Forum Settings
Forums
New
do you agree?
Feb 5, 2023 8:23 AM

Nov 2022
i think alot of people confuse being shy with being introverted. i believe Introvert vs Extrovert is a debate on whether a person gets their energy from being alone or from being in the crowd

i believe there are shy extroverts that want to join in the crowd but dont know how and socially confident introverts that do their social obligations and then hurry back to being by themselves but what do you think
♡☆♡☆♡

Feb 5, 2023 8:29 AM
Cat Hater

Feb 2017
Well, that's technically correct, so I don't see much to discuss here. I'll only add that not all introverts have to be completely alone to recharge their energy. Being in a small group of people with whom you feel really comfortable can work just as well for some.
Feb 5, 2023 8:35 AM

Nov 2022
@149597871

56709Feb 5, 2023 8:53 AM
♡☆♡☆♡

Feb 5, 2023 8:45 AM

Oct 2022
The whole extrovert and introvert thing is pretty inaccurate either way. Personally I dont see a use in categorizing people like that.
Feb 5, 2023 8:51 AM

Aug 2022
People use introvert and extrovert wrong. Being a shy mf who can't interact with others does not make you introverted, it makes you asocial. 

Feb 5, 2023 8:54 AM

Nov 2022
Text101 said:
The whole extrovert and introvert thing is pretty inaccurate either way. Personally I dont see a use in categorizing people like that.

thats fair because situations can make a person lean more one way than the other like returning to a hometown filled with memories of being bullied vs returning to university with your new social group that makes you feel accepted or visa versa
♡☆♡☆♡

Feb 5, 2023 3:21 PM

May 2013
I feel this.

I'm super extroverted but wasn't raised in an environment that allowed to properly socially develop.

So if I'm not around people or interacting I get super lethargic and depressed but I have a hard time initiating contact with others.

♡ Harder Daddy ♡
Feb 5, 2023 3:30 PM
Dec 2017
i'm both a super shy anti social introvert.

Feb 5, 2023 4:20 PM

May 2022
I'm actually pretty shy and (if you believe internet sites) almost 100% introverted.
If it has a purpose, I can be a confident extraverted person for a period of time, which sometimes can be really funny.

I would think that because you like to have a lot of time alone, you social skills would be rather underdeveloped as a result, but actually there are a lot of confident introverts out there who have good social skills. So the opposive could be higher than expected too.
Feb 5, 2023 4:29 PM

Jul 2021
Yes, extroversion and confidence are very different things. There are very self-assured introverts as there are terribly shy extroverts.

People get them confused a lot.
Feb 16, 2023 8:59 PM

Feb 2019
I have a better one: Introverted vs shy vs antisocial vs social anxiety vs autism.
I went to a psychologist thinking that I was just introverted, shy, and with a mild social anxiety... According to her, I was just autistic (and with ADHD).
「何色になきたい?」
ー椎名ましろ
Feb 16, 2023 9:26 PM

Feb 2015
Shy people are introverted by default. Plenty of social butterflies were shy until overcoming their social phobia. I think identities like this are injurious to your development as a person as they basically place you in a box. "Oh, I don't really like xyz because I'm an introvert, so it's ok." 
Feb 17, 2023 12:27 AM
ああああああああ

Apr 2013
Yeah, you can very well be shy, and not be an introvert. Personality mismatches happen all the time, since not everyone is brought up in a way that best fits their personality.

I grew up shy, as well as introverted, and I did grow up in an environment that matched that personality, although, that is not always a good thing, as, in my case, it didn't help develop the areas that I was lacking, and so, I was horribly unprepared for the real world.

This ground is soiled by those before me and their lies. I dare not look up for on me I feel their eyes
Feb 17, 2023 7:15 AM
Jul 2021
_Nette_ said:
I feel this.

I'm super extroverted but wasn't raised in an environment that allowed to properly socially develop.

So if I'm not around people or interacting I get super lethargic and depressed but I have a hard time initiating contact with others.

