Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Sep 29, 2022 11:13 AM
Aug 2022
as you know aren't to many visual novels that have a very good adaption, but steins gate it seems have an amazing adaption, and fate stey night have average adaption. but do you know other visual novel that have a good adaption
Sep 29, 2022 11:30 AM
Feb 2019
The original Higurashi is also pretty good. Its not as perfect as Steins Gate's adaptation.. but as an anime it works well enough.
Sep 29, 2022 11:34 AM
Nov 2016
I'm not a VN type of guy so I don't know much about VN's but yeah, I do agree that Steins;Gate has the best VN adaptation out there, it's my best anime too so they did one hell of a good job at it!

Re:Zero is also a decent adaptation of a VN (or Light Novel, or whatever...), personally, I haven't read the VN or LN or whatever the source material is, but I do like the anime though and it has a really good OST too so that's a plus, animes with a good OST helps a lot and IMHO, the anime of Re:Zero does have one of the best OST around.

BTW, speaking about VN's, I did watch the complete gameplay of Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward on Youtube and I freaking loved that game, I had no idea that was the 2nd game though, I haven't watched the gameplay of the 1st game but I believe it will be good too. I wish this gets a good anime adaptation too.
xZabuzaxSep 29, 2022 11:37 AM
Sep 29, 2022 11:35 AM
Sep 2020
xZabuzax said:
I'm not a VN type of guy so I don't know much about VN's but yeah, I do agree that Steins;Gate has the best VN adaptation out there, it's my best anime too so they did one hell of a good job at it!

Re:Zero is also a decent adaptation of a VN (or Light Novel, or whatever...), personally, I haven't read the VN or LN or whatever the source material is, but I do like the anime though and it has a really good OST too so that's a plus, animes with a good OST helps a lot and IMHO, the anime of Re:Zero does have one of the best OST around.

you don't even know what a VN is💀
Sep 29, 2022 11:38 AM
Nov 2016
human4ever said:
xZabuzax said:

you don't even know what a VN is💀

I know what it is, it's Visual Novel, I'm simply not a Visual Novel type of guy but that doesn't mean I can't enjoy it, I do enjoy it if they are good too.
Sep 29, 2022 11:43 AM
Aug 2021
the ubw route is pretty good for fsn, and I've heard that hf was well done too
Sep 29, 2022 11:49 AM

May 2021
hamidvvvv said:
as you know aren't to many visual novels that have a very good adaption, but steins gate it seems have an amazing adaption, and fate stey night have average adaption. but do you know other visual novel that have a good adaption

clannad and after story got a good adaptation
Sep 29, 2022 11:50 AM

Oct 2015
There are not that many VN adaptations, and it should stay that way

Aokana adaptation was terrible and i hope that summer pocket won’t be bad too
Sep 29, 2022 12:00 PM

Jun 2016
Higurashi is pretty good.
Npclucario said:

The HF films work best as companion material to the original VN.
In my opinion:
HF films as companion material to the VN: 9/10
HF films as a replacement for the VN: 5/10
Although I find the third film to be better than the equivalent part of the VN but that's kind of an unpopular opinion.
MEA·MENTVLA·INGENS·EST
Sep 29, 2022 12:02 PM

Feb 2021
As much as I have seen, Steins;Gate is probably the best VN adaptation. I don't know much about Fate or Higurashi, but i think they are good as well.
Sep 29, 2022 12:38 PM

Jun 2015
filimaua13 said:
The original Higurashi is also pretty good. Its not as perfect as Steins Gate's adaptation.. but as an anime it works well enough.

Theo1899 said:
Higurashi is pretty good.
Npclucario said:

The HF films work best as companion material to the original VN.
In my opinion:
HF films as companion material to the VN: 9/10
HF films as a replacement for the VN: 5/10
Although I find the third film to be better than the equivalent part of the VN but that's kind of an unpopular opinion.

