Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Mar 26, 2023 3:29 PM
Feb 2012
This adaptation was supposed to be wholesome. If you want sex, go watch Ishuzoku Reviewers.
Mar 26, 2023 3:47 PM

Apr 2012
yro-san said:
This adaptation was supposed to be wholesome. If you want sex, go watch Ishuzoku Reviewers.

1. Sex isn't un-wholesome, unless you're a child that giggles when someone uses the word "vagina".

2. There IS sex in the anime. Except it's neither shown, nor alluded to, nor hinted at. Instead, the anime even tries hard to make it look like the hero did NOT have sex with her. It's bad, bad, bad.
If you haven't watched "Fantastic Children", don't talk about "best anime". Thank you.
Mar 26, 2023 8:23 PM
Jun 2015
MyllerPhiem said:
yro-san said:

1. Sex isn't un-wholesome, unless you're a child that giggles when someone uses the word "vagina".

2. There IS sex in the anime. Except it's neither shown, nor alluded to, nor hinted at. Instead, the anime even tries hard to make it look like the hero did NOT have sex with her. It's bad, bad, bad.

sir,
you started the discussion titled "help me understand" and saying that you're ok with "spoilers"
so a lot of people came in to give you their opinions
note: OPINIONS, since it is a discussion

but turns out, no, you do not want a discussion, and do not want to accept any other opinions or explanations
because you are so believe that your side of opinion is the one that is right

I wish you open the forum with title "this anime is bad, change my mind"
so that we know that this is a debate room, and not a discussion room
you want a debate, not a discussion or accept any information or opinion other than that this anime is bad

it's hard to find an analogy
if I can make one, it's like you found a wooden box that you heard something growling and moving inside it, so you thought it must be a demon inside, and asking around
and then other people who knew that there is a cat inside the box, tried to tell you that there is a cat inside the box
but no, since you cannot see the inside, and you cannot hear any cat meowing, you are content that other people saying otherwise is wrong

and there is that

and like I've said before, you have your very own right to score 1/10
no one is gonna die for it
you are entitled to your opinion
Mar 26, 2023 11:19 PM
Mar 2023
MyllerPhiem said:
jenovalive said:
3.Most anime, including this one isn't made for western audience that fussy about "wanting sexual content" , so any 1/10 from anyone outside of their audience country is just a *vacuum cleaner sound*
Fuck you, I DONT WANT SEXUAL CONTENT and I said that several times, including the OP. I want mentions of sex, insinuations or at least strong hints. The anime gave us NOTHING. The girl was pregnant out of nowhere and the hero reacted as if he had no idea either how that happened.

Stop being so obtuse.

Well, everyone simply trying to help you understand because you simply ask for it, it's simply a case of self denial for you, everyone entitled for their opinion, including yours

It's just no matter how loud your noise is, the anime will stay at it is, and may never meet your "expectations"
Mar 26, 2023 11:55 PM

Dec 2022
it was a pretty weak anime the lack of any intimate scenes of any kind at all was just one of many problems with it. but yeah it's an easy problem to focus on seeing as the sexualizing of all of the characters is so over the top, but then we are not allowed to be shown even so much as sitting next to each other and blushing or something rom-commy like that. it just ended up coming off as goofy.
a bigger problem that stood out for me was how it seemed like about half of the scenes in the show, especially action scenes or scenes which would have required any kind of character animation or detailed art, were done with chibi stickers instead of proper characters. that made it feel really cheap, maybe some people are into that but it ain't for me.
but come on OP, don't be one of those raging 1/10 people it's not THAT bad LOL
Mar 27, 2023 12:36 AM

Jan 2008
The issue for me is that there were no hints that they were even intimate save for maybe a single line or two that can easily be taken as a mistranslation or such. If they are a couple (in whatever sense yuo may want to think) I think it should not leave so many people guessing as to whether they actually are not not - it should be evident. And then we are shown that they all still have separate rooms.
And all of that would be fine - you don't want to focus the show on that, that's ok - if not for the fact that the lat episode was tunnel-visioned on the birth which is kind of ridiculous.

