Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Nov 6, 2022 9:50 PM
Feb 2022
It's the same for every anime so i really don't care.

Nov 6, 2022 9:51 PM
Feb 2022
abdullahnaeemq said:
demon slayer is mid, personally 4/10

Why do idiots watch those anime which you don't enjoy cringe asf .

Nov 6, 2022 9:52 PM

Feb 2019
People hate it cos it’s popular
Nov 6, 2022 9:55 PM
Nov 2017
I’d say the writing is kinda weak, it’s not bad but very basic.If I had one complaint about demon slayer it would be that.
Nov 6, 2022 9:59 PM
Oct 2021
cus its shounen, great shounen, but every shounen gets hate
Nov 6, 2022 10:05 PM
Aug 2022
because it is super popular with a 6.5/10 story and 10/10 animation
My thoughts
Nov 6, 2022 10:10 PM
Apr 2022
it has 8.53 !!!!!!
Nov 6, 2022 10:44 PM
Sep 2021
Most of the hate comes from its popularity. It’s kinda rare to find someone who will actually criticise it properly.
Nov 6, 2022 10:53 PM

Jul 2020
The character tropes are a bit stale and can get annoying times
Nov 6, 2022 11:12 PM
Jun 2021
Why are oranges yellow?
///
Nov 6, 2022 11:12 PM
Aug 2020
Unlike what people are saying, it’s not because it’s popular. It just has a lot flaws and boring characters which bothers some people more than others
Nov 6, 2022 11:16 PM
Jul 2021
Due to popular anime syndrome plus haters/trolls will always keep hating any super popular series in order to stand out, no matter what. So the wise thing to do is simply ignore such clowns who only want attention.
Nov 6, 2022 11:33 PM
Jun 2021
Flawed writing and annoying anime tropes
Nov 6, 2022 11:36 PM
Mar 2021
Because most people have no real opinions so they just hop on hate bandwagons to feel different and accepted
Nov 6, 2022 11:43 PM
Mar 2021
scrapertoop said:
Personally I love the anime and manga too. I find Tanjiro a good MC and the side characters are great too. But for some reason i have been seeing hate towards the anime. Share your thoughts on why you hate the anime.

it's very popular and not critically acclaimed
Nov 7, 2022 12:02 AM
Sep 2020
I think Demon Slayer is good anime but not the great, i mean worthy to watch 😅 but it's overrated.😗😗😗
Nov 7, 2022 12:08 AM
Oct 2022
the anime for me is a 8/10
i just dont like muzan for some reasom
Nov 7, 2022 12:12 AM
Nov 2021
it's cuz despite the fact that tanjiro and his two friends r well developed and interesting the villain is one dimensional lack depth beyond evil guy does evil things cuz he's evil and the rest of the world and side characters beyond a handful of exceptions is largely flat and undeveloped and the full scope of the world far to smol to fit a long running shonen format. I've said it before but this was a anime that should've been only a season long as it just doesn't have that much meaty plot to fill out three seasons worth and after u watch season one u feel like u have seen everything and don't feel motivated to watch more cuz it feels boring af and like way to dragged out to just to pad time and make it long for no reason. also tanjiro being the special who somehow can overcome anything with little to no real consequences is boring af he nvr looses at all which is one of the reasons I only watched it for a season. also the perfect resolution to every story come on boring af. the point is this anime big on animation crap on unique written, literally all flash and and no substance. at least in Naruto he actually looses from time to time and doesn't just magically win all the time with friendship power or a random flashback which was very annoying to put up with every single episode. this is why for me demon slayer is over rated.
Nov 7, 2022 12:16 AM
Nov 2021
one short form reason is the main character is perfect in that he can make friends with anyone,win the hearts of everyone and has no flaws and always wins. this is why I got tired of it after season 1+dropped it.
Nov 7, 2022 12:24 AM
May 2022
cuz it's boring 🗿
Nov 7, 2022 12:24 AM
Sep 2022
community is allways the problem, that said the community of every popular anime says that their anime is the best. that's all I have to say
Nov 7, 2022 12:30 AM
Jul 2018
Because it's extremely popular.
Nov 7, 2022 12:30 AM
Oct 2022
I think because this anime is very corny
Nov 7, 2022 1:02 AM
Jan 2022
Cuz it's popular. Mostly people hate it for being Popular. But it's popular bcuz it has a simple story and can be watched by anyone. It's not like anyone is claiming it to be greatest anime of all time. It is just cuz people don't like it's popularity 👍 🖤
Nov 7, 2022 1:24 AM
Mar 2021
scrapertoop said:
Personally I love the anime and manga too. I find Tanjiro a good MC and the side characters are great too. But for some reason i have been seeing hate towards the anime. Share your thoughts on why you hate the anime.

