Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 13, 2022 11:57 AM
Sep 2022
HAs anyone seen this
Jan 21, 2023 5:32 PM
Sep 2021
why this movie is so underrated?
Apr 3, 2023 5:31 PM
Mar 2016
4/10 imo. The movie had some nice moments, and his relationship with Kazune was cute. It really suffered from speedrunning through his life though. Because we didn't spend much time with the characters, it was hard to feel for them when major things happened.

I wanted a lot more time with Shiori. I didn't realize this was a companion movie, so I'll watch that next. It didn't help that the rough translation I was watching made it difficult to follow at times.

I will say, I did catch some feelings during the Shiori flashback compilation. Just the knowledge that he spent an entire lifetime trying to save her, and then seeing them reunited as old people was very sweet.

Kazune was definitely cute, but Shiori would be my choice.
Apr 3, 2023 7:28 PM

Jan 2021
Interesting premise, I feel like I learned a lot from this movie lmao, at some points I didn't even know what was happening and it was as if i was learning for something.

I did like how this anime portrayed the possibility to go between worlds and be someone else i suppose, at least we got an happy ending with Kazune & Koyomi, I also liked how we saw how they got married and lived their live fully, even the sad parts were nice. I gotta admit tho that I sometimes didn't understand what was going on so yeah, but that didn't matter to me that much, the anime itself had me intrigued and I kept on watching it, also it was sad that the older version of Koyomi couldn't save Shiori, although they had an nice time together for a long time, it was sweet to see that Koyomi wanted to save Shiori, sadly that never happened and they bid farewell to each other. I learned a lot from watching this.

The visuals and the characters in this anime was nice.
Apr 4, 2023 7:16 AM

May 2020
& he still didnt even end up with Kurisu!!!

The only two differences this movie has on the latter is that the assistant time leaped on the ending & Okabe didnt meet Kurisu!!!

I dont like Steins Gate 0 but unfortunately, 0 has a better ending than this!!!

" Kindness can sometimes lead you to trouble. "

Apr 4, 2023 2:28 PM
Aug 2020
I preferred this part than the other one, you have more great moments for me here, ost etc

Even the end was better…
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Apr 5, 2023 5:44 PM
Aug 2021
I watched this movie first and it was for sure an emotional rollercoaster for sure. the love that spans through parallel worlds is beyond comprehensible. now it's time to watch the other movie
Apr 5, 2023 6:39 PM
Jan 2020
this was mid and boring 
Apr 6, 2023 4:14 AM

Feb 2014
To every me that loved her and me that never met her, Im grateful eh. Parallel or not this was the right ending.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Apr 7, 2023 12:07 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
I still don't know wtf just happened exactly. Maybe I just don't understand it, but I have a number of linger questions like what happened to Shiori, which of the "parallel worlds" is ANYONE in, and could this have been a better experience if these 2 movies were merged into one? It wouldn't be 3+ hours long, because a LOT of scenes overlap and are reused. Speaking of, I saw somewhere that the animation here was supposed to be worse than the other one, but that's bogus, it's exactly the same mediocre quality, you won't even notice that they were produced by two different studios apparently, for some reason. Back to if this would be better if this were just one single movie: possibly. The split-movie thing kind of feels like it's being played as a gimmick, but I understand why they did it. It is fun to piece things together and to fill in the gaps of the story. The problem is, I think it makes the first movie, which ever one you watch first, a slightly awkward watch, as in the latter half the jam in this montage of some girl who comes out of nowhere- in this movie, it's Shiori. If this is the first movie you see, I'm sure you'd be like "yo who tf is this chick barging in on the story", even though she IS shown at the beginning, it still feels pretty random. And if you watch the other one first, well, same thing, but with THIS girl, Kazune. But whether this should've been one or two movies is a minor issue. The interesting thing to talk about is: which watch order makes for a better experience, and does it overall live up to the expectations that one would develop when hearing such an intriguing thing as "choosing either particular movie will change how you overall view the story", or something like that. I mean, sign me up, that sounds really interesting... but was it really as amazing as it sounds? Also, did Koyomi figure out a way to go BACK in time to save Shiori? We know THIS Koyomi at the end didn't, but maybe another version of him did? That part was super unclear to me, and I won't even try to answer that one.

