Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Mar 25, 2023 5:06 AM

Apr 2021
https://twitter.com/LoremIpsumVerb/status/1639588159494279169?s=20
Ice is a reliable leaker afaik, and he said that S3 would be announced at Animejapan some time ago, and now he seems to have gotten inside info that S3 won't be 24 eps. Since he's an official translator of the LN I'm pretty confident he know what he's talking about when he says the episode count will be satisfactory for everyone which should mean the stopping point isn't abrupt, possibly even the pacing but it's too soon to tell. Re:Zero is white fox's golden goose passion project and I'm sure they won't jinx it.
Mar 25, 2023 5:11 AM

May 2009
I really wish MAL would stop spliting entries.
Mar 25, 2023 5:13 AM
Feb 2022
37 episodes would be ideal with the ammount of material they’re planning to cover
Mar 25, 2023 5:15 AM

Dec 2020
Oskaroo said:
37 episodes would be ideal with the ammount of material they’re planning to cover
If they do extended episodes that will be PLENTY.
Mar 25, 2023 5:18 AM
Apr 2022
35-40 episodes should be plenty to cover both Arc 5&6. If we get until 50 episodes it would be even better but less likely and yeah, 24 eps ain't enough and rush the hell out of both arcs especially Arc 6 which I considered the greatest storytelling arc in Re Zero as of now
Raph03Mar 25, 2023 5:24 AM
Mar 25, 2023 5:19 AM

Aug 2020
CreepHazard said:
https://twitter.com/LoremIpsumVerb/status/1639588159494279169?s=20
Ice is a reliable leaker afaik, and he said that S3 would be announced at Animejapan some time ago, and now he seems to have gotten inside info that S3 won't be 24 eps. Since he's an official translator of the LN I'm pretty confident he know what he's talking about when he says the episode count will be satisfactory for everyone which should mean the stopping point isn't abrupt, possibly even the pacing but it's too soon to tell. Re:Zero is white fox's golden goose passion project and I'm sure they won't jinx it.

If ice says so then it's a relief and i just hope they don't do it in split cour pattern and give us episode back to back and for that they can take as much as time as they want...
Mar 25, 2023 5:28 AM
Aug 2021
This is very good news. Knowing the content of arcs 5 and 6, I feel like 24 episodes would’ve been hella forced. In ice we trust 🙏🏻
Mar 25, 2023 5:33 AM

Mar 2021
Lol from OP's post I thought it was gonna be 12 eps, but all of the comments are saying that it's gonna be MORE than 24 eps. Sounds pretty neat

Mar 25, 2023 5:37 AM

Jan 2019
39 Episodes and specific episodes for specific chapters need to be extended.
OkeanixMar 25, 2023 8:53 AM

Looking for better series than Re:Zero
Mar 25, 2023 5:38 AM
Apr 2022
CorLeonis-_- said:
This is very good news. Knowing the content of arcs 5 and 6, I feel like 24 episodes would’ve been hella forced. In ice we trust 🙏🏻

yeah we don't wanna get another Magical Index situation💀💀💀
Mar 25, 2023 5:51 AM
Jan 2023
Just imagine getting 4 full cours 🤤
Mar 25, 2023 5:55 AM

May 2020
Oh my god i am so not ready for peak
Mar 25, 2023 5:58 AM
Aug 2021
Okeanix said:
38 Episodes and specific episodes for specific chapters need to be extended.

This right here. 35-40 episodes and I can think of A COUPLE of VERY IMPORTANT chapters that need to be extended 🤞
Mar 25, 2023 6:12 AM

Nov 2022
bastek66 said:
I really wish MAL would stop spliting entries.

I really wish people would stop complaining about this.
Mar 25, 2023 6:26 AM

Mar 2021
I think its gonna be like 24 episodes + 13 episodes split or 37 episodes consecutively. But I hope the show won't be too slow.
Mar 25, 2023 6:30 AM
Apr 2018
OMG u guys like to dream a lot...
arc 5 has a lot of action so he can easily be fit in 1 cour, season 3 Will probably just be 13 episodes, with episodes of 29 minutes others more or less just like before
Mar 25, 2023 6:35 AM
Apr 2015
DaveHerder said:
arc 5 has a lot of action so he can easily be fit in 1 cour, season 3 Will probably just be 13 episodes, with episodes of 29 minutes others more or less just like before
I believe the OP means that it's going to be more than 24 episodes, as for now everyone believes that arc 5 and 6 are both going to be season 3 as a whole

