Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Case Study of Vanitas
Available on Manga Store
New
Jan 28, 2023 11:56 AM
Oct 2017
I don't know what to watch.
I see this has a good rating but the cover gives me a lot of vibes that it's a show made for women full of manservice. There are a lot of males indeed. Trying to check the similar anime tab, I've seen Bungou Stray Dog and Moriarty are the most similar to this show, and guess what, I dropped both in the past exactly because they were mainly for women and couldn't stand their manservice.
Unsure if it's worth a try anyway

EDIT: Okay thanks all for you insight, after thinking on your answers, I came to the conclusion that I would not like it. I will watch Majo no Tabitabi instead.
Thread can be closed, thanks
DijeJan 28, 2023 12:39 PM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 28, 2023 12:03 PM
Apr 2022
Tbh is has mix of male and female service but the actual story is really good if can get past the female/male service so l recommend giving it a go again. Hope this helps
Jan 28, 2023 12:07 PM
Jul 2020
didnt know people nowdays had such fragile sexuality
Jan 28, 2023 12:08 PM

Jun 2021
It does feel like that sometimes but on the plus side it has hot vampire women, also it has an interesting story as well as top tier visuals and soundtrack. My biggest problem was that it had that obnoxious chibi comedy that I fucking hate, it was especially bad during the second part. Besides that it was pretty good though, I'd recommend it.
Jan 28, 2023 12:08 PM
May 2021
Dije said:
I see this has a good rating but the cover gives me a lot of vibes that it's a show made for women full of manservice. There are a lot of males indeed. Trying to check the similar anime tab, I've seen Bungou Stray Dog and Moriarty are the most similar to this show, and guess what, I dropped both in the past exactly because they were mainly for women and couldn't stand their manservice.

Ya watch it. Male or female doesn't matter lol
Jan 28, 2023 12:09 PM

Feb 2021
One of the best modern vampire anime. How can you not watch it?

"๐˜๐˜ฆ๐˜บ, ๐˜๐˜ข๐˜ค๐˜ฉ๐˜ช... ๐˜•๐˜ฐ ๐˜ฎ๐˜ข๐˜ต๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฐ๐˜ธ ๐˜ฎ๐˜ถ๐˜ค๐˜ฉ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฐ๐˜ธ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ง๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ ๐˜ฑ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฑ๐˜ญ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ถ๐˜ณ๐˜ต ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ค๐˜ฉ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ, ๐˜ญ๐˜ฐ๐˜ท๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ ๐˜ด๐˜ฐ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ช๐˜ด ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฆ๐˜ท๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜ข ๐˜ธ๐˜ข๐˜ด๐˜ต๐˜ฆ."
โป๐˜•๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ข ๐˜–๐˜ด๐˜ข๐˜ฌ๐˜ช
Jan 28, 2023 12:10 PM

Jan 2013
They're literally all shounen/seinen adaptations, you just sound insecure or something. 
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
Jan 28, 2023 12:11 PM
Feb 2022
This question (????)………. If you are really such a closed-minded person maybe this show isn’t for you…..
Jan 28, 2023 12:13 PM

Jan 2023
Being honest, I don't see any point to not watch it.  It doesn't matter if ur a male, female or whatever

Profile   โ—   Website

Jan 28, 2023 12:15 PM
Dec 2020
I don't think gender matters as long as you enjoy the show. I'd say you should watch it regardless.
Jan 28, 2023 12:18 PM
Jun 2011
It's tolerable as a straight male. You might raise your eyebrows a few times but story and animation is definitely worth it.
Jan 28, 2023 12:19 PM
Jun 2011
vitor03 said:

Because we don't like seeing men being affectionate towards each other? Okay then
Jan 28, 2023 12:20 PM
Aug 2022
Dije said:

The anime is like a 9 out of 10 but the comunity is cringe bcz they just dont understand that Vanitas and Noe are not gay , i really enjoyed the anime even with these debates , the characters and the others , is like 2nd anime that got a 9/10 in my list and yeah u should give it a try:D
Jan 28, 2023 12:25 PM
Dec 2022
Dije said:

To be honest, if you dropped Moriarty the Patriot and bungo stray dogs I doubt you'll like this one since they're so similar.
Jan 28, 2023 12:32 PM

Jan 2013
iamlegend9999 said:
vitor03 said:

Because we don't like seeing men being affectionate towards each other? Okay then
Yeah, that sounds fragile to me. 

