, if you care.

Edit* I kind of thought that Saber could've inhabited most of Gilgamesh's big role moments, that had anything to do with Wawer, but I guess it makes more narrative storytelling sense for him to be there.
KumiveneellaJul 10, 2023 7:45 AM
Jul 10, 2023 7:41 AM
Oct 2020
Kinoberg said:
Swagernator said:

Ok, you gave me a simple answer but apparently you know a more complex one. Can you explain to me if there is twoo Gilgamesh in the Fate/Strange Fake timeline? Can you explain what happened to Kirei in this timeline?

It is never directly addressed from what but Strange Fake is set in 2009, 2 years after Stay Night takes place. So people I see usually assume some version of the 4th (Zero) and 5th (Stay Night) holy grail wars happened. This I believe is also due to Case Files directly referencing the 5th grail war at some point. We don't get any mention of Kirei but Gilgamesh can't be summoned if the incarnated version of him in Fuyuki is still alive.
Jul 10, 2023 7:42 AM
Oct 2020
Kumiveneella said:
Austin_Bale said:

It makes the most sense for him to just not be there, because it gets kind of convoluted if he is. Most of this is just me looking at this from a perspective of functionality. Although I guess it makes sense for him to be there, because Wawer. I guess I was wrong. But most of the other stuff I said probably makes sense. Just look at the person above me for more on this matter, if you care.

Sorry I meant to reply that to you but I forgot to press the quote button.
Jul 10, 2023 7:51 AM

Jul 2021
Swagernator said:
Kinoberg said:

why Gigguk catching strays 😂
I do believe how op responded was quite rude though
Jul 10, 2023 9:15 AM

Jan 2021
Kinoberg said:
So I watched this special and it's pretty clear that this timeline is connected to Fate/Zero and with Lord El-Melloi II Sei no Jikenbo: Rail Zeppelin Grace Note. Basically what I am saying, in this universe, the fourth holy grail war happened but not the fifth holy grail war. So Waver knows Iskandar and Gray made a cameo. BUT, what happened to Gilgamesh and Kirei? If the fourth holly grail war happened, Kiritsugu won and Gilgamesh met Angra Mainyu. So, in Fate/Strange Fake, does it have twoo Gilgamesh living on the same time?

it is set in its own world.
but fate/zero and an unknown route of fate/stay night, aswell as case files do happen in it.
Read the visual novel nerd
Jul 10, 2023 9:51 AM

Feb 2020
Kinoberg said:

The fifth war still happened. We can assume that a variant similar to the Fate and UBW routes happened. And like you said the events of Zero and Case Files also happened.

Certain things make it so it has to be a different timeline, but you can almost consider it a sequel to Stay Night.

Gilgamesh and Kirei die by the end of every route of Stay Night and Servant memories don't carry over from one summoning to the next. This was mentioned in Case Files in the context of Iskandar not remembering Waver if he were to be summoned again.
The exception is Saber because of her specific circumstances.

Gil was definitely summoned in this timeline's 4th war, because Waver remembers him in a later volume that has yet to be animated.

I dunno why no one else gave you a straight answer. It isn't that complex.
SpheromancerJul 10, 2023 12:35 PM
Rest in Piece, Miura.
https://i.imgur.com/HzfqYqS.png

Jul 10, 2023 11:55 AM
Sep 2016
standalone entry like fate go , Apocrypha and extra , Extella. plus fate stay night universe, like Gundam multiverse, is very very VERY large and confusing at times
Jul 10, 2023 2:51 PM
Apr 2023
Kinoberg said:

It’s the same timeline as fate/zero, but sometime between then and fate/stay night it diverges. Idk how much more specific of an answer you want.
Jul 10, 2023 6:27 PM
Jun 2020
I don't really get the divergent argument, because it perfectly works as continuity of Fate/stay night, considering it taking place when Waver as professor and Rin already in college (and you will get more Rin), so that means the events occur after Fate/stay night. And if Fate/stay night did happen it still doesn't ruin the continuity of the story, because you already know where were Gilgamesh and Kirei after Fate/stay night, so that's why i don't get the "two Gilgamesh" confusion. 

Fate/strange Fake pretty much for me is like the Avenger of Fate, in the way how the Nagita Ryougo the author connecting from previous installments and also the scale of the war event greater then the previous, and also don't forget the servants they really have their strange attributes. You will find Fate/strange Fake referencing Fate/Zero, Fate/stay night, Lord El-Melloi II, Fate/apocrypha, even Tsukihime (if i remember correctly) in the future series. 
Jul 11, 2023 9:13 PM
Nov 2020
Fate Strange Fake is it’s own thing. It started off as an April Fools, but it ended up getting popular so they continued it.

