Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jul 1, 2022 11:05 PM
Dec 2018
gathering the best people at the business doesn't particularly mean the project is good, this has been a misconception a lot of people and many mediums are suffering from.. i'm kinda worried about anime because this method wasn't a thing before netflix got their eyes on anime.. i really just hope this won't affect the creators passion
#kyoanistrong
Jul 1, 2022 11:13 PM
Jun 2021
idc wat anyone says abt the storyline cuz it's all mid. but the animation and soundtracks r insanely good.
Jul 1, 2022 11:20 PM
Jun 2022
I heard a lot of people say that this movie was trash and boring , but I loved the music and the quality of it it was really good! plus it did make me cry.
Jul 1, 2022 11:33 PM
Mar 2021
Just wanna address this just cause a movie is the worst movie you ever watched it can be the best movie for someone else
Jul 2, 2022 12:01 AM
Dec 2018
Pru112 said:
idc wat anyone says abt the storyline cuz it's all mid. but the animation and soundtracks r insanely good.

100% Agree, the soundtrack and the visuals were phenomenal
#kyoanistrong
Jul 2, 2022 12:13 AM
Dec 2021
Pru112 said:

I agree with you bro , visuals were stunning & soundtrack was mesmerizing.
iAmNicks
Jul 2, 2022 2:46 AM

May 2021
The visuals made it bearable,if it werent for them,i would've dropped this shit 20 minutes in
Jul 2, 2022 2:54 AM
Jul 2018
The story was very bad. Music and sometimes good animation saved this shit from complete fail
Jul 2, 2022 3:07 AM
Mar 2022
The movie was ass but the animation made me watch it all
Jul 2, 2022 3:09 AM
Sep 2020
Pru112 said:

Which equate to shit
Jul 2, 2022 3:26 AM
Apr 2022
Pru112 said:

Your are very correct. the music really touched me. and it flowed quite well with the show
Jul 2, 2022 5:34 AM
Jul 2018
Pru112 said:

I'm with you here. There was alot of heart put into this movie, even if the plot direction didnt turn out well. This wasn't some mid production with tons of stills/bad animation
Jul 2, 2022 7:29 AM
Sep 2021
aku_mado said:
gathering the best people at the business doesn't particularly mean the project is good, this has been a misconception a lot of people and many mediums are suffering from.. i'm kinda worried about anime because this method wasn't a thing before netflix got their eyes on anime.. i really just hope this won't affect the creators passion

The thing is. Were all of these talented people allowed to crest the show they wanted or was Netflix using them as bait to create a budget your name? Animation and soundtrack was just god tier but story felt forced and waaaaaaayyy tooooo fast. I’m just curious as to what happened behind the scenes. Anime like death parade and sonny boy are great examples of what an anime can be if many talented people are allowed to create the show they wanted. But this time I think Netflix didn’t allow or want this team to create something better than what we got.
Jul 2, 2022 8:45 AM
Jan 2019
Im pretty sure this is a passion project by the old Aot crew so i dont think this will affect their passion at all
Jul 2, 2022 12:44 PM

Jul 2020
I can still enjoy this movie for what it is. The visuals and soundtrack alone are stunning and whilst the plot and characters weren't fantastic, it still had those other elements driving me forward. Not everything has to be a perfect 10/10 in every respect to find some value in it.
Jul 2, 2022 2:42 PM
Sep 2021
aku_mado said:

True, the storyline isn’t great, so I’m kinda disappointed since it was so hyped up. But the animation and music is great and I did cry
Jul 2, 2022 9:17 PM
Jun 2022
I saw this, it's solid but not bad, but Weathering With You is much better than Your Name, it's just my own opinion please don't bash me Your Name fans hahaha
Jul 2, 2022 11:20 PM
Feb 2021
Indeed, I was let down too by the assembled hall of fame. I just hope that this won't be a trend going forward, and that Urobuchi will return to his top game once more.
Jul 3, 2022 12:06 AM
Dec 2018
VeryGhoul said:
aku_mado said:

The thing is. Were all of these talented people allowed to crest the show they wanted or was Netflix using them as bait to create a budget your name? Animation and soundtrack was just god tier but story felt forced and waaaaaaayyy tooooo fast. I’m just curious as to what happened behind the scenes. Anime like death parade and sonny boy are great examples of what an anime can be if many talented people are allowed to create the show they wanted. But this time I think Netflix didn’t allow or want this team to create something better than what we got.

