Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Nov 7, 2022 11:12 AM
Feb 2021
it’s because it’s popular. anything popular gets a lot of hate as well. i personally don’t hate it, but i definitely don’t see it as top notch.
Nov 7, 2022 11:17 AM
Jul 2018
Nitram333 said:
It’s not, look at the score g. It’s like this weird hipster thing fools do.. I don’t get it. Contrarians gonna contrarian

It's hyped that's why it's score is so high.....

Look at Love is War s3, chainsaw man, and spy x family. Their scores are also stupidly high, falling in the 8.8 - 9.1 range. None of them deserve that high of a rating (even though I gave LiW s3 a 10).

Rating nowadays is a below average indicator of how good an anime actually is
Nov 7, 2022 11:52 AM

Nov 2020
Origen16 said:
Nitram333 said:
It’s not, look at the score g. It’s like this weird hipster thing fools do.. I don’t get it. Contrarians gonna contrarian

Look at Love is War s3, chainsaw man, and spy x family. Their scores are also stupidly high, falling in the 8.8 - 9.1 range. None of them deserve that high of a rating (even though I gave LiW s3 a 10).

They're still a very good indicator in my opinion, you just need to wait like 2 years from their release to stabilize
Nov 7, 2022 11:58 AM
Jan 2021
The ending of manga felt so rushed and so many characters were undeveloped by the time the manga finished. The art style is gorgeous, I’ll give it that, but the writing was so lackluster that it didn’t even matter towards the end. A lot of the characters were given sad backstories before they died to compensate for the lack of personality they had, which is a thing that a lot of anime do that makes me a little upset. It had a lot of potential, and I don’t hate it, but I think when people call it a contender for one of the best shounen anime that have come out recently, it’s a bit of a stretch. Giyuu is probably the most developed character in the whole series, which makes me a little happy because he’s my favorite. Not all of it is bad, but it’s not as perfect as people make it out to be.
Nov 7, 2022 1:06 PM
Aug 2022
i love it.i just follow the show and there are so many theories in my head and I'm excited for next seasons.just enjoy, breath
Nov 7, 2022 1:12 PM
Mar 2022
It is a good show and story, it just is overhyped and just a tad bit overrated
Nov 7, 2022 1:22 PM
Sep 2020
Psh. Try being a fan of Fairy Tail lol
Nov 7, 2022 1:35 PM

Sep 2020
Why would you ask the demon slayer fanbase why other people dislike the series? Since they're fans of an anime series they're obviously just going to say that "it's haters."
It's like asking the romans or the jews the question of "Who killed Jesus?" They're obviously just going to blame the other party right?
Nov 7, 2022 1:45 PM
Nov 2021
too predictable the mc is perfect even his flaws r perfectly flawed it's to genric and a culmination of trying to be inspired by all shonen yet lacking in any real punch aside from a few highs occasionally
Nov 7, 2022 1:46 PM
Nov 2021
also it's toted around as the newest best anime ever when it's ok at best
Nov 7, 2022 1:46 PM
Nov 2021
also it's fans blindly believe it's the greatest anime ever written even though that largely untrue of literally most anime ever made.
Nov 7, 2022 1:47 PM
May 2022
Goldenpanda25 said:
abdullahnaeemq said:
demon slayer is mid, personally 4/10

Damn harsh for mid

he prob thinks 6/10 is legendary
Nov 7, 2022 1:48 PM
Nov 2021
I think it also gets allot of hate cuz people keep saying it's better than one piece,when most of em haven't even watch one piece and it's like comparing a juggernaut of popularity to a brand new celebrity who's the new flavor of the month.
Nov 7, 2022 1:53 PM
Nov 2021
the thing also is allot of it's fans can't even critic the anime properly as their too busy going around pretending it's perfect. that isn't even remotely true though.the anime has one thing going for it amazing animated sakuga fight moments. also solid ish main cast inoske is the most well developed and interesting of the trio though. the other thing is I didn't like how tanjiro was basically deku but in feudal Japan. that was very cheap knock off lazy feeling to me. also it's over reliance on a ton over used shonen tropes made it feel bland boring and like to see if ur experienced n anime. it's fine if ur a beginner of anime but there's little to nothing for seasoned anime fans at all.
Nov 7, 2022 1:58 PM
Nov 2021
my last point is the world building is terrible is completely flat, devoid of depth and orginal personlity of any kind. unfortunately this also the truth of the entirety of the anime as well. also it annoys me cuz it had so much potential but decided to put all the development,which wasn't even that much towards the main three. explanation now over also one noticable annoyance I've seen is some fans saying it's ghibli level. spoilers it's so not as I've watched both lol.
Nov 7, 2022 1:59 PM
Nov 2021
Nogscy said:
Flawed writing and annoying anime tropes

facts no matter how many fans disagree this is true even dragon ball super had better writing btw
Nov 7, 2022 2:00 PM
Nov 2021
also it makes it worse when u try to point out the flaws and the fans act like ur being hateful when ur just telling the truth lol
Nov 7, 2022 2:25 PM