This show had a really weird obsession with alcohol tho' - the kid is like a week old and they're already thinking of when will he be old enough to drink? Fuckin hell man what is this shit xD
While this is by no means a 1/10 and even tho' I'm stupidly obsessed with isekai (as in - I've seen all of them, most of them multiple times) I'd still be hard pressed to give it any higher than a 5. If I still cared about ratings that is.
Mar 27, 2023 1:34 AM

Jun 2012
Werchiel said:
The issue for me is that there were no hints that they were even intimate save for maybe a single line or two that can easily be taken as a mistranslation or such. If they are a couple (in whatever sense yuo may want to think) I think it should not leave so many people guessing as to whether they actually are not not - it should be evident. And then we are shown that they all still have separate rooms.
And all of that would be fine - you don't want to focus the show on that, that's ok - if not for the fact that the lat episode was tunnel-visioned on the birth which is kind of ridiculous.

This show had a really weird obsession with alcohol tho' - the kid is like a week old and they're already thinking of when will he be old enough to drink? Fuckin hell man what is this shit xD
While this is by no means a 1/10 and even tho' I'm stupidly obsessed with isekai (as in - I've seen all of them, most of them multiple times) I'd still be hard pressed to give it any higher than a 5. If I still cared about ratings that is.

I for one agree with your statement, the show could've been more explicit on some parts, because you know, kids nowadays know a shit load more stuff about sex then a lot of old people, and I have to agree with you a 2nd time about the alcohol, dude, in this anime all they think about is booze and foking, at least a big part of the crew ( mostly the elves).
Even so this show doesn't deserve a 1 out of 10, a fair score would be somewhere between 5 and 7, and 7 is very generous if I say so myself ( I gave it a 7, I am generous like that).
Mar 27, 2023 1:44 AM

Jun 2012
I saw a post earlier about the fact that the Mc went outside when Lu was giving birth and he/she ( the one who posted) thought that it was weird, but honestly speaking what could the Mc do in this situation, he is not a doctor and he doesn't have any prior experience, the fact that he went outside under the big tree could be his way of going back at his roots literally and figuratively.
Mar 27, 2023 3:49 AM
Feb 2012
MyllerPhiem said:
yro-san said:

Sex isn't un-wholesome, you are correct. However, the public display of sex absolutely is. You are suggesting I laugh at the word "vagina", but I am not the one not getting the clues that there are indeed intimate relationships.
What you are asking for is not AT ALL needed for the story to be cohesive, and that makes you mad, because invoking scenaristic coherency is the only thing that allows you to hide the fact you're just so down bad that even hints of sexual activity would be enough to please you.

You are in absolute denial that what you want is to see the action, and try to get around that by claiming anyone who wants the story to focus on the characters, and not their sexual activities, are children who say "Ew" when they see their parents kissing. Publicly denouncing the absence of sexual themes from an anime who does not need it tells more about your relationship with intimacy than mine.

Not everything needs to be sexualised, and your comments, which do  unfortunately represent a non negligeable part of the anime community, are what lead to everything being over-sexualised in 90% of anime not targeted at children. Sex sells, that's a fact. But people mad about things not including sex is what leads to it selling.

The only thing "bad, bad , bad" here is how down bad you look to anyone with a hint of common sense.
Mar 27, 2023 3:59 AM

Apr 2012
Werchiel said:
Exactly. And there's a worse problem that arises from the "no hints": So why does the hero not have babies with all the other girls? They clearly have been interested in him, THAT was hinted at. It makes even less sense that the other girls would suddenly give up just because vampire girl somehow got pregnant.
If you haven't watched "Fantastic Children", don't talk about "best anime". Thank you.
Mar 27, 2023 3:59 AM

Apr 2012
AgelessPharaoh said:
Werchiel said:

