Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
My Youth Romantic Comedy Is Wrong, As I Expected (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 5, 2023 12:47 PM
Mar 2022
Fnaticgamer said:
KiingJxmess said:

Nah that’s worse

agreed! CLASS ROOM OF THE ELITE??
I WOULD RATHER WATCH SHIELD HERO SEASON 2

Ur spitting facts rn
Apr 5, 2023 2:38 PM

Jan 2021
Ayanokamisama said:
Its shit.
Watch Classroom of the Elite.

Man, if you are going to recommend a better series at least don't recommend one that is far shittier than this one could ever hope to be.
Apr 5, 2023 2:41 PM

Jan 2021
You pretty much are understood it well enough, and I just read the comment where you say that you already finished it. Hopefully the above answers helped you better, and even if I came here when you were still watching it my answer wouldn't be of much help since I dislike the series.
Apr 5, 2023 2:49 PM

Jan 2021
The takes in thread are absolute shit COTE is trash tier you fanboys. 

Anyway Yui likes Hachiman since the beginning of the series, Yukino is beginning to develop feeling for 8man but like him is completely shit at understanding her own feeling as she never experienced something like this. She doesn't see him in a romantic sense yet, but she does care for him now as a friend. The reason they get so mad at the fake confession is because 8man has a habit of sacrificing his social image for others because he does not see value in himself and to him no else does too. But as things are slowly changing he has 2 people in his life now that DO care about him and don't want to see him get hurt for others, Yukino feels offended more so because she thought he understood by now that she cares about him and he wouldn't do that to her, because she thought he would know it hurts her to see him like that. 

if you have anymore questions just ask this is in my top 5 favorite anime and is peak romance IMO captures youth love absolutely perfectly. 
Apr 5, 2023 6:03 PM

Oct 2021
I don't remember much about the anime even though it hasn't been that much long ago that I watched the whole anime (yes, all seasons) within one day. That was the first time I actually binged a 3 season anime in one day, I binged other animes too, but this was only within one day. That just represents just how much I liked the anime. Anyways, I gave it a 10/10 mostly because:

1. The MC was very relatable.
2. The story overall had a good comedy.
3. The story, again, overall was realistic.

This is completely a biased opinion of mine, I mostly like things that the majority doesn't like so I'm sure I'm one of those so called "trash taste" people, so don't mind me much, just felt like giving my own opinion to cope with the animes ending. Even though it has been months, I am still not 100% over it. And I will rewatch it someday.

Edit: Just now I realized that I have forgotten to answer your question and instead, like a dumbass, just post my opinion about the anime, apologies. I will edit this message as soon as I am able to answer your questions.
AsudoxApr 5, 2023 6:06 PM
yes.
Apr 6, 2023 11:52 AM
Feb 2021
Thank you OP, ur interpretation helped put to words what I felt was going on between those three.
I loved S1, it had some funny moments going for it. S2 onwards derailed for me, with all those teen angst moments and them just... not communicating properly. I guess that is the whole basis of their dynamic, and why so many fans praise this series and its drama. Not my cup of tea, but good for them.
Apr 6, 2023 12:19 PM

Jan 2020
Ayanokamisama said:
Its shit.

Which is also edgy shit.
Apr 6, 2023 2:48 PM
Mar 2021
I watched it and did not understand anything big, and since it was one of my first series I watched, I thought it was a really good show, it was fun back then for some reason but I wouldn't rewatch it again. Nowadays I keep dropping anime like crazy. Don't bother trying to understand the "deeper meanings" behind the drama as there is not much into it, just an average romance school drama.
Apr 9, 2023 4:13 PM
May 2021
Hachiman saves Yui's dog and Yui eventually developed feelings for Hachiman for his kindness. Yui doesn't really show it and Yukino falls in love with Hachiman later on. Hachiman and ykw start dating and that's the whole thing more or less (less). pretty much any complex event in the anime is the drama. for example when Hachiman falsely confesses to that one girl who doesn't like relationships, that was done for the drama.
Apr 13, 2023 2:08 AM
Aug 2021
Sachyan said:
So, I'm re-watching Oregairu, mostly because I missed the 3rd season and I didn't remember the anime at all. Also, it was a 4/10 to me, and I felt at some point that it deserved a different score, so I decided to re-watch the whole thing. Anyway, the 1st season end up being a 6/10 to me, I changed my perception of it and turns out I actually like this anime, but there are some things I still don't understand, and I feel like it was the same in the past, that's why I had some mixed feelings about the whole story. Either way, I think it's in the 2nd season that things get more complicated, and the real drama really starts, more specifically after the fake confession of Hachiman in episode 2 (No, perhaps the ending of the 1st season would be more precise, but back then Hachiman and Yukino were still in good terms with each other). 

Anyway, after the fake confession, both Yui and Yukino start to treat Hachiman in a more cold and awkward way, and their relationship becomes really distant, and I understand that they don't really like his methods of doing things, actually is more like they completely despise his behaviour, but at the same time care a lot about him, to the point of feeling sad and even heartbroken. Actually, the biggest problem here is that even they don't understand themselves very well, so there are a lot of misunderstandings and problems with communication, which leads to more drama. I can see that they're just a bunch of teenagers, drenched in hormones, anxiety, social insecurities, passion and love, and all these feelings come together in a state of confusion, so they can't verbalize quite well what exactly is happening. In the end, everything is a complete mess. That's my interpretation of it. 

