Forum Settings
Forums
New
Mar 10, 2023 7:57 AM

Jul 2007
it was mostly singing and nothing fun ever happened.

This was hyped up as being the greatest One Piece movie of all time, but instead what we got at best was waifu bait with a bunch of songs. This could have been anything other than One Piece, as if the One Piece brand was tacked on at the last moment just to sell this jpop artist's records or whatever.

it was like watching a disney drake and josh cory in the house high school musical. i had to pause the movie 4 times and come back to it because it was so boring. This is the worst one piece animated media ever made.
EndlessMariaMar 10, 2023 8:08 AM
☆☆☆
"There's a huge difference between one and infinity.
However, compared to the difference between
existence and non-existence, one and infinite are
nearly the same. I am the child destined to become
the best witch... no... The greatest Creator in the world...!"
-Maria Ushiromiya
☆☆☆

Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 10, 2023 8:01 AM

Jan 2017
I wouldn't say it's the worst , but the teasing/hype around it sure was disproportionate for what it finally was...
"Genius lives only one storey above madness."
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

"Stupidity is a talent for misconception."
– Edgar Allan Poe.

"I'm tired... & hungry."
– Alexioos95.
Mar 10, 2023 8:05 AM

Jun 2016
It's the second best Macross movie of the 2020s.
MEA·MENTVLA·INGENS·EST
Mar 10, 2023 8:05 AM

Jul 2007
Alexioos95 said:
I wouldn't say it's the worst , but the teasing/hype around it sure was disproportionate for what it finally was...
yeah,that threw me off as well. This was hyped up as being the greatest One Piece movie of all time, but instead what we got at best was waifu bait with a bunch of songs. This could have been anything other than One Piece, as if the One Piece brand was tacked on at the last moment just to sell this jpop artist's records or whatever.

[sorry, MAL's new forum post system thing is weird so i had to delete my initial post to quote you]
☆☆☆
-Maria Ushiromiya
☆☆☆

Mar 10, 2023 8:53 AM
Feb 2020
I don't think it's the worst because I think the 3rd and 5th movies are worse
Mar 10, 2023 9:06 AM
Sep 2021
This is like the best one piece content In years. I’d say Gold or stampede is the worst
Mar 10, 2023 9:12 AM
Oct 2020
Have you seen Stampede tho
Mar 10, 2023 9:20 AM

Jul 2007
CluelessDexter said:
Have you seen Stampede tho
Stampede is by far the best one. It stayed true to the themes of One Piece.
☆☆☆
-Maria Ushiromiya
☆☆☆

Mar 10, 2023 9:30 AM
Feb 2021
koshiguruma said:
This is like the best one piece content In years. I’d say Gold or stampede is the worst

Stampede is the best OP movie
Mar 10, 2023 9:49 AM
May 2020
U need to watch more one piece movies if u think it’s one of the worst it’s defo up there as one of the better ones tho not the best. The thing I genuinely didn’t like is how they made shanks look incompetent as a dad in the flashback cos he fully ruined utas life for no real reason. I thought the action was cool and the songs r bangers tho i definitely prefer listening to the songs on their own than in the movie
Mar 10, 2023 9:50 AM
May 2022
Not worst or not the best also.......Just created some hype in some scenes and nothing else......Pacing was too slow.........Too much music(Well i liked them tho)
All over a decent movie
Mar 10, 2023 9:54 AM
Sep 2021
Bhavya7 said:
koshiguruma said:

Bullet such a mid ahh villain. Red is way more fun and enjoyable
Mar 10, 2023 9:59 AM
Feb 2021
koshiguruma said:
Bhavya7 said:

Bullet such a mid ahh villain. Red is way more fun and enjoyable

Red was a good movie, that climax scene was too good whole theatre went wild but other than that songs every 10mins was really annoying and story was also okayish
Mar 10, 2023 10:36 AM

Sep 2021
i have not any other movie than red so can't tell, but tbh this was appalling to watch. i read all the manga then watched it but realized either way it would have been the same experience. no hate but it seems to be the worst op movie
Mar 10, 2023 10:40 AM
Sep 2021
Nah, it's atleast one of the best movies.