But to answer the first question, I think the answer is pretty clear for me at least. Watching "to me, the one who loved you" FIRST (which I did), and watching THIS movie second, makes for a more happy ending I believe. Does it flow better? I can't really tell, I think it'd feel the same either way. The important thing is how it ends really. And I think watching this movie, "to every you I've loved before" FIRST, and "to me the one who loved you" after it, will maybe give you more depression, but overall make for a more emotionally impactful experience. Shiori is his end goal this whole time after all, to save her (I still don't know exactly what happened to her, like is she okay or what), so I think watching the movie focused on Shiori SECOND would be more appropriate. Now of course it's been said that it doesn't matter which one you watch first, it'll just make for a different experience. I'm also not sure if the one who wrote this story, or, stories, has openly said if there's an order that they specifically prefer. But if I were to guess, it would be what I think is the more emotionally impactful order: blue first, red last. If you want to avoid the risk of maybe having your emotions played with (which I doubt it will, hate to say it, but come on, this whole thing is rather dry and dull), then the other order, red first blue last (the order I watched it in) would be better, simply because it shows what happens AFTER Koyomi goes to the crossroads to see what the mysterious appointment was on his schedule. He comes back to Kazune, and they both continue living life in whatever world they are in. Not bad, probably won't make you cry. Now BLUE first, RED last on the other hand...

Idk if this counts as spoilers since they're both basically the same movie, but I'll tag it just in case for the people who are watching red last:

Now having watched both, it's time to rate both. Maybe if I understood it better the following ratings would be higher, but I just don't. That's my fault, but hey, it's my rating so I get to decide! Anyway, was feeling either a high-3/10 or a low-4/10 during the whole time while watching both movies. A 3/10 feels too harsh, I mean it WAS trying something pretty different, and you gotta give them kudos for that at least. Did it work? For me, not exactly. Maybe a slightly less convoluted story would've help. Now again, it's only convoluted for me because I don't entirely get it, maybe for you guys who totally get it, it's better. Or maybe even worse, idk. I'll give them both a 4/10, they're still not good enough imo to even be called "OK" and given a 5/10 score. They're essentially the same movie, both needing the other to properly stand, but I did enjoy the red one (sorry calling it by colors, it's just so much easier than typing out the full name, even though everything in these brackets is already much longer than the title itself lol) just a tad bit more. And it seems like most others think that way as well, if the slightly higher rating is anything to go bye. Red, despite showing less of the "ending" (old Koyomi returning home and being greeted by his grandkid) has a a stronger feeling of finality. I'm giving red a 4.2/10, and this one, blue, a 4.1/10.

I was really looking forward to watching both these movies. The whole idea was super intriguing to me. But unfortunately, it just wasn't it. I hope you guys at least enjoyed it more than I did.

NYANPASU
5700XT

Apr 7, 2023 9:56 AM
Apr 2023
Can someone tell me who is the girl that helps koyomi gets his medicine? In my understanding it sounds like kazune but i know kazune is his wife, im confused,😫
Apr 7, 2023 6:16 PM
Aug 2022
iamryugi26 said:
Can someone tell me who is the girl that helps koyomi gets his medicine? In my understanding it sounds like kazune but i know kazune is his wife, im confused,😫
Alpha-NineApr 7, 2023 6:19 PM
Apr 11, 2023 5:00 PM
May 2018
The movie use some UP soundtrack from Disney
Apr 11, 2023 8:56 PM

Aug 2020
Reaaaaaaaaaaaaally meh. Somehow it used 2 movies worth of screentime and the story is still convoluted. The pseudo science really bogs the script down.

I can at least say that this one is better than the other one. You dont really need to watch the other one unless you want to know what happened to the Koyomi that went with the father instead of the mother (I dont exactly recommend it). Mostly because this one has a better romance and every character interaction between Shiori and Koyomi feel so contrived in the other movie.

