Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 2, 2010 10:45 AM

Nov 2008
I thought this manga would be absolutely terrible like Ichi the Killer. Both those manga series were just pure testosterone with no good story at all. Crying Freeman's first volume is amazing!. It's as if James Bond 007 was actually the world's best underground assassin.

I'm on a boat. No, I'm actually on a FLIPPING CHINESE MAFIA SUBMARINE!
arimakenshinMay 2, 2010 12:46 PM
Mar 19, 2016 3:13 PM

Aug 2012
The art gives orgasms to my eyes. Look at those cars. guns. buildings. Damn...
Dec 11, 2017 7:53 PM
Aug 2010
I think a problem people have with this manga is that they take the early volumes dead seriously and then decide "oh no, it's not good anymore" when it gets even sillier. From the get-go this series is self-aware weirdness and cheesiness mixed with genuine beauty and badassitude. It's not as overt about the comical aspect as Mad Bull 34 but I think this is 100% meant to be enjoyed as something creative, badass and weird and not as a deep and somber story. It's not meant to be "so bad it's good" or anything stupid like that, but it's silly over-the-top melodramatic fun.

Yeah, there are serious elements to it, but there are also silly ones. I mean, do you really think the man behind Lone Wolf & Cub wanted you to take the scene of Freeman crying through his goofy-looking mask dead seriously?

But yeah, absolutely kick-ass first volume.

More topics from this board

» Crying Freeman General Discussion *spoilers*

arimakenshin - May 2, 2010

1 by busterbeam »»
Dec 11, 2017 7:57 PM

Poll: » Crying Freeman Chapter 1 Discussion

alpir - Mar 19, 2016

0 by alpir »»
Mar 19, 2016 2:48 PM

Poll: » Crying Freeman Chapter 5 Discussion

ZetaZaku - Jun 16, 2013

0 by ZetaZaku »»
Jun 16, 2013 9:32 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.