Anyway, here are some questions: How does Yukino feel about Hachiman? Is she acting this awkwardly because she actually likes him, in a romantic way, and then she try to cover this with a façade, cold and distant and hateful towards him; is this how she handles her true feelings, by not conveying them at all? Or the reason is more simple than that and she simply despise everything Hachiman represents? What about Yui? Does she like him as well? At some point in the 1st season, in the festival, she apparently tried to confess to him but he interrupted her in the last moment, but I'm not quite sure if that was a confession. Also, in 2nd season she openly says she loves the club too much to let it go astray, and she emphasizes the word ''love'' for Hachiman, almost like it was a very personal confession. But then again, it's not quite clear to me what they're all trying to say, it could be love or something else entirely, I'm not sure, in the end everything in this anime remains in the subtext. Anyway, I think Yui and Yukino like Hachiman for some reason, but at the same time they don't respect him, or rather they don't even realize how much they like him, and just feel like his cynical character really hurts them all the time, so it's painful to get close to him. This became more clear to me in episode 8 where everyone burst into tears and emotions, but at the same time none of them were quite sure why exactly they were crying... 

I feel this was a very long thread, and I didn't really get anywhere, sorry about that. Either way, at the same time I think I understand what's happening, and this is just a case of teenager angst, sometimes I'm not entirely sure what this is all about, and I think all of these events will be key factors to watch the 3rd season. So I want to hear some opinions about it, what do you guys think the drama is about? Does Yui and Yukino like Hachiman in a romantic way? Actually, a better question would be: how they exactly feel about Hachiman, and how Hachiman sees them? Give me some of your thoughts...

Nobody readin all that. show is goated totsuka best girl
Sep 21, 2023 11:41 AM

Dec 2017
Reply to Apratim
tiagootaku said:
Apratim said:

This romcom is the most trash series I have ever seen. So boring, lame drama, overrated af for some reason. People call it really good but it's trash af

this anime is fire dude the hell u are talking about

where is the fire?? no entertainment at all. I don't remember any scene which made me laugh out loud or like that. And the romantic theme was also lacking bruh. There was just that stupid drama which was boring af
Apratim said:
I don't remember any scene which made me laugh out loud or like that. And the romantic theme was also lacking bruh. There was just that stupid drama which was boring af
Pretty sure most romcoms get to a point when it's drama heavy, oregairu just didn't waste time on stupid shit, after all, it's literally named "My youth romantic comedy is wrong as I expected".
❝Kabo-chan is ran by the MAL staff team and does not respond to individual comments made on her profile.❞
I was immensely devastated.
Feb 23, 6:29 AM

Apr 2020
tf are replies here in this threads.

if u guys cant answer then ignore simply , OP asked something serious and meaningful then reply in same manner.
Feb 26, 6:33 PM
Sep 2021
Reply to Ayanokamisama
Its shit.
@Ayanokamisama im sorry but cote is absolute garbage in my opinion
Feb 26, 8:21 PM

Jul 2019
Reply to NaughtySempai
tf are replies here in this threads.

if u guys cant answer then ignore simply , OP asked something serious and meaningful then reply in same manner.
@NaughtySempai, don't expect that from an average MAL user who loves to rant and go on tangents. Either way, thankfully, it's answered/discussed.

-[ ~♫~ ll Credit ]-
Feb 26, 8:24 PM

Jul 2019
Reply to Fenyy
@Ayanokamisama im sorry but cote is absolute garbage in my opinion
@Fenyy, fans say the LN is better. Sure, there's no left-out content and changes that are not adapted. But the series itself is still the most mediocre light novels out there. The last time I read it, the series has become a predictable harem--not the pseudo-mind game that the series promised. Well, it was fun while it lasted.

-[ ~♫~ ll Credit ]-
Feb 26, 8:34 PM

Apr 2020
LordSozin said:
@Fenyy, fans say the LN is better. Sure, there's no left-out content and changes that are not adapted. But the series itself is still the most mediocre light novels out there. The last time I read it, the series has become a predictable harem--not the pseudo-mind game that the series promised. Well, it was fun while it lasted.

kinda agree, altho I like both oregairu and COTE , but yeah for me as well the recent volumes going downward, lots of harem baits , and exhaustable new characters every vol. I thoroughly enjoyed year 1 Arc , years is disappointing

and Anime is completely shit as well
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Zoku Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 25, 2015

1002 by venbals »»
Mar 29, 10:59 AM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Zoku Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 18, 2015

556 by venbals »»
Mar 29, 1:08 AM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Zoku Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 21, 2015

667 by venbals »»
Mar 16, 10:16 PM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Zoku Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 7, 2015

421 by venbals »»
Mar 16, 9:12 PM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Zoku Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 30, 2015

374 by Quirky_Capybara »»
Feb 8, 11:42 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.