Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
I Got a Cheat Skill in Another World and Became Unrivaled in The Real World, Too (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Apr 26, 2023 2:25 AM
Apr 2022
I hope i explain this correctly, this anime feels like something you'd find on Wattpad or smth. I had high hopes when i watched ep1 without the subs because i thought the mc would have to work really hard and would transform into a good looking guy at like ep 4-5 but that hope was shattered in ep 1 but i still had SOME hope that the anime would make a turn around because the mc would have to face his weak heart but no. This feels like something a 10 yr old (or a lonely 30 yr old) would write, self inserting themselves into a anime with all the generic isekai stuff. The gang suddenly comes into school and the guy becomes the hero suddenly. Also, how is he gonna explain that jump and him dodging that bike thing. Will he just go "teehee" and scratch the back of his head oike classic anime character? I thought it had an interesting premise but this has turned into trash real quick.
Apr 26, 2023 2:30 AM
Oct 2020
Most isekai's nowadays feel like that
Apr 26, 2023 2:42 AM
Apr 2022
CrunchyCrobat said:

yeah, but this one is the best at that. and i had such high hopes for this too :(
Apr 26, 2023 2:44 AM
Oct 2020
Optuber said:
CrunchyCrobat said:

yeah, but this one is the best at that. and i had such high hopes for this too :(

Ye, if seemed pretty cool, but turned out exactly the same as your average isekai
Apr 26, 2023 2:45 AM
Feb 2021
il be honest, i like isekai harem ngl but this feels too much, i mean his life so easy he happens to have a grandpa which preffered him over the rest of the family, he happened to save the daughter of highly elite school manager he then happens to have a house in the other world with a barrier which allows him to lvl up with no danger at all, the same day he decided to step out and explore the isekai world he saves a princess.

then on the last episode he moves like a superhuman to save the chick from taking a ball to the face then he jumps out of a 4th floor window and easily beats a full gang and also make the gang leader faint with a single stare and no one even stops to question any of it how tf he survived the jump how tf he beats an entire gang how tf he stared at a gang leader and he fainted like nothing.

like bruh ive watch more then 2000 animes all the ones i got on this account are just what i really liked and this anime broke me, i still like it because i love harem and isekai but this makes no sense to me man i dunno if to like it or hate it
Apr 26, 2023 3:25 AM
Aug 2022
Optuber said:
I hope i explain this correctly, this anime feels like something you'd find on Wattpad or smth. I had high hopes when i watched ep1 without the subs because i thought the mc would have to work really hard and would transform into a good looking guy at like ep 4-5 but that hope was shattered in ep 1 but i still had SOME hope that the anime would make a turn around because the mc would have to face his weak heart but no. This feels like something a 10 yr old (or a lonely 30 yr old) would write, self inserting themselves into a anime with all the generic isekai stuff. The gang suddenly comes into school and the guy becomes the hero suddenly. Also, how is he gonna explain that jump and him dodging that bike thing. Will he just go "teehee" and scratch the back of his head oike classic anime character? I thought it had an interesting premise but this has turned into trash real quick.

I personally am getting your average manhwa isekai vibes from this idk y tho, maybe cuz of the art style
Apr 26, 2023 3:53 AM
Mar 2019
Its so painful to watch for the first time in my life i watch an anime at 2x speed even tho i only do 1.5x i was even skipping because the cringe wont leave my body, I like the manga but will not continue watching the anime
Apr 26, 2023 3:54 AM
Mar 2019
he is extremely stupid too there is no way he didnt notice anything changes in his body oh my god this is so bad i want to erase this from my mind
Apr 26, 2023 4:16 AM
Feb 2022
NekuroShouichi said:
Its so painful to watch for the first time in my life i watch an anime at 2x speed even tho i only do 1.5x i was even skipping because the cringe wont leave my body, I like the manga but will not continue watching the anime

