Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Dec 26, 2022 10:44 AM

Jan 2021
After a whole decade, one of the big three, Bleach came back with a banger new season and a whole new arc. We got to see an awesome first episode that reintroduced the main gang to us. An episode filled with nostalgia and fan service for all bleach fans. We got to see some old and familiar faces in action again and we heard their Bankai once more. We got introduced to some new characters and some new and old villains. We saw chaos in Soul society, We saw FIRE, We saw a whole new squad, We saw Kenpachis, We saw so much in this arc and its still not over yet. There is still a lot of content yet to be adapted. 

So how was your experience with this whole new season/arc/part. Did you like this new season. Did you like the new animation and Ost. Are you loving the TYBW cause bleach once again became the highest rated anime on MAL (Dont know for how long though).
If you enjoyed the time you wasted, then its not a waste of time.

Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 26, 2022 10:51 AM
Mar 2021
Absolutely goated. Also I thought we were getting a 1 hour episode, what happened to that?
Dec 26, 2022 10:51 AM
Dec 2022
Basically, if both pre TYBW Bleach, and Naruto manga got the same treatment they would dominate MAL top ranks.

TYBW is pretty much the kind of Bleach adaptation people were dreaming about for years.
Dec 26, 2022 10:53 AM
Apr 2020
It was simply amazing
Many things were explained, even some topics that were considered "plot Armors" in the past, were given fair and logical context behind them in this season
Not to mention that many secrets were also shown, and many characters had great moments and character development and will definitely deliver in the next parts
I'm grateful for this new season , it's a refreshing experience from the old anime, with great visuals and good direction, the aesthetics are the best of the fall season as well as the OSTS
Dec 26, 2022 10:54 AM

Jan 2009
All flash no substance. Basically what bleach alwasy been
Dec 26, 2022 10:54 AM
Aug 2017
will second core come as seperate entry or will it just add episode count onto this one?
Dec 26, 2022 10:55 AM
Apr 2020
Jimothy69 said:
Absolutely goated. Also I thought we were getting a 1 hour episode, what happened to that?

Apparently they meant by that ep 12 & 13 + the new trailer + OP & ED
Dec 26, 2022 10:56 AM

Jan 2021
Donkunsan said:
will second core come as seperate entry or will it just add episode count onto this one?
It will be a separate entry. Thats how cours are divided.

Dec 26, 2022 10:56 AM
Mar 2021
Khalil04 said:
Jimothy69 said:

Ahhh I see. Ngl waiting til July is longgg, might have to start the manga
Dec 26, 2022 10:57 AM

Oct 2017
It was absolutely epic.
Dec 26, 2022 10:58 AM
Apr 2020
Jimothy69 said:
Khalil04 said:

Ahhh I see. Ngl waiting til July is longgg, might have to start the manga

Same lol
But to keep the good production in check, they had to make it this long, which is a good decision
Dec 26, 2022 10:58 AM
Aug 2017
FZREMAKE said:
Donkunsan said:
Huh so MAL will create as sepperate entry as there isn't anything for a sequel yet.
Dec 26, 2022 10:59 AM
Pirate King

Oct 2022
literally demon slayer but more mediocre story, characters and more flashy animation. 
Mugiwara_LuffyyDec 26, 2022 11:12 AM
Dec 26, 2022 11:00 AM

Jan 2021
Donkunsan said:
FZREMAKE said:
Huh so MAL will create as sepperate entry as there isn't anything for a sequel yet.
Yes MAL will create a separate entry for separate cours. It will take a little time to update on MAL though.

