3It was OK
5.9%
2Disliked it
0.0%
1Hated it
0.0%
Average 4.5
17 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 22, 2010 10:56 AM

Feb 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I kind of liked that episode. so, Ruri was in love with her dad? and her dad saw Ruri as that shinma butterfly? it was kind of confusing for me lol.

Theres only a few episodes left and theres no real plot, it's just Miyu getting rid of shinma.. I wonder when something else will happen..
Jun 19, 2014 3:46 PM

May 2012
Pretty average episode, let's see what's next.
Aug 14, 2019 7:47 PM

Oct 2016
That whole father/daughter thing was really weird. Especially when he was approaching her saying "caress me in your bosom".
Also I liked how genuinely surprised Miyu was when that guy self-immolated.

May 16, 2020 11:41 AM

Jun 2010
The apparent story of their being a Shinma butterfly girl was presented so straightforward I think it becomes obvious that it's not really what's going on; this series has always had an element of mystery to it rather than being simple monster hunts.

Because it was so obvious I don't like the reveal that much but I do like one small consequence; there never was a shinma butterfly monster which means that in the beginning of the episode Miyu's attention wasn't drawn by those butterflies as there was nothing special about them; instead she must have noticed Ruri's loneliness and felt sympathy.
Dec 21, 2020 8:32 PM
Dec 2019
Don't like this episode. Of course Chiaki Konaka possesses none of the subtlety of the rest of the series and settles for the generic alluring dream thing. They give him an episode to write and he writes the same thing about sweet dreams he wrote for that episode of Rahxephon. The load of exposition in this episode is pretty clumsy and out of character for the series, which prefers to show, not tell. He literally had to write out "cracks in the human mind".

Themes are similarly one-dimensional. Besides the generic dream thing for the father this girl suffered from an Oedipus complex taken to the extreme.

The idea that if you don't remember it didn't happen echoes his ideas in The Big O and Serial Experiments Lain. Which is obviously NOT TRUE either in terms of an individual's reality or the entire reality because even if you don't remember it the patterns of behavior that lead to the incident are still present and thus lead to the incident repeating.

"It was what he wanted". Something that Konaka says in every single series he writes because he has no conception of meaning other than doing what you want. And of course he'll have a female character go catatonic after losing her raison d'etre.

On the other hand the main storyline is starting next episode so hopefully this series doesn't go the way of Darker Than Black and have a main storyline much worse than its episodic one. I say this because the two episodes concerning the main storyline sucked ass.
RecynonDec 21, 2020 8:47 PM
Apr 18, 8:39 PM

Dec 2022
deliciously sick and tragic
plus, filled with tons of high effort still frames of Miyu looking beautiful ^_^

More topics from this board

Poll: » Vampire Princess Miyu Episode 26 Discussion

EuphoricField - Apr 22, 2010

20 by gannoncannon55 »»
Apr 20, 11:42 PM

Poll: » Vampire Princess Miyu Episode 25 Discussion

6 by gannoncannon55 »»
Apr 20, 11:16 PM

Poll: » Vampire Princess Miyu Episode 24 Discussion

5 by gannoncannon55 »»
Apr 20, 10:56 PM

Poll: » Vampire Princess Miyu Episode 23 Discussion

3 by gannoncannon55 »»
Apr 20, 9:38 PM

Poll: » Vampire Princess Miyu Episode 22 Discussion

8 by gannoncannon55 »»
Apr 19, 10:02 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.