Kazune is best girl.
Keep scrolling
Apr 14, 2023 5:00 PM
Aug 2022
Apr 15, 2023 12:23 AM
Aug 2018
I feel the ending of the film is like 5cm per second and boku dake inamichi,

This movie has a happy ending for koyomi and kazune and even shiori she said she was happy,

because the first film showed Koyomi's struggle to save Shiori throughout his life but this film only shows the happy life of Kazune and Koyomi,

to be honest I like Shiori more than Kazune, I feel less satisfied without seeing Koyomi and Shiori marry and live together
Apr 15, 2023 11:32 PM
Feb 2023
Lredk said:

Biography

RomCom Lovers!
Apr 20, 2023 6:31 AM

Apr 2022
watched this second, right after kimi ai and i definitely liked this one more.
wish there could've been more of shiori and koyomi but i liked the ending, where they finally meet after all those years as elderly people.
nice to properly see how kazune and koyomi turned out though, as it was just skimmed over in the other movie. 
most of the movie is a 7/10 for me but i'll give it an 8 for the ending, it hit me.
Apr 21, 2023 6:53 AM

Jan 2021
this one clear the story better

Apr 21, 2023 6:53 AM

Jan 2021
ending was much more well defined than the other one

Apr 21, 2023 11:26 AM

Feb 2021
This was quite good, I really enjoyed the stuff with parallel worlds.
The ending was very satisfactory.
I also got that at the end of KimiAi when
I really enjoyed these two movies, the concept of being able to watch them in any order is really cool.
Apr 23, 2023 1:21 AM
Jul 2008
I watched this first and like this one more.
Funny that many people said "Boku" is the alternative world while the main plot is keep telling viewer about parallel worlds.
In my opinion, this world is the main world because of better outcome for everyone.
Apr 23, 2023 7:23 PM

May 2015
I feel like the end was kind of forced. Dude was about to die and they introduce the girl from a distant reality. Shitty plot device to make you watch the other movie.

The movie wasn't that bad by itself. It made me tear up a little bit. The story felt generic tho.

On to the next movie. I'll come back once I watch it.

Edit:
Ok I'm back. After watching both, I feel you only need to watch one of them.
It's kinda like the premise of the show itself. There are several ramifications in life, and you don't need to experience every single possibility. Same with these movies.
But if you still want to watch the other after starting with this one just skip to the end, around 10 minutes before and after the credits. That's all you need to know, and maybe a little of the start (to get to know more about the girl)

Anyway, not sure if it's because of the order but I enjoyed this one a lot more than the other. They are both still just ok. 7/10 (for both)
anikevinApr 23, 2023 9:19 PM
Apr 25, 2023 8:46 PM
Mar 2021
Super good story, Overall such a good experience watching it. I also love the whole idea of having 2 endings to this anime, although I believe that watching "To me, The One Who Loved You" first is the better alternative.

Not giving a 10/10 because I got lost in both episodes around 2/3rds which was kind of annoying, although in the end it did resolve itself.

I believe a solid 8/10 is fit here because it was still a heartwarming anime and it showed many good points of life in general.
10/10 recommend watching this anime and its counterpart as well.
May 1, 2023 7:25 AM
Nov 2021
The story was MIND BLOWING. The way this movie and the one other part were entangled was just AMAZING.
Btw this movie was connected to another movie named, "Kimi wo aishita hitori no boku e." Both of em were just mind-blowing.

The concepts of time traveling that shown in both of the movies feels too practical that you will want to watch it with your brain's content. By doing that movie will make you feel amazed. The ending, the decision of mc did make me cry.
"By changing great chaos, hou have to sacrifice greater things."

*For those who didn't understand: use your brain. This movie needs your concentration to understand.
jyouizou_sama69May 1, 2023 8:25 AM
May 8, 2023 8:50 PM
Jul 2020
I still don't understand what happened, but idk, maybe it needs another watch?
May 21, 2023 7:41 AM
Feb 2021
i chose this one cuz the other one start with the main character as an old man and don't like that
Jun 1, 2023 8:53 AM
Aug 2011
I like shiori, but the ending not my taste, maybe it best for koyomi to not meet shiori at all
Jun 8, 2023 8:40 AM
Jan 2023
Bischen langsam langweilig
Jun 10, 2023 9:03 AM

Feb 2020
That was quite a experience. This movie was much better than previous movie. Ending was great too.

Also i am glad i choose the right order. I wouldn't want to watch it other way
AdampkJun 10, 2023 9:35 AM
Click for a anime mashup!
BIO
Still not gone bandwagon u, keep crying. Here u are welcome to CRINGE at my EXISTENCE

Jun 10, 2023 2:46 PM
Mar 2021
It was ok When it was ok
Jul 3, 2023 8:46 AM

Jun 2020
Came here with KimiAi - BokuAi order. Damn, bittersweet ending.
Yeah I prefer this than the other one. This gives me some heartwarming vibes while the other is just pure thinking and stressed for the plot lol.

