Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Oct 24, 2022 5:21 AM

Mar 2018
An interesting original anime from P.A. Works
Oct 24, 2022 5:47 AM
Jul 2021
I like this from PA Works. They're a very creative studio... And now they're making 2 original animes in a row

If Akiba Maid War is consistent with it's entertainment like in the first 3 episodes and if this anime turns out to be great too, then that would be brilliant
Oct 24, 2022 6:32 AM

Jul 2015
It would be dope, if it turns out that Akiba Maid War and Buddy Daddies takes place in the same universe and charwcters from those two shows would meet.
From the teaser I can tell those two have similar vibes.

Oct 24, 2022 11:19 AM

Sep 2013
Looks like spy x family but fujobait
Oct 24, 2022 1:33 PM

Feb 2021
imooh said:
Looks like spy x family but fujobait

Yes, I also feel like it is BL work.
Oct 24, 2022 4:37 PM
Aug 2017
Gay SpyXFamily???
Oct 24, 2022 4:57 PM
May 2022
MITB said:
I like this from PA Works. They're a very creative studio... And now they're making 2 original animes in a row

If Akiba Maid War is consistent with it's entertainment like in the first 3 episodes and if this anime turns out to be great too, then that would be brilliant

What is the other original anime they created?
Oct 24, 2022 8:26 PM
Jul 2021
Dillonger51 said:
MITB said:

What is the other original anime they created?

Akiba Maid War right?
The one airing this season
Oct 25, 2022 7:01 AM
Jan 2021
I can see this is lycoris recoil guy version
Oct 25, 2022 2:28 PM

Feb 2021
erzaalbarn said:
Gay SpyXFamily???

Maybe, let's hope for that.
Oct 27, 2022 3:46 AM
Sep 2022
erzaalbarn said:
Gay SpyXFamily???

I actually would love to see that. It's been a while seen we've got a LGBTQ+ anime coming. Alas, the two main characters are so fuxking hot.
Oct 27, 2022 3:47 AM
Sep 2022
Also it's made by P.A. Works, so we can really expect some quality arts and animation coming.
Oct 29, 2022 1:48 PM

Apr 2012
Code-Valhalla said:
erzaalbarn said:
Gay SpyXFamily???

I actually would love to see that. It's been a while seen we've got a LGBTQ+ anime coming. Alas, the two main characters are so fuxking hot.

DaxAdrew said:

This show was not promoted as a romance and the focus on children is almost 90% making it a straight show for Japanese media.
Oct 29, 2022 11:28 PM
Sep 2022
RobertBobert said:
Code-Valhalla said:

DaxAdrew said:

This show was not promoted as a romance and the focus on children is almost 90% making it a straight show for Japanese media.

Well I was not refering to how this show could be a LGBTQ+ anime. I wanted a new LGBTQ+ anime in the future since they are so rare. I think the last anime of that kind is either Banana Fish and Yuri on The Ice which we got years ago ( though a new Yuri on The Ice movie is coming, I want an entirely new IP ).
Oct 30, 2022 4:30 AM

Apr 2012
Code-Valhalla said:
RobertBobert said:

Well I was not refering to how this show could be a LGBTQ+ anime. I wanted a new LGBTQ+ anime in the future since they are so rare. I think the last anime of that kind is either Banana Fish and Yuri on The Ice which we got years ago ( though a new Yuri on The Ice movie is coming, I want an entirely new IP ).

Banana Fish was also not positioned as a romance. And for that matter, these shows are not labeled as LGBTQ+. Their target audience is straight people of the opposite sex first and foremost.
Nov 6, 2022 7:38 PM
Apr 2022
RobertBobert said:
Code-Valhalla said:

DaxAdrew said:

And the fact that the synopsis is almost the same as Kumichou Musume to Sewagakari, ain't no way they gonna focus on the romance stuff (or most likely they'll not add it at all).
Nov 7, 2022 12:01 AM

Apr 2012
TomboyTamer said:
RobertBobert said:

And the fact that the synopsis is almost the same as Kumichou Musume to Sewagakari, ain't no way they gonna focus on the romance stuff (or most likely they'll not add it at all).

