Forum Settings
Forums
Teasing Master Takagi-san
Available on Manga Store
New
Nov 30, 2022 12:26 AM

Apr 2017
On several pages they mention that this movie is the last thing we will see animated about Karakai Jouzu... but I want to see more!
, and despite the fact that I loved the scene after the credits, I feel that there are still many things to show, right? (i'm not manga reader)
Nov 30, 2022 3:08 AM
Sep 2022
I really really hope not. I love teasing master takagisan so much.
Nov 30, 2022 6:27 AM

Oct 2020
I think the anime adaptation doesn’t follow the manga story, a lot of stuff from Season 3’s original.

I’m not sure tho

Nov 30, 2022 8:55 AM
Jul 2022
I think this is probably the end, although I don't know if they officially said it or not.

The manga has basically no progression from what I heard, it's basically the funny moments, and season 3 and the movie are basically anime originals.

I don't think they can adapt the rest of the manga, since their relationship changed a lot in the anime from what it was originally.

Maybe they can adapt Moto Takagi-san though (the manga that shows them married like in the final scene).
Nov 30, 2022 10:00 AM
Feb 2015
i feel like i was watching a rie takahashi interview that heavily implied it was the final animated adaptation, but i dont remember or feel like finding the source lol. sounds like u should start reading the manga
Dec 3, 2022 12:33 AM
Oct 2022
If they really want to, they still have a lot of unused chapters in takagi, and they could make a new show for moto version, since the moto manga is pretty far.
Dec 6, 2022 6:32 AM
Nov 2021
I am a manga reader. Soichirio Yamamoto,the author hasn't yet completed the manga yet. There is still not a confession. Even though they completed 3 years of middle school. The things that left are only going to high school, college and Confession. Still in manga, they are just middle schoolers at their end of middle school life. I am sure the manga will be completed within 1 or 2 years, if you only consider their middle school life and there is much higher chance of animating. The only thing that stops the manga from animating is that there is no much materials left and the author's not completing of the manga yet. If season 4 is also with just the teasing stuff, many will hate the series. So completion of manga is the choice here.
Dec 17, 2022 4:10 PM
Aug 2016
zhennnc said:
I think the anime adaptation doesn’t follow the manga story, a lot of stuff from Season 3’s original.

I’m not sure tho

Yes, if doesn't. Actually, the manga is even behind regards of the events (in the manga they're in 2nd year of middle school while the movie is about their last summer at middle schooler).
Jan 2, 2023 8:50 AM

Nov 2013
@Borealic
There has been no confession scene in the manga as of yet. It's still on-going.

However, there's a spin-off about the trio we see in after-credit scene.

Many, me included, would love to see the confession that likely happened during their High-school years. Still, I don't think the story feels incomplete without it. The movie left me with a very good aftertaste. 

Jan 2, 2023 11:18 AM
Review Moderator
Onii Chan

Mar 2018
I think it would be fine to end it here, I am absolutely satisfied.
Jan 2, 2023 11:07 PM
Sep 2021
Shairaajk said:
I am a manga reader. Soichirio Yamamoto,the author hasn't yet completed the manga yet. There is still not a confession. Even though they completed 3 years of middle school. The things that left are only going to high school, college and Confession. Still in manga, they are just middle schoolers at their end of middle school life. I am sure the manga will be completed within 1 or 2 years, if you only consider their middle school life and there is much higher chance of animating. The only thing that stops the manga from animating is that there is no much materials left and the author's not completing of the manga yet. If season 4 is also with just the teasing stuff, many will hate the series. So completion of manga is the choice here.

since when were they in high school in the manga?
Jan 3, 2023 9:57 PM
Jun 2017
I'm not sure if the movie version is the last time we will be seeing Takagi, Nishikata in anime format, but if indeed, the movie adaptation is a great one..

but i still do wish there could be even a next season of the series as this is so cute and entertaining to watch
Jan 4, 2023 11:45 AM
Feb 2021
hmmm i personally they ended like a finale with post credit scene

but if we're me i would atleast continue till graduation and confession before showing that post credit scene in movie
Jan 5, 2023 4:10 PM
Sep 2021
This feels like the end of the animated series (at least for Takagi and Nishikata).