I loved every song. ♥️

I listen to them frequently. And I didn't know Ado before the movie.
Mar 10, 2023 10:47 AM

Jul 2007
Sanjay123 said:
U need to watch more one piece movies if u think it’s one of the worst it’s defo up there as one of the better ones tho not the best. The thing I genuinely didn’t like is how they made shanks look incompetent as a dad in the flashback cos he fully ruined utas life for no real reason. I thought the action was cool and the songs r bangers tho i definitely prefer listening to the songs on their own than in the movie
I have watched all the One Piece movies. Check my list. When I joined this site in 2007 I had already seen almost half of them.

Film Red is just fucking trash.
☆☆☆
-Maria Ushiromiya
☆☆☆

Mar 10, 2023 10:50 AM
Apr 2020
it was one of the best anime movies for me, fuilty pleasue because it was the first one that was shown in theaters in my country. first time seen anime on a big screen so got overhyped
Mar 10, 2023 12:48 PM
Apr 2021
I’ve only seen gold, strong world, stampede, z, and red. Red is my 3rd favorite. All of them are good so idk which is the worst.
Mar 10, 2023 1:25 PM

Apr 2022
nah far from it, this is top 2.
Mar 10, 2023 1:52 PM
Sep 2010
chopper and the animal kingdom is the "worst" one but even then i still enjoyed it
Mar 10, 2023 1:58 PM
Sep 2021
Morcombe1990 said:
chopper and the animal kingdom is the "worst" one but even then i still enjoyed it

For me it was the 5th movie: the curse of the sacred sword with Zoro and that Saga guy.

Chopper and the animal kingdom was atleast mostly enjoyable. 🤔
Mar 10, 2023 3:16 PM

Jul 2020
Not really the worst but nowhere near the best. The best one (imo) is movie 6, Barron Omatsuri. That one keeps you on your toes throughout the second half of the movie.
Mar 10, 2023 3:59 PM
Dec 2021
EndlessMaria said:

This was hyped up as being the greatest One Piece movie of all time, but instead what we got at best was waifu bait with a bunch of songs. This could have been anything other than One Piece, as if the One Piece brand was tacked on at the last moment just to sell this jpop artist's records or whatever.

it was like watching a disney drake and josh cory in the house high school musical. i had to pause the movie 4 times and come back to it because it was so boring. This is the worst one piece animated media ever made.

Disagreed, I like this movie, it's at its uniqueness
Mar 10, 2023 5:14 PM
Dec 2008
EndlessMaria said:

"Fun" is always subjective and while there's a lot of singing, it's part of the story.

I don't care about hype in either direction. I think it's actually a really good movie with a strong musical element. 

On the contrary, the relationships between the characters and the world make it part of One Piece, at least conceptually. 

Mar 10, 2023 6:14 PM

Oct 2021
id place it third after stampede and omatsuri castle. although z is a close 4th
“you’re immortal. Aren’t you?”
“that’s a good line, put that one on my tombstone”
-LOTGH
Mar 10, 2023 6:34 PM

Apr 2020
Just when I thought  we're going to see a movie about Shanks story and some badass action , we literally got 90% Music + 5% flashback scenes + 5% of some decent action with literally one badass 5 seconds ( HAKI scene at the end  ) .
They really knew how to hook people by making the title looks like it's going to be about shanks , while the true title should be ONE PIECE FILM : UTA . 
Glad I don't spend money on these things lol.

For your Lord has decreed that you worship none but Him. And honour your parents. If one or both of them reach old age in your care, never say to them ˹even˺ ‘ugh,’ nor yell at them. Rather, address them respectfully.
And be humble with them out of mercy, and pray, “My Lord! Be merciful to them as they raised me when I was young.”
(Holy Quran 17:23-24).

Mar 10, 2023 6:55 PM
Certified Simp

Feb 2017
Nah definitely not. There’s definitely like 3-5 movies that aren’t even worth watching
Mar 10, 2023 10:32 PM
Jan 2023
EndlessMaria said:

same I was too much bored in first half coz of songs and songs second half was good but rushed I will not say movie was worst than any coz shanks was in action I would say it's my top 4 movie....best one that I enjoyed most are film stampede , film z , film strong world I didn't enjoyed film red as others so it's at 4th number in my fav movie list...stampede was best movie coz from start to end we get continues action special appearances of warlords admirals Sabo and badass villan tbh it was better than any film imo
Mar 10, 2023 11:49 PM
Dec 2019
EndlessMaria said:

Nice troll, it’s factually the best one piece movie but you do you man.
Mar 11, 2023 5:47 AM
May 2021
overrated asf bruv
Mar 11, 2023 7:43 AM