Well, the idea of ​​two guys or two girls having to look after a baby is nothing new. It can give BL or yuri fanservice through subtext, but not necessarily something really romantic.
Nov 7, 2022 12:05 AM
Apr 2022
RobertBobert said:
TomboyTamer said:

Well, the idea of ​​two guys or two girls having to look after a baby is nothing new. It can give BL or yuri fanservice through subtext, but not necessarily something really romantic.

I agree tho, they might gonna give some BL fanservice for the sake of attention, but IMO it would be better if they add none of it. I prefer some wholesome stuff where they taking care of that kid rather than baiting people so some retards gonna ship them.
Nov 7, 2022 12:15 AM

Apr 2012
TomboyTamer said:
RobertBobert said:

I agree tho, they might gonna give some BL fanservice for the sake of attention, but IMO it would be better if they add none of it. I prefer some wholesome stuff where they taking care of that kid rather than baiting people so some retards gonna ship them.

Well, obsession with "canon" and "intentions" is a purely Western thing. The Japanese are more into intrigue than any "are they gay or not?!"
Nov 8, 2022 6:47 PM

Oct 2015
Code-Valhalla said:
RobertBobert said:

who's gonna tell them...
Nov 8, 2022 6:49 PM
Sep 2022
Meimau said:
Code-Valhalla said:

who's gonna tell them...

HAHAHAHA I was not truly aware💀💀
Nov 19, 2022 2:03 AM
Feb 2015
this just seems like sxf rip-off
Nov 19, 2022 4:09 AM

Nov 2007
PV 1
New Key Visual
Staff
First two eps. pre-screening event on christmas
https://natalie.mu/comic/news/502065

Additional cast
https://natalie.mu/comic/news/506686

Christmas pre-screening event
https://natalie.mu/comic/news/506673
tsubasaloverDec 25, 2022 6:54 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Nov 19, 2022 6:29 AM

Nov 2015
Hope it's a yaoi.

Junelovesanime said:

Spy x family invented anime about childcare?
HACKs! 🤢🤮
Nov 19, 2022 10:55 AM

Feb 2021
erzaalbarn said:
Gay SpyXFamily???

It seems so!
Saeedlfc said:
I thought it would be a yaoi with that title, but it doesn't have the tag, if it isn't I'll check it out.

Yes, me too, certainly.
Old_School_Akira said:
Hope it's a yaoi.

Junelovesanime said:

Spy x family invented anime about childcare?

I hope for BL series too.
Nov 20, 2022 5:20 AM

Jul 2021
gay childcare series? based.

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Nov 20, 2022 9:18 AM
Feb 2012
The fact it does have two male protagonists it doesn't mean it's gonna be a BL.
Tbh, I'm an actual BL fan (yaoi tho, I like explicit stuff lol), but despite of that I don't like to automatically ship two guys just because they're close as teammates, colleages or friends ...but I can already see some girls doing it with this series.
Nov 20, 2022 6:42 PM
May 2022
Sulphide said:
Tbh, I'm an actual BL fan (yaoi tho, I like explicit stuff lol), but despite of that I don't like to automatically ship two guys just because they're close as teammates, colleages or friends ...but I can already see some girls doing it with this series.

Just let them do what their hearts content. Who knows if homoerotic subtext scenes will pop up and besides, it doesn't need to be canon as long as their relationship status stayed ambiguous.

Striving only to every canon couple will limit endless possibilities.

Not to burst your bubble, but millions of fans prefer intrigue than what it's approved.
StarryFruittyNov 20, 2022 7:21 PM
Nov 20, 2022 8:44 PM

Nov 2022
Excited for thiss
Nov 21, 2022 8:52 AM
Feb 2012
StarryFruitty said:
Sulphide said:

Just let them do what their hearts content. Who knows if homoerotic subtext scenes will pop up and besides, it doesn't need to be canon as long as their relationship status stayed ambiguous.

Not to burst your bubble, but millions of fans prefer intrigue than what it's approved.

The problem are not their fantasies or the fandom's ships, the problem is when some people really think two guys -fictional and real- having a close relationship are automatically a gay couple; like, they don't believe two males could have a nice friendship without it becoming romantic or sexual (I guess is a kink(?).
This obsession usually starts arguments inside the fandoms to the point of attacking others for having straight ships or for not shipping the two male leads. Sometimes this people attack the author for not making their gay ship canon even if the series is not BL, accusing the author of being homophobic.