I actually dislike Studio Deen's Higurashi adaptations. It lost the charm of the vn, gives Higurashi an edgy reputation, and butchered the scene of

It's still a fine standalone anime. But it doesn't reach the vn's heights, not even close, and isn't a good adaptation.
Sep 29, 2022 12:49 PM
Jul 2020
Odd that no one’s mentioned Clannad yet

Edit: my bad someone did
Sep 29, 2022 12:59 PM
Sep 2021
hamidvvvv said:

honesrly I've played through quite a lot of visual novels, and unfortunately the anime adaptations just aren't good enough. I believe some people have already mentioned Higurashi and Clannad. Clannads adaption was done well enough but higurashi... welll i feel like it just didn't capture it well enough in the anime, although I thoroughly enjoyed the gou and sotsu. Even ace attorney's adaptation was inadequate (for me personally). Not to mention danganronpa and other anime games like corpse party.
Sep 29, 2022 1:24 PM
Dec 2019
what about the all time best VN and anime,
Sep 29, 2022 1:47 PM
Aug 2022
filimaua13 said:
yeah, i liked higurashi alot, but i thought it's a light novel. and clannad i heard it's good adaption, but phantom of the inferno has amazing artstyle and ost, but it's average adaption, because vn has alot of routs and it's very hard to make it a good adaption, every routs aren't good alone. anime adapted one rout and made it very well, but for anime makes some storyhole
Sep 29, 2022 1:52 PM
Feb 2019
hamidvvvv said:
filimaua13 said:
yeah, i liked higurashi alot, but i thought it's a light novel. and clannad i heard it's good adaption, but phantom of the inferno has amazing artstyle and ost, but it's average adaption, because vn has alot of routs and it's very hard to make it a good adaption, every routs aren't good alone. anime adapted one rout and made it very well, but for anime makes some storyhole

No Higurashi is a visual novel.. or sound novel as its known for since it mostly relies on sound fx and soundtrack than visuals for its narrative storytelling.
Sep 29, 2022 2:14 PM
Jan 2017
Stein;s Gate, Higurashi and School Days
Sep 29, 2022 6:05 PM
May 2021
very few. i wish the other sci;adv games got good adaptations like steins;gate did
Sep 29, 2022 6:51 PM
Jul 2021
school days and clannad
Sep 29, 2022 7:47 PM
Jul 2019
Clannad&steins;gate
Sep 29, 2022 10:03 PM

May 2016
Definitely Chaos;Head, not a single doubt

/s
-
Sep 29, 2022 10:19 PM
Dec 2020
grisaia series
one of the best VN adaptation
Sep 30, 2022 4:20 AM
Nov 2019
SciADV_Maniac said:
Definitely Chaos;Head, not a single doubt

/s

i agree, what a t̶̶r̶̶a̶̶s̶̶h̶ masterpiece!
Sep 30, 2022 5:24 AM
Aug 2021
Personally haven’t read the VN but I enjoyed the anime of AIR and ef: A Tale of Memories/Melodies is my second favourite anime. Planatarian (the ONA) was a perfect adaptation (I have read the VN on switch) and the movie and OVA just added even more great stuff to it. Of course Steins;Gate, CLANNAD and all the usually praised ones are on that list to
KanekoKTIASep 30, 2022 5:30 AM
Sep 30, 2022 5:27 AM
Jan 2021
Clannad and Kanon (2006)
Sep 30, 2022 6:47 AM
Dec 2020
Danganronpa clears all of visual novels
Sep 30, 2022 7:20 AM

Jul 2020
Already been mentioned, but Kanon 2006. While Clannad has a fantastic adaptation too, it’s around the same level as its VN, whereas Kanon 2006 is actually able to completely outdo its source material.

"Truth is always a cruel thing."