Dec 26, 2022 11:01 AM

Aug 2019
It was better and yet also worse than I expected in some ways. The animation was great and so was the voice acting as usual, but the pacing was a mess. They sped up so many things and cut out quite a bit of stuff just to reduce the cour to 13 episodes. They also barely added new material other than the extra Uryu scenes and some expanded fight scenes that only lasted a few seconds anyways.
Dec 26, 2022 11:01 AM

May 2012
I've never been up for an anime before it airs every single week like I am and will be for Bleach TYBW. This season was incredible from the very first episode on. It's straight-to-the-point, and just downright entertaining. They put a shit ton of effort to creating atmospheric lighting and color schemes that make the shortest of moments and quick scenes stand out. For example the fight in the darkness of the Muken between Kenpachi and Unohana with that blood red color scheme, just beautiful. The colors and lighting are so immersive.

Everyone who says that this has no substance have completely lost the plot. There's so much subtext in Bleach TYBW it's insane.

I'm really excited to see what kind of heat next cour has in store for us now. That PV looked sick already.
Dec 26, 2022 11:04 AM

May 2020
It was amazing I didn’t expect it to get this much love. The studio definitely surpassed my expectations and the studio said that the 2nd cour is going to have even better animation… The no censoring, OSTs, the added content, story, plot, fights, visuals, characters… everything was perfect for me.
If you want me to prepare a rope for the sake of hanging yourself, forget it. But… If it's a rope for the sake of pulling you up from Hell, no matter how many ropes it takes, I'll prepare them for you. ~Sakata Gintoki
Dec 26, 2022 11:05 AM
Feb 2021
This part in the manga was already the absolute pinnacle of Bleach and the adaptation didn’t disappear. Also the next two cours and a half will adapt fire content, let’s just hope they’ll expand the adaptation of the last two chapters
Dec 26, 2022 11:05 AM
Feb 2021
SkyKid said:
It was amazing I didn’t expect it to get this much love. The studio definitely surpassed my expectations and the studio said that the 2nd cour is going to have even better animation… The no censoring, OSTs, the added content, story, plot, fights, visuals, characters… everything was perfect for me.

But Rukia’s peach was cut out😭
Dec 26, 2022 11:08 AM
Nov 2018
8/10
I enjoyed it... It was how bleach should have been like from the start
Dec 26, 2022 11:12 AM

Nov 2020
INCREDIBLE, plain and simple as that. Bleach has always been one of those shows for me that no matter how many flaws it has, how many times it get flashy without any substance, when the story gets paper thin, it almost never fails to entertain me, something even Naruto, another highly entertaining show despite the massive flaws, struggled to do for me at times. Bleach is the kind of show that everyone should just lay back and enjoy cause the flashy-ness works, the show gives you enough story to make sense and then proceeds towards the next big fight cranking the hype upto 11, kinda like demon slayer. And this particular season, TYBW, damn o boi did it made my every monday special and hyped as fuck. Cant wait for the next cour
Dec 26, 2022 11:13 AM

Jan 2019
Very satisfied with what I've seen so far.
Dec 26, 2022 11:17 AM
Dec 2020
Simply amazing, this is the treatment Bleach deserves. I hope they continue like this for the next 3 cours as well.
Dec 26, 2022 11:18 AM
Jul 2013
Drawings, musics, storyline, everything was perfect and so amazing. I had so much much, felt happy when I was watching it. They explained many parts that we were curious from the past about quincys history, introducing new quincys, the war between quincy's and shinigamis, ichigo's family, ichigo's identity, roots, powers, zanpacto, the fight between kenpachi and unohana, yamamato's story. It truely deserves number one spot.
Dec 26, 2022 11:20 AM
Oct 2020
k11chi said:
Everyone who says that this has no substance have completely lost the plot. There's so much subtext in Bleach TYBW it's insane.
There isn't much. It's just references. Also subtext doesn't mean anything if you don't also work on making sure what is actually happening in the story is well written. This is like saying The Last Jedi has so much substance because of the subtext. So it's definitely mostly style over substance. You can tell because the quality of the writing isn't different (and later on worse as the arc progresses) than the previous adaptation but the animation is causing the fans to overrate the fuck out this season. 
Dec 26, 2022 11:23 AM

Aug 2020
Bleach is great unless the guy is stupid.

That's it.

