Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (54) « First ... « 22 23 [24] 25 26 » ... Last »
Oct 11, 2022 10:01 PM
Feb 2021
o futuro é pikaaa
Oct 11, 2022 10:01 PM
Oct 2019
LINDO PARA KRL, PTMRD QUE ANIMAÇÃO PERFEITA EU SORRI DO INÍCIO AO FIM JÁ TO COM AS EXPECTATIVAS LÁ EM CIMA (Só a parte do modelo 3d que ficou esquisitinho mas isso era de se esperar, pelo menos eles manipularam os cortes com algumas cenas 2d pra ficar mais bem encaixado nas coisas em volta. Parabéns pra direção e pros artistas).
Oct 11, 2022 10:05 PM

Jan 2020
As a manga reader, I must say that the episode was great. I loved hearing Pochita’s voice, and I was so sad when he sacrificed himself in the manga, even though it was obvious. Anyway, although I wasn’t a big fan of the CGI, it wasn’t bad and the rest of the anime is looking great.
Oct 11, 2022 10:06 PM
Aug 2022
couldn't imagine the overall experience would be so good, i m in love with his small dreams.
Oct 11, 2022 10:13 PM
Fuwa_san

Mar 2013
Just finished ep 1.
I don't think I had a huge problem with CGI. It bother a bit but not that much.

Overall, ep 1 of Jujutsu Kaisen >>> ep 1 of Chainsaw Man for plot and execution.
Oct 11, 2022 10:24 PM
Feb 2021
awesome show, cant wait for next episode
Oct 11, 2022 10:28 PM
Dec 2018
Totally lived up to the anime! THE ANIMATION IS GOATED
Oct 11, 2022 10:30 PM

Sep 2018
Pretty good start, artwork looks fantastic. Still enjoyed the Bleach first episode a bit more, but Chainsaw Man premier episode is right up there as well.
Oct 11, 2022 10:33 PM

Mar 2016
watching this after so long feels so surreal.... i kinda wish there was more eye catching animation and an animated outro.......but i was too excited i couldn't even care too much about that. plus the 3D animation looked so good. can't wait for chainsaw man tuesdays for the next 11 weeks of the year
Oct 11, 2022 10:34 PM
Jul 2022
The wait was worth. Can't wait for more episodes and especially for my favs - Denji and Makima. I want to see them in action so bad.....
Oct 11, 2022 10:35 PM
Mar 2019
Numerous first-person shots were excellent, fantastic use of 3D.
Pacing for covering the opening chapter was about what I'd expected, which is good, as that opening chapter is essential hook wise. Rushing through would have possibly killed momentum going forward.
The voice acting is absolutely on point, and Denji's VA is a shocking knockout right out of the park! I don't know to what extent they coached him ahead of time, or if he somehow has VA credits so obscure not even MAL can find them, but he's perfect! His laughter during the slaughter was haunting.
Overall, visually ranges from very good, with slight caveats (a few awkward CG moments that could have used more fine tuning for one) to excellent, especially when it comes to the feel of weight and movement. They gave a great sense of how much momentum is being thrown around, such as the ending fight, or when Denji's trying to escape after being ambushed.
But the highlight for me, above even everything mentioned besides the accuracy to the source material, was the music and sound design. The sequence where Pochita meets Denji for the first time is even better here than the manga just with that added element alone, it's beautiful.
Oct 11, 2022 10:38 PM
Apr 2021
all that i have to say is... holy shit
Oct 11, 2022 10:41 PM

Oct 2019
That was a pretty good first episode, at first I was a bit underwhelmed and bored, but that was most likely due to me having already read the manga already, but once it got to the scene where Denji was raging havoc upon all of the zombies and then the zombie devil, I couldn't look away and just wanted to see more. It was incredibly satisfying to see it happen. I don't really feel the need to talk about animation because you expect it to be good already, so I won't touch on that aside from the point that it was very damn good and that it was better than I thought. Anyways, I will definitely keep watching.
Oct 11, 2022 10:41 PM

Aug 2022
This happened to my buddy Eric one time
k
Oct 11, 2022 10:46 PM

Oct 2021
Rewatched the episode again but this time with subtitles and higher quality. It's a pretty solid pilot episode. However, the great stuff only happens in the next few eps. I hope Mappa can maintain a good production for all 12 episodes without a drop in quality.
Oct 11, 2022 10:46 PM

Mar 2019
Pretty good. I really liked the atmosphere created in this episode. I didn't even notice the CG much. It blended nicely. My only gripe is the lack of animation for that ED... Hope that's not the case moving forward.
Oct 11, 2022 10:50 PM
Apr 2019
They nailed the animation from the manga in every way possible. Plus the animation is even higher with the ones of likes in Ufotable as well. MAPPA is really not messing around with the IPs they are holding right now, be that CSM or JJK.
Also, loved all the film references they integrated in their OP. And best of all I finally get to hear Pochita!
Oct 11, 2022 10:51 PM
Aug 2021
Awesome story and animation
Oct 11, 2022 10:51 PM
Feb 2016
I would die for pochita.
Oct 11, 2022 10:57 PM
Oct 2022
In Japan, I was worried when I heard that "this animation is being criticized overseas", but I was relieved to see everyone's evaluation.
Oct 11, 2022 11:01 PM