I am just like this, except the last part, it's usually me who gets the ball rolling, that's how I met my husband, I initiated the conversation that allowed us to have a reason for another talk, then another and so on, and eventually starting to get closer and closer until...
It was I who pop the "question" in public and all. 

I am pretty good in first contact situation.  I just love talking to ppl, early this week, I and two very close lawyer friends were riding the metro and I over heard a group of ppl talking in Portuguese from 🇵🇹, well I introduced myself to them in Portuguese from 🇵🇹 and we had a lively chat for six or so stations. 
Me every time I hear the word "reparations": 🤣🤣🤣
Feb 17, 2023 7:35 AM

Aug 2009
Me basically:

Also, obligatory eye rolling to those confusing "antisocial" with "asocial".

Feb 17, 2023 7:38 AM

Mar 2020
It's kinda simple. An introvert is simply someone who recharges with their alone time. It has nothing to do with social acuity. Confidence and outgoing traits can be learned and mastered, being inherently introverted cannot be altered or removed, unless you yourself change drastically as a person and it changes with your brain chemistry

daily reminder to try not to take it all so seriously!
Feb 17, 2023 7:41 AM

Apr 2020
I'm not an introvert, I'm just a failed extrovert.
Feb 17, 2023 10:20 AM

May 2013
Dawizz said:
_Nette_ said:
I feel this.

I am just like this, except the last part, it's usually me who gets the ball rolling, that's how I met my husband, I initiated the conversation that allowed us to have a reason for another talk, then another and so on, and eventually starting to get closer and closer until...
It was I who pop the "question" in public and all. 

I am pretty good in first contact situation.  I just love talking to ppl, early this week, I and two very close lawyer friends were riding the metro and I over heard a group of ppl talking in Portuguese from 🇵🇹, well I introduced myself to them in Portuguese from 🇵🇹 and we had a lively chat for six or so stations. 

That's cool. I wish I could initiate more with people lol. When I was a child though I was convinced I was annoying by my parents so i got into the habit of non interaction.

Atleast with my work I'm working outside and with the public. The actual lifeline to what sanity I have lol.

♡ Harder Daddy ♡
Feb 17, 2023 12:17 PM
ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

Aug 2014
I of course agree, though there is certainly some correlation between interestedness and shyness. (speaking from personally experience)
Feb 17, 2023 7:25 PM

Mar 2018
Text101 said:
It makes them feel special if they fit the certain criteria to remove themselves from others.

“The most shameless thing in the world is political power that can be inherited regardless of ability or talent!”
Feb 20, 2023 3:57 PM

Jun 2020
I agree completely.                              
I reside wherever the Zettai Ryouiki may lie.
Feb 20, 2023 4:28 PM
Dec 2010
Tbh, they don't sound different to me so I decide to take a look at the definitions and antonyms of shy. 

Apparently, shy can be used to refer as timid or as withdrawn, and the last use of it is lacking but this part isn't quite as applicable here.
The antonyms for them are brave or outgoing respectively. 

So when ppl compare shyness and introvert and feels like it isn't quite the same, they prolly mean that they are withdrawn but not timid or vice versa.
Butterfly_WhiteFeb 20, 2023 7:53 PM
Someone believe I hv Fantasy Prone Personality, in short, FPP.
So I decided to live up to it, Yay!
Feb 20, 2023 10:34 PM

Aug 2022
I'm introvert and I don't believe I'm shy.

More topics from this board

» Do you collect trading cards?

Malkshake - Apr 30

23 by DesuMaiden »»
5 minutes ago

» FAvorite philosopher and Why ( 1 2 3 )

removed-user - Nov 4, 2018

109 by cody »»
37 minutes ago

» What are you insecure about the most?

Ejrodiew - Apr 30

19 by Spunkert »»
39 minutes ago

» 🚩 Red Flag, Beige Flag, Green Flag survey

kusairo - Apr 5

44 by Zedlin »»
42 minutes ago

» Are you Caucasian???? I am btw...

DesuMaiden - Apr 29

47 by deg »»
42 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.