because many fans of demon slayer treats it as the best anime ever created which it isn't even close to
Nov 7, 2022 1:25 AM
Oct 2022
abdullahnaeemq said:
demon slayer is mid, personally 4/10

the question specifically asked it's hated
Nov 7, 2022 1:30 AM

Nov 2020
go and watch more anime

"I don't know about you
But I'm feeling 22
Everything will be alright if
You keep me next to you
You don't know about me
But I'll bet you want to
Everything will be alright if

We just keep dancing like we're 22, 22"
Nov 7, 2022 1:34 AM
Dec 2021
LivCTaylor said:
It’s a great shounen anime—people are always going to hate on & pick apart what other people like, & A LOT of people like Demon Slayer.

I love demon slayer, the plot and story line are super fun and I love the characters. HOWEVER the unnecessary sexualization of the female characters especially nezuko is v gross to me. I know it’s common in anime to make the women weaker/reliant on the men but it drives me nuts. But I still like the show that’s just one of the reasons why it’s not my favorite.
Nov 7, 2022 1:35 AM
Jan 2016
scrapertoop said:

Everything popular will get hate, just a fact of life:) just enjoy it without focusing to much on it.
Nov 7, 2022 2:03 AM
May 2021
It really isn’t, people just get annoyed because it’s so basic yet so famous. Their are so many better anime and shonen anime coming out but everyone focuses on Demon Slayer. It has the most basic plot and characters that people just feel…tired?
Again it isn’t even bad, it is a good show but people just ask “why this out of all of it?”
Nov 7, 2022 2:04 AM
May 2021
-Flaky- said:
because most people think that "animation carries" the show. but I think its a really good story......

It honestly has the most basic story. It’s a good one but nothing special. 6/10 plot with 10/10 animation
Nov 7, 2022 2:07 AM

Aug 2018
i like demon slayer thats it, as long as you like it dc what people say about it

Nov 7, 2022 2:08 AM
Jul 2022
Tanjiro is kinda mid as MC tbh
Nov 7, 2022 2:12 AM
May 2022
The grand challenge for the protagonist is kind of mediocre, and easily forgotten compared to other mc’s in the same category
Nov 7, 2022 2:15 AM
Dec 2021
scrapertoop said:

its hated? news to me. its a little overhyped i think and the story in s2 was a little lack luster but overall one of the best shows to air in recent years
Nov 7, 2022 2:16 AM
Sep 2022
Haven't read the manga but, out of shounens, demon slayer is bluntly just average compated to it and it does average stuff. Demons and elemental swords aren't so creative so it's not so fresh air.

Tanjiro is good. Hes not not great, he's not bad. A decent mc, better than others though. Zenitsu ruined s1 for me. Doesn't matter if he gets development, he was just unbearable. Inosuke was good, 2 hashiras we've met are enjoyable.

I'd say its only strong point is the animation. Other than that, there are better anime and shounens out there.
Nov 7, 2022 2:18 AM
Jul 2021
-Nir- said:
every popular show gonna get hate it's not personally against kny. it's just the show is really popular so it's getting a lot of hate

If you had more than 20 braincells you would know that isn’t true
Nov 7, 2022 2:28 AM
Jan 2022
i just think that every character has one single feature which they then tried to construct a multiöayered character around that one feature using flasbacks which mostly doesn't add anything to the story

the characters are annoying either because they are doing nothing at all are boring with no personality
or are just on drugs but not the fun kind

i really dislike the character develeopment too
but since the animation is 10/10 mostly
i'd say 5/10 at best

im sorry for typos but im currently on mobil
Nov 7, 2022 2:36 AM
Jul 2021
Last season had a whole bunch of plot armor and people will cling to any flaw when the show is as popular as it is. Mostly elitism within the community just like what you like and don't worry about it
Nov 7, 2022 2:51 AM

Apr 2021
I just didn't appeal to me that's why I don't like it
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 7, 2022 2:54 AM
Feb 2022
Glodork said:
scrapertoop said:

I personally, and many people like it, but both side characters brother in arms are very very annoying. One is cringe and constantly crying. The other is always screaming out of rage.
It draws many people into hatred of the show despite the fact that it's a good 7 or 8 anime.
Tanjiro is a good character, better than most in any popular anime.

And there's basic haters who pretty much hate everything that is not approved by themselves. Like flatearthers.

