Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Monogatari Series: First Season
Available on Manga Store
New
Dec 23, 2022 3:58 PM

Apr 2018
Is Ararararagi still the Best Harem Protagonist?
Dec 23, 2022 4:06 PM

Sep 2018
I would say no since their are other leads I prefer like the mc from Interspecies Reviewers, Ranma, Subaru, and Ainz. Even the Futoku no Guild mc offers way more variety by his character.  I thought the most interesting thing about Monogatari was the girls over the mc unless you mean Kaiki.
Dec 23, 2022 4:10 PM

Nov 2021
Easily Kamimashta on top
then Boost boost boost, too.

(Desktop mode) ⬇️

Watching this season

My Anime list

Comment
Dec 23, 2022 4:18 PM
May 2022
if monogatari is harem, then berserk and steins gate counts as harem too xddd
Dec 23, 2022 4:29 PM
Mar 2022
no cause he a pedo? how can he be considered a good character?

If people like him then clearly you think hitting on little kids is a normal thing to do? just cause its a gag is no excuse.
Deanomac2010Dec 23, 2022 4:38 PM
Dec 23, 2022 4:34 PM
Apr 2020
9whatever said:
if monogatari is harem, then berserk and steins gate counts as harem too xddd

I know you’re joking but I think what sets momogatari apart is that the surrounding cast is virtually all girls and most, if not all, have some degree of attraction to the mc.

And on another note, you’re not wrong about the other 2. They both have a majority female surrounding cast with feelings for the male mc. I think they are respectful about it and it doesn’t degrade their works but it is there.
Dec 23, 2022 4:34 PM
Aug 2022
YESSSSSS AND HE IS FIT 😍😍😍😍
Dec 23, 2022 4:37 PM
Apr 2020
Deanomac2010 said:

A well written character does not have to be morally good. I agree in this case because the pedo-ness serves no purpose to the story and is just weird, but there are many stories bettered by a morally questionable main character.
Dec 23, 2022 4:39 PM
Jun 2021
Never has been. Imo he's just there for comic relief, the female conflicts is the only thing relatable.
I dont think Monogatari is a harem either and if it was Kaiki would be the best protagonist... And anime girl
Dec 23, 2022 4:39 PM
Mar 2022
Hydra80 said:
Deanomac2010 said:

A well written character does not have to be morally good. I agree in this case because the pedo-ness serves no purpose to the story and is just weird, but there are many stories bettered by a morally questionable main character.

yes I agree with that, I'm saying If people like him then they have mental issues.
Dec 23, 2022 4:41 PM
Mar 2022
rosemay18 said:
YESSSSSS AND HE IS FIT 😍😍😍😍

doesn't matter If he good looking, any girl that fancies him needs there brain tested, he litterly a pedo....
Dec 23, 2022 4:42 PM
Mar 2022
Pharqwad said:
Never has been. Imo he's just there for comic relief, the female conflicts is the only thing relatable.
I dont think Monogatari is a harem either and if it was Kaiki would be the best protagonist... And anime girl

kaiki is actually such an amazing character, would of loved him in every episode.
Dec 23, 2022 4:45 PM

Jul 2015
Nope.
It's Yuuji Kazami.
Thread closed.

Dec 23, 2022 5:05 PM
Jan 2021
Deanomac2010 said:
Hydra80 said:

yes I agree with that, I'm saying If people like him then they have mental issues.

i like araragi very much
Dec 23, 2022 5:16 PM

May 2021
bakemonogatari isn't a harem. The only people interested in him were senjogahara, Nadeko and hanekawa. Shinobu is his slave so she doesn't count. So it's basically a love rectangle
Dec 23, 2022 5:20 PM
Feb 2021
Hell nah, Goku solos
Dec 23, 2022 5:21 PM

Aug 2018
sonu711 said:
bakemonogatari isn't a harem. The only people interested in him were senjogahara, Nadeko and hanekawa. Shinobu is his slave so she doesn't count. So it's basically a love rectangle
more than 2 love interests is a harem.

OT: Keima Katsuragi exists
Dec 23, 2022 6:29 PM
Feb 2021
I wouldnt exactly consider monogatari a harem, although multiple characters do have feeling for koyomi it doesn’t fully follow the harem formula and stereotypes
Dec 23, 2022 6:58 PM

Apr 2022
Deanomac2010 said:

If people like him then clearly you think hitting on little kids is a normal thing to do? just cause its a gag is no excuse.

You can like a character and not agree with everyrhing he does? Aknowledging the pros and the cons of fiction is part of life I mean.
“I won’t rely on anyone anymore. I don’t care if no one understands.” – Homura Akemi
Dec 23, 2022 7:01 PM
Mar 2022
Usapz said:
Deanomac2010 said:

You can like a character and not agree with everyrhing he does? Aknowledging the pros and the cons of fiction is part of life I mean.

okay so if a character rapes someone I can like them if there a well written character then.......
Dec 23, 2022 7:08 PM

Apr 2022
Deanomac2010 said:
Usapz said:

okay so if a character rapes someone I can like them if there a well written character then.......