Feb 2016
Happy it's here but... Didn't reach expectations, I expect CGI parts always feel awks so meh don't care about that, but besides that they really fell short on the line timings and line pacing even emphasis during critical emotional moments, they could have done them so much better, especially as the first part of the story, it's really damn important.
Oct 11, 2022 11:03 PM
Nov 2020
Chainsaw go brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Oct 11, 2022 11:06 PM

Sep 2014
I have zero knowledge of the manga and only know of the show through its hype its been getting since the anime announcement and I had a good time with the first episode. It's pretty intense and dark, but it went by real quick. The CG kinda slid up and down the scale from really great to just alright, but it never got bad to me and overall the show looks great, like even with the muted color palette, I want some of the backgrounds as wallpapers. The animation and CG mixes well through most of it.

Action pacing was different than I expected, I guess I'm just so use to anime lately being so fast paced and crazy, and while this does have its extremes, the violence is abit slower, more weighted, movement more realistic (As realistic as something like this can be lol) and it works. I do hope the show pans out like people act like it should, not that I was disappointed in this first episode, but it's just a start to things and will need to see where the story goes before I'm 100% all in on this.
Oct 11, 2022 11:07 PM
Jun 2020
I loved the blood animations and can't wait for more well-animated fight scenes!
Oct 11, 2022 11:08 PM

Sep 2015
The animations were great, but the CGI felt off to me xD
August 6th 2023: Biggest upset ever, deception, selfishness, or scammed, manipulated. Heavy damage costs, and more. Days since: 15 Last updated: 8/21/2023

One Piece Episode 1041 & 1042 & 1047 & 1048 & 95.75%/1049 & 1053 were a mistake and Uta brought the salvation -AhriTheS3xyFox

Jul 2020
Imho very terrible CGI on denji devil form, and considering how much you will be seeing it, it's not a good look. Another concern is that this is only first episode, which usually has best things studios can accomplish. If this is best CSM can do, it won't be pretty
Nov 2020
The FMAB fandom are down voting CSM to shit and I'm not surprised .

Dec 2014
Nothing special for me tbh, just a regular male MC that is emo about existencial crisis and suddenly be killed to be reborn and get overpower ability, then simping over some alpha females.
Signature removed. Check your inbox
Oct 11, 2022 11:12 PM
Sep 2022
This is sOOOO good. GCI nya ga keliatan, ga patah, smooth, coloringnya oke banget.
Oct 11, 2022 11:14 PM

Mar 2019
I loved it....

But, i gotta say.. this type of semi-slow fights animations arent my favorite...

I hope next fights are in normal speed or even faster...

Or make the slow motion moments more precise and shorter...

CGI work improvement maybe.

Btw the OP song 10/10.
Nyan-Pasu!... [ Ara Ara ] [ Waifus ]
Oct 11, 2022 11:16 PM
Jan 2021
it was pretty pog yo
Oct 11, 2022 11:18 PM
Apr 2016
Muito legal e convidativo o primeiro episódio!!
Oct 11, 2022 11:20 PM
Jul 2022
it was just incredble
Oct 11, 2022 11:27 PM
Aug 2022
THIS WILL HAVE SPOILERS

Let me start by saying, I had high hopes for this.

Well the first few minutes were fine, there was a little bit of CGI that was noticeable. Sometimes it looked like the animators got lazy, but I was fine with that. After the opening, which I haven't watched, I noticed alot more CGI. Mostly the cars and background, sometimes the characters. Near the end when Denji is attacked by the zombie things. The animation got lazier and most of it was CGI. Almost all the scenes with the zombies were CGI. When Denji turned into Chainsaw Man they almost stopped drawing him, he was almost completely CGI. It wasnt even good CGI, If anyone has watched RWBY volume 1, then it was around that bad. I will watch the next episode when it comes out but if it doesn't get any better then I wont be watching anymore.

I am severely disappointed. I am hoping that Jigokuraku(Hells Paradise) isnt going to be like this, but I dont have much more hope.
my-precioussssssOct 11, 2022 11:49 PM
Oct 11, 2022 11:30 PM
Nov 2016
I don't know anything about this franchise, I haven't read the manga, the sypnosis, or the plot, I know nothing about this franchise so I went into it with an empty mind, I finished the 1st episode now and the Opening was pretty good too, it reminded me of Gantz, weird but interesting in a way.

What can I say, this anime started interesting, it's about hunting demons or devils or whatever and they have an interesting design, I dig it. The animation wasn't bad for the most part, it was actually pretty good... however... once the main character transformed into Chainsaw Man the CGI was very "in your face" and honestly, the CGI was very ugly, I don't dig this part... at all. Everything was good so far but the most important part was ruined with that ugly-ass CGI, goddamn it.

I really hope they tone that shitty CGI down, there are good CGI and there are bad CGI and the CGI I saw here was bad. I really hope they keep that shit to a minimum since bad CGI ruins it for me. I will have to give this episode a 3/5 only because of that ugly-ass CGI but everything else was great.

