Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Feb 27, 2023 12:57 AM
May 2021
Do you think MAL will ever fix episode count or separate the Chinese episodes from the Japanese episodes? It would be nice to have the two separated so it reflects actual episode count. 
Feb 27, 2023 2:21 AM

Dec 2021
100%, they need to.

I watched the (Honestly menacingly hard to find) Mandarin dub, and I found it extremely enjoyable, but feel annoyed that since most people watched the Japanese dub, the episode discussion pages are completely worthless. The fact that Crunchyroll handled the episodes and Seasons completely differently from the Mandarin dub, effectively making it its own thing, I think that is completely asinine, especially since everything here is still set up for the Mandarin dub and it's two seasons, and short episode length, despite it not even being officially accessible anymore. So absolutely, MAL I should have something set up to deal with episode split issues like this with donghua, because a situation like this will certainly crop up again. It would be hard to implement without fragmenting things, but it would probably please quite a lot of MAL users who are here to talk about donghua.
Daviljoe193Feb 27, 2023 2:24 AM
Opinions are opinions, and differing opinions can co-exist. 🙂 But I don't do debate, life's too short to spend time debating people.
Feb 27, 2023 2:38 AM
May 2021
Daviljoe193 said:
So absolutely, MAL I should have something set up to deal with episode split issues like this with donghua, because a situation like this will certainly crop up again. It would be hard to implement without fragmenting things, but it would probably please quite a lot of MAL users who are here to talk about donghua.

I agree. It has bothered me quite a lot. Having it sit in my watching list even though I’m done bothers me. They also have only the 10 episodes listed in the profile but then keep the count at 20. Originally they were separate and they had Ling Qi at 20 episodes and Spiritpact at 10 episodes under the two titles. They do that with all the remakes why would they not do it with this as well?

I also have no idea how to go about bringing attention to it properly. So 🤷 I guess

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ling Qi Episode 4 Discussion

Stardew - Sep 10, 2016

9 by Celestriarts »»
Feb 6, 3:30 PM

» Where is Spiritpact?

Wrath - Jan 29, 2017

34 by animesamsur »»
Jan 14, 11:05 PM

» Save yourself the trouble. (spoilers about seasons)

Konani - Dec 16, 2021

11 by quercifolia »»
Aug 26, 2023 4:21 PM

Poll: » Ling Qi Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

R_TF - Jul 21, 2016

78 by Roch2001 »»
Dec 18, 2022 3:38 AM

Poll: » Ling Qi Episode 20 Discussion

lihle808 - Dec 8, 2016

16 by bushman66 »»
Jan 31, 2022 7:15 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.