To make it easier to understand:
Fate/ Zero -> El Melloi spin-off series -> Strange Fake Spin-Off. This is how it fallows the timeline, but it is its own thing. We know this because of El melloi case files timeframe (takes place right before the Fifth grail war/ stay night, Flat was 15 at the time, but he’s 20 in SF).

What happened to Gil and Kirei?
There’s only one Gil, he got summoned again (this is way after the Fifth Grail war), without spoiling anything major Kirei only gets mentioned.

Don’t think to deep into Strange Fake, mainly because it’s still ongoing and the “lore” is kinda just all over the place.
Jul 13, 2023 12:14 AM

Feb 2021
Yes, it takes place after Zero and Stay Night.
Jul 13, 2023 1:08 AM
Apr 2017
The main difference really is, SF is a special timeline where Vampires/Dead Apostle exist and also have a strong root in the world unlike in other fate timeline where DA doesnt exist normally. Zero does happen almost exactly the same
for stay night it still happen but we simply doesnt know which route is the most similar
Jul 13, 2023 6:41 AM

Jan 2021
Eiyuuo-Gilkun said:
The main difference really is, SF is a special timeline where Vampires/Dead Apostle exist and also have a strong root in the world unlike in other fate timeline where DA doesnt exist normally. Zero does happen almost exactly the same
for stay night it still happen but we simply doesnt know which route is the most similar

in terms of route im pretty sure narita stated that it was after an unknown route of fsn, so it cant be any of three.
Jul 19, 2023 9:51 PM

Apr 2008
Ok, just based off of common sense, I'm going with the headcanon that this is a direct sequel to the main Fate/Zero -> Stay/Night -> Not-Sherlock Holmes so far, 70 years in the future of Zero. No one cares about what happened with Bone of My Swordman compared to Zero's Holy Grail because Bone of My Swordman's was incomplete in three different flavors like a Neapolitan sundae special with extra blood. 

Since the normal rules that were carefully observed, prepared, followed, and passed down generation to generation in the Japanese setting, the American setting botched everything by rushing through it somehow (classic), and so the rules aren't quite protective anymore, nor are there any real controls anymore, anything can happen in this more-unstable abuse of leyline magic. A clash between the Babylonian-Sumerian concepts of order/civilization and chaos/nature, the duality of humankind's relationship with the planet, occurred through vessels channeling the spirits of the legendary Babylonian-Sumerian duo from the Epic of Gilgamesh.

It's kind of strange to read that word salad above and have it make sense. Anyways, the randomness of the characters in this one gave me some real unpredictable-on-a-JoJo-level vibes. Hope this stays entertaining.

Aug 1, 2023 7:33 PM

Sep 2016
See son, this is the shit that happens to your brain when you watch Fate Zero first and advise it to other people as well.

Not everything has to be related to mid zero lmao
bruh
Aug 2, 2023 7:25 AM

Nov 2018
Kinoberg said:
The 5th holy grail war did happen, this is 5 years after the 5th
Sep 24, 2023 12:57 AM

Feb 2015
Reply to Eiyuuo-Gilkun
@Eiyuuo-Gilkun Wait, does that mean Shirou doesn't exist in this version and Ayaka was the one in the 5th War, a la Fate/Prototype?

Oct 24, 2023 6:14 PM

Jan 2021
Reply to SteelingMax
@Eiyuuo-Gilkun Wait, does that mean Shirou doesn't exist in this version and Ayaka was the one in the 5th War, a la Fate/Prototype?
@SteelingMax Shirou does exist, hes even refferenced by Caster.
i dont remember exactly the deal with Ayaka though.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/strange Fake: Whispers of Dawn Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

deg - Jul 2, 2023

177 by Gator »»
Mar 10, 12:59 PM

» Ruler class

youchl - Jul 17, 2023

5 by SteelingMax »»
Sep 24, 2023 1:03 AM

Poll: » Ive only seen Fate Zero both seasons

RimuruTari - Sep 4, 2023

13 by SteelingMax »»
Sep 24, 2023 12:28 AM

» I am completely lost

Mathi786 - Sep 7, 2023

7 by Mathi786 »»
Sep 8, 2023 6:12 AM

» Help Me Please

isolated-otaku - Aug 14, 2023

15 by The_Bad_Shah »»
Aug 17, 2023 6:20 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.