The manga is well-praised so let's see if this anime can meet the expectations.
Oct 11, 2022 11:33 PM
Aug 2020
The CG was terrible and choppy, makima’s VA doesnt fit her character at all, the way they animated chainsaw man looks goofy as shit
Oct 11, 2022 11:43 PM
Oct 2021
A pretty good, faithful, and engaging introduction.
Oct 11, 2022 11:43 PM
Oct 2021
A pretty good, faithful, and engaging introduction.
Oct 11, 2022 11:45 PM
Nov 2016
chazuke_tiger said:
If anyone has watched RWBY then it was around that bad.

As an RWBY fan myself I will have to chime in here.

I hate bad CGI as much as the next guy and I will admit that RWBY Vol.1 has bad CGI, however, I do praise the fight choreography in RWBY which is simply superb and way better than what I watched here in this first episode. I praise the things that needs to be praised and I actually praise the fight choreography in RWBY which amazing.

The CGI in RWBY gets better in Vol.2 and up and gets a lot better in Vol.4 and up too. I can forgive sloppy CGI if they at least do a good job in the fight choreography and RWBY has plenty of amazing action scenes.
Oct 11, 2022 11:46 PM

Jun 2015
Ummm Chainsaw sisters, I don't feel so good.....
What is up with the CGI and why does Makima's voice sound weird.
And why are the Bleach chads laughing at us???
Oct 11, 2022 11:47 PM
Aug 2022
xZabuzax said:
chazuke_tiger said:
If anyone has watched RWBY then it was around that bad.

I hate bad CGI as much as the next guy and I will admit that RWBY Vol.1 has bad CGI, however, I do praise the fight choreography in RWBY which is simply superb and way better than what I watched here in this first episode. I praise the things that needs to be praised and I actually praise the fight choreography in RWBY which amazing.

The CGI in RWBY gets better in Vol.2 and up and gets a lot better in Vol.4 and up too. I can forgive sloppy CGI if they at least do a good job in the fight choreography and RWBY has plenty of amazing action scenes.

I know the CGI gets better in RWBY, I myself enjoy rwby. much more than I enjoyed this. I should have specified in the first volume. Apologies for the lack fo specifications.
Oct 11, 2022 11:47 PM
Mar 2019
Fucking amazing !
Oct 11, 2022 11:48 PM
Nov 2016
chazuke_tiger said:
xZabuzax said:

I know the CGI gets better in RWBY, I myself enjoy rwby. !uch more than I enjoyed this. I should have specified in the first few episodes. Apologies for the lack fo specifications.

No need for apologies mate, all good! :)
Oct 11, 2022 11:49 PM
Mar 2019
Fucking amazing !
Oct 11, 2022 11:50 PM
Apr 2012
I feel like I'd like the first episode more if it wasn't so overhyped. So many people saying "peak fiction", "masterpiece", and it's just... that. Well, that's disappointing. I hope it's not just this what this anime has to offer because it doesn't live to the hype for me. So far the appeal seems just the gore and it isn't even that good.
Then you have more level-headed manga readers saying that it's good, but it gets better in the future. I guess I'd choose to believe them.
Oct 11, 2022 11:50 PM
Oct 2022
one of my favourite
Oct 11, 2022 11:51 PM
Aug 2017
It was pretty fun. I'm not hooked yet but I like Denji a lot
Oct 11, 2022 11:51 PM
Jul 2016
Could be exagerating on this one, but this might just go down as MAPPAs finest work to date.

I loved how u can feel/notice the weight of the characters as they move around, and the facial expressions when they talk seem authentic as well. (Check Zombie Devil)

Opening theme was a major banger too, it had a Dorohedoro taste to it. Plus the references thrown throughout it were epic.

Ending theme was not so much, since it was more like a recap of the episode edited out with a song. Can't blame them since I read somewhere that each episode will have its own OP+ED theme. That's wayy too much work.

For some reason I had a different sound in mind, so the sound effect added for the Chainsaw did not hit like that. A total miss for me. I think that the fighting against the Zombies could be executed far better as well.

This episode has so many positive aspects and way more to talk about, so lets just leave it at that n wait for next week.
moOnday_8Oct 12, 2022 12:07 AM
Oct 11, 2022 11:53 PM
Mar 2018
this shit too good
Oct 11, 2022 11:53 PM
Apr 2021
Weird in some areas, manga felt different than the anime. But in the end I still had a good time watching, wish it could have been better with the trailers and everyone hyping it up only for it to not live up to what it could have been.
Pages (54) « First ... « 22 23 [24] 25 26 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Dec 27, 2022

979 by CharlyBop »»
Yesterday, 5:26 PM

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Oct 25, 2022

859 by Over1dynasty »»
Apr 29, 9:57 PM

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Nov 22, 2022

731 by PokefanPT »»
Apr 29, 12:18 PM

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Nov 15, 2022

588 by PokefanPT »»
Apr 29, 11:06 AM

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Nov 8, 2022

629 by PokefanPT »»
Apr 28, 1:57 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.