Dec 26, 2022 11:24 AM

Aug 2020
I really enjoyed this cour. It was way more thrilling, Pierrot and Kubo were great.

Dec 26, 2022 11:30 AM
Nov 2016
I haven't watched the last episode yet but I will give my opinion about Bleach TYBW.

So far, this anime is decent, it has great animation, much better than the Classic Bleach but this isn't surprising, it only has 12 episodes after all so obviously it will have better animation. The OST was a downgrade though, the OST from the old classic Bleach is a lot better. The story here isn't anything I haven't seen before so it's the same cliché formula I expect from shounen animes like Bleach so it's meh, nothing surprising either.

So, is Bleach TYBW a decent anime? yes it is, does it deserve the current rating? fuck no, how on earth is this generic anime in 1st place? but then again, it's MAL so I'm not surprised about this either, the ratings on MAL are bullshit anyways and the top 10 is plagued with shounen animes so nothing to see here, just another overrated shounen anime in the top 10, meh.

This is obviously overrated, it isn't bad though, I consider Bleach TYBW an 8/10 at best.
Dec 26, 2022 11:34 AM
Feb 2021
guy above reeks of elitist lol.

anyway, bleach solos, 10/10 for the cour
Dec 26, 2022 11:43 AM

Jul 2019
Everything before the rain.
Dec 26, 2022 11:46 AM

May 2015
Pretty good. Solid 8 or maybe 9. The first Quincy Invasion is peak Bleach and they did it justice. I think the direction was weak in some episodes but Hiramatsu and Taguchi's clear vision helped everything stay consistent for the most part. What I like most is they adapted 60+ chapters in 13 episodes which means we're getting tons of new content in upcoming cours.

Dec 26, 2022 12:00 PM
Feb 2019
Jimothy69 said:

We did , they just separated the Episode dir the Streaming Services for whatever reason
Dec 26, 2022 12:16 PM
Feb 2020
bleach being bleach not much to say
Dec 26, 2022 12:48 PM
May 2021
It is peak of bleach. Pierrot absolutely smashed it 10/10. Man I love bleach so much can't describe in words how happy I'm to have this anime. Now I'm counting days until the next core. I'm so excited.
Dec 26, 2022 1:29 PM
Jan 2021
Jimothy69 said:

Well they released episode 12 and 13 at the same time, so I guess that was it.
Dec 26, 2022 1:31 PM
Aug 2019
darkavatar21 said:
k11chi said:
There isn't much. It's just references. Also subtext doesn't mean anything if you don't also work on making sure what is actually happening in the story is well written. This is like saying The Last Jedi has so much substance because of the subtext. So it's definitely mostly style over substance. You can tell because the quality of the writing isn't different (and later on worse as the arc progresses) than the previous adaptation but the animation is causing the fans to overrate the fuck out this season. 

Wait a minute…..you’re the same dude that’s always in the r/anime subreddit talking shit about bleach. LMFAO get a fucking life dude
Dec 26, 2022 1:33 PM

Apr 2013
Better than the manga but still overhyped. A rating above 9 is hilarious though gotta give it to the Kubo fanboys.
Dec 26, 2022 1:48 PM

Dec 2015
I was saying back before the anime come out when everyone were trying to overhype CSM and also were saying about their staff and I've said back than in AD that Bleach is 100% top 1 anime of 2022 and Fall Season and in counter gave the staff list for Bleach TYBW...
They called me a madman and what I predicted came to that...
Ya shall listen to Kubology students x)
what about the cour 1, I know the manga very much I have it on my pc and laptop so I can read it whenever I like, I didn't need any confirmation about the staff members or what will happen, after 1st episode I knew everything I needed and with the manga knowledge itself I simply knew that it will be peak and it is, especially my most favorite chapters Everything but the Rain and Blade is Me, Yhwach vs Ichigo was completely unexpected and I loved it, there is nothing to complain about and I am a fan of Bleach not a hater so I am not gonna forcefully search anything to nitpick about, in nutshell that video says what Bleach TYBW Cour 1 is:
Dec 26, 2022 1:56 PM

Aug 2019
Decent.  Absolutely not worth the 9.23 it's currently sitting on here at MAL.
Dec 26, 2022 2:02 PM
May 2021
Sensational man Kubo has put in work in bringing back the anime!! 🔥🔥
Dec 27, 2022 12:01 AM

Jan 2021
SkyKid said:
If the studio says so then I think I can trust them now after the 1st cour. Anything better then this is going to be mind blowing.