Aug 2018
MarkVijet said:
Spoonmaster12 said:
Literally every anime will get hate. You won't find a single series that doesn't get hate.
Duh, but the amount of hate is relevant

Demon slayer doesn't get any more hate than your average shounen. Everyone shits on MHA because it's too generic, recently Spy x family got viral and there was a storm of mid x family posts, when attack on titan final season dropped, people started bashing it for its CGI. Now people are bashing chainsaw man for it's cgi even though it's the smoothest animation I've seen in a long time. Demon slayer hate posts aren't even that bad comparatively
Maloween 2020 candies

Main candies:

Nov 7, 2022 3:09 PM
Dec 2018
It isn’t very original? The animation is what ropes everyone in. I’ve read it all and watched it all.
Final arc is pretty good but it’s not groundbreaking.

DS reminds me of so many late 90’s/early 2000’s series.
Nov 7, 2022 3:44 PM

May 2020
Softmaxx said:
That anime is fuqin generic with overused characters and sh-it ending, no twists at all animation is really good, nothing more.
Probably the most overrated show I've ever watched/read.

Tough guy tryna bypass swear in mal 🥶🥶🥶💀💀💀 (theres literally no filter for that)

Nov 7, 2022 4:19 PM
Oct 2022
Origen16 said:
Nitram333 said:

love is war deserves that score, its season 3 and built for that moment, SPY FAMILY cour 1 too was good and fun, deserve at least 8.5, CSM sp far is good but as a manga reader i agree this part of the story doesnt deserve that score yet. also how you didnt mention bleach , because for us who grew up in the 2000s and manga readers bleach doesnt deserve that score, there is no world where bleach deserve a 9.
Nov 7, 2022 4:38 PM
Jan 2022
overrrated asf for how mid it is
Nov 7, 2022 4:51 PM
Oct 2021
Nothing special about it yet. It’s like cheerios not bad but not great either. Just solid. Without the animation I don’t think it would be anything special. Haven’t read the manga so can’t speak too far ahead but so far it’s just ok.
Nov 7, 2022 5:00 PM
Jul 2018
k1rb said:
Softmaxx said:
That anime is fuqin generic with overused characters and sh-it ending, no twists at all animation is really good, nothing more.
Probably the most overrated show I've ever watched/read.

Tough guy tryna bypass swear in mal 🥶🥶🥶💀💀💀 (theres literally no filter for that)

You mean, we can write whatever?!
Nov 7, 2022 5:07 PM

May 2020
Softmaxx said:

My man you not gonna get punished for saying the words "fucking" and "shit" this ain't a kindergarten

But ofc you are not supposed to act like a weird toxic child too

Nov 7, 2022 5:08 PM
Jul 2018
incelskiller667 said:
Origen16 said:

love is war deserves that score, its season 3 and built for that moment, SPY FAMILY cour 1 too was good and fun, deserve at least 8.5, CSM sp far is good but as a manga reader i agree this part of the story doesnt deserve that score yet. also how you didnt mention bleach , because for us who grew up in the 2000s and manga readers bleach doesnt deserve that score, there is no world where bleach deserve a 9.

Bleach's rating is a 7.8, which I think is fairly accurate and consistent considering the fact that half of its episodes are filler.
Spy x family so far hasn't engaged me as much as an 8.7/10 show should
Love is war is good, but it definitely is not better than anime like FMAB and steins gate, which are similarly rated to it.
Demon slayer is, in my opinion, carried by its animation. Without the animation the show would not be sitting at the 8.5/10 it's at right now.
Nov 7, 2022 5:16 PM
Oct 2022
Origen16 said:
incelskiller667 said:

Bleach's rating is a 7.8, which I think is fairly accurate and consistent considering the fact that half of its episodes are filler.
Love is war is good, but it definitely is not better than anime like FMAB and steins gate, which are similarly rated to it.
Demon slayer is, in my opinion, carried by its animation. Without the animation the show would not be sitting at the 8.5/10 it's at right now.

i kinda agree that love is war is not on the level of stein gates or FMAB, there a many classics anime that comes in the 2000s taht deserve to be above it;spy family too deseves to be in the lower range of 8, i agree on DS,
Nov 7, 2022 5:20 PM
Jul 2018
incelskiller667 said:
Origen16 said:

i kinda agree that love is war is not on the level of stein gates or FMAB, there a many classics anime that comes in the 2000s taht deserve to be above it;spy family too deseves to be in the lower range of 8, i agree on DS,

Yeah it's stunning how much recency bias has affected the rating system. It's really concerning. Love is war is definitely at best a mid 8 show. The fact that it's rated higher than shows like code geass, FMAB, Steins gate, death note, and monster is ridiculous.