7 or 8 out of 10 is realistic but Tanjiro being a lot better then most Mc's from popular anime doesnt expres anything clear
Nov 7, 2022 2:59 AM
Dec 2019
Kimetsu is very good, but the people hype the anime so much, talk about it as the best anime of the world, anime of the decade and other things, that's the problem...
Nov 7, 2022 3:04 AM
Nov 2020
parasiteneve said:
So this is from my experience from going from anime to manga. I’ve watched the whole series in dub and EDA in sub. This is all my opinion - I’m a huge fan of the series.

First of all Zentisu can be a bit grating to start but his development through the series is *chef kiss*.

Tanjiro’s English dub voice is very monotone and annoying as hell at points which kinda disappoints me because his VA is so amazing.

I heard complaints from friends that season one had way too much talking during the fight scenes which I do understand but I personally don’t mind it.

The manga pacing is really weird but the anime does it so much justice. A lot of people have said as well that it’s only good for the animation but I think it has such a solid story.

Again I’m a huge fan I’m just trying to figure out reasons why people wouldn’t like it. I feel like it just gets hate because of how popular it is which is typical.

I watched it in dub and Tanjiro is monotone but I watched the movie in sub and it was definitely better more emotion.
Nov 7, 2022 3:09 AM
Apr 2021
xacier2006 said:
scrapertoop said:

It’s hated because it’s the best anime/manga of all time

Lol. Wtf are you saying? Your profile picture shows that you are a shonun tard.

I don't hate KnY. But the facts are facts. It is carried by animation. Season 2 is nothing but senseless fighting with some horny chicks for fanservice. And also they made Nezuko hot in season just for fanservice.

Plot is not good. Same as JJK and Fire Force. Some species kills MC's family member or just take a fight with him and now MC is on its journey to kill that species.

My Anime List: Link

All friend requests are accepted. Come say hi. We can be friends.

Nov 7, 2022 3:13 AM
Oct 2022
the story is so so, and get hated because toxic fandom that say kimetsu no yaiba best anime
Nov 7, 2022 3:14 AM
Oct 2022
It’s because it’s so popular, it’s a phenomenon that occurs regularly in our society with TV, movies video games even people, if you’re popular or well loved there’s going to be a certain percentage of people hating
Shizuku_420Nov 7, 2022 3:18 AM
Nov 7, 2022 3:16 AM
May 2022
because of the plot maybe.
Nov 7, 2022 3:18 AM
Nov 2021
Lightsrevenge said:
parasiteneve said:
So this is from my experience from going from anime to manga. I’ve watched the whole series in dub and EDA in sub. This is all my opinion - I’m a huge fan of the series.

First of all Zentisu can be a bit grating to start but his development through the series is *chef kiss*.

Tanjiro’s English dub voice is very monotone and annoying as hell at points which kinda disappoints me because his VA is so amazing.

I heard complaints from friends that season one had way too much talking during the fight scenes which I do understand but I personally don’t mind it.

The manga pacing is really weird but the anime does it so much justice. A lot of people have said as well that it’s only good for the animation but I think it has such a solid story.

Again I’m a huge fan I’m just trying to figure out reasons why people wouldn’t like it. I feel like it just gets hate because of how popular it is which is typical.

I watched it in dub and Tanjiro is monotone but I watched the movie in sub and it was definitely better more emotion.

Some people are watching anime (mainly) dubbed ? I saw an interview of dubbers saying that it's basically a one shot dub, because the market is very lucrative and companies tends to outsource the work. I know only two anime properly dubbed in my language (not English) so far : DBZ and One Punch Man (but it is also very good in Jap - not like DBZ IMHO).
Goku's voice is more mature (20~ish year old sound, instead of 5 year old kid screaming)

I never judge a character base only on a dubbed serie/movie/anime, it's pointless. I rediscovered Harry Potter when I watched it in VO a few years ago (I was 12 or so when it was out)
Nov 7, 2022 3:36 AM
Dec 2020
because its boring
Nov 7, 2022 3:40 AM
Nov 2021
Because is caried by animation
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Gurenge becomes top selling digital single song in Reiwa era

FZREMAKE - Apr 15

19 by HaremSevdalisi »»
Yesterday, 2:13 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 18, 2019

312 by CicadaRex »»
Apr 24, 12:21 PM

» I don't get it

n0tSamir - Jul 7, 2023

34 by guts4ever »»
Apr 22, 12:44 PM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 27, 2019

272 by CicadaRex »»
Apr 20, 4:20 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 20, 2019

282 by CicadaRex »»
Apr 19, 11:49 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.