Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jul 12, 2022 7:40 AM
Apr 2020
he is practically living with yor but still didnt figured out she is an assasin or atleast does something as a job which is not "normal"

yor isnt even good at hiding it. some examples would be her using pressure points against these animals or her gushing over deadly weapons in the museum. any decent spy should have caught that 3 times over.

a very obvious plothole in that series what do you guys think?
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jul 12, 2022 7:48 AM
Aug 2021
You aren't wrong but I don't think it matters.
Jul 12, 2022 7:51 AM
Mar 2021
ayaan692 said:
he is practically living with yor but still didnt figured out she is an assasin or atleast does something as a job which is not "normal"

yor isnt even good at hiding it. some examples would be her using pressure points against these animals or her gushing over deadly weapons in the museum. any decent spy should have caught that 3 times over.

You're right, that was a bit disappointing at first, but you have to understand that the series is much more focused on comedy and those details are part of its comedic aspect.
Jul 12, 2022 7:52 AM
cinnamon girl โ™ก

Apr 2021
who cares he's a great DAD and a DADDY. ๐Ÿฅฐ

Jul 12, 2022 7:53 AM
Jun 2021
i feel like this thread has been made 53666 times before
Jul 12, 2022 7:53 AM
Jun 2021
You don’t have to be an assassin to know pressure points anyone can learn them and pretty easily, Liking weapons doesn’t make you an assassin I love katana’s but I’m not an assassin

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Jul 12, 2022 7:54 AM
May 2021
Have you ever heard of dramatic irony?
Jul 12, 2022 7:55 AM
Jun 2020
The only reason they haven’t had him figure it out is purely for plot reasons alone. It would ruin the comedy of the show.
Jul 12, 2022 7:55 AM
Dec 2021
The show's more of like a parody so atleast I don't take things like that seriously
Jul 12, 2022 7:57 AM
Apr 2020
soniyay said:

lol great counter argument

i actually do care since he was introduced as one of the best spies in the region.
so i expected a bit more of him.
there are a lot of things in the series that just dont matchup but i guess if the fanbase dosent care i wont matter

Jul 12, 2022 8:00 AM
Jul 2018
ayaan692 said:

Yeah, dude, I think the same. No wonder why the information war between agencies is still on with those spies lol Ikr this is prolly fanservice but it's still ridiculous. What kind of spy is that who doesn't even know who is his wife. However, I think we shouldn't look for logic in this cuz it's just an anime.
Jul 12, 2022 8:01 AM
Apr 2020
Ljwatson11 said:
You don’t have to be an assassin to know pressure points anyone can learn them and pretty easily, Liking weapons doesn’t make you an assassin I love katana’s but I’m not an assassin

be honest with yourself shouldnt a decent spy figure out if he is living with an assassin? specially when the assassin is terrible at hiding it.

there are like 10 more hints like yor playing with her knife at the resturant or her listing up all the ways how people die in the mock interview etc.

there is no way around to hide this plothole unless they admit loid is a very bad spy
Jul 12, 2022 8:06 AM
Jun 2021
ayaan692 said:
Ljwatson11 said:

be honest with yourself shouldnt a decent spy figure out if he is living with an assassin? specially when the assassin is terrible at hiding it.

there are like 10 more hints like yor playing with her knife at the resturant or her listing up all the ways how people die in the mock interview etc.

there is no way around to hide this plothole unless they admit loid is a very bad spy
Not sure if it was a theory or if it’s something that actually has happened in the manga but people have been saying Loid definitely knows she’s an assassin

Jul 12, 2022 8:10 AM
Jan 2021
search for plot holes in a series whose success that depends on their absence. your thoughts practically irrelevant to sxf
Jul 12, 2022 8:11 AM
Apr 2020
Ljwatson11 said:
ayaan692 said:

Not sure if it was a theory or if it’s something that actually has happened in the manga but people have been saying Loid definitely knows she’s an assassin

he dosent though because even if he thought about that anya would know since she can read his mind so there isnt even room for speculation or rumours here sorry.
ayaan692Jul 12, 2022 8:17 AM
Jul 12, 2022 8:13 AM
cinnamon girl โ™ก

Apr 2021
ayaan692 said:
soniyay said:

lol great counter argument

i actually do care since he was introduced as one of the best spies in the region.
so i expected a bit more of him.
there are a lot of things in the series that just dont matchup but i guess if the fanbase dosent care i wont matter

no actually jokes apart, i understand where you coming from the 'action' genre to me is a joke under Spy x Family and there should be a SoL genre instead and yes it has a lot of plot holes from Loid being so oblivious to more.
but i watched it a gag anime tbh didn't take seriously, was it fun to watch? HELL YASS
was the plot well made ? i have my doubts.