Oct 2014
no, stampede is worse than this
Mar 11, 2023 9:02 AM
Feb 2022
i will watch it when i have time
Mar 11, 2023 10:52 AM

Jun 2012
RequiemLo64 said:
EndlessMaria said:

Trolling is your personal opinion labeled as a "fact" lmao
Mar 11, 2023 12:39 PM
Dec 2019
Snaita said:
RequiemLo64 said:

No clearly this is a troll, cause if he really didn’t like the movie, why would he think making a thread that doesn’t encourage discussion or anyone else cares that he doesn’t like the movie, it’s not that deep.
Mar 11, 2023 4:04 PM

Jun 2012
RequiemLo64 said:
Snaita said:

No clearly this is a troll, cause if he really didn’t like the movie, why would he think making a thread that doesn’t encourage discussion or anyone else cares that he doesn’t like the movie, it’s not that deep.

How does it not encourage discussion? He literally made a question, asking for opinion... I don't really see you pointing out as trolling the other few threads that just say something along the lines of "Best One Piece Movie Ever" with no questions asked, I guess it's fine only pointing out trolling in threads that just don't align with your opinion
Mar 11, 2023 4:12 PM
Dec 2019
Snaita said:
RequiemLo64 said:

How does it not encourage discussion? He literally made a question, asking for opinion... I don't really see you pointing out as trolling the other few threads that just say something along the lines of "Best One Piece Movie Ever" with no questions asked, I guess it's fine only pointing out trolling in threads that just don't align with your opinion

Simple he’s asking a question that’s already answered, could’ve just asked if anyone else didn’t like the movie, it’s the best one piece movie to date, that’s not an opinion, if you do the research you’ll see what I mean but if you want to have opinions I really don’t care but if you’re just gonna troll which he is obviously is if you’re just pointing out a bunch of U problems instead of discussing the movie itself then how else am I supposed to respond cause that doesn’t encourage discussion.
Mar 11, 2023 4:56 PM

Jun 2012
RequiemLo64 said:
Snaita said:

Simple he’s asking a question that’s already answered, could’ve just asked if anyone else didn’t like the movie, it’s the best one piece movie to date, that’s not an opinion, if you do the research you’ll see what I mean but if you want to have opinions I really don’t care but if you’re just gonna troll which he is obviously is if you’re just pointing out a bunch of U problems instead of discussing the movie itself then how else am I supposed to respond cause that doesn’t encourage discussion.

I guess you failed to see that his thread already sparked a lot of discussion about the movie, except for your replies and mine...

No it's not the best One Piece movie. I don't know what kind of resarch you made, but if you had done it right you would have notice that every new One Piece movie after it comes out is always labelled as the best because of the hype. We got this "The best movie ever" when the movies were released yearly and it's still the same now when they come out every now and then, some were probably the best but this one after being available only has a score 7.90 and dropping where almost all other movies had scores above 8 after release and some still have scores above 8... so no, no matter how you put it RED is not the best and I doubt it will be remembered in a few years like people remember Omatsuri (I think it's this one) (2005), Z (2012) and Strong World (2009).
It's a pitty, One Piece movies used to be different than other anime movies, they used to have original stories and original characters now it's all just flashy (not that I don't like flashy, I'm a sucker for Sakuga animation to be honest) and formulaic, they add some random canon in them and it's the "best thing ever" like a Marvel movie
SnaitaMar 11, 2023 5:16 PM
Mar 11, 2023 5:25 PM
Dec 2019
Snaita said:
RequiemLo64 said:

I guess you failed to see that his thread already sparked a lot of discussion about the movie, except for your replies and mine...

No it's not the best One Piece movie. I don't know what kind of resarch you made, but if you had done it right you would have notice that every new One Piece movie after it comes out is always labelled as the best because of the hype. We got this "The best movie ever" when the movies were released yearly and it's still the same now when they come out every now and then, some were probably the best but this one after being available only has a score 7.90 and dropping where almost all other movies had scores above 8 after release and some still have scores above 8... so no, no matter how you put it RED is not the best and I doubt it will be remembered in a few years like people remember Omatsuri (I think it's this one) (2005), Z (2012) and Strong World (2009).
It's a pitty, One Piece movies used to be different than other anime movies, they used to have original stories and original characters now it's all just flashy (not that I don't like flashy, I'm a sucker for Sakuga animation to be honest) and formulaic, they add some random canon in them and it's the "best thing ever" like a Marvel movie

Wdym? Everyone saying their own thing, this thread doesn’t encourage any discussion, but I guess you failed to see that yourself but that’s whatevs to me.

