Forum Settings
Forums
My Youth Romantic Comedy Is Wrong, As I Expected (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 25, 2023 2:42 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
I think I will need quite awhile to really express everything I want to say after reading this final volume, but what I can say is that it finishes the series on an extremely HIGH note, having finished it barely 2 days ago, I still feel like this volume is a 10/10 and for now have rated the whole series has a 10, when many of the volumes come very FAR from reaching such a mark, but the summ of everything, with this volume as a send off, really hits full marks to make a worthy final volume, also being rather LONG.

Will comeback to detail things better, it does help me clear my head about this better, and this is one of those series I actually want to bother and take my time for this, it deserves such treatment!

A few points:
- Wasnt expecting the confession to be soo late in the novel, considering I knew the writter still wanted to write quite a bit after, but this novel was that long, he was able to tie in most things;
- What I dont like about these past volumes is the lack of Yukino's presence, in a way Yui had a lot more time, and when I most like is to see Yukino and Hachiman's banter, that certainly feels disappointing;
- Despite that, I really enjoyed Yui development, people saying she would be seen at a less good impression once you read what she was doing on the LN for these final parts... I just cant really agree, she was a girl in love and tbh, she handled it very well;
- I know there is a vol14.5, that I plan to read, but I expected this volume to have more light-hearted scenes of both leads as a couple, like I want to see that dinner with Yukino family, A LOT, hopefully 14.5 will adress that?!
- I have read the official translation, and I definitly want to go read a few excerpts of the fantranslation, because at many points I feel the official release was a bit vague in how it worded stuff out, even more so for the though processes of the characters, which was problem, big one, to fully understand some character's decisions, like the reaction Yukino had after Hikki "stole" her opportunity to be Student Council President;
- But that vagueness is surely in part on purpose from the writter and I like that too, and agree with what he said on the afterwords for this final volume (might have to quote that here later);

There is a lot to digest, but there is no point rushing, noneless, easily one of the better LNs I have read and the development of Hachiman is one of my favorites from evertything I have read, it is not very in your face apparent, but such a drastic change, and an organic one at that, form where he starts, to where we end up, I really make consider to add him to my favorites, I felt like an older brother looking over him on this journey of self discovery and hardship and that was definitly the most precious thing I had from reading this series.
I m very proud of him, he struggled, a lot, gave up, but learnt and in the end overcame in his own way, what he become in the end doesnt tarnish the start of his journey, it was not a forceful change at all, feels logical for him to come to such a conclusion, and the final pages of the last chapter, very fitting to end such a series, those two illustrations, were all the message I needed, words were unneeded.

Will definitly have to return and edit this comment, possibily after giving a few volumes that were fantranslated a quick read, and I definitly want to read vol14.5, and even so the sequel stuff that many disregard.

But for now, while I m riding the hype I feel, 2 days later, the rating I give this volume alone is what I also want to give overall to series as a complete journey:
9.5/ 10 = 10

Mod Edit: Modified title for clarity and/or easier searching.
PlaycoolFeb 25, 2023 11:11 AM
Mar 7, 2023 5:41 AM

Aug 2020
Playcool said:
I think I will need quite awhile to really express everything I want to say after reading this final volume, but what I can say is that it finishes the series on an extremely HIGH note, having finished it barely 2 days ago, I still feel like this volume is a 10/10 and for now have rated the whole series has a 10, when many of the volumes come very FAR from reaching such a mark, but the summ of everything, with this volume as a send off, really hits full marks to make a worthy final volume, also being rather LONG.

Will comeback to detail things better, it does help me clear my head about this better, and this is one of those series I actually want to bother and take my time for this, it deserves such treatment!

A few points:
- Wasnt expecting the confession to be soo late in the novel, considering I knew the writter still wanted to write quite a bit after, but this novel was that long, he was able to tie in most things;
- What I dont like about these past volumes is the lack of Yukino's presence, in a way Yui had a lot more time, and when I most like is to see Yukino and Hachiman's banter, that certainly feels disappointing;
- Despite that, I really enjoyed Yui development, people saying she would be seen at a less good impression once you read what she was doing on the LN for these final parts... I just cant really agree, she was a girl in love and tbh, she handled it very well;
- I know there is a vol14.5, that I plan to read, but I expected this volume to have more light-hearted scenes of both leads as a couple, like I want to see that dinner with Yukino family, A LOT, hopefully 14.5 will adress that?!
- I have read the official translation, and I definitly want to go read a few excerpts of the fantranslation, because at many points I feel the official release was a bit vague in how it worded stuff out, even more so for the though processes of the characters, which was problem, big one, to fully understand some character's decisions, like the reaction Yukino had after Hikki "stole" her opportunity to be Student Council President;
- But that vagueness is surely in part on purpose from the writter and I like that too, and agree with what he said on the afterwords for this final volume (might have to quote that here later);

There is a lot to digest, but there is no point rushing, noneless, easily one of the better LNs I have read and the development of Hachiman is one of my favorites from evertything I have read, it is not very in your face apparent, but such a drastic change, and an organic one at that, form where he starts, to where we end up, I really make consider to add him to my favorites, I felt like an older brother looking over him on this journey of self discovery and hardship and that was definitly the most precious thing I had from reading this series.
I m very proud of him, he struggled, a lot, gave up, but learnt and in the end overcame in his own way, what he become in the end doesnt tarnish the start of his journey, it was not a forceful change at all, feels logical for him to come to such a conclusion, and the final pages of the last chapter, very fitting to end such a series, those two illustrations, were all the message I needed, words were unneeded.

Will definitly have to return and edit this comment, possibily after giving a few volumes that were fantranslated a quick read, and I definitly want to read vol14.5, and even so the sequel stuff that many disregard.

But for now, while I m riding the hype I feel, 2 days later, the rating I give this volume alone is what I also want to give overall to series as a complete journey:
9.5/ 10 = 10

Good to know you enjoyed it. But I think Yui showed up less, didn't she

The last scene with Hiratsuka should've been in season 3.

Yukino has a dialogue in the last volume, so check it.

Mar 7, 2023 9:40 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
KitsuFrost said:
Playcool said:

A few points:

9.5/ 10 = 10

Good to know you enjoyed it. But I think Yui showed up less, didn't she

The last scene with Hiratsuka should've been in season 3.

Yukino has a dialogue in the last volume, so check it.

After reading the last 2 volumes my impression is that Yui had a lot more screentime that Yukino ever had, so that is why I said that.

By last volume you mean vol14.5 yes? I have yet to read that.
Jun 27, 2023 2:24 AM

May 2020
And so it is finally over. Honestly, I didn’t really enjoy this series that much but Hachiman x Yukino was worth going through 18 novels.

More topics from this board

» Does anyone think the anime is way better, or am I just crazy?

Eggs_Dee - Feb 20, 2023

10 by Playcool »»
Sep 10, 2023 11:39 PM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Chapter 168 Discussion

Revanzz - Jun 26, 2023

1 by Thewatcher_22 »»
Jun 26, 2023 5:25 AM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Chapter 1 Discussion

ZeroZx - Nov 10, 2012

5 by Revanzz »»
Jun 26, 2023 2:13 AM

» Worth reading? Even after seeing anime?

cloolessJok3r - Apr 3, 2022

4 by Hitagi__Furude »»
Apr 30, 2023 8:19 AM

» Is Hachiman a Buddhist?

ShuisBased2 - May 10, 2022

1 by KitsuFrost »»
Apr 8, 2023 5:49 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.