Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Sep 1, 2022 2:06 AM
Jul 2018
Just binged the first season, decent show with a few laughs but i can't stand Kaguya herself. She is vain, arrogant, narcissistic and has no redeeming qualities. She only treats people nicely when it suits her, she will do anything for the president's affection even if it means being an a**hole to her friends. Chika and Hayasaka deserve so much better than this piece of trash. I know she's technically a tsundere/yandere hybrid and is meant to be like this but unlike others of her kind she doesn't show any genuine feelings for Miyuki, it's all about attention seeking and "winning" for her. In the entire show she was a decent human being on only 2 occasions, helping the little girl get to school and standing up to the French student for insulting Miyuki. Does she eventually get character development? im not sure i can put up with her if she remains the same and might have to drop this anime, which i don't want to do because all the other characters are so likeable especially Ishigami and Chika. This is all just my opinion, and i mean no offense if you like Kaguya.
EDIT 1 : According to most of you, she becomes likeable from Season 2 onwards. Very well then, i will start watching, thanks for the input.
EDIT 2 : The amount of Kaguya simps attacking me is actually funny, guys just go jerk off to her pictures if you're not gonna add anything constructive.
EDIT 3 : You were right, im half way through season 2 and she's already showing improvement. I don't think she will ever become a favourite of mine but im glad that i don't have to despise her anymore. Appreciate everyone for contributing, moderators feel free to delete this post if you want, i don't have access.
removed-userSep 3, 2022 8:58 AM
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Sep 1, 2022 2:16 AM
May 2021
In my opinion ,if you watch the next two seasons you will understand the personality of Kaguya and sure became a fan of her.
Shibam Dey
Sep 1, 2022 2:20 AM
Jul 2019
She's a terrible character don't even bother continuing the series it gets worse
Sep 1, 2022 2:20 AM
Aug 2021
shut up, kaguya best girl
Sep 1, 2022 2:23 AM
Feb 2021
She gets better imo. I already liked her in S1 and she gets much more development in later Seasons as you watched. Have a blessed photo of Kaguya below:
Sep 1, 2022 2:25 AM
Nov 2018
As someone who is up to date with both anime and manga I can safely say that Kaguya is in the top 3 of best developed characters in the series. If you have finished the first season of the show you should alerdy have a good idea of why she acts the way she does, and she has been shown to be self aware about this, wich at least is a starting point for future development.
Sep 1, 2022 2:32 AM
Aug 2022
there is character development in season 2 and 3, especially with her relationship with ishigami
Sep 1, 2022 2:34 AM
Apr 2022
Yeah same, I don't really like her himedere side.
Sep 1, 2022 2:35 AM
Mar 2022
WalterBlack59 said:
She's a terrible character don't even bother continuing the series it gets worse

Mate.. what are you on my man.
Sep 1, 2022 2:35 AM
Jun 2022
will you define what does it mean by better person? there are so many characters that you define now. did you question about them at any time?
Sep 1, 2022 2:36 AM
Mar 2022
Artorias_SZ said:
Just binged the first season, decent show with a few laughs but i can't stand Kaguya herself. She is vain, arrogant, narcissistic and has no redeeming qualities. She only treats people nicely when it suits her, she will do anything for the president's affection even if it means being an a**hole to her friends. Chika and Hayasaka deserve so much better than this piece of trash. I know she's technically a tsundere/yandere hybrid and is meant to be like this but unlike others of her kind she doesn't show any genuine feelings for Miyuki, it's all about attention seeking and "winning" for her. In the entire show she was a decent human being on only 2 occasions, helping the little girl get to school and standing up to the French student for insulting Miyuki. Does she eventually get character development? im not sure i can put up with her if she remains the same and might have to drop this anime, which i don't want to do because all the other characters are so likeable especially Ishigami and Chika. This is all just my opinion, and i mean no offense if you like Kaguya.