Mar 25, 2023 6:36 AM

Aug 2017
Why are so many people thinking this is more than just arc 5. It will probably just be a single cour covering that arc. If not it will be split cour anyways so it'll be 12/13 episodes to cover arc 5 with another season 3 part 2 with more etc.
Mar 25, 2023 6:37 AM
Feb 2022
MugiwaraJopa said:
Lol from OP's post I thought it was gonna be 12 eps, but all of the comments are saying that it's gonna be MORE than 24 eps. Sounds pretty neat
It's definitely not gonna be 12 eps. Quite certainly it will be more than 24 eps but  not 35 eps (because that's what Ice said). So, my guess it would be either 30 extended eps or 40-50 non extended eps. The former case has the highest chances I would say.
Mar 25, 2023 6:37 AM

May 2021
From the title, I thought we got confirmation that it will be actually 48-50 episodes and will be adapting Arc 6 as well.

Mar 25, 2023 6:42 AM
Apr 2015
Sinom said:
Why are so many people thinking this is more than just arc 5. It will probably just be a single cour covering that arc. If not it will be split cour anyways so it'll be 12/13 episodes to cover arc 5 with another season 3 part 2 with more etc.
Well mainly because of Ootsuka's poster for the new season 3, which adds
Mar 25, 2023 6:46 AM
Feb 2022
DaveHerder said:
Dude, were you even paying attention, about what Ice said. He said arc 5 completely and atleast a good enough portion of arc 6 (might even complete full), will be adapted as is clearly visible from the key visual. Also, he said that everyone will be satisfied will be SATISFIED with the episode count, but it's not 35 eps (most likely less than that), but not 24 eps either(since he says everyone will be satisfied with the count, it will be quite certainly more 24 eps). I don't know whether the season will be split in cours or not but it will most certainly be of atleast 30 extended eps overall, since that's the least one would require to cover complete arc 5 and arc 6 partially with good pacing. Don't forget even though arc 5 is heavily action oriented, still vol 16 and quite a big portion of the other volumes focus on very strong character development. All that can't be rushed and would require a good amount of time for the complete adaptation.
Mar 25, 2023 6:58 AM

Dec 2020
Subaru_Reborn said:
DaveHerder said:
Dude, were you even paying attention, about what Ice said. He said arc 5 completely and atleast a good enough portion of arc 6 (might even complete full), will be adapted as is clearly visible from the key visual. Also, he said that everyone will be satisfied will be SATISFIED with the episode count, but it's not 35 eps (most likely less than that), but not 24 eps either(since he says everyone will be satisfied with the count, it will be quite certainly more 24 eps). I don't know whether the season will be split in cours or not but it will most certainly be of atleast 30 extended eps overall, since that's the least one would require to cover complete arc 5 and arc 6 partially with good pacing. Don't forget even though arc 5 is heavily action oriented, still vol 16 and quite a big portion of the other volumes focus on very strong character development. All that can't be rushed and would require a good amount of time for the complete adaptation.
Why would they stop early in arc 6? Every single arc 6 character is on there and one of those characters isn't even shown until the last volume of arc 6.
Mar 25, 2023 7:04 AM
Feb 2022
vaedeer said:
Subaru_Reborn said:
Why would they stop early in arc 6? Every single arc 6 character is on there and one of those characters isn't even shown until the last volume of arc 6.
Oh right my bad. U have actually made a valid point. That part just skipped my mind. But, then that would validate my point even more. I mean if it's complete arc 6 then, even 30 extended eps might not be enough. Then it might be 40-50 eps in that case.
Mar 25, 2023 7:10 AM
Apr 2022
MugiwaraJopa said:
well think about it this way, they are adapting likely 2 arcs, and it’s not 24 eps but it’s enough to satisfy people. So what else can it be besides more then 24
Mar 25, 2023 7:13 AM

Dec 2020
Subaru_Reborn said:
vaedeer said:
Oh right my bad. U have actually made a valid point. That part just skipped my mind. But, then that would validate my point even more. I mean  if it's complete arc 6 then, even 30 extended eps might not be enough. Then it might be 40-50 eps in that case.
I don't think it will be 40-50 episodes. They can fit it with 34, 29 minute 30 second episodes. That's 16 hours of watch time, which is almost about 48 episodes of 22 minute episodes. Judging from what Ice said, there is gonna probably be a white fox studio collaboration and if they continue their norm of big episodes cutting the op / ed, I will have no worries. Sometimes cuts are good.
Mar 25, 2023 7:14 AM
Apr 2019
There's no such thing as 24 episode seasons anymore, the anime industry is broken.
Mar 25, 2023 7:17 AM