Dec 27, 2022 12:23 AM
Feb 2018
The Number One Bankai played at the end was such a perfect way to end this cour.
Dec 27, 2022 12:39 AM
May 2020
It's still mid, I don't know why people like it so much.
Probably a combination of nostalgia with good animation made people excited
Dec 27, 2022 1:11 AM
Jul 2022
Solid 9 to 9.5. AOTS for sure.
Dec 27, 2022 4:33 AM

Oct 2017
It's like watching theatre movie quality adaptation for 13 episodes straight.
A 4 hrs long phenomenal movie

The pacing, the animation, the visual , the framing, the dialogues are all perfect.
9.22 score in Mal explains it all.

You dont see this type of adaptation that often.

Heck the pacing and story beats the shit out of Demon Slayer.
Demon slayer feels like plot is dragging and pacing is weird every few episodes, and it only has good combat animation to covers all the shortcoming.  
Bleach Thousand Year Wars every episode feels like 3 mins short cuz the plot is much more intriguing . Pacing is perfect.
We dont have to hear Tanjiro's monologues / shouting during the fight in Bleach.
Ventus_SDec 27, 2022 4:38 AM
Dec 27, 2022 5:07 AM

Apr 2013
It was okay cour. Visually it was very nice, but it's nothing special in other elements. I understand people got the adaptation they always wanted, as someone who experiences the story for the first time, it feels stale, old, because it is I guess. Ichigo losing and random powerup again with convoluted explanation, about what could be expected. Yamamoto's death being the low point of the season for me.
Dec 27, 2022 5:24 AM

Dec 2019
Uncontested anime comeback of all time.

Anyone who tries to downplay it is most likely just being a pseudo-intellectual edgelord who's actively trying to not feed into the very much deserved hype.
Dec 27, 2022 5:44 AM

Nov 2017
I'm just laughing in satisfaction at all the haters.
Dec 27, 2022 5:59 AM
Jan 2018
Mugiwara_Luffyy said:
literally demon slayer but more mediocre story, characters and more flashy animation. 

You either didn't watch bleach or didn't watch kny because there's no single point in the entire 700 chapter of bleach and 300 of kny does bleach have more mediocre plot than fucking kimetsu no yaiba. I m not a fan of bleach but even i can distinguish shit from a good series.
Dec 27, 2022 6:11 AM
Jan 2018
All this year had proved that the rating system of MAL really is unreliable, i don't really care for rating that much but it's still feels weird how only ratings of few thousands user can simply make any anime best rated or worst rated, we saw it time and time again how recency bias have dire affect of MAL ratings, now every season you'll see one or two anime that's No.1 anime or at least top 10, and all it takes is fraction of users compared to older anime.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bleach: Sennen Kessen-hen Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Dec 26, 2022

580 by clairess »»
Apr 28, 11:58 PM

Poll: » Bleach: Sennen Kessen-hen Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 24, 2022

412 by Avsar_Gazozu »»
Apr 10, 1:53 AM

Poll: » Bleach: Sennen Kessen-hen Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

k11chi - Oct 9, 2022

1852 by Avsar_Gazozu »»
Apr 9, 11:42 AM

Poll: » Bleach: Sennen Kessen-hen Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Nov 14, 2022

694 by Listone »»
Mar 25, 1:21 PM

Poll: » Bleach: Sennen Kessen-hen Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

anime-prime - Dec 26, 2022

147 by Stylefarman »»
Mar 21, 3:59 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.