Jul 12, 2022 8:14 AM
Apr 2020
Oremonogatari said:
search for plot holes in a series whose success that depends on their absence. your thoughts practically irrelevant to sxf

im not particually searching for them. it just irritated me. specially when they promote him as the best spy and all his collegues admire him for his great work yet this dumbass couldnt figure out such a simple thing.

it kinda makes you question his intellegence or the in this case his writer the authers intellegence
Jul 12, 2022 8:19 AM
Jun 2021
You know, some characters get nerfed or dumber for the matter so the plot can move on
Jul 12, 2022 8:21 AM

May 2021
That aspect is supposed to be absurd, the anime just does a shitty job at translating the idea

Jul 12, 2022 8:22 AM
Jul 2018
It's obvious that she's an assassin from viewers pov, but for loid it isn't that simple

1- the information he gathered at the start said that she was no one important and that information is pratically 100% correct, no need to doubt
2- loid knows she's kinda stupid, so most of the things she does he intreprets them as her being an idiot (like liking knives)
3- he does have a suspect but it seems like he doesn't want to find out that she's someone important, he wants her to be innocent of everything he thought she could be

And narrative wise
4- it would ruin the comedy and the plot. We know loid's character so if he knew yor's an assassin, then he would neutralize her and choose someone to be family with and that would ruin the theme of 'we live behind a mask' and everything the story has built upon the family
Jul 12, 2022 8:23 AM
Nov 2021
Ljwatson11 said:

you could learn pressure points but actually executing them during a fight is something totally different. That takes extreme skill that only an assassin or a fighter can do. Even then fighters aren't that good at hitting someone's pressure points during a fight.
Jul 12, 2022 8:23 AM
Jan 2021
I mean, if it annoys you that much then I don't know what to say. Its dramatic irony to make the comedy and the whole plot of the show work. Also to "question the authors intelligence" is kinda weird, its a wholesome comedy with some action, not some edgy spy thriller.
ThreeieceJul 12, 2022 8:28 AM
Jul 12, 2022 8:24 AM

Feb 2021
Do you not know what comedy is cus it don't seem like it. It wouldn't be fun watching Loid either not doing anything at all with her because he knows she's an assassin or just constantly being wary / spying on her ๐Ÿ˜
My Candies:
Jul 12, 2022 8:25 AM
Jun 2020
That's the irony, that Loid can figure out in seconds that Yuri is a secret police but can't figure out that his wife is an assassin despite her brute strength. The author does this entirely on purpose.
Jul 12, 2022 8:32 AM
Feb 2021
that's clearly in propose, if he'll find out it will destroy the entire series and the vibes in it. it's not about loid skills it's about the continue of plot
Nir#9404 on discord feel free to DM me
Jul 12, 2022 8:33 AM

Jul 2015
There is a lot of illogical aspects in this show.
Yor is described as genius, but sometimes she acts like an idiot. Yor buying Loid's story about being assaulted by his patients without any doubt was rather weird.

Jul 12, 2022 8:33 AM

Mar 2020
ayaan692 said:

Your has a different kind of plot amor. Like loid is a very good spy he found out her brother is in this special agency just by the type he’s speaking. So it’s not loid fault. Well it is but your just has plot amor which is why he can’t find out

Jul 12, 2022 8:44 AM
Nov 2018
Who care if for you spy x family is only a spy fiction than I think that you must rewatch it cause the real shit is beyond
Jul 12, 2022 8:45 AM

May 2021
How can people here state that this is for the sake of the plot and think that they did something other than expressing the obvious lmao

Jul 12, 2022 8:51 AM
Jul 2022
Yeah u would want to let know twilight when he doesnt have a deep relationship with yor and anya so when he figures it out that early he would want to divorce and that would create suspiciousness and if he were ro figure it out early while he doesnt know yor that much he wouldnt marry with her i mean that would break the coupleship between them and we dont want that do we.We want thwm to marry heh u guys understand right?
Jul 12, 2022 9:01 AM
Feb 2019
I forgot Spy X Family was a gritty realistic drama and not a spy parody. You figured it out, this show actually sucks.
Jul 12, 2022 9:03 AM

Apr 2012
People: No one is salty because of SxF popularity and we don't look for artificial reasons to attack it.
Also people:
Jul 12, 2022 9:06 AM
Apr 2021
soniyay said:

where is your father?
Jul 12, 2022 9:06 AM
Feb 2021
Yeah this series is just meant to be cute and fun, try not to take it so seriously. If you are looking for a serious story with serious characters, I recommend Monster!
Jul 12, 2022 9:10 AM
Feb 2021
Just wait until author drops the bombshell by revealing that he has already known she was an Assassin but he just didn't want to break up the relationship because it could have foiled his mission
Jul 12, 2022 9:12 AM
Mar 2021
ayaan692 said:

even more weird thing is that he didn't figured out anya's power yet, it was so obvious for any random person to figure it out
Jul 12, 2022 9:12 AM