Jun 2016
Well, this is excellent news. We are going to be feasting quite well, a bigger Re: Zero experience on top of the quality I trust it will deliver? Bring it on. I am ready
Gift by Mimurona

Mar 25, 2023 7:19 AM
Feb 2022
insomniac3011 said:
There's no such thing as 24 episode seasons anymore, the anime industry is broken.
Well, MHA will like to disagree with that. There might less number of full 24 ep anime, but they haven't completely gone extinct. And, since Re:zero is more of a passion project for White and they won't be doing anything else in the meantime. The chances of a complete season is even higher.
Mar 25, 2023 7:23 AM
Feb 2022
vaedeer said:
Subaru_Reborn said:
Oh right my bad. U have actually made a valid point. That part just skipped my mind. But, then that would validate my point even more. I mean  if it's complete arc 6 then, even 30 extended eps might not be enough. Then it might be 40-50 eps in that case.
I don't think it will be 40-50 episodes. They can fit it with 34, 29 minute 30 second episodes. That's 16 hours of watch time, which is almost about 48 episodes of 22 minute episodes. Judging from what Ice said, there is gonna probably be a white fox studio collaboration and if they continue their norm of big episodes cutting the op / ed, I will have no worries. Sometimes cuts are good.
Yeah completely agree with that point. White fox definitely knows their stuff and they will also be getting help from some other studio. As long as the end product is good with not much cut content and good pacing, they can take as much time or ep as they want.
Mar 25, 2023 7:23 AM
Apr 2019
Subaru_Reborn said:
insomniac3011 said:
Well, MHA will like to disagree with that. There might less number of full 24 ep anime, but they haven't completely gone extinct. And, since Re:zero is more of a passion project for White and they won't be doing anything else in the meantime. The chances of a complete season is even higher.

MHA was from an age where shows actually went longer than 12 episodes so it's just the last remnants of when the anime industry actually cared about something more than just the bare minimum to get manga sales.
Mar 25, 2023 7:28 AM

Dec 2020
Subaru_Reborn said:
vaedeer said:
Yeah completely agree with that point. White fox definitely knows their stuff and they will also be getting help from some other studio. As long as the end product is good with not much cut content and good pacing, they can take as much time or ep as they want.
Judging from what ice said, it has me worried, it's either it's gonna be more than 35 episodes or less than 35 episodes but more than 24 episodes.
Mar 25, 2023 7:31 AM

Mar 2021
MugiwaraJopa said:

Yea yea
Got me a bit worried for 3 sec honestly
Mar 25, 2023 7:39 AM
Jul 2021
so that can only mean they will do the whole arc 5. If it is not 24 it is still round that many unless they will go by the standard 24 minutes with op and ed almost every episode.
Mar 25, 2023 7:42 AM

Feb 2019
Based on the key visual they’re doing arc 6 too so it’s gotta be 35 episodes
Mar 25, 2023 7:46 AM
Feb 2022
insomniac3011 said:
Subaru_Reborn said:

MHA was from an age where shows actually went longer than 12 episodes so it's just the last remnants of when the anime industry actually cared about something more than just the bare minimum to get manga sales.
Well, actually Re:zero is also from the same age since both the anime were literally released the same year (2016).
Mar 25, 2023 8:24 AM

Apr 2021
MugiwaraJopa said:

What I've understood from others on this thread who are LN readers is that arc 5 would fit in less than 24 episodes, but that doesn't seem to be the case from the PV. If it's adapting 2 arcs it would need more than 24 eps
The thing is that I haven't read the LN so I don't exactly understand how this would go, and I basically just reposted Ice's peak here lol. But there seems to be other LN readers on this thread who seem to have an idea of stuff. I should read the LN sometime tbh.
Mar 25, 2023 8:52 AM

Jan 2019
I will leak Kadokawa's plan for Re:Zero like how I leaked Season 3 announcement & release date;

Re:Zero Season 3 is 39 episodes split into 3-cours with 13 Episode each containing both Arc 5 + Arc 6.

