Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Dec 3, 2022 2:56 PM
May 2022
Initially thought there was 1 season of this on Netflix, a month ago I find out there's 3 more...

Now in terms of the main character, I don't mind the guy, his innocence is wholesome and there's a good vibe between him and the goddess and an overall decent camaraderie with group (I watched S1 a year ago).

Then I recently watched S2, pretty good for different reasons to S1 with a good amount of action, comedy and other stuff

Am now halfway through S3 and I just rlly don't like the guy, he comes off as soft, naive and rlly indecisive at times. And then I find that he puts his group in danger for no real reason tbh, willing to risk it all etc... Also the guy really cannot read the room when it's just him and the goddess, I don't know his age so it could explain his naivety.

I have no idea how his character will develop or change through S4 but this is essentially me thinking out loud. Am I harsh on the guy or am I just misreading him?
Dec 3, 2022 3:03 PM
Nov 2022
There’s 4 which is the best one.
Dec 3, 2022 3:04 PM
Sep 2022
I absolutely love him
Dec 3, 2022 3:15 PM
Apr 2020
JSeanaY said:
Initially thought there was 1 season of this on Netflix, a month ago I find out there's 3 more...

Now in terms of the main character, I don't mind the guy, his innocence is wholesome and there's a good vibe between him and the goddess and an overall decent camaraderie with group (I watched S1 a year ago).

Then I recently watched S2, pretty good for different reasons to S1 with a good amount of action, comedy and other stuff

Am now halfway through S3 and I just rlly don't like the guy, he comes off as soft, naive and rlly indecisive at times. And then I find that he puts his group in danger for no real reason tbh, willing to risk it all etc... Also the guy really cannot read the room when it's just him and the goddess, I don't know his age so it could explain his naivety.

I have no idea how his character will develop or change through S4 but this is essentially me thinking out loud. Am I harsh on the guy or am I just misreading him?

plot armour...
that's how his character will change
Dec 3, 2022 3:48 PM
Aug 2022
[quote=JSeanaY message=68100178]Initially thought there was 1 season of this on Netflix, a month ago I find out there's 3 more...

I have no idea how his character will develop or change through S4 but this is essentially me thinking out loud. Am I harsh on the guy or am I just misreading
Edybucur15Dec 3, 2022 11:44 PM
Dec 3, 2022 4:11 PM
Mar 2022
I can't explain or describe about Bell but he is a lovable character for me
Dec 3, 2022 4:29 PM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
Not really, as he is stupidly naive and coward despite being stronger than most adventurers right now.

Look at him almost got killed by that monster tamer whose life he spared and thanks to his stupidity of sparing life he also dragged Ryu into the mess as well, lame~

Also watching him got intimidated by those adventurers like Bors even though Bell is so strong really cringes me, what a coward.
RinrinkaDec 3, 2022 4:33 PM

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Dec 3, 2022 5:15 PM
Apr 2021
He is a cool character but for some reason you cant point a rly defined trace of his personality, he cares for his friends, he wants to get strong, he is very friendly. But that makes me look at him like "where is the vengeance? The rage? The trauma? No? Ok"
Bell most of the times doesnt feel like the Mc but more of the real good strong friend there to help the fight, wich is kinda refreshing after many "the mc is op and is gonna humble everyone through powerflex"
Dec 3, 2022 5:52 PM
Jul 2022
I like that the main character is the most dull to me. It gives more story to the other characters
Dec 3, 2022 7:08 PM
Jun 2020
I agree. I think season 1 was the best because we got character development. It got unbearably painful in season 2 and season 3 but season 4 part 1 reignited what season 1 did and I’m excited for season 4 part 2.
Dec 3, 2022 7:20 PM
Apr 2021
JSeanaY said:

I think all you points are fair. You might be a bit harsh a I guess,but if you don’t like the guy than you don’t like the guy. I personally think he’s pretty average.

He’s 14 years old, so that might explain his indecisiveness. However at that age you should be able to read the room at least to that extent. He just can’t because of plot.
I may have forgotten.
Dec 3, 2022 7:45 PM

Jul 2015
He is being called "White Kirito" for a reason.

Bell is only a good character during combat and anything related to it, most notably his growth in strength and combat prowess.
Sometimes he looses the fights, which motivates him to get stronger.

However, in terms of narrative and story he is dogshit and it was most apparent in 2nd season during Red Light District arc, where his actions were completely reckless, illogical and blatantly stupid, yet absolutely nothing backfired in his face, despite it easily could and if they would, consequences would be severe. At that point Bell was established as a Gary Stu character.
When a protagonist seems like he has no role to play in the arc and just shoehorns himself into the story, then it's BAD.

Bell is basically a budget, generic shounen protagonist.
Btw, him making almost every nearby female wet over him and not realizing it, while the one he actually crushes on doesn't give a shit about him is probably the oldest cliche in the book and it doesn't help here either.

At least JC does the justice with splendidly animated fights.
PiromyslDec 3, 2022 7:59 PM

Dec 3, 2022 7:51 PM
Jan 2021
Most boring and basic protagonist for me. Every single girl likes him for no other reason than just existing. Of course he does become stronger but none of the relationships feel earned because of how he simply started out with a full harem.
Dec 3, 2022 8:21 PM
Jul 2022
I truly enjoy him but, the only problems I have with him is the sparing of lives especially when the people deserve to die such as the monster tamer from part 1 of the new season. Yes he died later but him sparing him caused way too much unneeded trouble and I'm pretty sure it got the wind gale woman he's so fond of hurt. Even if he shares similarities with a lot of other MCs he still has multiple traits that make him stand out positively. With the sparing lives problem I still really like him. I hope he learns his lesson and changes (also have heard good things to come from LN readers)
Dec 3, 2022 9:50 PM
Apr 2020
I really enjoy his character personality, although I don’t think he should be near as dense as he is, considering that his whole reason for starting to be an adventurer was to find girls lol. Idk, maybe he’s kind of like Hachiman, as in he doesn’t want to make an incorrect assumption
Dec 3, 2022 10:22 PM
Apr 2021
I absolutely love Bell he’s my nigga😤😤😤
Dec 4, 2022 6:56 AM

Mar 2013
I'm quite fond of Bell's character.
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Dec 4, 2022 7:37 PM
Sep 2021
hes pretty cute but in the 1st season I don't like him because the first is mid but in the second he saves a hooker from the clutches of sexual assault and in the third he saves a child and learns about a new world which in my opinion is pretty badass. these are spoilers to No one because that's the literal plot of each season.
Dec 6, 2022 4:43 AM
Jun 2022
I think the things you have identified as negatives about his character are the things that make him at least slightly interesting.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka III Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

KANLen09 - Nov 20, 2020

181 by Nakiri_Haato »»
Mar 28, 10:20 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka III Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

KANLen09 - Dec 18, 2020

220 by amlg »»
Feb 1, 10:11 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka III Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Dec 11, 2020

120 by amlg »»
Feb 1, 9:45 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka III Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Dec 4, 2020

71 by amlg »»
Feb 1, 9:24 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka III Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Nov 27, 2020

90 by amlg »»
Feb 1, 8:47 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.