Sep 30, 2022 7:58 AM
Jul 2019
Higurashi the 2000s one not the garbage sequel is not as good as the vn but still good from what friends have told me. I personally love the anime but haven't played the VN. Steins Gate imo aside from art and side routes the anime is my favourite version of the story. Clannad from what I've played (apart from tomoyo's route which is still a good adaptation just leaves out a lot) is a great adaptation. Little Busters Refrain is a very good adaptation too (s1 sucks balls though).
cringeylazySep 30, 2022 8:08 AM
Sep 30, 2022 3:30 PM
Jun 2022
the original higurashi and higurashi kai both are really good
Sep 30, 2022 9:40 PM
Apr 2022
hamidvvvv said:

Clannad is one of the best VN adaptation
Oct 1, 2022 3:53 PM
Jul 2021
I've read both higu and S;G and must say, that I like adaptation more than VN in S;G case (not a huge difference though), whereas higu VN is miles better than adaptation.
Oct 1, 2022 4:26 PM

Feb 2016
It's hard to say. Most of the anime I liked are based on visual novels I haven't played, so I have no idea if the games are any better. I was pleased with the following anime.

Shuffle
Rumbling Hearts
Akane Maniax
Nanatsuiro Drops
Hakuoki
Norn9
Steins;Gate
Planetarian
Kanon
Clannad
Little Busters
Kimikiss
White Album 2 (Introductory Chapter)
その目だれの目?
Oct 4, 2022 9:51 AM
Jul 2021
hamidvvvv said:

The only other ones are that are good are clannad, kannon, and higurashi… but higurashi isn’t even close to the VN when it’s about goodness… I’ve seen a lot, and muv-luv is pretty bad for skipping original stuff… the worst is obv Umineko cause… how could u purposefully ruin the second best thing ever made… steins gate is 3rd best if u wondering… Umineko is so good but they had to do it so dirty bruh
Oct 4, 2022 9:53 AM
Jul 2021
xZabuzax said:

BTW, speaking about VN's, I did watch the complete gameplay of Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward on Youtube and I freaking loved that game, I had no idea that was the 2nd game though, I haven't watched the gameplay of the 1st game but I believe it will be good too. I wish this gets a good anime adaptation too.

A visual novel is literally a video game… how could you call re zero (a novel) a f-ing video game u dum-arse… the light novel for re zero is a 10, I had the anime at 10 until I read it and now anime 8 and book 10… u a flippin kooky
Oct 4, 2022 9:56 AM
Jul 2021
xZabuzax said:

If u think zero escape is good then u are a failure… there are so many better VNs, also don’t say steins gates a good adaptation when u couldn’t possibly know u fraud… I bet U have never even heard of Umineko or monogatari u quan…
Oct 4, 2022 1:38 PM
Nov 2016
misterinfoman said:
A visual novel is literally a video game… how could you call re zero (a novel) a f-ing video game u dum-arse… the light novel for re zero is a 10, I had the anime at 10 until I read it and now anime 8 and book 10… u a flippin kooky

A Visual Novel is a video game? No shit, dumbass. As far as I'm aware Re-Zero has both a VN and a LN you dumbass, whatever the source material is, I literally don't give a fuck as I won't read it nor play it but it does have a VN too you imbecile. BTW, I did play and finish the VN of Steins;Gate after finishing the anime and yeah, the anime is a pretty damn good adaptation, dumbass.

As for the other shit you said, I won't even bother since you are an idiot and you ain't worth my time. Piss off.
Oct 4, 2022 1:54 PM

Feb 2016
Steins;Gate and Clannad anime adaptations are goated and are the gold standard for VN anime adaptations. White Album 2 I still need to finish the VN and the anime but I heard that was a banger too.

Fate stay night anime adaptations are divisive as well as Higurashi's.

The rest are mediocre or straight ass though
Oct 4, 2022 2:03 PM

May 2016
misterinfoman said:
xZabuzax said:

If u think zero escape is good then u are a failure… there are so many better VNs, also don’t say steins gates a good adaptation when u couldn’t possibly know u fraud… I bet U have never even heard of Umineko or monogatari u quan…

Why do you think Steins;Gate is not a good adaptation, I'm curious
-
Oct 4, 2022 2:21 PM
Nov 2016
SciADV_Maniac said:
misterinfoman said:

Don't bother, he's an idiot.

