Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Mar 15, 2023 9:40 PM

Dec 2020
never i will watch anything i can if it's my cup of tea I will even watch something bad.

sometimes people just straight up rate things low because it's short or unfinished (3~ episodes for an example) which is bullshit, there's also people with their own rating systems and botted scores so it can't really be too trusted

although I do use it as a general guideline as the average people think of it like "yeah if it's 6/10 it'll probably a bit mid"
I like Közi a healthy amount.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
This is no joke I'm really going to do it this time.
Mar 15, 2023 9:48 PM

Jan 2021
A lot of my favourite shows are rated below 7 so i just watch it off first impressions.  Some 8+ shows that i expect to be good end up being trash and some shows less then 7 end up being great
Mar 15, 2023 10:15 PM
Feb 2023
in case of anime every anime has has a special feeling to it you just need to watch at a good time rating does not matter 
Mar 15, 2023 10:32 PM
May 2021
Gator said:
Seems like most people pay the MAL score no mind, like I did until today. Guess that was to be expected, still interesting.

I think the MAL score is a general rating, but also depending on how old the anime is, especially with younger viewers getting into it, they'll more than likely pass on it, or not watch it and give a shit rating, or like I said overhype the shit out of it.

I was watching anime before MAL existed, so fuck this place, just kidding...

It's just a site to organize your list to me.

Nah, I take that back, I do appreciate their archives for anime being released throughout the years and have taken advantage of that in finding older anime, but then again that presents another challenge.

Once a series gets lost through time or other circumstances, that's it.
Mar 16, 2023 8:58 PM

Feb 2023
Gator said:
PotatoSpoon said:

All things aside, that's a pretty good question to ask.

It's going to sound like a nothing answer as well as "yes and no" but it depends on quite a bit I feel.

Such as:
----------

1. My desire to watch anime I found intriguing in the past and never had the chance to watch them at time (money, time, etc.)

2. If the art is something I'am interested in (then it goes into animation/story from there. VO's can be a problem, but I feel like I'am not too picky in that regard)

3. What mood I'am in

ummm...I had more to say but it's escaping me right now, I'll provide an update whenever I can remember just in case you or anyone cares to know.

And I really can't comment on the ecchi aspect, as I haven't really went out of my way to watch any and haven't been engaged in the recent past by what I've seen. The only times is when that genre is shared with other genre's from shows like like Shin Cutey Honey, Desert Punk, High School of the Dead and maybe RIN: Daughters of Mayonnaise (RIN probably isn't even remotely close to ecchi but just wanted to throw it in to make an easy joke).

Haha thanks, I already assumed most people would just answer the title and not the questions at the end of the opening post xD

1. That never actually happened to me. I don't have other expensive hobbies and I can always find time for at least one episode or two a day.
2. Art/Animation can definitely make me interested in a show, but most of the time it's the characters for me. If they look interesting and I see some cool GIFs or something with the, I'm usually hooked.
3. My mood just lets me decide which anime to watch first, but that doesn't really change what I put on my PTW list.

I only know Sunabouzu and Highschool of the Dead from your ecchi list, but those are rather popular ones. HotD is actually an ecchi show I rated lower than the general public, which doesn't happen that often for popular ones.

It's no problem lol.

And for number 1, what I mostly ment is when I was in my youth and when shopping/streaming online wasn't really a thing yet.

For 2, yea, characters go along with that as well for me. Looking at cool gifs is a good idea too, I think that's what helped made me want to continue Hunter x Hunter.
Mar 16, 2023 9:01 PM
SHINING FINGER!!

Dec 2014
MAL scores don't matter to me. But, honestly, I have a TON of anime I need to rewatch and re-score. I scored a lot of them when I was younger and a lot less...judgmental. So, even my own scores are false. Many of what I judge to be a certain score will almost certainly be lower when I rewatch them and deem them to be "average". 

Unfortunately, I am biased when it comes to childhood favorites.

Either way, I will watch what looks good in terms of synopsis. Although, I don't think I've ever watched an anime that was less than a 4 on MAL....
"Whatever you lose, you’ll find it again. But what you throw away you’ll never get back."
-- HIMURA KENSHIN 

Mar 17, 2023 2:47 AM

Jul 2021
Dreezo said:
MAL scores are so inflated that i assume anything below 7 is a garbage, unless someone recomends it to me ofc.

Of course MAL scores are inflated, but the collective taste of MAL is also rather garbage.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

» Visual Novels — General Thread

Shizuna - 2 hours ago

5 by Memore »»
3 minutes ago

Poll: » Have y'all seen Rainbow?

MillerEvans23 - 10 hours ago

16 by Lucifrost »»
7 minutes ago

» Who are your enemies in the anime industry/fanbase? ( 1 2 )

Catalano - Apr 25

53 by Lucifrost »»
10 minutes ago

» What if Your Favourite Anime had the Flaws of Your Least Favourite Anime?

APolygons2 - 2 hours ago

16 by FanofAction »»
19 minutes ago

» Why do people complain about "rapey" characters in anime?

Alpha_1_Zero - Yesterday

36 by LostSpectre »»
22 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.