Yes it is the best one piece movie, there have been plenty pretimeskip movies, most never even seen ‘em, even going back to watching them they’re great but not anything to ride home about till we get to strong world, as a stand alone movie, it’s phenomenal, in comparison, it’s solid, definitely some good key moments to look back at, then we get to post tiemskip movies, Z set the bar, gold and stampede didn’t reach, Red hits the bar and sets a new one cause it gives you more one piece than Z does despite staying in a single setting, luffy chasing Zephyr and taking L’s back to back, until they draw in battle and zephyr sacrificing himself so the neo marines and the strawhats can gtfo, is good but not anything to ride home about, the tone was serious from start to finish and a great watch, Red on the other hand gives exploration, battles, backstory, fire music from start to finish at moments that warrant uta’s songs, and a resolution you either love or hate due to the climax bringing your emotions to an all time high, no one piece movie has done that before, the rest have just kept you watching from start to finish, MaL aside it’s done numbers the rest couldn’t even reach so Idky you’re bothering talking about my research when you’re just talking for the sake of talking, not everyone has to think the same as the majority of course there’s gonna be a few rats who wanna discredit greatness when they can, if dude wanted to encourage discussion maybe elaborate rather than gives us your U problems and bitchy attempt to troll.
Mar 11, 2023 6:39 PM

Dec 2013
Stampede was definitely worse. The fight against the giant was a chore in the movie.
Mar 11, 2023 9:40 PM

Jun 2016
Theo1899 said:
It's the second best Macross movie of the 2020s.
XD

yeah I guess is like Macross, is musical after all not OP thing...

As a musical I guess is alright, I liked the music.

But certainly is wasn't worth ruining the end of Wano just to put Shanks there at last moment just to sell the movie that isn't even for him but for this nothing character that they recon into luffy and Shank past I we are suppose to buy just because...
Mar 11, 2023 9:57 PM

Feb 2010
Madoka scene was too long, after finishing it I almost gave it a 7 on Art alone though, it was beautiful. But it sucked anyway so I gave it a 4.
Stop the sequels high-ranking stupidity.
Group franchises in Top Anime page.
Because Gintama is just "one" anime and not 5.
Mar 12, 2023 12:19 AM

May 2020
Not really!!!

But its not the best either!!!

Pacing was too fast!!!

Uta is a badly written yandere!!!

Decent songs but nothing to write home about!!!

Z is still the best OP movie!!!

Atleast it reminds me alot of PMMM since ive waited on the sequel for so long!!!
" Kindness can sometimes lead you to trouble. "

Mar 12, 2023 12:25 AM
Feb 2023
Is my favorite One Piece film
Mar 12, 2023 4:10 AM

Jun 2012
RequiemLo64 said:
Snaita said:

Wdym? Everyone saying their own thing, this thread doesn’t encourage any discussion, but I guess you failed to see that yourself but that’s whatevs to me.

Yes it is the best one piece movie, there have been plenty pretimeskip movies, most never even seen ‘em, even going back to watching them they’re great but not anything to ride home about till we get to strong world, as a stand alone movie, it’s phenomenal, in comparison, it’s solid, definitely some good key moments to look back at, then we get to post tiemskip movies, Z set the bar, gold and stampede didn’t reach, Red hits the bar and sets a new one cause it gives you more one piece than Z does despite staying in a single setting,  luffy chasing Zephyr and taking L’s back to back, until they draw in battle and zephyr sacrificing himself so the neo marines and the strawhats can gtfo, is good but not anything to ride home about, the tone was serious from start to finish and a great watch, Red on the other hand gives exploration, battles, backstory, fire music from start to finish at moments that warrant uta’s songs, and a resolution you either love or hate due to the climax bringing your emotions to an all time high, no one piece movie has done that before, the rest have just kept you watching from start to finish, MaL aside it’s done numbers the rest couldn’t even reach so Idky you’re bothering talking about my research when you’re just talking for the sake of talking, not everyone has to think the same as the majority of course there’s gonna be a few rats who wanna discredit greatness when they can, if dude wanted to encourage discussion maybe elaborate rather than gives us your U problems and bitchy attempt to troll.
You pretty much sum up your bias, you do you too I guess...
Mar 12, 2023 4:11 AM
Dec 2019
Snaita said:
RequiemLo64 said:

