Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 21, 2010 10:29 AM

Feb 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Wow, it must be crazy to have your faced changed and then talk to someone you know about yourself and they don't even know it. Wow I didn't expect him to get is real face back at the end and his lover stabbing & Killing him. Sucks for her she was in love with the same man the whole time and she didn't even know it, and she killed the man she loves.

P.S I love Miyu's hair :)
Jun 10, 2010 6:10 PM

Nov 2009
wow lol that must suck 4 him!!! although the amusement park thing must have been fun 4 him... but in the end he died with his 3rd chance in life haha... if anything that guy is REALLY lucky!!! i jus feel bad 4 the lives hes taken. . .anyway it was a good anime =D
Jun 18, 2014 5:56 PM

May 2012
Another pretty insane episode, a lot of death combined with rather dramatically events!
Oct 9, 2017 8:20 PM

Jun 2013
And I thought that would finally be a happy ending. Big mistake. Only misfortunes happen in this anime.
Jun 6, 2019 4:21 PM

Jan 2019
Lol this show loves to kill characters for no reason at all. In first ep we get the annoying nerdy kid killed just for being annoying I guess.
In this one, when finally you think the poor guy is safe, he end up stabed by his own girlfriend.
Even the secondary characters that managed to survive in most episodes so far, they only do by getting their blood sucked by the mc and stay alive but at same time in some sort of lala land..

It is kind of funny some people rage nowadays when a modern show is a bit edgy. Imagine if they watch this anime. Sure, it is not so gory or violent, but the amount of characters that get killed just for the lulz is dumb.

Still, not bad for an old school low budget show.
Feb 14, 2020 10:35 AM

Jun 2010
Another short film like the cat episode but it's muddled and less successful. At best it's about a very flawed man getting a second chance at life but his past mistakes ruin it, but Miyu's involvement just confused things while in the cat episode the story was already over when she came in.
Dec 19, 2020 8:09 PM
Dec 2019
Fronzel said:
Another short film like the cat episode but it's muddled and less successful. At best it's about a very flawed man getting a second chance at life but his past mistakes ruin it, but Miyu's involvement just confused things while in the cat episode the story was already over when she came in.

Agreed, it's very confusing as to what they wanted to say. You probably don't even remember this episode and don't care but if you're interested, here's my attempt to interpret this episode and make some kind of sense out of it.

From the preview. "Today he obtained a new face, a new self, and a new life. That is a life of illusion given by a shinma."

"I'm tired of this life. I want to have a whole new life. Let me ask you: if you could be reborn, who would you want to be?"

"Huh? I don't know. I probably wouldn't change a thing."

I think this is about a man who tries to turn a new leaf but can't escape his old ways; his reformed self is merely an illusion. His girlfriend says that she was abused as a child and now she finds herself unable to escape the cycle of getting attached to bad men. He's trying to break the cycle of criminal behavior in himself and in doing so he's creating a new face, so to say, that's in conflict with his old one. You can say that this episode is more about a split personality disorder than a second life story, with the new life thing being about the birth of a new persona. When the shinma dies, so does the illusion. When his original face, or perhaps his true face, comes to surface, his girlfriend can't stand the regression and kills him. From the lines, "I probably wouldn't change a thing", "I never asked for this", and "That is a life of illusion given by a shinma", this indicates that although he got a second chance he didn't really want to change his ways. Broadly speaking, even when people are given second chances, they keep repeating the same mistakes.

Or maybe they had no idea where they were going with this and just threw that last twist in there to be edgy, I don't know. Because really, if this was just about a guy genuinely trying to leave his old ways behind but the consequences of his past life catch up to him, that's so cheesy and it's not saying anything interesting. Oh so you tried to be a better person but it's too late? That sucks. Or if it's a lame Faustian tale about the price of getting a second life, that's even dumber.
Oct 24, 2021 6:21 AM

Jul 2011
At this point I'm not really surprised considering bad endings are far more common than good ones but this one felt the most forced so far.
I don't think that final twist was necessary.
Apr 8, 10:54 PM

Dec 2022
that was some Eyes Wide Shut type shit

More topics from this board

Poll: » Vampire Princess Miyu Episode 26 Discussion

EuphoricField - Apr 22, 2010

20 by gannoncannon55 »»
Apr 20, 11:42 PM

Poll: » Vampire Princess Miyu Episode 25 Discussion

6 by gannoncannon55 »»
Apr 20, 11:16 PM

Poll: » Vampire Princess Miyu Episode 24 Discussion

5 by gannoncannon55 »»
Apr 20, 10:56 PM

Poll: » Vampire Princess Miyu Episode 23 Discussion

3 by gannoncannon55 »»
Apr 20, 9:38 PM

Poll: » Vampire Princess Miyu Episode 22 Discussion

8 by gannoncannon55 »»
Apr 19, 10:02 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.