I won't be surprised if I embarrassed him in one of his alt accounts in another thread and since he's still butthurt about it he decided to attack me on this thread.
Oct 4, 2022 3:10 PM

May 2016
xZabuzax said:
SciADV_Maniac said:

Don't bother, he's an idiot.

I won't be surprised if I embarrassed him in one of his alt accounts in another thread and since he's still butthurt about it he decided to attack me on this thread.

I guess you are right...
-
Oct 5, 2022 4:05 AM
Jul 2021
xZabuzax said:
misterinfoman said:

A Visual Novel is a video game? No shit, dumbass. As far as I'm aware Re-Zero has both a VN and a LN you dumbass, whatever the source material is, I literally don't give a fuck as I won't read it nor play it but it does have a VN too you imbecile. BTW, I did play and finish the VN of Steins;Gate after finishing the anime and yeah, the anime is a pretty damn good adaptation, dumbass.

As for the other shit you said, I won't even bother since you are an idiot and you ain't worth my time. Piss off.

Bruh, re zero does not have a VN for the series… it’s a VN side series of wierd stuff that never happens… also… u really don’t like me, I mean… yeah, I came off a bit rude. But dang… u gotta be havin a bad day or sumthin bruh…
Oct 5, 2022 4:06 AM
Jul 2021
SciADV_Maniac said:
misterinfoman said:

I do think it’s a good adaptation… it’s the best VN adaptation anime actually… my bad for sounding so rude btw
Oct 5, 2022 4:38 AM
Nov 2016
misterinfoman said:
xZabuzax said:

Bruh, re zero does not have a VN for the series… it’s a VN side series of wierd stuff that never happens… also… u really don’t like me, I mean… yeah, I came off a bit rude. But dang… u gotta be havin a bad day or sumthin bruh…

Which is why I mentioned VN or LN because I didn't know what the source material was from those 2 and I didn't bother to look it up but from what I remembered it did have a VN.

And no, I'm not having a bad day but you started the insults so what did you expect? I don't take insults lightly, I'm a cool guy but I don't mind some shit-flinging contest from time to time, if someone insults me then I will simply insult them back, and yeah, you did come off as an unlikeable rude mofo in your comment above but at least you realized it so there's some progress here.

Anyway, for our sake, I will stop the conversation now because you had a bad start with me and this can easily snowball from here so keeping this up won't do us any good. Have a nice day.
Oct 5, 2022 4:52 AM
Jul 2021
xZabuzax said:
misterinfoman said:

Which is why I mentioned VN or LN because I didn't know what the source material was from those 2 and I didn't bother to look it up but from what I remembered it did have a VN.

And no, I'm not having a bad day but you started the insults so what did you expect? I don't take insults lightly, I'm a cool guy but I don't mind some shit-flinging contest from time to time, if someone insults me then I will simply insult them back, and yeah, you did come off as an unlikeable rude mofo in your comment above but at least you realized it so there's some progress here.

Anyway, for our sake, I will stop the conversation now because you had a bad start with me and this can easily snowball from here so keeping this up won't do us any good. Have a nice day.

Understandable, but long

More topics from this board

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Activelee - Aug 16, 2011

486 by Term4738 »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

shanimebib - Sep 13, 2011

1830 by wibugar »»
May 9, 3:19 AM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

LadyOrihime - Sep 6, 2011

685 by MrNobodyFN123 »»
Apr 28, 9:45 AM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Oosran - Apr 19, 2011

260 by OmBerry12_Bleach »»
Apr 24, 11:01 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

LadyOrihime - Aug 30, 2011

805 by Nemesis133 »»
Apr 24, 8:24 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.