Cour 1 (2024) - Arc 5
Cour 2 (2025) - Arc 5 + 6
Cour 3 (2026) - Arc 6
EX + IF Complete Adaptations (2027-2028)

Mar 25, 2023 9:14 AM

Jan 2021
Hopefully, if this is true, this just means that it'll be split into several cours

Mar 25, 2023 9:19 AM

May 2015
is it confirmed they'll cove arc 6?
Mar 25, 2023 10:01 AM
Feb 2022
CreepHazard said:
MugiwaraJopa said:

What I've understood from others on this thread who are LN readers is that arc 5 would fit in less than 24 episodes, but that doesn't seem to be the case from the PV. If it's adapting 2 arcs it would need more than 24 eps
The thing is that I haven't read the LN so I don't exactly understand how this would go, and I basically just reposted Ice's peak here lol. But there seems to be other LN readers on this thread who seem to have an idea of stuff. I should read the LN sometime tbh.
Yeah, you have got most parts correctly.Even tho both Arc 5 and Arc 6 are of 5 volumes each, Arc 5 is heavily action oriented (which also means that the studio will need to put some real effort in this). Since, it's mostly action it can be properly animated with about 15 extended episodes. It also has the highest character development of all existing characters in any Arc, so not much can be cut from here either. And, arc 6 is again mostly focused on thriller/mystery/psychological, which is more true to the original Re zero theme. This is most likely the best arc till now, so they definitely can't cut much from here at all. So, overall if they want to provide a complete experience with very less cut scenes and good pacing, 35-40 extended eps would be the best bet.
Mar 25, 2023 10:03 AM

Jul 2020
Why is your font like that ? -_-

Scordolo's Recent Reviews
To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Mar 25, 2023 10:12 AM

Mar 2021
CreepHazard said:
MugiwaraJopa said:

Same here lol. I'm an anime only yet it looks like everyone who replied to me assumed I'm a reader too, looks like there's lots of readers out there

They seem pretty unfazed about having an unconventional number of episodes... it's so rare for anime to get above 24eps, so I'm kinda skeptical. But here's hoping they're all correct.

Mar 25, 2023 10:48 AM

Apr 2021
Scordolo said:
Why is your font like that ? -_-

I honestly don't know lmao
Mar 25, 2023 11:00 AM

Dec 2020
Okeanix said:
I will leak Kadokawa's plan for Re:Zero like how I leaked Season 3 announcement & release date;

Re:Zero Season 3 is 39 episodes split into 3-cours with 13 Episode each containing both Arc 5 + Arc 6.

Cour 1 (2024) - Arc 5
Cour 3 (2026) - Arc 6
It won't be this slow, you're underestimating production.
A more realistic look would be (assuming production starts now):
2024 - Cour 1 (24-26 episodes) - Arc 5 + beginning of arc 6 (up until the "turning point") volumes 16-22
2025 - Cour 2 (12-13 episodes) - The rest of arc 6 23 - 25
vaedeerMar 25, 2023 11:04 AM
Mar 25, 2023 11:33 AM

Jan 2019
vaedeer said:
Okeanix said:

Cour 1 (2024) - Arc 5
Cour 3 (2026) - Arc 6
2024 - Cour 1 (24-26 episodes) - Arc 5 + beginning of arc 6 (up until the "turning point") volumes 16-22
I still think it will be 3 Cours but delay can maybe 6 Months instead 1 Years. 

1 Cour would be the best but probably impossible for current anime industry.

Mar 25, 2023 11:49 AM

Dec 2020
Okeanix said:
vaedeer said:
I still think it will be 3 Cours but delay can maybe 6 Months instead 1 Years. 

1 Cour would be the best but probably impossible for current anime industry.
Horrible decision to split arc 5 into two cours and an unrealistic one.
Mar 25, 2023 12:10 PM
Sep 2020
Oskaroo said:

they might do 25 episodes with the 34 minute episodes like last season
Mar 25, 2023 12:29 PM

May 2022
Very excited for this. Really like the world for re:zero so any content is good.
Mar 25, 2023 12:39 PM

Jan 2018
I hope it’s a split season with 20 episodes in each part.

More topics from this board

» scene that was supposed to be at the end of season two

someone324 - Apr 23

9 by Okeanix »»
Yesterday, 9:31 AM

» Censored Anime Designs ( 1 2 )

AcceleratorAngel - Mar 23

70 by PururuGr »»
Apr 24, 12:48 PM

» Anime of the year? ( 1 2 )

filthyfrank8142 - Mar 30

60 by Rhaelynne »»
Apr 23, 9:31 PM

» Best isekai is Back Baby and

Maruseru93 - Mar 24

9 by Merve2Love »»
Apr 14, 2:40 PM

» Who's going to voice Sirius? (Spoiler)

Hadeshii - Apr 10

4 by Okeanix »»
Apr 11, 5:36 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.