I'm still thinking that any watch order is fine and if someone want to only watch one from the two movies are okay too, I just recommend BokuAi more than KimiAi since the story is more clear and proper here.
Aug 6, 2023 6:45 AM
Jan 2021
I came from watching "Kimi" then "Boku". For me it is indeed better than the other movie. It is more straightforward in storytelling and was able to summarize the parts from the first movie. It was really a nice wrap for these two movies.
8/10
Aug 19, 2023 9:32 PM

Jul 2016
"KimiAi, then BokuAi" supporter here.

Yep, you definitely should watch KimiAi first and then this movie. Otherwise you will feel confused asf. Especially since KimiAi has mostly all the scientific explanations and exposition for you to understand the context during some crucial scenes.

But one thing is for certain tho. And that is the fact of Kazune being BEST GIRL in all realities! Already liked her in KimiAi but man did I end up loving her here. Cool beauty as well as a fantastic life companion. All her versions deserve nothing more than love and happiness. Especially the ones that went through hardships in their respective lives.

Overall, this was a very nice movie. Narratively more solid than KimiAi and featuring a way more satisfying conclusion. The interactions between Kazune and Koyomi as high-schoolers were amusing and the blossoming romance between them, from young adults to elders, was truly endearing to follow.
In retrospective, this movie indeed feels more "romantic" than KimiAi and that last message from Koyomi at the end was quite touching to hear.

7,5/10 -> 7/10 - Good to know Shiori had a long and happy life, by the way. Though it's a shame we never got to see how her life went after never interacting with Koyomi as kids.
Aug 21, 2023 4:43 PM

Jul 2020
I watched this movie second. Honestly, I wish I would've watched this one first. They both are pretty mediocre but I loved the Shiori character more than Kazune, who is sadly the main focus in BokuAi.
Sep 4, 2023 4:49 PM

Feb 2009
I simultaneously think this one would've been better as a standalone movie while also not really, because I know it can't stand on its own due to how uneventful it would be as a movie if it was on its own. While the ending was sweet and did tear me up a bit, I can't help but feel unsatisfied because I already fell in love with what Koyomi had with Shiori and how he worked his entire life for her, only for us to see this whole other life with somebody else. I don't dislike Kazune, but it's hard to see her as a heroine after all that's happened with Shiori.

You could say he succeeded in saving her and they lived happy lives but in the end, they didn't get their happy ending. I understand that Kazune was meant to be the heroine from the start though and the movie is trying to send a message about moving on and finding happiness despite having to overcome the loss of someone but it doesn't make it less heart wrenching.

Also, I'm not sure why this movie/LN was marketed as an interchangeable thing. It's one thing to suggest reading just one instead of both, which I can totally see. But if you are going to read/watch both, KimiAi first is the only order that makes any sense, both from a chronological sense and just comprehension wise
Feb 16, 11:19 PM

Nov 2011
Honestly, this one felt a lot better than the first half, no matter how many would insist to watch this half first lol The plots felt a lot clearer and the bgm was more spot on at almost every section. I really felt a distinct difference between this half and the previous half, honestly I probably like this half at least 2x more, even though this is Kazune route... But then, you also have to consider, in reality Kazune route is a lot more complete in a sense than the other half, both in plot and in the actual character (as far as the aging and the level of the relationship go). To those debating which one to watch first, from my perspective def this one 2nd, go watch Kimi first! You won't regret it. A candy is tastier after a bitter medicine XD (whatever that means... heh)

More topics from this board

» Nothing is good for Kazune

Ghefira - Feb 15

5 by rishamr »»
Feb 16, 11:43 AM

» 'BOKU' FIRST 'KIMI' THEN!!!

mufarari - Jun 20, 2023

8 by mafd12 »»
Feb 15, 8:02 PM

» Thoughts on Shiori?

arinthach - Sep 13, 2023

1 by fabiandewa19 »»
Sep 14, 2023 2:12 AM

» Watch order(IMO)

buzz737 - Apr 29, 2023

9 by Sparkletopia »»
Jun 10, 2023 7:46 PM

» did not understand

_KET - Apr 23, 2023

14 by Hystique »»
Jun 3, 2023 12:41 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.