Idk if it just me, but, like I already said, even tho I'm a BL fan, when I see a new show with two male protagonists, my first thought isn't about them being a gay couple, is just "oh nice, this seems interesting".
I don't have this huge urge to see BL in every fiction I read or watch; I just enjoy it the same way I enjoy reading TL/josei/smut. I don't wanna become obsessed with expecting to see BL in every show which has a bunch of males, to me it seems like some kind of homosexuality fetishization.
SulphideNov 21, 2022 9:42 AM
Nov 22, 2022 1:37 PM

Jul 2015
erzaalbarn said:
Gay SpyXFamily???

PA nor anyone from staff ever did anything gay and synopsis literally says that one of the guys likes women, so chances are slim.

Nov 23, 2022 12:56 AM
May 2022
Sulphide said:
StarryFruitty said:

The problem are not their fantasies or the fandom's ships, the problem is when some people really think two guys -fictional and real- having a close relationship are automatically a gay couple; like, they don't believe two males could have a nice friendship without it becoming romantic or sexual (I guess is a kink(?).
This obsession usually starts arguments inside the fandoms to the point of attacking others for having straight ships or for not shipping the two male leads. Sometimes this people attack the author for not making their gay ship canon even if the series is not BL, accusing the author of being homophobic.

Idk if it just me, but, like I already said, even tho I'm a BL fan, when I see a new show with two male protagonists, my first thought isn't about them being a gay couple, is just "oh nice, this seems interesting".
I don't have this huge urge to see BL in every fiction I read or watch; I just enjoy it the same way I enjoy reading TL/josei/smut. I don't wanna become obsessed with expecting to see BL in every show which has a bunch of males, to me it seems like some kind of homosexuality fetishization.

*sigh*

I get you, alright? And this thought of disgust came back in Spring when Nanami is introduced in the 7th episode of Paripi Koumei and you know what happened there?

Vocal minority of the internet instantly ship her with Eiko as if they were lesbians, which I always thought they were normal close friends busking around Shibuya. Seriously, I am not much of a fan of Eikonami|Eiko x Nanami.

Fetishes cannot be stopped and there is nothing we can do about it because at the end, they were a part of our dark sides.

All you have to do is to find your own place suited for yourself or make one from scratch.

P.S. You better not take away their enjoyment or freedom of shipping and as I said before, it's not fun relying on canon couples. Sometimes there were those controversies where authors intended for them to be gay, but either remained ambiguous or retconned at the end.
StarryFruittyNov 23, 2022 1:02 AM
Nov 23, 2022 1:04 AM
May 2022
Piromysl said:
erzaalbarn said:
Gay SpyXFamily???

PA nor anyone from staff ever did anything gay and synopsis literally says that one of the guys likes women, so chances are slim.

We'll never know if it's case for him.
Dec 3, 2022 8:57 AM

Oct 2017
People are just pumping out Spy Family replicas now.

@StarryFruitty if people like that who sexualize everyone want a space, then they should stay away from real life people and making a huge deal about it to everyone. Those people don't understand that people can be friends without it leading to eroticism. If it weren't so openly mentioned, an obsessive degree wasn't taken, and they don't treat literally everyone as a sexual object, then sure, they can go on with their lives but they're not immune from criticism, but that's not what they're doing.
"There's nothing that can be done about it" is a complete lie. People can change, especially when all of this is primarily caused by teenage hormones. And just because nothing can be done about it doesn't mean it's instantly justified. A pervert isn't any more respectable if they are "just like that"... And they can be stopped, consent exists. If someone doesn't want to see a fetish then they should have the freedom to. Ironic you saying people "can't take away their fun" when they literally are the only ones ruining the fun of the actual source by making everything about sexuality. There are thousands of other gay shows out there, nobody is taking anything away from them, but they're taking things away from everyone else.
And people aren't "disgusted" because they "see these characters as friends"... they literally are canonically friends.