Yes it is the best one piece movie, there have been plenty pretimeskip movies, most never even seen ‘em, even going back to watching them they’re great but not anything to ride home about till we get to strong world, as a stand alone movie, it’s phenomenal, in comparison, it’s solid, definitely some good key moments to look back at, then we get to post tiemskip movies, Z set the bar, gold and stampede didn’t reach, Red hits the bar and sets a new one cause it gives you more one piece than Z does despite staying in a single setting,  luffy chasing Zephyr and taking L’s back to back, until they draw in battle and zephyr sacrificing himself so the neo marines and the strawhats can gtfo, is good but not anything to ride home about, the tone was serious from start to finish and a great watch, Red on the other hand gives exploration, battles, backstory, fire music from start to finish at moments that warrant uta’s songs, and a resolution you either love or hate due to the climax bringing your emotions to an all time high, no one piece movie has done that before, the rest have just kept you watching from start to finish, MaL aside it’s done numbers the rest couldn’t even reach so Idky you’re bothering talking about my research when you’re just talking for the sake of talking, not everyone has to think the same as the majority of course there’s gonna be a few rats who wanna discredit greatness when they can, if dude wanted to encourage discussion maybe elaborate rather than gives us your U problems and bitchy attempt to troll.
You pretty much sum up your bias, you do you too I guess...

Ho- you know what, you do you too, to each their own.
Mar 12, 2023 9:08 AM
Mar 2011
you are the worst! i downloaded 45gb bluray and it was worth! go cry under a rock loser!
Mar 12, 2023 9:22 AM
Jul 2022
EndlessMaria said:

ok this movie had its flaws, however, i loved it nonetheless, the music was just extraordinary and the character uta was done really well, however she didn't get enough time to show her character and how /why she changed to destroy everything, she basically broke and became psychotic towards the end.but i still liked and teared up cause of how beautiful the music was,its my favorite op movie by far
Mar 12, 2023 5:00 PM

Jul 2022
I don't think it's 'worst'
But I do agree, compared to the previous few movies. This one isn't that great.

I expected more, especially after those 'trailers/ads'.

This is one of those movies I fine with watched it once. Probably will not gonna re-watch it again.
Mar 14, 2023 7:53 PM
Mar 2017
I was okay, but wayyyyy more singing than I thought it was gonna be. The hype around it really made no sense
Mar 17, 2023 6:31 AM

Sep 2015
Had you even watched this at theaters though? The music hits so different in the auditoriums with the 7.1 surround dolby atmos speakers, that plays out the music so differently from each speakers. It's not the same as watching it from screen where it sounds flat. The 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th and 7th music that played were so engaging and immersive at theaters. I don't know what you are talking about AND ITS LITERALLY MARKETED FOR MUSIC, pay attention. This is new and different thing that the director of code geass has planned and made.

And are you forgetting WCI had disney style music too?
AhriTheS3xyFoxMar 17, 2023 6:38 AM
August 6th 2023: Biggest upset ever, deception, selfishness, or scammed, manipulated. Heavy damage costs, and more. Days since: 15 Last updated: 8/21/2023

One Piece Episode 1041 & 1042 & 1047 & 1048 & 95.75%/1049 & 1053 were a mistake and Uta brought the salvation -AhriTheS3xyFox

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Film: Red Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Usopp8000 - Aug 5, 2022

253 by wallus81 »»
Apr 25, 11:47 PM

Poll: » Best Film Red Song (Since the movie is now out on streaming services)

Cestlavie_ - Mar 7, 2023

18 by Itzmespooky »»
Jun 7, 2023 5:45 PM

» So where is Kyuubey???

Hitagi__Furude - Mar 11, 2023

5 by Lightzter »»
Mar 13, 2023 9:47 PM

» One Piece FILM RED is Confirmed to be 4th Highest-Grossing Anime Film Worldwide!

Ridzaxster - Feb 17, 2023

8 by yonkoakagami4 »»
Mar 12, 2023 6:59 PM

» Question about emperor of the seas (SPOILERS!!)

Ania_BH - Mar 9, 2023

7 by R77Prodigy »»
Mar 11, 2023 12:04 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.