However, we did get hints of Chii in Season 02 and now at the end of the film.
So if they were to continue the series in anyway, it feels like they'd jump straight to Takagi-san (Moto).
Jan 6, 2023 1:04 AM

Jul 2019
Nah it should end here anyway. Movie should've had a confession but it was alright I guess. Unless they want to adapt Moto, that'd be fun.
Jan 6, 2023 9:44 PM
Aug 2022
I hope it's not the ending
Jan 22, 2023 12:43 AM

May 2015
What are you talking about? I haven't read the manga but Nishikata's "I will make you happy Takagi-san. Definitely. Always.Always." line in the movie was pretty much a clear confession. It had been made clear about Nishikata's character that he is not the  guy who would say "Aishiteru" or "Suki da". He had said clearly what his feelings were and Takagi-san understood it. And then later she gave her reply at the festival, she too clearly confessing her love.

Let go of the expectation that characters in this culture confess in a clear way stating "I love youuuu!!!". Japanese movies, literature or  even anime do it sometimes in a obscure way, for example showing metaphoric natural scenes like the moon (the classic "tsuki ga kirei desune", the moon is beautifull isn't it? ) or just showing a carp "koi" like in Silent voice. It comes from their restrained behaviour when they have to express emotions and stems as well from the traditional forms of expressing feelings in their high-literature in which love or other emotions are sometimes refered to in very obscure natural pictures.

Have you watched the anime Chihayafuru? Do you remember the waka on Chihaya's karuta  card?

"Even in the age of ancient gods, I have never heard that the Tatsuta River dyed its water in autumn red."

That is an example of how love can be expressed, you just have to decode it.

My point is that in the movie the confession was pretty clear in japanese standards.
IshitatesoJan 23, 2023 9:40 AM
Jan 24, 2023 3:35 PM
Nov 2009
I hate to say this but I think its the end, as much as I totally loved the series I was not nearly as happy with the movie.  It felt sooooooo rushed.  I really do hope there is a 4th season that truly takes place after the ending of the 3rd season I just sadly don't see it happening.
Jan 26, 2023 9:45 AM
Sep 2021
ACasualViewer said:
I think it would be fine to end it here, I am absolutely satisfied.
I also feel satisfied, we already know they are together by the post credit scene, and that's all I needed.
Jan 26, 2023 9:56 AM

Feb 2016
Ishitateso said:
My point is that in the movie the confession was pretty clear in japanese standards.
They could still make a sequel. I have seen romance anime with subtle confessions get sequels with "definitive" confessions, though I don't think those sequels are very good.
その目だれの目?
Feb 14, 2023 5:30 PM
Nov 2021
1tsuj1 said:
Shairaajk said:

since when were they in high school in the manga?

They are still middle schoolers in the manga.
Feb 15, 2023 8:05 PM
Mar 2015
im so sad this might be the end. one of the most enjoyable animes ever for sure..
Mar 27, 2023 3:34 PM
Dec 2017
Dang, I only just finished watching this movie! I can't believe it's the End.
Since the timeline is so different from the manga, I really see them not continuing this. I might be one of the few, but I got hooked on the teasing-with-subtle-romance format they got going.. so I'm personally not so crazy about Moto other than an OVA type conclusion for the anime story. I still do kind of wish they would've written in a confession, if they're following their own storyline anyways.. A random jump to high school wouldn't make much sense(if that is where their presumed confession would be). Just having them show up as happy adults right away kind of skips that satisfying reaction payoff. But maybe considering they're middle schoolers, the lack of an intimate yes is kind of fitting.
Apr 4, 2023 6:43 AM
Mar 2023
That should be ending for their teenage love affair because I think Nishikata's words and Takagi's reply at the end of the movie are already their confession :) (I really cried). However I still have high hopes and expectations for SS4, which may be adapted from Karakai Jouzu no (moto) Takagi-san. I also greedily want to see their first kiss and marriage scene, may be included in some episodes or an OVA? The only obstacle is probably a rather short chapter for an anime adaptation.
Apr 11, 2023 3:01 AM

Aug 2017
It's gotta be the end.

It's better when they don't milk things for money with no regard for creative beauty.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san Movie Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

ErenYeager_69 - Jun 10, 2022

108 by FZREMAKE »»
Mar 16, 1:40 PM

» did the confession happen?

PriyanshTheAnime - Jun 10, 2022

3 by ANormalUser »»
Jan 14, 2:46 PM

» Wasn't this film a tad too melodramatic and pointless

Cestlavie_ - May 26, 2023

12 by blacknemesist »»
Jun 17, 2023 2:05 PM

» do u need to watch this movie

NuggetBandit - Sep 17, 2022

2 by CarbonMD »»
Apr 11, 2023 3:02 AM

» I were smiling the whole time.

aurora_yuuki - Jan 27, 2023

7 by -DxP- »»
Jan 28, 2023 5:33 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.