May 2021
Abysmal_Saint76 said:
Just wait until author drops the bombshell by revealing that he has already known she was an Assassin but he just didn't want to break up the relationship because it could have foiled his mission

That would make sense until you remember that Anya can hear thoughts lmao

Jul 12, 2022 9:13 AM
Jan 2022
It's dramatic irony
Jul 12, 2022 9:18 AM
Feb 2021
Gween_Gween said:
Abysmal_Saint76 said:

That would make sense until you remember that Anya can hear thoughts lmao
You know how he can diverse his Mind, example while teaching Anya where he would be literally brain storming about how he will carry the mission & do this that. Also, it's not like Anya is 24/7 with Loid. But that's just me poking some fun
Jul 12, 2022 9:19 AM

Mar 2021
Oh is he now. Thank you for your input.
Jul 12, 2022 9:20 AM
Jul 2018
I mean... do people nowadays still know how comedies work?
Jul 12, 2022 9:22 AM

Jan 2020
And why did Saitama lose his hair and gain immense power so quickly? Absolute sh*t series because of that illogical reasoning. Seriously tho, this is a comedy and some aspects aren’t meant to be taken seriously. Also, even Loid himself has been admitting that he’s been “off his game” since being a part of this family, and he even spied on her when he had his doubts at one point.
Jul 12, 2022 9:25 AM

Apr 2012
_Maneki-Neko_ said:
I mean... do people nowadays still know how comedies work?

A couple of weeks ago, one person complained about the running gags on this show, calling them repetitive. It's like people don't try at all to make accusations against this show.

Animillion said:
And why did Saitama lose his hair and gain immense power so quickly? Absolute sh*t series because of that illogical reasoning. Seriously tho, this is a comedy and some aspects aren’t meant to be taken seriously. Also, even Loid himself has been admitting that he’s been “off his game” since being a part of this family, and he even spied on her when he had his doubts at one point.

Reminds me of one YouTuber who called the plot hole in ReZero that the first season doesn't reveal all the intrigues of LN.
Jul 12, 2022 9:34 AM
Aug 2020
Does her being an Assassin interfere with his mission? If anything it's extra protection for Anya and the house.
Jul 12, 2022 9:38 AM
Mar 2020
The show doesn’t take itself seriously so why should you?

๐˜š๐˜ฐ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ๐˜ต๐˜ช๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด ๐˜ธ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ ๐˜ ๐˜ค๐˜ญ๐˜ฐ๐˜ด๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฎ๐˜บ ๐˜ฆ๐˜บ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด, ๐˜ ๐˜ค๐˜ข๐˜ฏ’๐˜ต ๐˜ด๐˜ฆ๐˜ฆ.

Jul 12, 2022 10:00 AM
Feb 2019
Gween_Gween said:
How can people here state that this is for the sake of the plot and think that they did something other than expressing the obvious lmao

can you not handle seeing ppl express things they don’t like about a series you like? The thread wasn’t to sound smart, it’s a fair complaint , the show is illogical and I don’t feel like it deserves to be critically acclaimed amongst the greatest anime ever for that specific reason. Still enjoy it a lot and will continue watching
Jul 12, 2022 10:15 AM
May 2021
Their whole agreement is that they don't care about what the other does so long as they can continue doing what they do. The only thing that could eventually come between that is Yuri finding out Loid is Twilight. But think about it, if we know he's a spy anyway, that makes him a bad spy๐Ÿ˜ˆ๐Ÿ˜ˆ๐Ÿ˜ˆ
Jul 12, 2022 10:20 AM

Apr 2012
MeVike said:
The show doesn’t take itself seriously so why should you?

People deliberately try to take it too seriously so that the non-serious parts of it start to looks silly it and they can criticize it. It's called the "cynical approach" and it's already quite used by the bad critics on YouTube.
Jul 12, 2022 10:27 AM
Aug 2021
I mean... yeah, it's a comedy. Like someone else said, dramatic irony.
Jul 12, 2022 10:42 AM
Apr 2020
title: You're a terrible spy

No you are!
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Spy x Family Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 30, 2022

402 by Fenc »»
Apr 24, 11:13 AM

Poll: » Spy x Family Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 25, 2022

490 by Aleesaa »»
Apr 22, 12:16 AM

Poll: » Spy x Family Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 11, 2022

320 by boumboumboum »»
Apr 9, 5:52 PM

Poll: » Spy x Family Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 4, 2022

247 by nyxzded »»
Apr 9, 2:42 AM

Poll: » Spy x Family Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 9, 2022

643 by SephiHakubi »»
Mar 31, 6:04 PM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.