Yeah? What’s your point? Raping isn’t his only personality trait for sure. And it also applies in real life, nobody is neither black and white, we all do mistakes, so does a fictional character. Of course if someone rapes me, I will not forgive him until he faces the consequences. He did something wrong, but that doesn’t mean he’s satan’s child. And you can totally like a sadistic character. Vilains that commits genocides or torture people are often appreciated, but when it comes to sexuality, ppl start to hate them, because it’s a tabou.
“I won’t rely on anyone anymore. I don’t care if no one understands.” – Homura Akemi
Dec 23, 2022 7:12 PM
Mar 2022
Usapz said:
Deanomac2010 said:

Yeah? What’s your point? Raping isn’t his only personality trait for sure. And it also applies in real life, nobody is neither black and white, we all do mistakes, so does a fictional character. Of course if someone rapes me, I will not forgive him until he faces the consequences. He did something wrong, but that doesn’t mean he’s satan’s child. And you can totally like a sadistic character. Vilains that commits genocides or torture people are often appreciated, but when it comes to sexuality, ppl start to hate them, because it’s a tabou.

if your a pedo, rapist, torture etc you don't get a second chance end of.
Dec 23, 2022 8:15 PM
Apr 2020
Deanomac2010 said:
Usapz said:

*possible AOT spoiler* What do you think about Eren enacting genocide? Does that make you stop watching the show or despise him?
Dec 23, 2022 8:17 PM
Mar 2022
Hydra80 said:
Deanomac2010 said:

*possible AOT spoiler* What do you think about Eren enacting genocide? Does that make you stop watching the show or despise him?

it doesn't stop me watching the show.... but anyone WHO LIKES HIM clearly think genocide is a normal occurrence to have.
Dec 23, 2022 8:50 PM
Jul 2022
personally yuuji from Fruit of Grisaia and Arata from Trinity Seven are the 2 best harem protagonists we've seen in anime
Dec 23, 2022 8:58 PM

Jul 2021
My favorite pedo for sure (2)

Friends are nothing more than the people who you spend the fun, yet meaningless times with. When those times get rough, they aren’t there to support you.

My Mushoku Tensei Review
Dec 23, 2022 9:01 PM

Aug 2018
Deanomac2010 said:
Hydra80 said:

it doesn't stop me watching the show.... but anyone WHO LIKES HIM clearly think genocide is a normal occurrence to have.

You have a serial killer on your list.
Dec 23, 2022 9:04 PM

May 2021
epidemia78 said:
sonu711 said:

more than 5 is a harem cause there's a tag called love polygon and love triangle so there should be love rectangle too. And spoiler
Dec 23, 2022 9:10 PM

Aug 2018
sonu711 said:
epidemia78 said:

more than 5 is a harem cause there's a tag called love polygon and love triangle so there should be love rectangle too. And spoiler 
Love polygon usually implies multiple different couples. Not just one guy hogging all the girls. Anyway there's no need to get too deep into semantics here. Monogatari series clearly follows a certain formula that can be found in many visual novels like Clannad. Borderline harem.
Dec 23, 2022 9:14 PM

Dec 2020
Deanomac2010 said:
Hydra80 said:

I'm genuinely curious about your thought process, if that's the case then are you mentally ill for liking vegeta who killed tons of innocent people?

𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓯𝓪𝓴𝓮 𝓲𝓼 𝓸𝓯 𝓰𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓿𝓪𝓵𝓾𝓮.
𝓘𝓷 𝓲𝓽𝓼 𝓭𝓮𝓵𝓲𝓫𝓮𝓻𝓪𝓽𝓮 𝓪𝓽𝓽𝓮𝓶𝓹𝓽 𝓽𝓸 𝓫𝓮 𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓵,
𝓲𝓽𝓼 𝓶𝓸𝓻𝓮 𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓵 𝓽𝓱𝓪𝓷 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓵 𝓽𝓱𝓲𝓷𝓰.

Dec 23, 2022 9:26 PM
Jun 2022
For me the best harem MC will always be Arata from Trinity seven.
Dec 23, 2022 10:03 PM
Feb 2022
na man issei is the best
Dec 23, 2022 11:07 PM
Jun 2022
LN Ayanokouji >= Araragi
Dec 23, 2022 11:43 PM

Mar 2020
Deanomac2010 said:
Hydra80 said:

By that logic, 90% of the anime characters can't be liked because they have something negative around them (Danganronpa games are a crime to like because it encourages children to kill eachother, Tate no Yuusha encourages slavery, Nagatoro encourages bullying, and the list goes on). Liking something doesn't mean you approve whatever it does, unless you are one of those people that says that reading Act-Age is bad since the author went to jail, and so liking the manga = liking to molest girls.