ikr??! it felt like they bought every thing including the story which it wasn't horrible but it lacked passion and felt repetitive.. if netflix had just let these people do what they wanted there's no doubt that they will produce a masterpiece
#kyoanistrong
Jul 3, 2022 12:14 AM
Dec 2018
lia89lu said:
aku_mado said:

True, the storyline isn’t great, so I’m kinda disappointed since it was so hyped up. But the animation and music is great and I did cry

if you really want to cry your eyes out try watching clannad it's a bit long (considering that it's two seasons, about 40+ eps) but the payoff is so worth it
#kyoanistrong
Jul 3, 2022 12:24 AM
Dec 2018
Ailmhryst said:
I saw this, it's solid but not bad, but Weathering With You is much better than Your Name, it's just my own opinion please don't bash me Your Name fans hahaha

i waited so long for Shinkai's project after Your Name to the point i forgot about it.. but recently i picked up Weathering With You and it was so good im so happy i decided to watch it
#kyoanistrong
Jul 3, 2022 12:29 AM
Dec 2018
IbnAurum said:
Indeed, I was let down too by the assembled hall of fame. I just hope that this won't be a trend going forward, and that Urobuchi will return to his top game once more.

hopefully never again, and don't worry obviously netflix wanted him to write a story in 5 minutes.. so it's okay
#kyoanistrong
Jul 7, 2022 7:04 PM

Oct 2011
I thought the movie was really good. I gave it 9/10. Maybe people dislike it for the ending and the story somewhat? But the animation and fast pace parkour and art was amazing imo.
Jul 10, 2022 8:27 PM

Oct 2019
aku_mado said:

you aren't wrong, but you aren't right either.

the only aspect that this movie didn't deliver on was the story, and from what I have heard Gen Urobuchi's involvement was mostly a click bait.

that said. even if it wasn't, the movie had elements as good as you may have expected from 2/3 people who worked on it.

it is true that big names don't always mean perfection, but they are certainly way more promising than random people.

I think what matters most is knowing, what big names to choose to go with what other big names or projects.
Also available at:
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK8spdL1M_J-z0vO2C7jPLw
Why You Should Watch Akudama Drive: https://youtu.be/Yw0r52wRjgA
An AMV I that I spend way too much time on:
A Love Letter To Anime「AMV」: https://youtu.be/YQyqxFM2m9Q

My referral code to a website/app that gives you free money (a few cents a day) by using a few megabytes of your internet for file sharing. We both get a bonus if you use my link: https://r.honeygain.me/ARSHIA7942
Jul 12, 2022 6:43 AM
May 2022
I generally watch anime’s for music experience and amazing soundtrack, and this anime soundtrack is 100/10
Jul 23, 2022 10:20 AM
Master Otaku

Mar 2009
Reminds me of Violet Evergarden...top tier animation with a boring story.
Justp94Jul 23, 2022 10:59 AM
- Justin T. Poindexter
Jul 24, 2022 12:27 PM
Jul 2021
This movie is absolutely terrible. The animation is beautiful, but the plot and characters are shit.
Jul 29, 2022 11:06 AM
Dec 2018
Xienti said:
I generally watch anime’s for music experience and amazing soundtrack, and this anime soundtrack is 100/10

well.. i don't see clannad on your list, so i think you're a liar
#kyoanistrong

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bubble Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

KANLen09 - Apr 28, 2022

175 by Bedside »»
Dec 17, 2023 4:41 PM

» Why spend so much time, resource to animate such generic story!? ( 1 2 )

Sandro8604 - May 24, 2022

63 by Jonas-K »»
Nov 28, 2023 10:24 AM

» That's crazy ('spoiler–ish)

jussypuicey - Sep 12, 2023

7 by Jonas-K »»
Nov 28, 2023 10:21 AM

» Impressed with Wit Studio here, what a gem of animation

Rob7 - Mar 11, 2023

13 by IceCreamScene »»
Mar 14, 2023 9:39 AM

» So, this is basically a light version of "The Song of Saya".

antohachan - May 20, 2022

11 by Adnash »»
Jan 7, 2023 6:43 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.