I'm not speaking on behalf of myself btw, but in general the entire community. There are flaws with love is war which I won't notice simply because I loved the show since the first episode, so I'm definitely biased there lmao.
Nov 7, 2022 5:27 PM
Jun 2020
Probably for the popularity that Demon Slayer has in contrast to their favorite anime of the people who hate it
Nov 7, 2022 5:28 PM
Jul 2018
k1rb said:
Softmaxx said:

My man you not gonna get punished for saying the words "fucking" and "shit" this ain't a kindergarten

But ofc you are not supposed to act like a weird toxic child too

Oh thanks! I didn't know that.
Nov 7, 2022 5:28 PM
Sep 2022
Spoonmaster12 said:
MarkVijet said:

Demon slayer doesn't get any more hate than your average shounen. Everyone shits on MHA because it's too generic, recently Spy x family got viral and there was a storm of mid x family posts, when attack on titan final season dropped, people started bashing it for its CGI. Now people are bashing chainsaw man for it's cgi even though it's the smoothest animation I've seen in a long time. Demon slayer hate posts aren't even that bad comparatively

you are quite right.
as an aot and spy family fan, i can confirm this. specially aot.
compared to shows like aot,
demon slayer hate posts aren't even bad.
Nov 7, 2022 5:52 PM
Jun 2022
pinkfoxboi said:
Nogscy said:
Flawed writing and annoying anime tropes

facts no matter how many fans disagree this is true even dragon ball super had better writing btw

W take, almost all characters are very one dimensional and arnt that well written.
Nov 7, 2022 6:26 PM
Jul 2021
people just anything just becus they love something else . its actually a very good show even tho its not one of the best but still i enjoyed it
Nov 7, 2022 7:11 PM
Oct 2022
Origen16 said:
incelskiller667 said:

Yeah it's stunning how much recency bias has affected the rating system. It's really concerning. Love is war is definitely at best a mid 8 show. The fact that it's rated higher than shows like code geass, FMAB, Steins gate, death note, and monster is ridiculous.

I'm not speaking on behalf of myself btw, but in general the entire community. There are flaws with love is war which I won't notice simply because I loved the show since the first episode, so I'm definitely biased there lmao.

yeah i was suprised when i came back on the site after so mny years to see the new rankings, classic showas are being pushed in the 80 range or not even in the top 100, for example i love gintama but havng so many entry in the top 10 or 20?
Nov 7, 2022 7:38 PM

Oct 2021
It's not hated, rather the opposite. It's not perfect, but saying it's absolutely horrible or everyone hates it is wrong. The score and popularity of the show wouldn't be possible if majority of the people disliked it. No matter what criticisms you throw at DS, you cant change the fact that countless people liked it and it was extremely successful.

Haters just have the loudest voices, especially here on mal forums where too many act like elitists. That may be why people assume everyone shares a negative opinion, when in reality majority don't.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

Don't try and get me to cook
I can take care of anything
else but not that

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

Nov 7, 2022 7:42 PM
Apr 2017
I for sure don't hate it, but other than some pretty animation it doesn't do anything special. The only aspect of it I do hate is Zenitsu, really. Other than him it's a relatively fun, inoffensive show that I probably won't rewatch anytime soon.
You can't stop at just brushing your teeth, you gotta floss as well.
Nov 7, 2022 10:38 PM

Nov 2020
Spoonmaster12 said:
MarkVijet said:

You might have a point. Unrelated to this conversation, but why do you rate Gintama s2 and s3 over s1?
Nov 7, 2022 10:43 PM

Aug 2018
MarkVijet said:
Spoonmaster12 said:

You might have a point. Unrelated to this conversation, but why do you rate Gintama s2 and s3 over s1?

wdym why do you rate?
Maloween 2020 candies

Main candies:

Nov 7, 2022 10:59 PM
May 2016
AwokenStroken said:
ktg said:

I've read 3 of your paragraph. It is easy to critisize something if you lie about it.
I didn't find any truth in those 3 paragraph, but nice try.

what did i lie about?