I for one agree with your statement, the show could've been more explicit on some parts, because you know, kids nowadays know a shit load more stuff about sex then a lot of old people, and I have to agree with you a 2nd time about the alcohol, dude, in this anime all they think about is booze and foking, at least a big part of the crew ( mostly the elves).
Even so this show doesn't deserve a 1 out of 10, a fair score would be somewhere between 5 and 7, and 7 is very generous if I say so myself ( I gave it a 7, I am generous like that).
A 7, HOLY SHIT :D

Do you have a special MAL score system unlocked that goes to 20? :D
Mar 27, 2023 4:00 AM

Apr 2012
yro-san said:
MyllerPhiem said:

Sex isn't un-wholesome, you are correct. However, the public display of sex absolutely is.
And you won't find any posting in this thread where I demand that.
Mar 27, 2023 4:36 AM
Jun 2015
MyllerPhiem said:
Werchiel said:
Exactly. And there's a worse problem that arises from the "no hints": So why does the hero not have babies with all the other girls? They clearly have been interested in him, THAT was hinted at. It makes even less sense that the other girls would suddenly give up just because vampire girl somehow got pregnant.

you can see it like this:
maybe because Ru is the official wife, she does not need to show publicly that she is horny
she can just ask Hiraku directly if she want to do it
and the other girls, as the "side girls", need to fight with each other to show the hots
you can see this kind of thing in stories such as in Chinese imperial kingdom and the harems, where the queen does not really need to compete with other concubines as she has highest authority

also, some mentioned about the are sleeping in separate rooms (can't remember is it in this thread or the other)
I've personally asked my Japanese friend just today
and while it is not common, it is not unusual either in Japan
especially if they own a house, not in an apartment, because the limitation is more of the space
and even if you are in the same room, if you are using futon to sleep, you are technically using separate beds
Mar 27, 2023 4:47 AM
Feb 2012
MyllerPhiem said:
yro-san said:

Sex isn't un-wholesome, you are correct. However, the public display of sex absolutely is.

Not implicitly, correct. However, needing an anime to hint that "YO, THEY FUCK", even though MC proposed to Lu the very episode we see them meeting each other, is at best childish.

I don't need people to tell me they fuck to understand it is the case if they are an adult couple. If you need that obvious fact of life, that couples are intimate with each other, to be spelled out, then that's your problem, not a storytelling one.

What you are asking for is pure voyeurism, and has nothing to do with the story. We don't need the intimate relationships of the characters to be explicitly stated to understand the dynamics.

If you complained about the fact that this adaptation is not following the original with the amount of sex the MC gets, then I would agree with you, as according to LN readers, that's a pretty big plot point. But here, there is no hint that MC has a relationship with anyone but Lu, so it does make sense that sex isn't central to the story, and needs no mention. 

If we only take into account the data we have from the anime, MC is in a monogamous relationship with Lu. If we ever get a 2nd season, and it turns out MC has been breeding the elves as is the case in the source material, then (and only then) I'll join you in saying that we needed more indication that was the case. As it stands, absolutely not.

Contrary to what your title says, you didn't want anyone to help you "understand something". You were so convinced that people would agree with your rhetoric that you wanted validation. But no, not everyone has a sex centric view of anime, no matter how mad you get about it. 

Seriously... A 1/10 because sex wasn't mentioned. Who's a child again?
Mar 27, 2023 4:52 AM

Jan 2008
undeed said:
MyllerPhiem said:

also, some mentioned about the are sleeping in separate rooms (can't remember is it in this thread or the other)
especially if they own a house, not in an apartment, because the limitation is more of the space
and even if you are in the same room, if you are using futon to sleep, you are technically using separate beds
Uhm yeah - it was this thread. And it was me... in the post that you are quoting.
Mar 27, 2023 5:04 AM
Jun 2015
Werchiel said:
undeed said:

Uhm yeah - it was this thread. And it was me... in the post that you are quoting.
ahaha, sorry, I missed that
because kind of I remember that I also read it way before this
Mar 27, 2023 5:32 AM

Jun 2012
MyllerPhiem said:
AgelessPharaoh said:

A 7, HOLY SHIT :D

Do you have a special MAL score system unlocked that goes to 20? :D
Told you I am generous like that, but even if it doesn't deserve such a grade and it deserves something lower, a 1/10 is quite low, even if I were to search for every mistake this show made. 
Funny thing is that this is quite popular, on a certain facebook group that made a poll about the best isekai anime in the last decade, this one was on the 6th place, far above shows like re;zero, konosuba and some other well knows shows.  
Mar 27, 2023 5:49 AM

Apr 2012
yro-san said:
MyllerPhiem said:

Not implicitly, correct. However, needing an anime to hint that "YO, THEY FUCK", even though MC proposed to Lu the very episode we see them meeting each other, is at best childish.
The MC never proposed to Lu in any serious manner. And even then there was zero hint at romantic activities. If this was a hollywood movie, every critic would give the movie shit for this, rightfully so. Let's stop forgiving shitty anime for being shitty. And stop being a hyper-prude by calling hints at romantic activity "horny". It's normal. Really normal.
Mar 27, 2023 6:11 AM
Feb 2012
MyllerPhiem said:
yro-san said:

The MC never proposed to Lu in any serious manner. And even then there was zero hint at romantic activities. If this was a hollywood movie, every critic would give the movie shit for this, rightfully so. Let's stop forgiving shitty anime for being shitty. And stop being a hyper-prude by calling hints at romantic activity "horny". It's normal. Really normal.
If introducing themselves as a couple to Tia right away isn't anything serious, then I wonder what is in your opinion.
Not needing hints at romantic activity to know it exists is not being "hyper-prude", it's having common sense.

If you're so intent to answer to everyone disagreeing with you by only addressing one sentence per comment, then answer this one: Why exactly did you ask people to help you "understand something", if you've never had any intention of listening to opinions that don't align with yours? 
Genuinely curious about this one, as I'm inclined to just think you're an attention whore who thrives on argument, but am willing to give you the benefit of the doubt if there's a legitimate reason for your "question" besides creating conflict.
Mar 27, 2023 6:33 AM
Jun 2015

hmm, yeah,
no, no, no, truly, not serious at all, not even in a slightest at any measurable amount
what is this again? ow, yeah, it is an anime, a slice of life, not even romance
and who is this intended for again? ow, right, it is for teenagers at the age of 13 and above, it is a kid's anime
hmm...
yeah... it is shit, it is garbage
right, guys?
even ex-arm is way better that this
right?

and not hollywood movie
hm...

I'm done
Mar 27, 2023 7:45 AM

Nov 2019
MyllerPhiem said:
Suddenly the vampire girl was pregnant. The hero acts as if they never had sex. The other girls, who all wanted the hero's dick, show zero sign of jealousy. 

Am I supposed to think she got pregnant without sex? :/

This shit is so bad. I read some idiot post in another thread "I'm glad it's not over the top". Really? Her asking him "stay with me tonight" and then the screen fading to black would have been "over the top"? Give me a break ...

This anime has been super vanilla for the entire course, but to go as far as to feature pregnancy without sex is just crass and is even worse in today's world that becomes more prude with each day. It's prude, it's implausible, and nobody's reactions made any sense. It really annoys me a lot and I'm a bout to give it a 1/10 score.

Hell, MC isn't even the only male there. There are little boys, lizardmen, dwarfs, etc. Must be something behind the scene.
Help! I need somebody. Help! Not just anybody. Help! You know I need someone. Helpppppp!

Mar 27, 2023 8:02 AM

Apr 2012
yro-san said:
MyllerPhiem said:
If introducing themselves as a couple to Tia right away isn't anything serious, then I wonder what is in your opinion.
Not needing hints at romantic activity to know it exists is not being "hyper-prude", it's having common sense.

If you're so intent to answer to everyone disagreeing with you by only addressing one sentence per comment, then answer this one: Why exactly did you ask people to help you "understand something", if you've never had any intention of listening to opinions that don't align with yours? 
Genuinely curious about this one, as I'm inclined to just think you're an attention whore who thrives on argument, but am willing to give you the benefit of the doubt if there's a legitimate reason for your "question" besides creating conflict.
SHE WAS PREGNANT OUT OF NOWHERE AND THE HERO HAD REPEATEDLY SAID THAT HE HAS NO INTEREST IN THE GIRLS. 