If you're neutral about it, then there wouldn't be any issue, but if you dislike it there's clearly some homophobic sentiment.
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
Jan 28, 2023 12:33 PM
May 2011
If 2 dudes being friends is too much for you, there are plenty of harem anime where there is only 1 prominent guy character
Jan 28, 2023 12:34 PM
Aug 2021
Bro wdym male or female. Fuck that. It is a decent show. Give it a try regardless of if you're a male or a female....or anything in-between.
Jan 28, 2023 12:35 PM
Jun 2011
LostSpectre said:
iamlegend9999 said:

If you're neutral about it, then there wouldn't be any issue, but if you dislike it there's clearly some homophobic sentiment.

If that's the case. I'm cool with being homophobic then. Guess I hate my gay brother as well. Poor me....
Jan 28, 2023 12:39 PM

Jan 2013
iamlegend9999 said:
LostSpectre said:

If that's the case. I'm cool with being homophobic then. Guess I hate my gay brother as well. Poor me....
Technically, you can still be homophobic and make exceptions for certain people, it's not any different than "I have a black friend". 
Jan 28, 2023 12:50 PM
Aug 2020
Knowing that you didn't like BSD and Moriarty, I wouldn't recommended you watching this. Even more if is between Vanitas or Majo no Tabitabi
Jan 28, 2023 12:52 PM

Jan 2021
Dije said:

EDIT: Okay thanks all for you insight, after thinking on your answers, I came to the conclusion that I would not like it. I will watch Majo no Tabitabi instead.

You dropped Bungou Stray Dogs??? Over manservice??? That's dumb but whatever
Jan 28, 2023 1:30 PM
Jun 2021
Bro.. I'm a straight male and can still crush on Vanitas & Dazai.
Regardless, if you're not about it, then you're not about it. Stray away from the husbandos if you're gonna be grossed out.

imo I'd much rather have some good looking, well-designed characters instead of the copy paste self-insert protagonist. At times romance/fan-service comes with that.
Jan 28, 2023 1:56 PM
Feb 2021
Dropping a show like bungou stray dogs because of “manservice” is one of the worst takes I’ve seen on this website. Idk what kind of ultra man you are to be doing that, but idrc. It’s pretty pathetic lol

ranpo >>>> any show you’re watching instead
Jan 28, 2023 2:00 PM
Aug 2019
Don’t know what you mean by that,
But it’s good anime you should give it a try.
Jan 28, 2023 2:08 PM
Jul 2020
It’s a shonen anime. It’s literally made for boys.
Jan 28, 2023 2:10 PM
Mar 2021
…sure? The show’s got some gay elements, but the fanservice isn’t that big a part of the show, and it’s pretty equal-opportunity where it pops up.
Jan 28, 2023 2:26 PM
Mar 2021
I’ll say this about the show - it is clearly written by a woman. That doesn’t mean there’s only fanservice scenes with male characters though- but when they have fanservice scenes of the female characters, it happens in scenes where the women are actually horny. For me this made the fanservice way better than your average anime though- knowing that the anime tiddies the show is drawing your attention to are attached to a character that’s all hot n bothered made it seem like the show was written by someone that’s not only had sex before, but knows how to enjoy it. It’s a surprisingly rare thing in anime for any demographic.
Jan 28, 2023 2:33 PM
Jul 2018
keb43 said:
Dropping a show like bungou stray dogs because of “manservice” is one of the worst takes I’ve seen on this website. Idk what kind of ultra man you are to be doing that, but idrc. It’s pretty pathetic lol

Why so hostile? If he doesn't like gay stuff, he doesn't like gay stuff. No reason to shame him about it.
Jan 28, 2023 2:35 PM
Feb 2021
Mood_Booster said:
keb43 said:

Why so hostile? If he doesn't like gay stuff, he doesn't like gay stuff. No reason to shame him about it.

1. It’s not gay?
2. Trash takes deserve it
Jan 28, 2023 2:36 PM
Jul 2018
keb43 said:
Mood_Booster said:

1. It’s not gay?
I think you should take anime less seriously.
Jan 28, 2023 2:38 PM
Feb 2021
Mood_Booster said:
keb43 said:

1. It’s not gay?

If you really think I’m being serious right now than you might want to go outside lol.
Jan 28, 2023 2:39 PM
Jul 2018
keb43 said:
Mood_Booster said:

If you really think I’m being serious right now than you might want to go outside lol.
Thats a fair point. My bad.
Jan 28, 2023 2:39 PM
Feb 2021
Mood_Booster said:
keb43 said:

Thats a fair point. My bad.

