Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 19, 2023 8:30 PM
Oct 2019
feel like this was a really important episode

dude becomes a sword king and now gets to fly all around on his sword. he rescues the north domain princess from another fiend assassin and is invited to join a sword tournament at their place AND to stay there and train (since mc tells her he comes from an ordinary family - what a liar). mc finds out that the canglang dude from awhile back may have been the one to send the fiend assassin.

it's been several years since he left the fang family for the west domain (lu family), and yet he hasn't actually reached the west domain yet, and he won't make it back for at least the next few months (when the north domain sword tournament is over). the story is starting to develop imo

and mc makes two huge cultivation breakthroughs in back to back episodes. but we hardly see any of his training. normally that would bother me, but this donghua has a little different vibe, where it's focused on revenge/investigation as opposed to just training/cultivation. i'm liking it so far. not great, but interesting. 6/10, maybe 6.5
Nov 7, 2023 11:11 AM

May 2016
Reply to HagePotPotato
feel like this was a really important episode

dude becomes a sword king and now gets to fly all around on his sword. he rescues the north domain princess from another fiend assassin and is invited to join a sword tournament at their place AND to stay there and train (since mc tells her he comes from an ordinary family - what a liar). mc finds out that the canglang dude from awhile back may have been the one to send the fiend assassin.

it's been several years since he left the fang family for the west domain (lu family), and yet he hasn't actually reached the west domain yet, and he won't make it back for at least the next few months (when the north domain sword tournament is over). the story is starting to develop imo

and mc makes two huge cultivation breakthroughs in back to back episodes. but we hardly see any of his training. normally that would bother me, but this donghua has a little different vibe, where it's focused on revenge/investigation as opposed to just training/cultivation. i'm liking it so far. not great, but interesting. 6/10, maybe 6.5
@HagePotPotato yeah spot on on the recap. Just started to watch and i hope the cultivation gets a bit more detailed/story. Hopefully the fight scenes get better lol..

More topics from this board

Poll: » Jian Yu Chuanqi Episode 1 Discussion

bushman66 - Apr 17, 2022

2 by Karva1 »»
Mar 16, 11:48 AM

» Cultivation Realms/Levels translation to English

xxxy4 - Dec 30, 2023

0 by xxxy4 »»
Dec 30, 2023 10:36 PM

Poll: » Jian Yu Chuanqi Episode 40 Discussion

becool - Apr 20, 2022

6 by Northstar01 »»
Nov 7, 2023 6:39 PM

Poll: » Jian Yu Feng Yun Episode 22 Discussion

HagePotPotato - May 19, 2023

0 by HagePotPotato »»
May 19, 2023 11:22 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.