And I can't believe one of you tries to use the humorous scene from episode 2 as proof for their romantic activities. :/

Lastly, stop being dumb. Google "rhethoric question".
Mar 27, 2023 8:30 AM

Dec 2014
Adaptation was just very watered down.

It was also heavily implied for like the whole season and you have to be extremely unaware to notice what's going on, it was obvious sense like episode 3-4 that hes fucking both the angel and the vampire in a regular basis.

Mar 27, 2023 9:35 AM
Feb 2012
MyllerPhiem said:
yro-san said:

SHE WAS PREGNANT OUT OF NOWHERE AND THE HERO HAD REPEATEDLY SAID THAT HE HAS NO INTEREST IN THE GIRLS. 

And I can't believe one of you tries to use the humorous scene from episode 2 as proof for their romantic activities. :/

Lastly, stop being dumb. Google "rhethoric question".
Attention whore who thrives on argument it is then, noted.
Mar 27, 2023 12:21 PM

Oct 2012
Exactly. If I knew this gay ass shit had zero hareming I'd have dropped it at the beginning.
Mar 29, 2023 10:29 PM
Oct 2020
Nah I totally understand you bro they tried to make this palatable to people who just want ‘the idea’ of a relationship but only comes off corny
Mar 30, 2023 7:25 AM

Jul 2014
OGSenna said:
LostSpectre said:
You clearly didn't understand the reason I brought up post counts to begin with, any more useless quips to add or are we done here?
I don't care enough to understand what goes on in the head of someone who is so present in an online forum. What I do understand is that you wouldn't be asking if we're done here if you truly wanted to be done here; because you could just not respond and be done here. :)

The guy probably just want to increase his posting number that's why he always reply meaninglessly, i've met plenty of people with those thousands posting number like that, sometimes some of them turn things into unnecessary debate..

But that's just my take, tbf idk why people need to feel superior about post count, it's not like some sort of achievement or anything, it just makes people know you have your eyes on forum most of the time, which suggesting something on people's perspective.
Mar 30, 2023 7:28 AM
Fuwa_san

Mar 2013
I lost brain cell reading this thread asking for sex scene.
Mar 30, 2023 8:44 PM

Apr 2012
xkazutox said:
I lost brain cells when a  girl in a harem anime got pregnant without any hint at sex.
Mar 31, 2023 9:46 AM

Sep 2012
cause hatters gonna hate 

Mar 31, 2023 9:52 AM

Sep 2012
MyllerPhiem said:
xkazutox said:
I lost brain cells when a  girl in a harem anime got pregnant without any hint at sex.
have u ever heard of offscreen events? in this case offscreen sex
Apr 2, 2023 1:07 PM
Community Mod
Aug 2019
Thread Locked.

While the thread was not framed the best way there was barely any relevant discussion. Most posts consisted of back-and-forth insults and off-topic conversations with heaping amounts of violations(trolling and abuse).

In accordance with the board-specific rules please remember to follow the Site Guidelines as well to further prevent violations.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Season 2?

Grimm0123 - Dec 10, 2023

23 by SassyBug »»
Apr 30, 3:44 PM

Poll: » Isekai Nonbiri Nouka Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 3, 2023

62 by f1ndANIMEfind1ng »»
Apr 26, 11:54 PM

» HE DID GET L A I D RIGHT??????

Jigglephysic - Feb 3, 2023

23 by Sch4n »»
Apr 8, 4:11 AM

Poll: » Isekai Nonbiri Nouka Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2023

169 by ODOAKRI-Dubber »»
Feb 20, 5:15 AM

Poll: » Best Girl

JiangHaoyi1979 - Feb 14, 2023

17 by Youre_boyIruma »»
Feb 3, 9:15 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.