It’s all good man :)
Jan 28, 2023 2:44 PM
Mar 2021
LostSpectre said:
They're literally all shounen/seinen adaptations, you just sound insecure or something. 

Yeah, I think OP has some growing up to do.
Jan 28, 2023 2:52 PM
Mar 2021
brubrubrubru said:
Dije said:

You dropped Bungou Stray Dogs??? Over manservice??? That's dumb but whatever

TBF, I had to have a lot of friends talk me out of dropping stray dogs season one. I don’t know what he’s talking about re manservice because I don’t remember the show having any? I mean, I guess the male character designs seemed like they were made so that women would think they were cool, but the show is a long way off from being anywhere near even a light BL tag. But dogs s1 had no real plot, and all dazai’s suicide jokes were uncomfortably cringey to me. Loving the current season though.
Jan 28, 2023 3:05 PM
Nov 2021
bro idk what kinda masculinity issues u have or insecurities or idk what, but bruh. why tf wouldnt u watch this? its a great ass show with great fucking animation and story.
Jan 28, 2023 3:47 PM
Sep 2020
No shot people actually think like this. Who cares what the "target" audience is, if it interests you just watch it
Jan 28, 2023 4:00 PM

Oct 2017
Man some people are really insecure over shonen/seinen manga having bishonen MCs. Yeah manservice lol yeah there is some tiny subtle flirting for the female audience but guess what the guys still kiss and romance the girls. The show even has it's share of waifus. Even if they were actually gay if the story and action is good why would you care? This isn't a romance series it should be irrelevant to your enjoyment. 
Jan 28, 2023 4:06 PM

Sep 2020
Bruh the girls are also attractive ASF. Don't miss out on this because of a reason as stupid as this.

Arteta's Tricky Reds!

Jan 28, 2023 4:10 PM
Sep 2021
iamlegend9999 said:
vitor03 said:

lol facts some one these anime getting wierd
Jan 28, 2023 4:11 PM
Sep 2021
LostSpectre said:
iamlegend9999 said:

shit guess am homophobic
Jan 28, 2023 6:28 PM
Jan 2021
I think u should give it a go, the story is quite enjoyable for both male & female anime fans. I was intrigued with its lore and characters. Overall S1 and S2 I'll give it an 8/10 since i think there's room for improvement๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป
Jan 28, 2023 6:32 PM

Jul 2017
wtf are you talking about, it doesnt target male or female audiences spesifically, its just a show
Jan 28, 2023 7:59 PM
Oct 2020
Bro yes it is a fire underrated show that will cleanse your palate and make you wonder why you asked
Jan 28, 2023 8:03 PM
Feb 2022
LostSpectre said:
iamlegend9999 said:

and what wrong abt that๐Ÿ’€?
we prefer to stick to what is natural
Jan 28, 2023 8:05 PM

Feb 2017
I am a male and I saw it as nothing more than an action fantasy anime. I just thought the concept was pretty good but somehow lost steam later on.
Best ending line in anime history = "My name is Saiki Kusuo. I am a psychic."
Jan 28, 2023 8:19 PM
Apr 2016
What is this post ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ
Jan 28, 2023 8:22 PM
Feb 2021
Yes you should. it's just a good story.
Jan 28, 2023 8:49 PM
Feb 2021
Dije said:

Its gay no need to Watch.
Jan 28, 2023 9:13 PM
Dec 2020
Embarrassing how many homophobes outed themselves in this thread over a good show that isn't even "gay"
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Vanitas no Karte Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 13, 2021

126 by nikki05 »»
Apr 15, 10:30 AM

Poll: » Vanitas no Karte Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 16, 2021

242 by Sasutaschi »»
Apr 6, 4:48 PM

Poll: » Vanitas no Karte Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 23, 2021

158 by wallus81 »»
Mar 25, 7:29 PM

Poll: » Vanitas no Karte Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 9, 2021

148 by wallus81 »»
Mar 24, 12:54 AM

Poll: » Vanitas no Carte Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 2, 2021

350 by wallus81 »»
Mar 18, 4:24 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.