Lies in the first 3 paragraph:
- He sells "rocks" everyday: your first paragraph's logic stand on this statement which isn't true.
- CGI looks like San Andreas: no, it's currently the best animation and certain shots look extremely realistic, while San Andreas never looked realistic.
- The narration while there is no narrator: this is my favorite point. You have a problem with something that doesn't exist in the show. :D What you misinterpreted as narration is that the characters were thinking. That's why your whole 3rd paragraph isn't true.

So, not a single statement is true in those 3 paragraph. Good job.
Nov 7, 2022 11:00 PM
Sep 2021
RahulGupta300 said:
abdullahnaeemq said:

Says the person who gave Rent a girlfriend a 9 .
chizuru mizuhara is the best :)
Nov 7, 2022 11:01 PM
Sep 2021
Priya080929 said:
abdullahnaeemq said:

Why do idiots watch those anime which you don't enjoy cringe asf .
cos of the animation bro
Nov 8, 2022 12:15 AM
May 2015
I don't think it's terrible. I think it's okay for the most part. After reading the manga I believe it's a bit poorly written because it's the mangakas first work and can come off a bit basic in terms of plot and MC at times. By the final arc it's actually written a lot better. The animation of the first season however looks fantastic. Mugen Train and season 2 I find quite nauseating to watch due to the overuse and poor implementation of 3D animation. Does this mean I think it's bad? No, it's still well made but it's not for me. I think the story and characters lack crucial development but at times it can be a really good watch. I think the problem lies with the source material rather than the anime.
Nov 8, 2022 5:48 AM

Nov 2020
Spoonmaster12 said:
MarkVijet said:

wdym why do you rate?
In my opinion, s2 and s3 are much better, that's it
Nov 8, 2022 6:07 AM
Nov 2020
Glodork said:
Lightsrevenge said:

I watched it in dub and Tanjiro is monotone but I watched the movie in sub and it was definitely better more emotion.

Some people are watching anime (mainly) dubbed ? I saw an interview of dubbers saying that it's basically a one shot dub, because the market is very lucrative and companies tends to outsource the work. I know only two anime properly dubbed in my language (not English) so far : DBZ and One Punch Man (but it is also very good in Jap - not like DBZ IMHO).
Goku's voice is more mature (20~ish year old sound, instead of 5 year old kid screaming)

I never judge a character base only on a dubbed serie/movie/anime, it's pointless. I rediscovered Harry Potter when I watched it in VO a few years ago (I was 12 or so when it was out)

When I was new to anime I watched everything in dub but now I prefer sub most of the time. I don’t form an opinion about a character or anime based on a bad dub but other factors like characters that are well written and interesting and a good story.
Nov 8, 2022 7:56 AM
Mar 2022
demon slayer has a decent but very generic story and some really annoying characters the animation is God tier and the fights are good tho. But I would personally prefer Jujutsu kaisen it has better fights, less annoying characters and a less generic plot
Nov 8, 2022 9:31 AM

Jul 2019
The show got hyped and overshadowed a couple of other favourites of the community at the time. I particullarly remember the reactions to the episode in which Tanjiro (unsuccessfully) beheaded Rui. 50% of the comments were praise and 50% pure spite trying to find every real or suspected fault in the show/source material.
Nov 8, 2022 9:45 AM
Jun 2021
People like to nitpick or hate on a popular anime just for the sake of it because they want to be different.
Nov 8, 2022 12:44 PM

Aug 2017
Because of it's popularity and over used shounen tropes.

Demon Slayer basically offers the typical shounen experience but with better animation. It's nothing really special. It only stood out because of the animation and hype.

Nov 8, 2022 1:33 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Demon slayer becomes massively popular because it's simple, beautiful, and easy to consume like candy.

Others then look at that surging popularity and think it's because it's truly profound or deep or some kind of masterpiece; and then are sorely disappointed when they find that it is NOT that, and then proceed to take huge steaming dump on it

NYANPASU
5700XT

Nov 8, 2022 2:40 PM
Aug 2021
Because some people only think a luxurious meal has to have truffle, foie gras and caviar. Some people just dont want a simple endearing show. Then again, there are shows I don't like and I usually forget about them, while others feel the need to tell everyone why they think a show sucks.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

» Gurenge becomes top selling digital single song in Reiwa era

FZREMAKE - Apr 15

19 by HaremSevdalisi »»
Yesterday, 2:13 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 18, 2019

312 by CicadaRex »»
Apr 24, 12:21 PM

» I don't get it

n0tSamir - Jul 7, 2023

34 by guts4ever »»
Apr 22, 12:44 PM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 27, 2019

272 by CicadaRex »»
Apr 20, 4:20 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 20, 2019

282 by CicadaRex »»
Apr 19, 11:49 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.