isn't the manga the same?
Apr 26, 2023 4:19 AM
Jun 2020
Optuber said:
im about to write my own isekai story and i wanna aim at the Level of re zero for example it my Story gets an anime the First ep should be like oshi no ko long and it plays in our world where the mc dies not because of truck kun or gets stabbed by some random Person but passes away in peace because of old age for example the First ep should be about the mc life in earth so the audience Learns to know him and after his death the god of earth will grant him 1 wish and this is reborn in another world with all his memories and the Body he had in earth but he was made much younger so he will be 16-20 + he gets granted a flying island in top is a castle and inside the castle there is literally everything from every book ever written in a Titanic big library to alien High rech cloning machines very star wars like the mc should be a normal human with only the abilitie to control the castle but guarding him is a Legion of High tech robots like Transformers but way more powerful or he gets so much mana like rudeus and uses high science knowledge to become a very strong wizard

Thats what my story would be about but i have a idea how to progress the Story
Apr 26, 2023 4:22 AM

Apr 2016
Welcome to the Light Novel industry, lol.
Apr 26, 2023 4:27 AM
Apr 2023
Maruseru93 said:

Since it's a terrible story with nothing but cliche and edginess it's for the best.
Apr 26, 2023 4:40 AM
Jun 2020
Lockleae said:
Maruseru93 said:

Since it's a terrible story with nothing but cliche and edginess it's for the best.
in my Story i will try to avoid this i plan to give my mc some girls but only 1 who truly loves him and the mc wants to solve many Problems in this nrw world
Apr 26, 2023 4:44 AM
Mar 2019
Sonumohib said:
NekuroShouichi said:

i can read the manga faster or slower if i want
Apr 26, 2023 4:57 AM
Jul 2022
well, that will be hearthhreaking but you must know that. that anime wil be like slow Isekai (at least in this season- i hope second season) i read manga and i ll tell you 5-6-7 slow Isekai and mc use his powers in Real world(that part looks good and i think it cools but that's all) i didn't read novel. but for now this situation is like that
Apr 26, 2023 4:59 AM
Apr 2022
NekuroShouichi said:
Sonumohib said:

i can read the manga faster or slower if i want

at that point, why even bother reading it?
Apr 26, 2023 5:09 AM

Oct 2021
Well yeah, the source material is probably from the japanese version of wattpad.
Apr 26, 2023 7:10 AM
Feb 2023
Sometimes I just wanna go stare at trash tho
Apr 26, 2023 7:28 AM
Nov 2020
It seemed promising at first but now it’s feeling like your average shut in self inserts wet dream
Apr 26, 2023 7:35 AM
Apr 2021
I had some much good hope for a nice revenge plotline in this anime, with the mc taking revenge on his family/siblings. Boy howdy was I ever dissapointed after last episode. This is just the deffinition of completely unremarkable filler anime now.
Apr 26, 2023 9:24 AM
Sep 2020
Optuber said:

but this is why i am watching it, it is so bad that i can't help but laugh at every cliché
Apr 26, 2023 9:46 AM
Oct 2016
him forgiving those two idiot brothers like nothing happened made me drop the anime instantly.. 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Optuber said:
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 26, 2023 4:49 PM
Feb 2022
This is what comes out from isekai light novels
Apr 26, 2023 6:00 PM
Jun 2021
Optuber said:
I totally get you. First episode was good, because even when he was overweight he tried to help a person in need of saving and didn’t just come a nice guy at heart, helping others and all after he achieved his fit/model look. However it doesn’t show any kind of real plot development. Surely there is an activity going on and rather than a storyline progressing overtime it feels like bunch of different ideas meshed up together. Gotta wait for Re:zero, mushoku tensi and slime ‘s new seasons for a good quality isekai I guess…
Apr 27, 2023 1:12 AM

Apr 2021
Read the LN bro it's 🔥 (jk but it's better than the anime)
I love Monogatari Series
Apr 27, 2023 6:08 AM

Oct 2012
It's sooooo bad and I love Isekai. This show takes all of the worst aspects of Lookism and Roukin.
Apr 27, 2023 10:05 PM

May 2019
Optuber said:
Agreed, I also thought that he would have to work hard to get in shape and train on combat and such and.... we didn't get any of that. Another thing that bothers me is that he gained like what? 4 inches of height when he got instantly thin?? I could see maybe an inch or 2 if he slouched when he was fat but 4+ inches of height? Come on.

