Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Sep 20, 2022 2:06 AM
Apr 2020
NOTHING. Don’t expect anything, just watch the show (or read the manga) and see for yourself what it’s all about.

But on to the list then:

Things to expect: (Mild Spoilers)

- Great animation. This is evident from the trailer. MAPPA is bringing their best to this adaptation.

- Great music. Also evident from the trailer. Every episode will have a different ED (12 in total) and they have picked some great artists to do them (Eve, TK, Maximum the Hormone, to name a few)

- A simple, perhaps even “cliche sounding” premise, but ultimately an unpredictable plot that evolves into something truly unique later on (might not see this yet in the first season).

- A cinematic atmosphere. Tatsuki Fujimoto (mangaka) loves cinema and his passion for movies is poured into his works. The manga has a very cinematic feel to its panel flow, and a cool artstyle—and by the looks of the trailer, this visual quality is going to be also present in the anime. Chainsaw Man also has elements of Cosmic Horror, and other artistic qualities that will be really cool to see animated.

- Great fight scenes. A major selling point. The manga has some great gore and action scenes with creative powers and a good flow to the fights (no needless exposition or flashbacks in the middle of fight scenes for example) The manga is also fast-paced and action packed. You won’t have to wait for it to “get good” nor will you be bored watching (I hope, I certainly wasn’t).

- A fun, lovable cast of characters. This is, in my opinion, the biggest selling point of the series. Every character is fun, relatable and well-written. None have plot armor except one, whose is used for comedic effect later on. Chainsaw Man also has some top-tier waifus, but they are not bait, they are actual well-written characters, at least in my opinion.

- Not a lot of cliches. No weak ass mc (nor an overpowered one), no blatant waifu bait, no one dimensional villains, no uninteresting exposition etc. The rather unique and weird direction the story takes later on is one of the best things about the series imo.

- Shock value. (Minor Spoiler) No character is safe, and many of the twists in this show later on are very shocking and unpredictable. Reading it almost reminded me of GOT with its brutal willingness to kill characters. (might not yet see this in the first season).

- Potential for a long-running series. Part 2 of the manga has just begun and it’s really good so far. There is material for a lot more than 12 eps in this series, and it will most likely all get adapted at some point.

But what to expect most of all ...

- A divisive, potentially very toxic discussion around the series. Chainsaw Man is not a series for everyone, and it doesn’t try to be. However, those who like it, usually like it A LOT. So what happens when a rabid fanatic fanbase and a bunch of "too cool for this popular shit" haters clash—simply said; a shitstorm. Consider staying away from reddit, twitter and MAL threads once the show starts airing. Firstly, to avoid spoilers, and secondly, to avoid this toxic ass discussion around it. Just watch the show, enjoy it, or don’t—but don’t ruin it for yourself with this shit. Or do, who am I to tell you shit. But idk, kinda tired of the “overrated”, “mid” or “best thing ever” threads that just spark toxicity and salt and nothing else.
Sep 20, 2022 2:12 AM

Oct 2020
Himeno's kiss scene

Sep 20, 2022 2:17 AM
Jan 2022
side-effects of unemployment
Sep 20, 2022 2:25 AM

Dec 2021
Sex, blood, guts, and sexy girls
Have a wonderful day!
Sep 20, 2022 2:32 AM
Apr 2020
NoahNXT said:
side-effects of unemployment
lmfao, creative insult
Sep 20, 2022 2:56 AM
Jul 2018
It's not so well-written, deep, and profound like many fans think. However, it's exciting with a lot of gore, funny moments, and over-the-top characters. That's enough for me to have a great time!! Adding the anime components (music, animation, direction, etc), its enjoyment will skyrocket.
Sep 20, 2022 3:03 AM

Jan 2009
the memorable characters and their interactions will carry this more than its basic plot
Sep 20, 2022 3:08 AM
Jan 2021
I read the manga and I know what to expect. But I am worried about those who are over expecting because of the hype.

I am excited for opening song and 12 ending songs for 12 episodes. I think it never happened before.
Sep 20, 2022 3:15 AM

Nov 2016
- even if it tries to be different, there will be still plenty battle shounen tropes
- quirky and endearing cast
- hilarious interactions and random dark comedy. I really appreciated how spontenaous and upfront it was.
- fast paced action and sudden plot twists that keep you on the edge
- several scenarios that are a mix between dumb, crazy and awesome
- bombastic production

The first 12 episodes sadly won't cover the real hype stuff.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 20, 2022 3:38 AM

Mar 2021
animation and music
Sep 20, 2022 4:15 AM
Apr 2020
FMmatron said:
- even if it tries to be different, there will be still plenty battle shounen tropes
- hilarious interactions and random dark comedy. I really appreciated how spontenaous and upfront it was.
- bombastic production

TLDR; of this thread basically.
Sep 20, 2022 5:04 AM
Sep 2022
amoured said:
Himeno's kiss scene

God DAMN I wonder how accurate it would be.
Sep 20, 2022 5:08 AM
Sep 2022
FMmatron said:
- bombastic production

I guess with 12 episodes we’ll end on Reze arc that does hype up denji manhunt arc when season two comes though
Sep 20, 2022 6:31 AM

Nov 2016
MainstreamMoment said:
FMmatron said:
- bombastic production

I guess with 12 episodes we’ll end on Reze arc that does hype up denji manhunt arc when season two comes though

Once the International Assassins Arc goes hard we'll get banger episode after banger episode, no contest what's more exciting.

It's like comparing the Shibuya Incident arc with S1 of Jujutsu Kaisen.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 20, 2022 10:06 AM
Apr 2019
wait so as for the 12 different endings songs... does that mean each ending will have different visuals too?
Some things can only be achieved through animation.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Oct 18, 2022

1140 by PokefanPT »»
Yesterday, 11:39 AM

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

YoshePlays - Oct 7, 2022

2656 by PokefanPT »»
Apr 25, 12:11 PM

» Blu Ray sales aren't everything

CreepHazard - Feb 1, 2023

39 by EastIndiaCompany »»
Apr 25, 7:30 AM

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Dec 6, 2022

581 by Dark_zarich »»
Apr 21, 10:51 AM

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Nov 22, 2022

730 by Dark_zarich »»
Apr 21, 9:49 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.