Forum Settings
Forums
The Executioner and Her Way of Life
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 23, 2022 2:41 PM
( °◡°)/
Oct 2021
Volume Five, Chapter Five; the Twenty-Fourth numbered chapter in total
AKA The Land of Salt

Well, it seems Sato-sensei has got a rhythm going now, where the yuri elements just kick in heavily for the final chapter of a volume xD

I don't think I'll ever get tired of reading the abstract means by which the yuri is presented in this series; never fails to make me smile, the descriptions of the guiding force connection and how it gets used between Menou and Akari. The development of the connection, to include the intimate sharing of one's experiences, as if they were your own is really good and the practical application in combat was good to see too.

I was slightly disappointed that Ashuna didn't partake in the destruction of the Holy Land, but it was still thoroughly entertaining that Menou, Momo and their situational allies pulled it off.

The biggest surprise of chapter no doubt came from Flare, not just her destruction of the sword of salt, but also her effective encouragement of Menou to become a taboo, framing it as the only means by which she could surpass her master. Interesting battle to conclude and it looks like we'll be treated to further master vs student battles in the future as well. I wonder what tricks Flare still has up her sleeves...

This chapter (aside from the Epilogue) marks the end of this volume and the beginning of my five or so month wait for volume six to arrive :(

Given that the epilogue occurs after this chapter, it's off-limits for discussion here, but my word is it interesting; possibly the most critical revelation/ clarification that readers will have come across for a long while in this series.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shokei Shoujo no Virgin Road Chapter 29 Discussion

JB-94 - Mar 29

0 by JB-94 »»
Mar 29, 4:57 AM

Poll: » Shokei Shoujo no Virgin Road Chapter 27 Discussion

JB-94 - Mar 28, 2023

0 by JB-94 »»
Mar 28, 2023 11:06 PM

Poll: » Shokei Shoujo no Virgin Road Chapter 26 Discussion

JB-94 - Mar 24, 2023

0 by JB-94 »»
Mar 24, 2023 2:18 AM

Poll: » Shokei Shoujo no Virgin Road Chapter 25 Discussion

JB-94 - Mar 21, 2023

0 by JB-94 »»
Mar 21, 2023 4:20 PM

» Questions after reading volume 3

mozgow - Jul 13, 2022

2 by JB-94 »»
Oct 14, 2022 6:32 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.