Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 5, 2023 3:35 PM
Oct 2019
Mask man lies to mc about how he'll kill mc and become emperor himself, goads mc into a fight. Mc's anger opens more longchuan sword power, and mask man allows himself to be impaled by mc. Mask man then reveals that he wanted to die (not because living for 300 years was long enough), but because with him dead and no longer around to keep the various factions in line, there will be more chaos and death. Which is exactly what mc doesn't want

Essentially, mc will be forced to become emperor to prevent the suffering of chaos. At least that's how I understood that. 

I enjoyed season 1 a lot more than seasons 2 and 3. Maybe part of that is due to the quality of the subs, but I feel like the direction of the show has changed. A lot of slow building, training, character development, etc., was present early on. Feel like there's been none of that since season 1. It's all secret plots and prophecies and big reveals (but without the other stuff it just doesn't hit the same, and feels a bit convoluted to me). For example, ifeel like we haven't seen the mc train new techniques once since season 1

5.5/10. It was fine. I thought around episode 30 things were picking up (the Big meetup with both "emperors" and their supporters), but that didn't last. I don't think I really want to keep watching/start season 4 even though the season is much shorter. TBD I guess
HagePotPotatoApr 5, 2023 3:38 PM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hua Jianghu: Bu Liang Ren III Episode 39 Discussion

HagePotPotato - Apr 5, 2023

0 by HagePotPotato »»
Apr 5, 2023 2:45 PM

Poll: » Hua Jianghu: Bu Liang Ren III Episode 38 Discussion

HagePotPotato - Apr 5, 2023

0 by HagePotPotato »»
Apr 5, 2023 2:32 PM

Poll: » Hua Jianghu: Bu Liang Ren III Episode 33 Discussion

HagePotPotato - Apr 4, 2023

0 by HagePotPotato »»
Apr 4, 2023 8:55 PM

Poll: » Hua Jianghu: Bu Liang Ren III Episode 32 Discussion

0 by HagePotPotato »»
Apr 4, 2023 8:41 PM

Poll: » Hua Jianghu: Bu Liang Ren III Episode 31 Discussion

0 by HagePotPotato »»
Apr 4, 2023 8:28 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.