Anyways, so far this has been the most cringe isekai that I've watched and I don't think I've laughed once yet so I'm not enjoying it as much as other ones. I'm not sure if it will improve as the series progresses but at least the animation is good.
Apr 28, 2023 1:58 AM
Aug 2022
Optuber said:

Yup, definitely Brother.
I had hopes,
I thought even it should only be 0.1 % good, I will try it.
But, it came into it's colours by the end of the first episode.
And the trashiest episode was the latest one with siblings.
Lol, I want to throw the screen so hard after the 4th episode.
Like the way it got resolved, got me chills from cringe.
Apr 28, 2023 10:50 AM
Jan 2023
Optuber said:

yes, I totally agree with you. Till now he does unrealistic things and pull up the girls. It feels abnormal. No comedy, no long decent fight and not to the main story. Just showing his Rizz.
Apr 28, 2023 12:31 PM
Jan 2020
NekuroShouichi said:

I can relate to the cringe part mate
Apr 28, 2023 12:35 PM
Jan 2020
Terrath said:

Same man . The only reason I’m watching this shit is cause i need some cringe like this that can cure my other cringes from IRL experiences lol
Apr 29, 2023 1:40 AM
Apr 2015
Terrath said:

'if you gaze long into an trash , the trash also gazes into you'

i love nietzsche quote
davremedyApr 29, 2023 1:48 AM
Apr 29, 2023 7:28 PM

Feb 2017
It makes me wonder if this is doing well in Japan, if not this then the manga itself is that close to the anime? I hate the word but its so apt here, Cringe, the whole show so far is just cringe and I can't suspend my disbelief to enjoy it as yet another wish granting random ass cringe event pops up to drag me back out again.

So yeah, is this well received in Japan? If so, I really have to wonder at well, the mental state of the community there.
Apr 29, 2023 8:34 PM

Jun 2007
Agreed; the writing on this is pretty bad self-insert Marty Stu masturbatory fantasy.  It's like a train wreck though; I watch it every week to see if it is possible for it to get even absurd - so far, it has not failed to disappoint lol.  I'm a sucker for isekai, I don't care how bad it gets I stick it out.  This isn't the worst, but it certainly has its share of absolutely stupid parts.  What's even worse is the anime adaptation is making irritating changes too.

245678 said:
him forgiving those two idiot brothers like nothing happened made me drop the anime instantly.. 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Yea, that's painful.  I'd have been happier if he saved them, then when they're all like "ohhh *sob* you saved us even though we were mean to you" he's like "don't get me wrong; I don't forgive you, it's just that I reserve the right to be the one to smash your faces in... I deserve that pleasure far more than Red Ogre dude" :D

Mod Edit: Removed quoted post
KayKimiiMay 30, 2023 12:02 AM
May 2, 2023 8:20 AM
Dec 2015
Could not say it better , but the main character design is sick.
May 2, 2023 9:29 AM

Jan 2020
i feel like this is one of those " its so bad its good " shows 
:)
May 7, 2023 3:38 AM
Sep 2020
Tbh I'm just here for the art style
May 7, 2023 7:05 AM

Oct 2012
Optuber said:

Same author as Shinka No Mi. Fat ugly bastard must certainly write these stories to get a handle over his insecurities and grievances.
May 9, 2023 6:00 AM

Jun 2015
The sentiments about this being a self-insert fantasy are strengthened by the fact that his other work includes similar fat-to-fit-transformations and there is practically nothing to be found about the author, save for the name 'miku'.