Ok so the whole reason Kaguya is like this is cause she’s in her “ice queen” phase but she slowly gets warmer and in s3 GODDAMN every character is perfect
Sep 1, 2022 2:37 AM

Aug 2019
If those are the things you don't like about her, then that's fair to an extent, because that's pretty much how the story characterizes her (although I do think you're exaggerating a bit). These are her character-flaws and the hurdles she is meant to overcome over the course of this story. So in short yes, she will get "better" in the following seasons in some of those aspects, but don't expect that development to happen quickly - Kaguya-sama's progression is fairly slow but also steady.
GooseflowerSep 1, 2022 2:45 AM
Sep 1, 2022 2:38 AM
Jan 2021
you will understand her reasoning and stuff for sure. Plus, if you read the manga, you will definitely like and support her
Sep 1, 2022 2:43 AM
Jul 2018
Stacias said:
shut up, kaguya best girl

Honestly i'd take an extra over her
Sep 1, 2022 2:44 AM
Jul 2018
Slayer777 said:
tf is this dumbass saying?? 😪😪

Im a dumbass for having an opinion?
Sep 1, 2022 2:47 AM
May 2022
She becomes slightly less annoying but series got better in season 2 in my opinion.
HacckroSep 1, 2022 2:59 AM
Sep 1, 2022 2:55 AM
Jul 2018
mr_simp2000 said:
will you define what does it mean by better person? there are so many characters that you define now. did you question about them at any time?

I don't mind her being a bit cold towards Miyuki as an attempt to hide her feelings, but i want her to atleast get off her high horse. Chika is also wealthy but you don't see her being a dick, Miyuki outranks Kaguya but you don't see him looking down on others. Ishigami pretty much minds his own business most of the time but he doesn't seem like a bad guy either. Kaguya's writing is good if the author's intention was to make people dislike her but then slowly grow fond of her as the story progresses and she becomes a better person. That is what i want, but if she remains the ice princess or whatever for all 3 seasons then what's the point? this is why i asked if she gets any better.
Sep 1, 2022 3:13 AM

Mar 2021
she is little bit annoying but she still a great character imo
Sep 1, 2022 3:29 AM
Dec 2019
Artorias_SZ said:

Look man, i would join the rest of these people in belittling you but I won’t, truth be told she does, now, watch the next two seasons to find out why/how, once you do, I’m not saying you’ll like any better, but you’ll think twice about what you just said today once you do.
Sep 1, 2022 3:30 AM

Dec 2014
Don't get trick by them into watching Season 2, it is hard to watch.
Signature removed. Check your inbox
Sep 1, 2022 3:31 AM
Jul 2018
Gooseflower said:
If those are the things you don't like about her, then that's fair to an extent, because that's pretty much how the story characterizes her (although I do think you're exaggerating a bit). These are her character-flaws and the hurdles she is meant to overcome over the course of this story. So in short yes, she will get "better" in the following seasons in some of those aspects, but don't expect that development to happen quickly - Kaguya-sama's progression is fairly slow but also steady.

Maybe calling her trash was a bit much but there were times when i genuinely wished someone would knock her out cold. For example, when she called Ishigami a worm compared to her, when she tried to use Miyuki's sister to get closer to him, the numerous times she chose her own selfish desires over Chika (who stuck by her even when she was more annoying than she is now) I can go on but you see my point. If you say Kaguya improves then that's good and im looking forward to it.
Sep 1, 2022 3:40 AM
Jun 2022
Artorias_SZ said:
mr_simp2000 said:

I don't mind her being a bit cold towards Miyuki as an attempt to hide her feelings, but i want her to atleast get off her high horse. Chika is also wealthy but you don't see her being a dick, Miyuki outranks Kaguya but you don't see him looking down on others. Ishigami pretty much minds his own business most of the time but he doesn't seem like a bad guy either. Kaguya's writing is good if the author's intention was to make people dislike her but then slowly grow fond of her as the story progresses and she becomes a better person. That is what i want, but if she remains the ice princess or whatever for all 3 seasons then what's the point? this is why i asked if she gets any better.

i see. don't worry. there will be great character building later. there is a point where she acts way too much colder than now but it's for 2-3 chapters only. then back to normal and starts going out with him.
Sep 1, 2022 3:43 AM
Jun 2022
also read 15th chapter in manga. it's not adapted in anime.

May 2021
It's just straight-up incorrect to say she has no redeeming qualities whatsoever.

Jul 2018
RequiemLo64 said:
Artorias_SZ said:

Look man, i would join the rest of these people in belittling you but I won’t, truth be told she does, now, watch the next two seasons to find out why/how, once you do, I’m not saying you’ll like any better, but you’ll think twice about what you just said today once you do.