There's enough fetishization going on these past 10 or so years with gay people, enabling and justifying sexual assault, treating them as sexual objects, and fetishizing two best friends, and honestly, we've all had enough. This is just a branch off of that.
BunilleDec 3, 2022 9:29 AM
Dec 4, 2022 4:55 AM
May 2022
Code-Valhalla said:
erzaalbarn said:
Gay SpyXFamily???

No need to say any of that, none of those yuri and yaoi anime meant to be as a support for LGBT+ or any social problem, they only meant to be an entertainment purpose, Yaoi for fujo and yuri for boys, that's how simple anime works.
Dec 4, 2022 5:50 AM
Sep 2022
IP1610 said:
Code-Valhalla said:

No need to say any of that, none of those yuri and yaoi anime meant to be as a support for LGBT+ or any social problem, they only meant to be an entertainment purpose, Yaoi for fujo and yuri for boys, that's how simple anime works.

I forgot the "yaoi" term actually exists😭😭. Also yaoi sounds WAY BETTER than "LGBT" shit because it actually suits. Now that I think about it, yeah it's not like they support the whole thing anyway, just for entertainment purposes. My condolences.
Dec 6, 2022 8:27 AM
Oct 2019
P.A Works Original are always intriguing.
Dec 23, 2022 8:06 AM

Sep 2013
Code-Valhalla said:
entertainment
IP1610 said:
Code-Valhalla said:

It's true that yaoi is generally made for a female audience, bara being made for gay men, but yuri is really not equivalent to yaoi and that leads to a big confusion. Yuri is actually made by and for women in many cases, and in its origins it was exclusively made for them, yuri made for men being a much later development. It also doesn't have the same sexual connotation that yaoi has, because lighter terms, such as shounen-ai (which is generally used to refer to non-sexual content) don't have an equivalent for yuri, as yuri is used for both sexual and non-sexual content. Shoujo-ai was invented by westerners because they thought it would be the same as with yaoi, when that isn't really the case.
Dec 23, 2022 8:15 AM
Sep 2022
Sarubadooru said:
Code-Valhalla said:
entertainment
IP1610 said:

It's true that yaoi is generally made for a female audience, bara being made for gay men, but yuri is really not equivalent to yaoi and that leads to a big confusion. Yuri is actually made by and for women in many cases, and in its origins it was exclusively made for them, yuri made for men being a much later development. It also doesn't have the same sexual connotation that yaoi has, because lighter terms, such as shounen-ai (which is generally used to refer to non-sexual content) don't have an equivalent for yuri, as yuri is used for both sexual and non-sexual content. Shoujo-ai was invented by westerners because they thought it would be the same as with yaoi, when that isn't really the case.

Definitely can see that considering I've only seen females in the Yaoi book shelfes in book stores so lol. But one interesting thing I noticed is bara's character designs usually portrays men as daddy-vibe, muscular, probs have six-packs, sweaty, manly men doing menly thing while yuri/josei portrays men as more of a 75% femboy + 25% manly with slick hair, elegant eyebrows, beautiful eyes and have perfect face shape. Is this a case of type preferences between two genders for the male gender or something else?
Dec 23, 2022 4:17 PM
Oct 2012
Another dud from PA Works.
Dec 31, 2022 5:07 AM

Jul 2013
Bunille said:

@StarryFruitty if people like that who sexualize everyone want a space, then they should stay away from real life people and making a huge deal about it to everyone. Those people don't understand that people can be friends without it leading to eroticism. If it weren't so openly mentioned, an obsessive degree wasn't taken, and they don't treat literally everyone as a sexual object, then sure, they can go on with their lives but they're not immune from criticism, but that's not what they're doing.
"There's nothing that can be done about it" is a complete lie. People can change, especially when all of this is primarily caused by teenage hormones. And just because nothing can be done about it doesn't mean it's instantly justified. A pervert isn't any more respectable if they are "just like that"... And they can be stopped, consent exists. If someone doesn't want to see a fetish then they should have the freedom to. Ironic you saying people "can't take away their fun" when they literally are the only ones ruining the fun of the actual source by making everything about sexuality. There are thousands of other gay shows out there, nobody is taking anything away from them, but they're taking things away from everyone else.
And people aren't "disgusted" because they "see these characters as friends"... they literally are canonically friends.

