Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Oct 26, 2022 11:46 PM

Nov 2019
So 'hypothetical situation' are not allowed to be interpretted as 'hypothetical case' and hence its brother ' hypothesis'? Naisu.

By the way, great job at photoshopping.
Help! I need somebody. Help! Not just anybody. Help! You know I need someone. Helpppppp!

Oct 27, 2022 12:50 AM
Neet Specter

Mar 2022
From this list, it's boa and esdeath but they're not my favorite options

Oct 27, 2022 1:30 AM

Nov 2019
_FRB_ said:
SgtBateMan said:

Oh my good, do I need to copy paste Google translation to make you understand that the only possible noun for 'hypothetical' in English is 'hypothesis'? Or are you capable of finding another synonym for 'a hypothetical case'?

I really thought your last post was a sign of progress in your understanding

we are going really off the rails here, like I said it is only a grammar discussion as long as you want to make it one, I would rather just know what made you dumb enough to respond to the thread in the way you did in the first place

yes, hypothetical on its own can in fact be a noun, from dictionary.com, hopefully this is suitable enough for you

you'll also note if you looked up hypothesis that it doesn't have a definition that makes it suitable for substituting it to mean a made up scenario, and look at that, hypothetical and hypothesis aren't even in each other's list of related words because they don't mean the same thing

wow!

And do you know that it's very rare for 'hypothetical' to function as a noun, and it would look so fucking stupid when 'a hypothetical case' makes much more sense? And only Americans use it that way, and an average one is able to speak 0.88 language.

and in this case scenario, 'hypothesis' also fits in the context, since there is no need to argue whether this suppostion is true or false, so it simply could stay as an asumption.

Try harder, mate.
SgtBateManOct 27, 2022 1:50 AM
Help! I need somebody. Help! Not just anybody. Help! You know I need someone. Helpppppp!

Oct 27, 2022 9:09 AM
Twintail Expert

Feb 2019
SgtBateMan said:
_FRB_ said:

I really thought your last post was a sign of progress in your understanding

we are going really off the rails here, like I said it is only a grammar discussion as long as you want to make it one, I would rather just know what made you dumb enough to respond to the thread in the way you did in the first place

yes, hypothetical on its own can in fact be a noun, from dictionary.com, hopefully this is suitable enough for you

you'll also note if you looked up hypothesis that it doesn't have a definition that makes it suitable for substituting it to mean a made up scenario, and look at that, hypothetical and hypothesis aren't even in each other's list of related words because they don't mean the same thing

wow!

And do you know that it's very rare for 'hypothetical' to function as a noun, and it would look so fucking stupid when 'a hypothetical case' makes much more sense? And only Americans use it that way, and an average one is able to speak 0.88 language.

and in this case scenario, 'hypothesis' also fits in the context, since there is no need to argue whether this suppostion is true or false, so it simply could stay as an asumption.

Try harder, mate.

I give up, I cannot beat such stubborn stupidity. I don't care if only Americans use it or if its rare (its not, it's a far more commonly used word than hypothesis which is used almost exclusively with regards to scientific reasoning). I showed you it in the fucking dictionary. You cannot call the made up scenario of the thread a "hypothesis". No matter how times you say it it won't be right. Continue to be wrong, people will notice. That's your problem now.

You still avoided the actual point I was making to you the entire time and wanted to make a grammar argument about a language that is obviously not your first and you struggle to make coherent sentences in. I'm not gonna derail the thread anymore with you after this.
Oct 27, 2022 7:44 PM

Nov 2019
_FRB_ said:
SgtBateMan said:

Try harder, mate.

I give up, I cannot beat such stubborn stupidity. I don't care if only Americans use it or if its rare (its not, it's a far more commonly used word than hypothesis which is used almost exclusively with regards to scientific reasoning). I showed you it in the fucking dictionary. You cannot call the made up scenario of the thread a "hypothesis". No matter how times you say it it won't be right. Continue to be wrong, people will notice. That's your problem now.

You still avoided the actual point I was making to you the entire time and wanted to make a grammar argument about a language that is obviously not your first and you struggle to make coherent sentences in. I'm not gonna derail the thread anymore with you after this.

What dictionary? Is it written and published by well-known English scholars or what? I can give you plenty examples of speaking language that is wrong in written language, and yours is one amonhst them. The online dictionary you used sadly doesn't even notice it as a rare and extremely informal meaning.

E.g: Shrimpy is a common used word in Australia, yet isn't used in written documents.
SgtBateManOct 27, 2022 7:52 PM

Oct 27, 2022 8:15 PM

Aug 2022
-Shizuna- said:
Wondering who picked Nava Milim...
wondering who made that an option huh.....best mal suggestion ever - https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=2047945
Oct 27, 2022 8:36 PM

Aug 2022
I haven't watched the anime but she seems really good it's like she's a - good girl in the streets and bad girls in the sheets
So i guess she is a good motherbest mal suggestion ever - https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=2047945
Jun 27, 2023 2:12 PM

Feb 2011
New MALers, I'm interested to see your votes and read your answers.
Jun 27, 2023 2:57 PM

May 2015
The mother of my child aren't gonna be a non-existent 2d character, what's wrong with you ppl....
Jun 27, 2023 3:47 PM

Oct 2010
Orihime leading makes me think that mal is not yet lost
Jun 28, 2023 4:31 AM

Dec 2013
Esdeath

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Your biggest why …?

Yonahim_Zz - 3 hours ago

19 by Cammell »»
1 minute ago

» Are you involved in any fandom activity?

RobertBobert - May 10

42 by Cammell »»
3 minutes ago

» mal/Confessions ( 1 2 )

NoelleIsSleepy - May 10

79 by Asphiee »»
19 minutes ago

Poll: » should characters be smart or mature for you to enjoy them?

deg - 6 hours ago

14 by Lemurians »»
20 minutes ago

» Woke Companies Force Japanese Sites to Censor Anime and Manga Content or Shutdown ( 1 2 3 )

rohan121 - May 9

120 by Phantomnocomics »»
27 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.