Well if people are insulting me just for calling out season 1 Kaguya and not liking such a despicable character it's understandable, because they share the same toxic traits as her.

But most people, like yourself have been civil and say that she does eventually improve. So when/if i see it for myself i will happily edit this post and admit that she's a good character.
removed-userSep 1, 2022 3:47 AM
Sep 1, 2022 3:46 AM
Jul 2018
aLotQuestion_ said:
Don't get trick by them into watching Season 2, it is hard to watch.

lol now im so confused, some of you guys are saying it's better than season 1 and some of you are saying it's worse.
Sep 1, 2022 3:48 AM
Feb 2022
Even I felt that way back in S1, she gets much likeable for most people from S2.
Sep 1, 2022 4:04 AM

Mar 2021
No. She is still vain, arrogant, narcissistic till the end of season 3. But that's her personality. Personality is something you cant change for a character that easily, since it can ruin the plot completely. The main premise of the show is "First person to confess, loses". If this changes, the meaning of the entire show's background changes and won't make any sense. She does obtain redeeming qualities in the sequels, but that is all. You don't have to like a character to like a show. Just keep that in mind if you want to continue.
Sep 1, 2022 4:44 AM
Oct 2021
I’d prefer Kaguya’s maid as best girl ( I’m quite fond of her character and the atmosphere/aura she brings to the show )
Sep 1, 2022 4:45 AM
Jul 2022
She’s best girl.
Yo, anime are fun. Go follow my meme page -> @5hish1do on instagram, it would be really nice.
Tatsuki Fujimoto is the reason I’m still living.
Sep 1, 2022 4:52 AM
Jul 2018
Concealed9X9 said:
I’d prefer Kaguya’s maid as best girl ( I’m quite fond of her character and the atmosphere/aura she brings to the show )

Yeah i also like her alot, hope she gets more screen time. Chika is my personal best girl though but the maid is definitely in second.
Sep 1, 2022 4:56 AM
Oct 2021
Lol I preferred Hayasaka to end up with ishigami 😤
Sep 1, 2022 5:08 AM

May 2021
when you watch The next seasons you will See why her personality is Like that.
i cant say More without Spoilering
Sep 1, 2022 5:33 AM
ProfessionalDumb
Jun 2022
Artorias_SZ said:

just watch the next seasons, at first I thought of her as a classic rich and loaded tsundre too but her character really develops later into the series, but once she reveals her true nature she easily became my top 3 favorite character. I'm not going to spoil anything to you but it's just heart warning.
Sep 1, 2022 5:43 AM
Apr 2021
Many said that.Especially women.Dw shes getting nicer.
Sep 1, 2022 8:30 AM
Aug 2019
Kaguya gets better in season 2-3 also she has more development as well. Enjoy the show!
Sep 1, 2022 8:35 AM
Sep 2021
Artorias_SZ said:
EDIT : According to most of you, she becomes likeable from Season 2 onwards. Very well then, i will start watching.

first watch' full series then comment you noob
Sep 1, 2022 8:38 AM
Jul 2018
Aswin_s said:
Artorias_SZ said:
EDIT : According to most of you, she becomes likeable from Season 2 onwards. Very well then, i will start watching.

first watch' full series then comment you noob

If we're being juvenile alright i'll bite. Or else what?
Sep 1, 2022 8:41 AM
Jul 2018
I'll make it the more simple and spoilerfree possible

What you think about her is exactly how she sees herself and she gradually develops into a kinder person. So she will develop in later seasons.

And Fujiwara actually resembles the description you made about Kaguya ahaha, she just act like a nice girl because she thinks she is but she's very rude, selfish, childish and so on. She's only truly kind to Kaguya
Sep 1, 2022 8:44 AM
Sep 2021
I agree kaguya is like the worst part of the show still a really good show tho
Sep 1, 2022 8:45 AM
Jul 2018
WigoSas said:

What you think about her is exactly how she sees herself and she gradually develops into a kinder person. So she will develop in later seasons.