There's enough fetishization going on these past 10 or so years with gay people, enabling and justifying sexual assault, treating them as sexual objects, and fetishizing two best friends, and honestly, we've all had enough. This is just a branch off of that.
ugh, I am so sick of people acting like friendship doesn't exist

I disagree with homosexuality on religious grounds and got told to quit being so affectionate towards my best friend because it looked gay. Happened with more than one friend. Guess what? Still socially retarded, still not gay, quit having friends.

Now it's hard to see anything as straight since I know people are hyper aware of any subtext. Western media is even more full of this: friends don't exist. It's not worth to me arguing about shipping on the internet to me. I don't ship people anyways.

At this point in my life, I'd rather watch comedies where people take care of or protect children, or shows where people have no time for romance and just stab each other with swords. Combination of those two are best (see: Claymore)

I saw the title "Buddy Daddies" and thought it sounded hilarious, but if it turns out to be fujobait then I won't get near it.

If it's like SPY FAMILY, bring it on.
Dec 31, 2022 11:52 PM

May 2019
Somehow reminds me of Jackie chan's Rob B hood film for some reason. Hopefully PA delivers this time around.

Jan 7, 2023 4:01 PM

Dec 2021
towelgirl21 said:
I am so sick of people acting like friendship doesn't exist
Then look at the major part of the fandom and works. Many characters of different genders are being pushed to het romances.

towelgirl21 said:

I disagree with homosexuality on religious grounds
"Disagreeing" with orientation is like disagreeing with someone's eyes color.

towelgirl21 said:
Now it's hard to see anything as straight
What are you even complaining about? About a small % of the works that have an actual queer representation?

towelgirl21 said:
I don't ship people anyways.
We're talking about fictional characters, not real people.
Jan 7, 2023 4:12 PM

Nov 2009
towelgirl21 said:
Bunille said:

The most unrepresented dynamic in anime: Friendships. NO ANIME ever portrays friendship.

Sarubadooru said:
Code-Valhalla said:
entertainment
IP1610 said:

Bara is an outdate term that is not used anymore in Japan, and BL these days touches a lot of subject. Most of it is not even "Porn" lol.
Jan 9, 2023 11:10 AM

Jul 2013
Bernrika said:
towelgirl21 said:
The most unrepresented dynamic in anime: Friendships. NO ANIME ever portrays friendship.
True, anime has more friendship that doesn't end in romance in it than Western media.

The thing about friendship vs "oh yeah, they secretly were in love all along" is that you can't be clear that they're just friends unless they get with other people. Meanwhile you can just have two characters who were thought to be friends kiss in the last episode and bam! not just friendship anymore.

I guess I can just keep watching Pokemon, where the main characters are 10 years old. That limits the canon romance.

GHEYMomoshiki said:
towelgirl21 said:
I am so sick of people acting like friendship doesn't exist
Then look at the major part of the fandom and works. Many characters of different genders are being pushed to het romances.
I'm sick of that too. I've written my own fanfiction that fits in the General category just so I can read something where people don't make out.

GHEYMomoshiki said:
towelgirl21 said:
Now it's hard to see anything as straight
What are you even complaining about? About a small % of the works that have an actual GHEY representation?
Maybe that's not it so much as I am so sick of shipping. Like if two characters look at each other for a second too long, I get war flashbacks to Tumblr.

It's like sex is the end goal for every character, at least in fans' minds.

I try to stay out of fandoms, but sometimes I want to see memes with my favorite characters on them, or fan art or crack fanfics. Even if I don't interact with anyone creating it, it's discouraging that 98% of stuff I find is about shipping.
towelgirl21Jan 9, 2023 11:34 AM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Buddy Daddies Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 20, 2023

162 by Skadex »»
May 11, 2:38 PM

Poll: » Buddy Daddies Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 31, 2023

290 by PrimeX »»
May 8, 7:22 AM

Poll: » Buddy Daddies Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2023

152 by PrimeX »»
May 8, 5:59 AM

Poll: » Buddy Daddies Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 17, 2023

166 by PrimeX »»
May 7, 5:27 AM

Poll: » Buddy Daddies Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 10, 2023

109 by PrimeX »»
May 7, 5:01 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.