Forum Settings
Forums
Interviews with Monster Girls
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 21, 2023 4:54 PM

Oct 2017
Damn. It ended. A solid 7/10 for the entirity of the series for me, a good finale 
Feb 28, 2023 9:09 AM
Apr 2022
It seems like demis group can do things without sensei now. It's good how it end.
Apr 14, 2023 12:44 AM
Nov 2018
Nothing more nothing less. Everybody got their respective screen time and left a satisfying conclusion. I hope these characters shine again on TV in the future.
Sep 6, 2023 2:06 PM

Dec 2009
Is still feels odd, now finally reading the ending now that it's licensed.
I expected a lot more out of this story.

More from the characters overall.
They barely had several eventful developments.

If I remember correctly.
Aside from the main female characters. After the trio each deal with their mental personal issues thanks to Takahashi, the story later focuses on the mystery of demi-humans, while finally reaching the climax point of the romantic sub plot, where Takanashi and Sakiie finally start dating.

Otherwise, we meet new characters and get insight to more demi's or casual insight of the main characters.
Surprisingly that's all fairly little. Not a ton, at least.

The short development of each girl from the trio is sweet.
I forget what exactly, but I do remember they're insecure and afraid of themselves and judgement at first, until Takanashi helps them.
After that, they become friends.

Later, a continued issue of them continues which gets solved eventually.
Yuki in the end slowly improves her fear and lack of confidence. Machi accepts the failure of her unrequited love for her teacher, and personal guilt to her parents if I remember right. Hikari, I don't remember... some portion with her family, maybe.

While meeting new characters, the story continues to hint at the mystery of the supernatural.
The teachers start dating. But then they figure out a way for Machi to connect her head to her neck for a day thanks to everyone's efforts and Yuki's power which is a incredible magical scene.

In the end, afterwards, the girls start a podcast, so that they can share their story as demi-human, and any other demi-humans to enlighten humans that they're the same, or of whatever other issue.
Meanwhile, the unknown development of the future continues. Where several characters hope to continue their studies or wishes for things to adapt and evolve.

Unfortunately, as great as this Manga is, it's lackluster which is disappointing. 7/10.
I expected more eventful plots to continue in developing the characters. Showing them in different scenarios or issues in their lives. From family, friendship, human vs demi's, love, future, etc.

Other than the trio's development, and Takanashi and Sakie's love story being short as a side plot... a lot of the supporting or new characters were underutilized.

Kurtz ended up as a useless literal joke as the incubus ultimate anti-succubus weapon who never did anything.
The first, one and only, demi detective, with great potential was never shown in action. The only intriguing point he gives is his sharing on the podcast of every new development of demi research, which none of can be revealed to the public, so it was edited out, and we the audience can't hear it.
Zashiko remains stuck in Yoko's apartment, but there is the potential that one day she can be seen by everyone and eventually be free. She was seen by everyone in the room for one second thanks to Yuki's power.
Kaoru Higa is a huge letdown in how little she appears in the manga.
Other than the cool potential Kurtz could of had as a demi detective, Kaoru is a character who could have been a favorite to many, with a lot of fun scenes from her, solely on her daily life.
She's a kijimunaa. First introduced in Chapter 44, she's a short-term transfer student. A demi who can read people's feelings from the color of their eyes.
Personally, she's my favorite character. Her teasing personality and whole demeanor with the ability to read people is awesome.
Not only that, but her past of being discriminated is intriguing also.
Himari as the human little sister of Hikari would have been enjoyable to see more of. Their sisterly bond is adorable.

I barely remember about the human classmates, but they were of good use in showing the dynamic of humans and demi's, and how bad their relationships were in the beginning until they became friends.
They could have been involved more, with different scenarios though.

In the end, the story is sweet in the bond that each character has with their family and friends. It's nice how they mostly grow out of their fears and insecurities. And finally, it was awesome how they succeeded in connecting Machi's head to her neck, with the future possibilities of even more discoveries and solutions.

It's a very good manga, yet unfortunately could have been longer with a lot more out of the characters.
Surprisingly, when compared to the anime, the manga almost feels a bit flat. The anime explodes with life from the performance of the actors.
Hearing their expressive voices does a lot for the characters. Hikari wouldn't be a favorite otherwise.

... I wish we had more, but unfortunately this is truly the end, noted by the afterword.
It was fun while it lasted though. I hope the anime continues to completion, and that maybe we get a bit more like that Sakie and Tetsu sex one-shot.

I look forward to Petosu's next manga.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Demi-chan wa Kataritai Chapter 73 Discussion

waalex11 - Sep 6, 2023

2 by TitanInsane »»
Apr 12, 9:45 AM

Poll: » Demi-chan wa Kataritai Chapter 44 Discussion

orangeskull - Sep 24, 2019

2 by waalex11 »»
Sep 6, 2023 2:46 PM

Poll: » Demi-chan wa Kataritai Chapter 51 Discussion

orangeskull - Sep 24, 2019

12 by waalex11 »»
Sep 6, 2023 2:44 PM

Poll: » Demi-chan wa Kataritai Chapter 72 Discussion

waalex11 - Sep 6, 2023

0 by waalex11 »»
Sep 6, 2023 12:19 PM

» Epilogue One-Shot: Succubus-Sensei Wants To Have Sex

waalex11 - Feb 25, 2023

2 by waalex11 »»
Aug 22, 2023 11:30 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.