And Fujiwara actually resembles the description you made about Kaguya ahaha, she just act like a nice girl because she thinks she is but she's very rude, selfish, childish and so on. She's only truly kind to Kaguya

But so far every other character I've seen Chika interact with, she's been nice to them. The only time i remember her being rude is to ishigami but that was only because he "started" it i guess you could say. She can be a bit snobbish at times that's true. Guess i'll have to wait and see in s2 and 3.
Sep 1, 2022 9:04 AM

Jul 2016
Kaguya was raised that way. She gets nicer and warmer in the next seasons but she still sometimes shows that part of her personality since those attitudes are part of her core as character.
Funnily enough, that description you gave fits S3 Chika better.
Sep 1, 2022 9:09 AM
Jul 2018
SouthRzVa said:
Kaguya was raised that way. She gets nicer and warmer in the next seasons but she still sometimes shows that part of her personality since those attitudes are part of her core as character.

Someone else also said that Chika becomes worse, most unfortunate. She's like a walking hug from what I've seen so far :(
Sep 1, 2022 9:12 AM
Jul 2018
DioBrando_69420 said:
Artorias_SZ said:

Im sorry Dio but you're just not very threatening when you have to type (15 characters) every time. Just looks stupid tbh

.(15 characters)

(155 characters)

Sep 1, 2022 9:13 AM
Jul 2018
Artorias_SZ said:
WigoSas said:

But so far every other character I've seen Chika interact with, she's been nice to them. The only time i remember her being rude is to ishigami but that was only because he "started" it i guess you could say. She can be a bit snobbish at times that's true. Guess i'll have to wait and see in s2 and 3.

Ahaha it's kinda like knowing a person, the more time you spend with that person, the more you actually understand how they think and act

An example would be this, technically a manga spoiler but this event doesn't affect much of the plot, it's for comedy reasons and it's only mentioned in 1 chapter.
Sep 1, 2022 9:15 AM

Jul 2016
Artorias_SZ said:
SouthRzVa said:

Someone else also said that Chika becomes worse, most unfortunate. She's like a walking hug from what I've seen so far :(

Understandable. I also used to like her but for some reason (author not knowing what to do with her character, idk) she becomes unnecessarily mean and more childish as seasons go by.
Anyways, Ishigami best girl ♥
Sep 1, 2022 9:20 AM
Jul 2018
WigoSas said:
Artorias_SZ said:

Ahaha it's kinda like knowing a person, the more time you spend with that person, the more you actually understand how they think and act

An example would be this, technically a manga spoiler but this event doesn't affect much of the plot, it's for comedy reasons and it's only mentioned in 1 chapter.

Okay yeah that sucks, especially because she's close friends with his sister. So she's basically saying that Kei isn't good enough either and she even ate his lunch which was "commoner" food and she liked it. Im sure she's still sweet at heart though (i hope)
Sep 1, 2022 9:23 AM
Jul 2018
SouthRzVa said:
Artorias_SZ said:

Understandable. I also used to like her but for some reason (author not knowing what to do with her character, idk) she becomes unnecessarily mean and more childish as seasons go by.
Anyways, Ishigami best girl ♥

The reason for that "development" is she was planned to be the force of chaos. He planned her to be brutally honest and resentful but he decided to make her debut as a kindhearted character, probably because in early chapter it was more useful
Sep 1, 2022 9:27 AM
Jul 2018
Artorias_SZ said:
WigoSas said:

Okay yeah that sucks, especially because she's close friends with his sister. So she's basically saying that Kei isn't good enough either and she even ate his lunch which was "commoner" food and she liked it. Im sure she's still sweet at heart though (i hope)

She is, but easily distracted by selfish and convienient thoughts. And she's quite resentful, especially to ishigami
Sep 1, 2022 10:13 AM
Jul 2022
Dude you should give your opinion after watching all seasons or you will be demolished by fans.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 2, 2019

198 by Mikasaaaa234 »»
May 17, 5:56 AM

» WE GOT A WIN TODAY!!!!

TwigzLIVE - May 5

27 by 1Toxic2 »»
May 10, 5:30 PM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

shanimebib - Mar 30, 2019

477 by sainazrb »»
May 8, 2:05 AM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 12, 2019

384 by sukinhos »»
Apr 20, 9:15 PM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 26, 2019

296 by Intter »»
Apr 14, 11:26 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.