Only you can save yourself.
I only know what I know, I guess?
Yuri enjoyer and El Cazador de la Bruja fan
Dec 24, 2022 1:23 AM
May 2020
Deanomac2010 said:

wt? liking 'A' does not also imply i like 'B.
thts like saying u like guts from berserk and tht means u support killing and murder.
Dec 24, 2022 1:37 AM
Aug 2020
Deanomac2010 said:
Hydra80 said:

by the same logic, if you like Zoro as a character that means you like killing people 👀
Dec 24, 2022 2:47 AM
Apr 2020
Deanomac2010 said:
Hydra80 said:

So if Eren died you wouldn’t feel anything or even be happy about it?
Dec 24, 2022 4:32 AM

Sep 2020
I have read the novels up to Nekomonogatari(Black) and I don't see it. Huge pedo vibes in Nise. Too much for me. I am always more interested in the girls and their aberrations than the MC.

Arteta's Tricky Reds!

Dec 24, 2022 7:11 AM

Mar 2020
samsince04 said:
I have read the novels up to Nekomonogatari(Black) and I don't see it. Huge pedo vibes in Nise. Too much for me. I am always more interested in the girls and their aberrations than the MC.

Imo he really starts shining during Final Season. Second Season focus more on the girls, so if you are interested in that I'm pretty sure you will like Neko Shiro, Oni and Koi (Otori depends on how you view the plot around the tale, I think it's cool but I don't like it that much).

Btw I'm surprised that you call him a pedo on First Season, in the anime I saw him more of a Hanekawa simp rather than a Hachikuji molester. Is there anything I forgot during Nise?

Only you can save yourself.
I only know what I know, I guess?
Yuri enjoyer and El Cazador de la Bruja fan
Dec 24, 2022 7:41 AM

Sep 2020
BetterBegoneThot said:
samsince04 said:

Imo he really starts shining during Final Season. Second Season focus more on the girls, so if you are interested in that I'm pretty sure you will like Neko Shiro, Oni and Koi (Otori depends on how you view the plot around the tale, I think it's cool but I don't like it that much).

Btw I'm surprised that you call him a pedo on First Season, in the anime I saw him more of a Hanekawa simp rather than a Hachikuji molester. Is there anything I forgot during Nise?
The famous toothbrush scene ofc! Not even the scene itself but his internal monologue while that scene was happening was creepy as hell. But I get it, it's supposed to be a comedic scene. I always liked his scenes with Hachikuji and thought they were funny, although they were a bit weird. I'm only talking about my experience with the light novel. I have only watched Bake which I enjoyed. My favorite light novel volume so far is Kizu.

Arteta's Tricky Reds!

Dec 24, 2022 7:48 AM

Aug 2018
yes, still the best harem protagonist
Dec 24, 2022 1:09 PM

May 2015
Deanomac2010 said:
Hydra80 said:

No they don't. People are allowed to like a character you don't. Get over it.

Dec 24, 2022 2:17 PM
Mar 2021
Deanomac2010 said:
Hydra80 said:

nah bro what you on about 😂
Dec 24, 2022 2:57 PM
Mar 2021
Ishinashi2 said:
My favorite pedo for sure

bro what are you talking about ?
Dec 24, 2022 6:20 PM
Dec 2021
sonu711 said:

SPOILERS:

Didn't hachikuji confess to him in monogatari second season
Dec 25, 2022 4:10 AM
Feb 2021
Yes, he is /thread
Dec 29, 2022 10:17 PM

Aug 2020
Deanomac2010 said:
Hydra80 said:

Bozo, you literally have Johan as your fav character. Talk about contradiction
Jan 2, 2023 1:54 AM
Sep 2021
Deanomac2010 said:
Hydra80 said:

No way bro's acting like a retard that also with character favs which contradicts his own logic lmao.
Jan 2, 2023 9:01 AM

Mar 2016
In terms of personality wise, goes to mc of world where god only knows.

just wanna feel wanted by someone other than the police 😫
Jan 28, 2023 7:04 AM
May 2022
Keima Katsuragi >>

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bakemonogatari Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Fabrice - Jul 3, 2009

510 by deem0n »»
Apr 23, 1:30 PM

» Watch Order 2024?

GoCrayzee - Jan 27

26 by gauravb28 »»
Apr 23, 5:48 AM

Poll: » Bakemonogatari Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

loghneckbeard - Jun 25, 2010

518 by wimpis »»
Apr 21, 6:15 AM

» Renai Circulation ost

DexterDrubo - Apr 19

5 by hsayal »»
Apr 21, 1:07 AM

Poll: » Bakemonogatari Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Fabrice - Jul 17, 2009

357 by kagamiiin »»
Apr 19, 7:06 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.