Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Do you think Berserk will be the greatest dark fantasy tv shows if adapted properly even for the non anime watchers.

New
Berserk will be the greatest dark fantasy tv shows if adapted properly.
Aug 8, 2022 4:22 AM
Jul 2018
So recently I start reading berserk after seeing the hype around the manga and I’m still on volume 30 but this shit is peak, I really love this, the only problem for me was disturbing parts, I know it’s not the problem of manga. I still can’t say it will be the best dark fantasy show, it’s game of thrones for me and If ever this manga gets a good anime adaptation then maybe I'll have to reconsider my opinion but I think it won’t change much.
Aug 8, 2022 4:37 AM
Feb 2022
Berserk better than game of thrones
Aug 8, 2022 4:40 AM
Nov 2021
yeah I do I wonder why olm didn't continue to adapt berserk. I thought 97 berserk was near berserk and they just didn't touch it for decades and another studio picked it up. If anyone knows why olm stopped doing berserk tell me.
Aug 8, 2022 4:42 AM

Nov 2021
Well, no one can predict the future, so can't say "there will never be a better one", but so far, "Berserk" is literally peaking in its genre, and among the top 5 manga of all time. But, I don't think any studio would be willing to do the work of re-adapting the manga, they might end up butchering it again, or maybe it wouldn't be as effective as the art in the manga. Still, as I said before, no one can predict the future, so maybe one of the studios will re-adapt it once the manga is finished.

(Desktop mode) ⬇️

Watching this season

My Anime list

Comment
Aug 8, 2022 4:48 AM
Jul 2018
rogueist said:
I'm more biased towards TV shows than manga but I’m thinking of buying rest of the volumes instead of online reading maybe that will change my opinion.

May 2022
i don't think it ever will become one.

there are already three versions of berserk adaptation, first 1997 version, which covers only up to 80-90 chapters and is considered good, though worse than manga anyway by many factors.
then we have a set of films, covering only golden age arc, if i recall correctly and which are not welcomed by fans, but have some potential.
and then we have the biggest mistake humanity ever made - berserk 2015 which is season 2 of 1997 series and a complete disaster, shitting on manga and fans' eyes with stupid 3d, but still ongoing, i guess.
and we won't see any promising adaptation in the future either, after so much tries, since none can beat manga in its storytelling and pace.

if you consider non-anime-watchers, there is an important criteria, which are novelty and relevance. berserk is kinda old, no arguing about that, and it may not interest new audience much. from here we also have that berserk lacks in being iconic. both those factors bury the series even deeper. e.g. naruto lives up to now because it is well known in the whole world and especially in japan.

and tbf berserk is not that good to become rivals with other dark fantasy, especially with movies and filmed tv series. i think, golden age arc is manga's peak, then we have clear downward tendency in both art and storytelling, only guts's development saves the series somehow. and now that we have mangaka dead and his friends and colleagues continuing berserk for him, only god knows what waits us, berserk-lovers, up ahead.

don't wanna break it to you, but even aot now is more capable of becoming the most popular dark fantasy series, since it is relatively new, relatively good, much more family-friendly (no rape fetishes or smth else), it has unique storytelling which blures the old protagonist-antagonist line and it simply is well-known across the world with many companies collabing with series.

as much as i would like your post to become true, i really dont see it

Nov 2021
Kasutoro-Kun said:
yeah I do I wonder why olm didn't continue to adapt berserk. I thought 97 berserk was near berserk and they just didn't touch it for decades and another studio picked it up. If anyone knows why olm stopped doing berserk tell me.

In 1997, it was planned to go as far as the eclipse, that's why they cut a lot of stuff out of the anime. The Eclipse ended that year in the manga as well, so there were only a couple unadapted chapters to work with. Not enough material to keep going with a full season, that's all. (olm was busy with other projects too).

(Desktop mode) ⬇️

Watching this season

My Anime list

Comment
Aug 8, 2022 4:49 AM
Nov 2021
itsrj20 said:
Kasutoro-Kun said:

In 1997, it was planned to go as far as the eclipse, that's why they cut a lot of stuff out of the anime. The Eclipse ended that year in the manga as well, so there were only a couple unadapted chapters to work with. Not enough material to keep going with a full season, that's all. (olm was busy with other projects too).

Ah ok that makes alot of sense
Aug 8, 2022 4:50 AM
Feb 2022
Cloyee said:
rogueist said:
I'm more biased towards TV shows than manga but I’m thinking of buying rest of the volumes instead of online reading maybe that will change my opinion.

Yes definitely reading physical manga is always a better experience
Aug 8, 2022 5:44 AM

Aug 2022
I don't think it'll ever get an adaptation that does it justice. But if it ever did, then I assume the reception would be incredible, considering how popular and high rated Berserk manga is on every anime site or social media platform.
Aug 8, 2022 7:38 AM

Feb 2019
Kasutoro-Kun said:

It was only made to promote the manga
Aug 8, 2022 9:22 AM
May 2020
easily but I really find it near impossible for there to be animation which translates the sweat of kentaros perfectionist ideals into animated format. but still if there was a possibility den berserk would be hold the mantle of the greatest anime alongside manga
Aug 8, 2022 11:57 AM
Nov 2020
oh for sure 100%. if a studio gives it a chance and puts passion into it then 100%
Aug 11, 2022 4:14 PM
Feb 2022
If it was adapted properly it would definitely be the greatest it’s already the best manga
Aug 14, 2022 6:19 PM
Feb 2021
Nah they should adapt Bastard though

More topics from this board

Poll: » Berserk Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Friendlysoul - Mar 11, 2008

514 by BenRei »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Berserk Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Zell182 - Aug 4, 2009

73 by Dakidhellsing »»
May 25, 3:52 AM

Poll: » Berserk Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Ston3_FreeN7 - Jul 25, 2009

81 by Heos »»
May 23, 1:03 AM

Poll: » Berserk Episode 8 Discussion

Zell182 - Aug 4, 2009

43 by Lun4t1cc »»
May 13, 4:53 AM

» Berserk Golden Age Sequel

18927 - Apr 21

22 by eaten-apple »»
Apr 22, 4:15 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.