This could be a bad-good show if it was to any extent self-aware, but it takes itself super seriously considering what an utter heap of shit the Gary Stu plotline is. You can see every twist and turn miles ahead all of the time and you better fucking believe it that this perfect human gets opportunities hurled at him at a constant pace. There is practically zero reason to watch this, other than get your daily dose of cringe.

You could leverage the plot more to delve deeper into the whole 'prejudice against ugly people'-thing, but since the author lacks the skills to do so it is just a resentful hate-wank against successful people. I also dislike how wasted the isekai aspect is, since you could do something actually interesting with a fantasy world. Maybe on the other side they could celebrate people who seem fat and displeasant to us. Yes, that would pose the problem of 'why would you even return to the original world', but you could plant a hook there in the form of a based granny or something. The point is that there is more potential to the traveling between two worlds aspect, but the author just wastes it by making it practically a carbon copy of the modern world with certain superficial differences.

That being said, I have no idea what sort of cliche thingamajigs happen in the future so maybe they address these problems.
mertsiMay 9, 2023 6:06 AM
uh oh!
May 9, 2023 10:14 AM

Apr 2021
Optuber said:
it was written on 'shousetsuka ni narou', a webnovel writing site where almost every isekai is written. This site is literally wattpad of japan
May 9, 2023 10:39 AM

Feb 2019
Optuber said:
I hope i explain this correctly, this anime feels like something you'd find on Wattpad or smth.
Well, that's the thing, you literally would. Virtually every Isekai has its roots in a site called Shousetsuka ni Narou - you can check this for yourself, look at any announcement for a new Isekai and you'll almost certainly find the line "X first started penning the adventure fantasy novel on the Shousetsuka ni Narou website in Y" somewhere in there.

And like Wattpad, that shithole accepts literally everything, no matter how uneducated and unskilled its amateur contributors are.
Well I for one already loved Lain.
May 9, 2023 5:35 PM
Apr 2021
I've seen a lot of people talking about how this seems like some young boy or middle-aged man's fantasy. 
One of the interesting things about this LN is that it was actually written by a woman while she was doing her undergraduate degree at university.
It seems like she tried to write it in a way that appeals to men, but the LN has a lot of random stuff that wouldn't usually be in this type of LN, like the MC receiving everyday items in the fantasy world like a comb that gives people perfect hair, and a toothbrush and so on... there's also a huge focus on the romance side and very little focus on the action.  
May 9, 2023 9:37 PM

Jan 2015
Saying this anime feel like Wattpad is insult to Wattpad.

Majority of Wattpad story is better than this anime writing
May 9, 2023 9:40 PM
ᴛʜʀᴇᴀᴅ★ʀᴇᴀᴘᴇʀ

Dec 2018
Optuber said:
I thought it had an interesting premise but this has turned into trash real quick.
I mean... isekai's "originality" aside, what else did you expect from the creator behind The Fruit of Evolution? lmao

More topics from this board

» Genuine question: Who actually enjoyed this show? ( 1 2 )

KuyaC - Mar 26

65 by DarknessReality »»
Apr 25, 4:02 PM

Poll: » Isekai de Cheat Skill wo Te ni Shita Ore wa, Genjitsu Sekai wo mo Musou Suru: Level Up wa Jinsei wo Kaeta Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 28, 2023

231 by Igloos »»
Mar 25, 5:13 PM

Poll: » Isekai de Cheat Skill wo Te ni Shita Ore wa, Genjitsu Sekai wo mo Musou Suru: Level Up wa Jinsei wo Kaeta Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 15, 2023

78 by Protoz »»
Feb 19, 11:19 PM

» Deleted...

ShadowXBlaster - Feb 5

2 by DragyG »»
Feb 5, 9:46 AM

Poll: » Isekai de Cheat Skill wo Te ni Shita Ore wa, Genjitsu Sekai wo mo Musou Suru: Level Up wa Jinsei wo Kaeta Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 10, 2023

210 by Smythe32 »»
Feb 2, 10:15 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.